• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COT4 Results as I get them (COMPLETE TOP 8 RESULTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Too bad this tournament wasn't all it was hyped to be...but it was nonetheless entertaining.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Who won by camping and pure dumb luck from two horribly ****ty stages. It's true, I saw parts of it. The guy looked like he was 14. I also talked with several friends who played that Diddy in pools and said he camped everyone and ran the timer on another friend of mine.

I hope that kid dies.
That "kid" has beaten Inui and Atomsk before and used to be ranked 7th in NJ "Da Puffster".

He's 16 or 17 now and he's too awesome but I'm sad NJ had to take out another NJ player :(

Sliq

Smash Master
Yea, its easy to run less than 30 man tournaments.
SMYM started around 11 A.M. and ended around midnight and had 104 entrants.

Man, I thought Melee people only bashed Brawl, and Brawl people were innocent bystanders?

pockyD

Smash Legend
WCSL had 180 brawl entrants and 80 melee entrants, ran pools for both, started at noon and ended at 8 pm both days

don't underestimate the power of a great TO

on the other hand, the comparisons to manacloud are unfair... at no point was I under the impression that chibo was TRYING to screw people over or profit off of them... it sounds like he was merely being incompetent, not outright evil

not everyone is cut out to host large tournaments, and now he knows that he is not. there is no reason to hate on him as a person

TantalusIX

Smash Rookie
Anther owns. You'll get 'em next time, ya sexy beast <3

The top 5 needed moar RIG.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Lol know what's kinda ignorant?

Texas thinks we have the best diddy and marth now just because someone from here beat NL and Neo

Vayseth

Smash Master
HEY GUYS. I UPDATED THE POST WITH THE TOP 16 TO THE BEST OF MY MEMORY. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT DOUBLES PAYOUT WAS. CHARACTERS USED AND REGIONS ARE LISTED. PM ME IF I GOT SOMETHING WRONG OR IF YOU CAN FILL IN SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW. Thanks!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ROFL at people being butt hurt and bringing up 1 of like 6 Melee tournaments in the last year with 100+ people. It's not bashing Melee. Melee numbers speak for themselves, with most Melee local tournaments pulling less than 30 people (probably less than 20).

And yea, 100 person tournament, OMG, you could probably finish singles and doubles in less than 1 day. Actually, I know you could, because I did it at BOMB4 in 2005 (104 people).

Sliq, the Melee people brought the Brawl bashing into this thread, not the other way around. Sorry if you or others feel offended for calling errors out when I see them.

Sliq

Smash Master
ROFL at people being butt hurt and bringing up 1 of like 6 Melee tournaments in the last year with 100+ people. It's not bashing Melee. Melee numbers speak for themselves, with most Melee local tournaments pulling less than 30 people (probably less than 20).

And yea, 100 person tournament, OMG, you could probably finish singles and doubles in less than 1 day. Actually, I know you could, because I did it at BOMB4 in 2005 (104 people).

Sliq, the Melee people brought the Brawl bashing into this thread, not the other way around. Sorry if you or others feel offended for calling errors out when I see them.
And then you brought the Melee bashing. Which means both parties are guilty of it. Which still makes me right.

The "he did it first" argument stops holding water once you hit middle school.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Um thumbs why don't you just quit Brawl lol
Did for a bit, went to this because a bunch of my friends said it was gonna be the biggest tourny on the east coast with low tier tourny and crews, neither of which happened. I figured it was worth it since I went to a LOT of small bad tournies, so I didn't want to miss probably the biggest one. Plus I got to play Melee with some awesome people, so it was worth it.

That "kid" has beaten Inui and Atomsk before and used to be ranked 7th in NJ "Da Puffster".

He's 16 or 17 now and he's too awesome but I'm sad NJ had to take out another NJ player :(
I don't care who's he's beaten, it's how he did it that matters. You think I condoned Plank's playstyle in the early days of Brawl when he ledgecamped every single person for 7 minutes and got a stage banned? No. From what several of my friends told me this kid plays the same. If everything I have heard is correct, he is awful and should never be allowed at tournies again. Incidentally, wasn't there some rule of excessive camping and stalling that was supposed to be enforced at this? They definitely didn't come through on that one LOL

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol, I make a mistake on the livestream and say LAPD and people won't shut up about, lmao!!
Because it's epic

wtf? then change it. no johns.
but it's entertaining

good tourney guys. I'm glad I didn't drive 11 hours to this, because it would have been exhausting, but watching/listening/reading it online was greaat entertainment.

Incidentally, wasn't there some rule of excessive camping and stalling that was supposed to be enforced at this? They definitely didn't come through on that one LOL
No joke. There should be SOME way to enforce it...like, if he's BLATANTLY avoiding you throughout most of the match, and it end after 8 minutes with say, 2+ stocks on each player, the one who was obviously forcing the camp should just automatically lose.

People say "play to win" but this is just bull****, and they know it.

Does M2K win by doing this? No. Did any of the top 8 besides apparently Spammer? No..

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
this actually was a pretty entertaining tourney despite, no because of all the craziness lol
and still got to see some good matches...

i feel bad for Chibo but at least we'll have learned from this

obligatory COT 4 joke: RIG got money back from Chibo and Anti's mom led the LAPD arresting M2K :p

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I'm surprised to hear that this tournament lasted past 2 am and didn't have time for the finals. Why was this tournament so disorganized?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I love how underestimated the south was at this :p.

I had to ton of fun playing/meeting/chilling with everyone. EC has some really fun smashers :). I'll do shoutouts in the results thread.

Texas had a lot of fun, thanks East Coast :).

infomon

Smash Scientist
I don't care who's he's beaten, it's how he did it that matters.
ummmm...... no? If he's got a good strategy, what's the problem? I'm not convinced that ledgecamping has been proven to be broken to the point that we need to make arbitrary rules to limit it. That seems kinda extreme..... idk, I'm not pro, but is this really accepted? It sounds even crazier than banning MK.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't care who's he's beaten, it's how he did it that matters. You think I condoned Plank's playstyle in the early days of Brawl when he ledgecamped every single person for 7 minutes and got a stage banned? No. From what several of my friends told me this kid plays the same. If everything I have heard is correct, he is awful and should never be allowed at tournies again. Incidentally, wasn't there some rule of excessive camping and stalling that was supposed to be enforced at this? They definitely didn't come through on that one LOL
boo frickin hoo

they didn't "come through" on that because stall rules are inherently unenforceable. I applaud him for taking advantage of that fact

and YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

he's not there to entertain you or uphold some ill-conceived notion of honor. If camping within the rules lets him win, then let him camp

If you don't want to get camped that bad, then quit the campy game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom