• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, hitbox drag interpolates where bone placement was previous frame.E

EDIT: Oh, ST beat me to it. Time to bug him on Skype for his insolence.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Sheik undulates when crouching and can actually be the difference between getting grabbed and not (example, Falcon).

dkuo

Smash Lord
^lol

some characters can attack out of wd oos faster than after letting go of their shield while others can't. however, it's easier for almost everyone to time attacks out of wd oos than dropping shield, especially dsmash/dtilt. if you do dtilt/dsmash too early out of letting go of shield (during the lag of exiting your shield), you'll spotdodge.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Didn't read all 97 pages and I'm not going to unless I get really bored at some point.

Pichu has invincibility on D-smash from frames 7 to 10 of the attack, while frames 7-13 have the hitbox, making the move invincible for 4 of its 7 active frames.

Not sure if it was brought up before, but just saying.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
^ to rehash what lumpy is saying:

Each from of a hitbox lingers into the next frame. This is very clear when looking at peach's forward air. The updated hitbox location follows her hand on each frame, however the hitbox also exists at the previous frame causing her move to have a large amount of priority.

In practical terms, this means that an aerial while moving backwards has more priority than an aerial moving forwards.
That is a nice tidbit of info there actually!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm seriously concerned here for the referral I just got. What exactly did I do that I am listed as whatever an "ICG multi" is?

Also, as long as the top few blocks of Green Greens are kept in tact, all the other ones can be destroyed without new ones falling.

Beat!

Smash Master
ICG is short for "INSANE CARZY GUY", a banned user who attempts to make alt accounts every once in a while. He has this obsession with Pichu.

You don't post anything like him, so don't worry about it too much.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I find it odd that I would be suspected of being an alt account just for mentioning Pichu, besides the fact that I signed up in 2007 while this ICG signed up in 08, but anyway.

Related to the stretching hitbox topic, this is exactly how YYG Deadlines work. When the hitbox is activated, everything on the first active frame is hit in a straight line due to the stretching mechanics.

Not so sure on how Jackets work though

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
ICG is recognisable instantly.

His posts have a million typos and go of on random tangents.
If "typos" means "demonstrations of him being too Great to care about the arbitrary spellings of the languages of mortals", and "random tangents" means "teachings of arcane wisdom that Smashboards is nothing short of blessed to have available", then yes.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
bumping this thread. i'll contribute later (i promise), but class is wrapping up.

also, i think this should be stickied... or remade. i might remake it so i can control the OP

Morin0

Smash Lord
Lovage didn't add the things people posted in the OP. Why would it matter if you were in control of the OP? Unless you plan on doing that then GREAT IDEA.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
Falco's forward b has auto edge cancel on Dreamland if you're in the center of the stage (you have to be in the air, of course)

Battlefield platforms are auto upsmash tipper for marth

Icicle Mountain should be a counterpick stage

Teching the stage while recovering requires nothing more than pressing a tech button part way through your recovery (and DI towards the stage if you anticipate a meteor). There is a 1/3 second opportunity and you can't spam it. If you're Marth, it'll go something like upb+up+L -> bair.

Dropzone knee Sheik at low percentages (around 30 should work); ***** will never see it coming

Falco's recovery sux dix and there is no good reason to consistently let him back on the stage like everyone always does. If he tries to upb down diagnal to the ledge, then smack him out of it and then anticipate an immediate forward b.

Jiggz'z reverse upb ledgegrab extends her reach

Marth down b vs. get up attack (from ledge) almost always results in a counter spike. (Counter vs. ledgehop attack is too good as it is)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Does anyone remember this? The Eye of Providence in Dreamland 64 stage, above the top platform. It's hard to unsee it when you notice it as it kinda "pops out"

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I don't feel like going through 37 pages of info so I apologize if these are already mentioned, but there are two things I think are common knowledge that everyone should know.
1) The one-person match glitch (better for practicing tech than Training because you get to use the C-Stick). How you do it if you don't know is use the Name Entry Glitch with one character in the character select and have the settings on Time mode and time set to None.
2) Pikachu has a great U-throw chainthrow on Spacies, so if you main a Space Animal, don't take a Pikachu to FD unless you know how to deal with him.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh, you can also DI into the ledges on Japes and tech off of them because they jut out above the bigger platform, but Japes is banned now, so good luck using this info anywhere (unless you use the Gentleman's Clause).

Top Bottom