• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You could just message him

>__L

BTW that crew battle was way too good.

Edit: I know

He played some other game with a crew before...Don't exactly remember what. I think a shooting game? Maybe third strike (I used to think it was a shooting game...). The D, E, K, A, and R each stood for a member of the team.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Note though that I really don't care what type of game gets produced, fighter, MMO, strategy, RPG etc, I just want to create GOOD and I mean **** GOOD games. I'm tired of seeing the industry produce **** after ****.
This.

I want to work on game design when I get out of college. I'm getting a math degree and while that places me in some good jobs, every time I imagine my future the only thing that actually sounds like it isn't soul crushing and is actually engaging is game design.

Trouble is, I have no experience at all. I mean, I've thought about game balance and how to improve games A LOT, but other than that, no programming, no graphic design.

I need something future-related to do this summer. I propose we do a summer collaboration and make a small game. Nothing to sell or anything, but something that would get us into a god **** game company and get our foot in the door.

Hell just look at indie developers. They make **** that's good and most indie companies are like 3 people in a basement. We can do that.

In the meantime I will do some solo projects trying to get a handle on how to build a game from the ground up. I.E. level designing for some of my favorite games, mods, etc.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. We could probably do that. The game idea Tony and I made is a fighter, somewhat of an in-between of smash and regular 2df games. We've got the engine ideas down for the most part, and character bases, so we'd just need to make an engine, art, music, then balance it.

A pretty big chunk of work for a summer, but less than starting an idea with no brainstorming behind it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hmmm. We could probably do that. The game idea Tony and I made is a fighter, somewhat of an in-between of smash and regular 2df games. We've got the engine ideas down for the most part, and character bases, so we'd just need to make an engine, art, music, then balance it.

A pretty big chunk of work for a summer, but less than starting an idea with no brainstorming behind it.

to make an engine, art, music.

Bees!

Smash Ace

Hmmm. We could probably do that. The game idea Tony and I made is a fighter, somewhat of an in-between of smash and regular 2df games. We've got the engine ideas down for the most part, and character bases, so we'd just need to make an engine, art,music, then balance it.

to make an engine, art, music.

Oops why didi this double post? No infract please? mistake maybe?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
We actually already have base character designs. I modified an old game idea to fit a fighting game, using the characters I had imagined for it.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Put Sakuya Izayoi in your fighting game =D

and custom combos <3

Edit: the seriousness of the colorado gaming shiez sounds mad interesting.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Somebody should hold a smashfest again. Somebody within 1 hour from my house. I really wanna play.(If my wii worked I would settle for lvl 9 CPUs.)

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Cowboy Bebop Session 7: Heavy Metal Queen

"The crew of the Bebop chase a bounty named Decker, who is running a load of high explosives. A hung-over Spike meets a truck driver named V.T., who hates bounty hunters, but ends up lending him a hand." - from wikipedia list of Cowboy Bebop Episodes

I found it! I remember this episode, do you guys!?!

It's not quite "Dekar", but they sound similar.

Mycon Edit - Leaving now to go to Roman's....if ppl want rides, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Bloshi

Smash Ace

That sounds ******. I will look into the coding for a fighting game and stuff. I think I'll have enough time before summer to learn something rudimentary. Also balancing things is like, my pastime, although the only 2d fighter I have played(seriously) is smash.

Also my sister is applying for art school, maybe she would like to help?????

I will be on AIM more often now if you guys want to discuss anything. This thread is too spammy to maintain a conversation. I'd love to hear about it.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
That sounds ******. I will look into the coding for a fighting game and stuff. I think I'll have enough time before summer to learn something rudimentary. Also balancing things is like, my pastime, although the only 2d fighter I have played(seriously) is smash.

Also my sister is applying for art school, maybe she would like to help?????

I will be on AIM more often now if you guys want to discuss anything. This thread is too spammy to maintain a conversation. I'd love to hear about it.
Blossssshi

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
yeah thats right i have the best sig!
and chunky if you pay attention on aib you will know whats happening! i send out emails all the time!!
and infomation about upcoming tournaments!
and whos kazz? never heard of him before in colorado

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
hey people from the springs, do you know who this beats per minute guy is? hes attending animeland wasabi
also the attendance for it is 7! trying to get some new people there <.< cause i know some of them like anime

the Marronator

Smash Ace
So I guess I'll post a bit about myself, even though I'm technically not in Colorado right now.

I'm currently at St. Olaf in Minnesota majoring in Physics and Music. It's funny, I've always felt like I've know exactly what I've wanted to do, and so far in college that is being reflected. I'm really enjoying both of my majors, although realistically I'll have to pick one before I graduate to pursue, but that is in a looong time. I've never really thought about going into game design, although I do see that I could be a music developer for a game company in the future. It's hard to say though. I'm sure I'll figure out what I want to do by the time of graduation.

I've also always expected the best from myself, even if it is fairly unrealistic. I guess in that way I'm an optimist, although I try to be realistic as well. In high school I ran into problems of doing too many things and expecting to do well in everything I tried. Too unrealistic. My junior year, I tried to do varsity tennis and prepare for a major piano competition, resulting in about 5-6 hours of practice a day all on top of IB classes. Inevitably, my grades dipped which is probably why I got wait listed at stanford and ultimately denied. Oh well. Maybe I'll go there for grad school.

As far as everyone goes, definitely follow your dreams. Try to imagine yourself doing what you love doing most as a job everyday, and test if you can see yourself doing it for a lifetime. Then realize the steps you must take to get there, how much work you must put in, and if it is worth it. If you are not swayed, GO FOR IT. At least that is my advise.

@Ferdi: awesome idea for a post, it's been fun learning about people through their posts.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
sam if u end up buying mvc2, i can teach u all the stuff. Like melee, it has a huge learning curve but you just gotta stick with it. This goes for everyone else who wants to play also

Kazz@

Smash Apprentice
I need work on the Falcon-GaW matchup.

I'd <3 you if you'd play me.

+, I'm a living mindgame.

I'm a kid (obv)

Who plays falcon (Mindgaaaame)

Pink falcon (Double mindgaaaaaame)

I'm so innocent that I trick people into dropping their skill level, then I crush them.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Top Bottom