• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COT4 Results as I get them (COMPLETE TOP 8 RESULTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
SOMETHING FUNNY FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

Evidently somebody got beaten so badly they went Super Emo and threw their TV off of a bridge.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sooo....Texas did pretty good at this for not having our 4 best players there :p.

:p.
Lol.

I am indeed curious how I would have done, given how well the South did (including my boy Reflex).

Guess we'll have to see some other time.

Edit:
You gotta put Wario in there for Spam...he played an amazing Wario. Get at his DI
He took Ally to Brinstar and lost there, yet won on Delfino? I would expect it to be the other way around, but meh. I wanna see vids of him playing sometime.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
to my knowledge, Vex has mained DDD, but used bowser this tourney? He HAD to have also used DDD...no way.
Vex mains Bowser now. When are people going to let go of false misconceptions held on from Melee and realise Bowser is good this game.

BTW, Vex believes Bowser is high tier.

Sliq

Smash Master
Vex mains Bowser now. When are people going to let go of false misconceptions held on from Melee and realise Bowser is good this game.

BTW, Vex believes Bowser is high tier.
I personally talked to him and he told me himself that he used other characters. From the context clues, I surmise he barely used Bowser, but I'm just guessing at this point.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Lol.

I am indeed curious how I would have done, given how well the South did (including my boy Reflex).

Guess we'll have to see some other time.

Edit:

He took Ally to Brinstar and lost there, yet won on Delfino? I would expect it to be the other way around, but meh. I wanna see vids of him playing sometime.
He lost to ally by dying at 0 from some bs fart shenanigans. Everyone in the room thought spam had clearly won, but the game had other ideas. Would you play you're very best directly after losing your last stock at 0 when you thought you had the win?...vs Ally?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
He lost to ally by dying at 0 from some bs fart shenanigans. Everyone in the room thought spam had clearly won, but the game had other ideas. Would you play you're very best directly after losing your last stock at 0 when you thought you had the win?...vs Ally?
epic fail poor spammerer

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was just surprised he lost on that stage, that's all. It's slanted heavily in Wario's favor vs Snake there, sounded like he was down most of the match and started to camp on it only at his last stock.

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Way to completely fall on your face Chibo. You had the best of the best come from everywhere LOLOL.

Chibo couldn't even run a 30 man tournament smoothly it took way too long how the **** do you think you could even run something on this calibur.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
btw @ hylian, dojo is your best player, so don't say your 4 best players weren't there. Dojo is the best player in TX.
Espy says youre lying.

hes the higest ranking low tier mainer by far, but still
loolololololololololololloololololol at espy being the best.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i'm happy u see it the melee way ...

i mean brawl is fun dont get me wrong ... but imo it shouldn't b a tournament game ... its all about cheap tactics ... barely any pressure unless u have projectiles ... very stupid imo lol
**** straight. Melee for life

dies for what? not entertaining someone in a video game that he paid money to play?
It's people like him that are ruining the community. People see that random scrubs beat top players using such methods, so they emulate them. Soon, you have matches lasting well over 6 minutes and holding up tournies. They are the cancer of the smash community.

And just what are you trying to prove? That because a pathetic strategy works by sheer dumb luck I should applaud it? Why are you even defending something that makes the game FAR less enjoyable to opponents and spectator's alike? Are you just trying to start an arugument here or what?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Who won by camping and pure dumb luck from two horribly ****ty stages. It's true, I saw parts of it. The guy looked like he was 14. I also talked with several friends who played that Diddy in pools and said he camped everyone and ran the timer on another friend of mine.

I hope that kid dies.
You've got some real nerve to say that. I also see that threatening so I'm reporting that.

It's people like him that are ruining the community. People see that random scrubs beat top players using such methods, so they emulate them. Soon, you have matches lasting well over 6 minutes and holding up tournies. They are the cancer of the smash community.

And just what are you trying to prove? That because a pathetic strategy works by sheer dumb luck I should applaud it? Why are you even defending something that makes the game FAR less enjoyable to opponents and spectator's alike? Are you just trying to start an arugument here or what?

Seriously you can suck it in the *** I'm just trying to win and it was DDD who brought me to RC. You tell me how Diddy camps on a moving stage?

You want to know the only 2 characters I faced in the tourney? Kirby and DDD. Diddy has to camp DDD to win or else he'll chain throw you and tech chase you and all that ****. Kirby takes me to frikien brinstar and Diddy can't do **** there.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Who won by camping and pure dumb luck from two horribly ****ty stages. It's true, I saw parts of it. The guy looked like he was 14. I also talked with several friends who played that Diddy in pools and said he camped everyone and ran the timer on another friend of mine.

I hope that kid dies.
WOW WTF UR A ********.
Don't get ***** by dmbradon again.
yo dude seriously though, wtf ur a ****ing ***** to say that. And BTW ur like 5'6 so stfu

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Wow, what an amazing tournament.
There were MAJOR delays in beginning doubles pools. Once it went underway, though, it was a blast.
So much talent was in that large room and I was able to meet my fellow Pikachus, including Anther, who I had the pleasure to friendly with.

I got gayed by having M2K in my pool. It took forever for him to show up to our pool to play his matches and I told the guys there that if he doesn't show up soon we all can 2-0 him and then Chibo will look at the sheet and say "Who are these people that 2-0'd M2k? They must be GODS!"

Playing you was fun, M2k. It took me by surprise that you had no Pikachu experience prior to playing me and thanks for agreeing to play me on FD. Me taking a stock off you was surely a highlight of the tournament.

Chudat- you're a cool guy. It's inevitable now that we will see more of each other in future biweeklies since I know the guy whose house you might move them to.

Good shiz to everyone who showed. Philly cheese steaks ftw. Wish I had one. :/

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Thumbs....I'll give it to you in Melee terms. How does a Fox win on Poke'floats...or Brinstar? He camps the crap out of whoever he's playing. End of Story. It exists in Brawl, it exists in Melee, and it exists in Super Camping Bros/who has the best Pikachu 64. (<3 SSB64 ^________^) When people want to win...they do it. It's as simple as that.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You've got some real nerve to say that. I also see that threatening so I'm reporting that.

Seriously you can suck it in the *** I'm just trying to win and it was DDD who brought me to RC. You tell me how Diddy camps on a moving stage?

You want to know the only 2 characters I faced in the tourney? Kirby and DDD. Diddy has to camp DDD to win or else he'll chain throw you and tech chase you and all that ****. Kirby takes me to frikien brinstar and Diddy can't do **** there.
I understand the problems with those matchups, I'm a Diddy main and I've seen it all. I've been camped by every single character in this game by people who know they can't beat me otherwise. The RC thing was his faul for CPing there. I'm mad at you because like three people I know who are good at this game told me you were a terrible diddy who camped them the entire match. You ran the timer on a friend of mine, which is BS regardless of the matchup. You planked, so you are the worst of the worst in this game.

I play DDDs and Kirbys all the time. I know DDD is a *** who DEFINITELY has the advantage on Diddy, but running away is stooping lower than them. WHY would you even want the win after that? Now Kirby is a different story. You can smash DI out of that grab combo he has and you can beat great Kirbys if you just space really **** well. I despise Brinstar as well, but it's not the gayest place he could have taken you. There are far worse stages in this game.

thumbs: huh? what's "lucky" about knowing how to camp well?
Grab release to a random claw guy killing Atomsk at low percent on Japes. Then he died at 40% and at 0% on Rainbow Cruise because of the stage moving. Least that's what he told me. I witnessed the Japes thing first hand. Man that was gay and lucky as ****.

WOW WTF UR A ********.
Don't get ***** by dmbradon again.
yo dude seriously though, wtf ur a ****ing ***** to say that. And BTW ur like 5'6 so stfu
Shouldn't you be in bed? No one pays attention to you anyway. Btw I took dmbrandon to third game last stock, so you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. And I'm actually 5'8'', but that doesn't matter cause you're like 10 anyway LOL

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumbs....I'll give it to you in Melee terms. How does a Fox win on Poke'floats...or Brinstar? He camps the crap out of whoever he's playing. End of Story. It exists in Brawl, it exists in Melee, and it exists in Super Camping Bros/who has the best Pikachu 64. (<3 SSB64 ^________^) When people want to win...they do it. It's as simple as that.
I said this earlier, but in Melee combos exist. If I'm a good, experienced, smart player I can get a grab off on a campy Fox on Brinstar or Poke Floats and 0-death him. Or at least **** his **** up. There's an answer to camping in Melee while there is none in Brawl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
klaptraps are gay, yes

but they are NOT random and people really need to stop perpetuating that horrible lie.

if you dont want that to happen to you, dont get caught there during 1 of those 9 seconds.

its called being good. and if you are good, and you still get caught by crap like that, maybe you arent as good as you thought.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Spam and Lee get the most cool points. Lee for being amazing with Lucario and Spam for being spam. Arent the stages a lil ******** though, Norfair in singles?

The most fascinating thing about the tournament was just listening to see who had knocked out who. Lots of player matchups you'd never expect.

The bad arrangement with timing only made the tournament more epic. You know its hardcore when hundreds of people will stay up till 4:30 in the morning just to see what happened. I woke up this morning and there were still a hundred people on the chat.

Too ****ing good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom