• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You can ledgehop neutral B and regrab the ledge with Marth.

You let go of the ledge and side B and regrab the ledge with Marth (if you have your floaty side B). You can ledgehop bair and side B towards the ledge to regrab as well.

Sockless

Smash Rookie
if ur fox and your on the edge and get up by pressing A or B if mario over bs at the right time fox will fly to the other side of FD

X1-12

Smash Champion
falco's F-smash has some weird invincibility or something, if ness PK fires and you F-smash it it seems to go through you without connecting

VA

Smash Hero
not invincibility, it probably has something to do with falco's hitbox during the animation of fsmash and the miniature and awful hitbox of PK Fire...at a guess.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Ok i looked and didnt see anything, so im not sure how many people know this but fox and falcos firebird clashes with docs pills and continues their momentum. Its not super useful (maybe not at all) but i did manage to firebird into a pilldrop recovery and follow up with an aerial. It was funny, idk about useful. just thought yall should know

VA

Smash Hero
I thought that sometimes a normal turnip can beat it out depending on the trajectory? Like if he's going straight up a turnip would beat fox out :/

I dunno maybe that's more to do with the hitbox of firefox.

Spife

Smash Master
what about the link's bombs? No way in plu-perfect hell do they just go through an explosion.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Best way I've found to survive after a strong hit:
Smash DI as well as you can then normal DI the hit so you fly towards the top corners of the screen. When you approach the borders of that corner jump up. You can't kill yourself jumping at the top (haven't tested this 100% as it was during one of my few encounters with a AR).
Flying towards the corners gives you the longest possible distance that you can fly thus survive after that jump through the top border (won't kill you).

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I've jumped off the top to my death before... Are you sure that's true? I could definitely be mistaken, though.

VA

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you can't, this is why luigi ladder works. Also just get bunny ears and go on a warp star as falco then jump on corneria xD

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Actually, you can, but you need AR and the infinite jump code : if you jump repeatedly for a long time, you'll go so high that you'll be far beyond the blast zone. You'll reach a height that is the distance where you are too far for the game to calculate your position (well, that's my guess). When you reach it, you either die or the game freezes, I can't remember.

L__

Smash Master
I did the Luigi Ladder long enough that the off-screen icon appeared at the bottom instead of the top...

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Yeah, isn't that what's suppose to happen after not so long

also, can someone please explain how you can jump out of the blast zone and live yet with momentum you just die regardless? i'm confused.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
If Game & Watch is up-thrown by fox through a platform, he can tech the platform AS he's going through it, as opposed to having to wait until landing on the platform to tech. This makes it hard for fox to follow with an aerial.

Also for G&W's judgement hammer....

1. The first hammer in a match cannot be a 1 or 2.
2. The second hammer in a match cannot be a 2.
3. Any number the hammer displays cannot be obtained again until after 2 more hammers.
4. A death (fall or SD) will reset the rules currently applied to #3.

- As long as the hammer animation starts, it will count as the next number
Note: may not be version 00 applicable

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Yeah, isn't that what's suppose to happen after not so long

also, can someone please explain how you can jump out of the blast zone and live yet with momentum you just die regardless? i'm confused.
I believe the game checks if you're in hitstun or not. This only applies to the upper blastline.

Lovage

Smash Hero
If Game & Watch is up-thrown by fox through a platform, he can tech the platform AS he's going through it, as opposed to having to wait until landing on the platform to tech. This makes it hard for fox to follow with an aerial.

Also for G&W's judgement hammer....
really? that's pretty cool

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I realized last night that "falling through a platform" has an actual animation. You can cancel it instantly into anything, sure, but if you don't cancel it, you won't be able to fall through a platform below that platform, even if you're holding down.

Anyone (Magus?) know if every character has the same length animation for this? There's no real way to test it without AR because of different falling speeds (Jigglypuff can fall through the top platform on Yoshi64 and then drop through the side platforms, but Fox can't because he falls so fast, etc etc).

QERB

Banned via Warnings
Is it only fox's uthrow or is it any upwards sending throw?
Good question, I've only done it against fox's u-throw. It may work against falco's, but I've never done it before myself, so I'm not sure about that.

It also works against mario's d-throw. If you tech as soon as you touch the ground the first time after he throws you, you can tech, instead of waiting for the bounce.

Haven't really done it against anyone else but Fox/Mario, I should test it out more >_>

Lovage

Smash Hero
falco's back jump goes slightly higher than his forward jump (like falcon)

you can see this if u go to flat zone and full jump up to the top platforms. if you jump forward you will barely not make it, if you jump backwards you'll land on it (and with no landing lag)

a lotta characters are prolly like this not just falco and falcon

nkd

Smash Rookie
I believe the game checks if you're in hitstun or not. This only applies to the upper blastline.
Nah that isn't it because I've been in situations where jumping would save me but instead did something else (and attack or special) and died anyway, I think it might have to do with the momentum you have as you pass the blastline, as in if you are not accelerating as you go through it you don't die or something like that.

Top Bottom