• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
(This branches out to everyone else too. Sigs, posters, avatars? At the very least, I need Colorado to look good. Don't let another thing like Dylan's posters happen again. Please.)

My sig is really good. I created it myself and I've stuck with it for many many years now. I think it's pretty good, but I could do better. Still, so many people copied it, despite mine being original. :(

Oh well, I guess us artists gotta stick together, huh? Ha ha ha!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Interesting stuff Ferdi, I didn't know you were into game design.

As for school, I've had a rather chaotic time through it. I originally went to Digipen in Washington to make games. I was under the impression it was for design, but found out that the school largely focused on programming with a light brush with art, design, and the other aspects of a game. I also discovered that I hated programming. I don't know how people can love it, and do it for 14 hours a day.

After a year at Digipen, I stayed in Washington, and ended up working as a game tester at Nintendo. That was fun, and eventually I started taking some classes at community college there, to focus on writing. I wanted to improve my writing and knowledge so I could write stories and design video games.

Here in Colorado, I've been going to school to get an English major with a focus on Creative Writing. I have a story I want to make into a series of novels, and about 5 game ideas bouncing around in my head that I putz around with every now and then. Eventually I'd like to get my novel series complete, and create the mmorpg I thought up to follow it up. My roommates in Washington and I got partway through starting a game company once, but relocations caused the idea to be scrapped.

I've been trying to decide on a minor, since it never hurts to have a backup option. Psychology is incredibly useful in game design and writing, whereas IT is a field that always needs more people. Whatever the case, I would suggest people take as many different courses as possible in college. A professor of mine once said "specialization is for cells", and I realize now how right he was. Broadening your horizons can only help you in life.

And yes, I'd love to have roommates that I'm friends with again. It's one of the things I miss most about Washington.
Oh yeah I'm all about the videogames, I don't think many people know but I dropped high school cause I was playing DotA till way late then I'd just sleep past high school killing my attendance, dropped out 2 weeks before graduation. Got my GED like the day after I dropped out though.

Anyways, novels and an MMO to wrap it all up? Sounds good, and there have been numerous times where that actually works, although to my knowledge most novels like that start out AS a videogame, then expands on the story making the novels canon. For example, warcraft, halo, starcraft, rainbow 6, resident evil, etc.

You also wrote that your roommates halfway started a game company, just wondering but how many people were in the initial planning stage before the relocation issue?

Well, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what I've been doing, since I do nothing but talk, buuuuut:

Foreign languages, mainly Spanish y Japones, buuuuuut Imma be lookin' to branch out once I have those done. Looking to get into translation/interpretation/foreign relations, so much later down the road, I could be useful for trying to score a company business (or contracts) from overseas.

Also, I do that artstuff, wanted to go into character design when I was younger, then I realized that it nets no $$$

izzyinfamous.deviantart.com

That stuff's old, but gives you a really really basic idea.

Aaaand I can do sumdat muzak/playtesting.

Getting Ferdi in on the Smash House would be ultimate sex. Like, seriously.

Ferdi, when are you lookin' to move out? We're gettin' a place pretty soon. I'd be down to have you as a roommate, for sure. Pretty much everyone you mentioned would make a tight roommate, tho.

EDIT: Also, didn't realize that you were into programming. Berry nice.

Tim and I have been thinking about a fighting game for a while. Biggest reason it flopped is a combination of laziness+no one that likes to code. If you don't mind, then maybe we could get Bees on for sumdat muzak, and if Meno can do sprites, he can take whatever character designs I do and... spritize them? At the worst, maybe he'd be up to do the menu(o) graphics?

We have a good deal of things figured out, we just need to figure out each character, and actually start to work on this thing.
Those are definitely good languages to have, maybe if I wasn't so lazy I'd have paid attention during Spanish. Thinking about this from a game company's perspective, having a foreign language translator for localization and overseas operations would definitely be a plus!

Moving out isn't on top on my priorities list BUT I would definitely love to get out of this house. Unfortunately I wont be able to move out as quick as I want to because I HAVE to take my siblings to/from school as well as take them to their afterschool activities, once my sister gets old enough to drive is probably when I can be more free to do stuff. She's like 13 and a half.

And yeah, a fighting game would be awesome. I'm totally into games that are really competitive, and a fighter is the epitome of that. Also, I would absolutely not mind having more people for this, bees music and meno designs like you wrote.

Since you also talked about spriting, I assume this would be a 2D fighter? Which is fine, considering most good fighters are 2D. 3rd strike has some of the most amazing spriting job possible, Makoto's STANDING animation for example contains over 50 frames and her clothing and movement is just so fluid! If we're looking for Oomph factor spriting though I don't think any fighter can top GGXXAC.

Note though that I really don't care what type of game gets produced, fighter, MMO, strategy, RPG etc, I just want to create GOOD and I mean **** GOOD games. I'm tired of seeing the industry produce **** after ****.

Im currently going to front range in fort collins, taking my basic classes for a few years
Then im going to transfer over to UNC in greely
Cause i want to major in business, accounting
I still dont know what i want for my minor yet
Business seems to be a very common major up in this piece. I don't know much about accounting aside from it makes bank and there's a lot of math involved. Actually, my business teacher is an accountant and she has like 4 houses and is a company manager and that's ridiculous in the sense that its quite amazing to have that much stuff. If maybe you could elaborate more on this Dave? I'm just trying to see what it's all about. Maybe you're thinking about entrepreneurship and managing your own business?

Myself, I'm currently going for my Communications Major. Going to a local community college right now, but gonna move to a college for the final 2 years on my Major... in two years, hahaha. Unless I graduate early (seeing how plausible it is.) Might also minor in Business and/or Economics.

Communications is a very very wide range of things when it comes to jobs, from media (i.e. Radio), companies (i.e. sales), education, and other things that were less than interesting. Though in reality, communications, along with either/both Business or Econ, is all a part of much a bigger plan I have for myself and my future. It's not a secret, but it's not something I think everyone super cares to hear about.

I remember about Tony and Tim's idea for their fighter. It was interesting, and it's something I would've liked to see more in practice. Maybe something will start getting off the ground now, ya? :D

Yay for Ferdi and Tim writing! (Code and Novels respectively)
Boo for Tony and his stupid Clap x N picture >_< (Love you Tony) F'real though, it's been forever seen I've seen you draw anything. Glad you had a DA for me to stare at :D
I only now realize how massive communications is! I listen to morning radio talk shows all the time. See the news every now and then, and its just crazy how basically the media is COMPLETELY all about communicating. It only hit home once I started to think about it hah!

well I went in to college kinda having a faint idea of what i wanted to do. So i started taking core classes first instead of focusing on my major which is something that i recommend if you guys have no idea what to major in. At first i decided to major in math so i could become a math teacher. After taking calculus, i was like, hmmm maybe this isn't gonna work out too well. So recently I changed my major to anthropology which is the study of humanity. Anthropology has 4 different branches and i will probably focus on cultural. I though it was interesting because i took some classes about anthropology and after finding out math wasn't for me, it was the next best alternative. Honestly I really hate college/school in general but i know getting a bachelor degree will help in the long run regardless of what it is. So i'm really focusing on finishing college. As one of my 8th grade teachers told me, you don't need a degree to make good money now, what a degree does is helps you years down the road when you are older. I still do wanna become a teacher though because i think that would be cool and i'd be the best teacher ever. I'm not doing it for the money either cause everyone knows teachers get paid **** unless you are a college professor which requires you to get a masters/phd. As for a minor, i was thinking about psychology/philosophy/ethnic studies.

On the subject of moving in, it would be nice and all, but as of right now it probably wouldn't be a good decision on my part. I still currently have no job since i got let go at target because i was hired for a seasonal position. I have a lot of money saved up but living with my parents is just alot cheaper.

so i take it you found a job now tony to afford a place?
We talked about your major before but what kinda jobs it entail? And yeah, I'm with you on that really hating school thing, I mean I just think its boring BUT im going to be taking my CIS classes next session which is in april so I basically start my major classes after just 2 months. Learning to program with C# actually got me excited about school and education in general! I couldn't believe it myself.

For my major I am doing a Bachelor in Music. I am going to try to pick up as much knowledge on Music Theory and composition as I can. I plan on taking some core classes to figure out my minor (Probably programming or something.) I am either going to take my basics at PPCC in the Springs and then transfer to UNC or just go straight to UNC for my Basics in a BM(Bachelor is Music). Most likely I will be attending UNC in the fall as I have heard that BM basics are 2 years of Music Theory. Personally I would like to take those classes elsewhere than PPCC. Simply because these basics are extremely crucial to my degree(Unlike CS degree needing World History? Ethics? Jedi History? ect.) and I would want to have a increased (even if a little) knowledge and quality of learning.
If all goes as planned I want to be a music composer for anything at first(*come eat at Captain Dees Please*) But ultimately I would like to compose music(Epic Cinematic Scores FTW!) for a video game company. Or perhaps a movie company.
I've ALWAYS, wanted to make music, I listen to so much music varieties and it is just such a great method of expression. I really cannot put in words how much a music score adds to something.

Now by epic cinematic scores you talking more about dramatic/climactic songs usually accompanied by greek chanting like requiem for a dream stuff? Cause I think there are all kinds of epics but I guess that's the one you're talking about?

This Phoenix Wright Turnabout Jazz Soul for instance sounds absolutely epic to me, the mickey mouse song used in disneyland's Fantasmic was epic, ten wo tsuke from TTGL OST is epic, you know what, every song is epic and adds depth to an event.

I'll type more later when I get back home, but my program that I'm enrolled in and plan on complete is the Bachelors of Innovation in Game Design and Development. Breaking it down, it's mostly a Computer Science Major and a Minor in Business.
Neat. Seems like quite a few of us pursue a career in the design and development of videogames.

for the record, everytime i typed math, i kept on typing marth
ITS OVERRRR

I main Art in college.

Officially, or at least soon to be once I get accepted into the program, I'm an art major with a concentration in visual communication design, with a double emphasis in graphic design and photography.

I like logos, posters, fonts, and taking photos. I really like typography and Photoshop - and the great thing is, I'm actually pretty okay at all of it. Right now though, as a freshman, I haven't specifically been accepted into the art department here at UNC - we have to go through a portfolio review process after taking several "Foundation Art" classes, such as drawing and art history.

I really like the process though, since I'm getting exposed to a lot of subjects I normally wouldn't have touched. I can actually draw now. I'm considering having a second concentration in art history. I know about and can replicate and render details about sfumato, tenebrism, chiaroscuro, gestalt theory, color theory, blah blah blah. And I haven't even finished my first year. I base my life on doing what makes me happy and what excites me, and that's why I'm here.

So yea, Ferdi, Tony, I would totally jump at any chance to do some visual work. Especially with you guys. I love this ****. I have no idea how sprites work though. ...yet, at least.

(This branches out to everyone else too. Sigs, posters, avatars? At the very least, I need Colorado to look good. Don't let another thing like Dylan's posters happen again. Please.)

I love these posts. I had no idea about a lot of you.
Art is so hard. I mean it. It really takes a creative person to be able to draw something fresh and innovative. Stuff like posters, game characters, and even anime/manga can be truly awesome and it all ties in together with the concept art.

Final Fantasy for example became the monster gaming RPG it is now starting simply with awesome sprites and a strong story. And to think it was designed to be Square's literal Final Fantasy. Akira, a graphical masterpiece, was inspired by a poster it's author saw. He felt such a strong feeling towards this poster, he said it was something he's never seen before, the way details and the picture really shoot out to you was something he wanted to recreate.

I love the stuff you put out so far meno, do you have a digital portfolio? I know you've done gifs as well and i really like your organization style, the way your current sig flows for instance, the blend of colors, the use of space. I'm asking to see a digital portfolio because you use Photoshop. I doubt many of us really know how to utilize that powerful graphic tool so I wanted to see your more digital side, even if it's used simply to touch up a photo for instance, I want to see more of those capabilities.

Yo, this is MaguS!
And i'm here to lay down some sick *** ****; and even if you don't read it- it's still sick.

Well, I know i've kind of been off and on for the past couple o' years but I feel i've gotten to know most of the melee smashers and some brawlers pretty well- but I don't really know if any of them know anything about me lolol.

So i've been goin to Front Range CC for about 2 years now ((only taking a couple of classes at a time cus that's how i can afford it without t3h loans sauce))I've completed a many of classes which are mainly Philosophy, psychology and English...which are all incredibly interesting and awesome subjects-However. even though these are all awesome and stuff none of these subjects could I ever make a career out of. . Plus, recently, due to my ignorance, I got put on academic suspension because I withdrew from some classes that I didn't feel I was putting enough effort into to pass. So, now, instead of taking out loans and going to school and not trying hard enough like I had-i'm taking a good break to kind of put things in perspective.

I love games, and everything they bring to the table. Games bring pain, joy, competition, fantasy, love, laughs...etc could go on forever; and then compact them into devices, boards, books.......... ya. But, some of the best things about games- they really help educate you whether bad or good. Some games teach you that stealing cars and poppin hookers etc. is awesome; while others teach you that you should rely on your friends because they care about you and you should care about them. Whatever the case is games are generally a good thing and, the way I see it, games are the future.

So, where does that leave me? I sure as hell don't like coding (tried that in highschool-my teacher RULLY helped) I love getting into leagues and going to tournaments etc. But, I swear, if it was my job to get good at a game so that I could get paid or w/e etc; well, I just can't do it. I'll improve at games that I really enjoy- i'll put the time and effort to be a worthwhile opponent. But, i've always felt that i'm just a support character. A strong ally, fast learner-but not ever the best. And i'm totally fine with that- but that also leaves the whole traveling and being a super ****** leet pro gamer option out.

Well, i'm here to tell you- that you can buy a shamwow for only FIVE EASY payments of 5.95 just pay shipping and handling.

I guess what I really want to do, is represent the best there is even if i'm NOT the best there is. Does that make sense? It does to me.

Well, anyways, so that being said; I can hold a job, I have a car a bank account with teh munnies that i've earned. I have a amazing work ethic and the ability to get along with anyone that I meet, even if I think they're a raging ****. I could probably convince anyone of anything if I really had to-which might or might not be a good thing(I tend to not use manipulation for personal gain, but you never know when i'll want that smokin hot ferari for the price of on the house) Anyways, I guess I could just say i'm reliable- but hey everyone makes mistakes, like brittney spears parents.

Guess what i'm really getting at is-I would really really really really really like to move out of the current domicile, and move in with some competant, trustworthy guys with really awesome ideas and generally ****** personalities. Also, when the future company that is created, i'd love to represent and contribute as much as possible to it...

Oh, also, i'm working on a real-time strategy card game that I have been for about a year with a buddy- when we get a base set made and have our rules down to where any normal person could comprehend, i'd love for some people to test it out.

Umm so ya, 2 centss??
oh did I mention i'm pretty good at everything, just not the best.

sex edit: We have all the required types of people and skills to start even a basic future project. Cus it all starts with paper and words oh and really good ideas.
Sometimes taking a break out of it all is the best thing to do, I didn't even start college or really even wanted to after I got my GED. I thought it was good enough to think that I can live my life working at McDonalds forever or something and somewhat getting by. Then after that break it just hit me full force that I don't have to live like that, I can do what I really want I just have to really get down and focus. And really, videogames is just that, its my passion, and its what I want to get into.

And yeah, having awesome work ethic is definitely a good thing. There are so many people out there who are just lazy, myself included, and kinda sit around not landing jobs or really doing anything. I procrastinate too much but hey, I work well under pressure.

Show us when you got that game setup, TCGs to be honest are kinda dying down aside from the already established powerhouses like MTG and YGO I don't know what could be done to bring one up honestly. But even having something like that is proof of determination and reliability towards your goal and is definitely admirable.

-----------------------

Wow what a wall of text this is. Still it was a good opportunity to learn more about your friendly neighborhood smashers the Colorado scene. I was somewhat skeptical at first when I posted that question but now I'm glad I did.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
College o.O'....oh, and Smash Tomorrow?

Hmm...well, currently I am not in school as many people in the smash scene already know. I was in school for a year and a half at the University of Chicago where I was double majoring in Mathematics and Philosophy and was looking to minor in something(econ, physics, and sociology were the contenders). Throughout most of high school I really liked programming and CS and thought I'd go into video game programming in college. In contrast to Yang's experience, Calculus was when I really took a liking to math. The philosophy and my minor pursuits, like Ryyudo, play into a bigger picture that nobody here is really interested in. As far as gaming is concerned, my main mathematical/economic interests are in game theory and combinatorial game theory(games like chess, go, tic-tac-toe o.O). I also know some programming in the languages Java, C++, and Visual Basic , although admittedly it's been a while since I've written code.

Yang - Cultural Anthro is t3h best, let me know when you start learning about Structuralism.

Anyone want to smash tomorrow?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
K, Dave for you.

Only took forever.

And lol Ferdi.

In the good way though. I really had no idea so much was going on with you; I always kept you as that guy that ***** everyone in everything, but polity shakes your hand and holds the doors open once the controllers down - and really nothing more. You're a cool guy Ferdi. :)

I really haven't done anything serious - no, that's a lie. I really got going in graphic design in high school. As photo editor for the online newspaper, I was in charge of 90% the photos and illustrations. For the year I was heading that department, that website was gorgeous. It's crap now though. :p

http://www.tjjournal.com/index.php?s=manny+perez

I also have my little closed sig shop here on SWF.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236904

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
My schooling career has been nothing short of a fiasco. I had every possible advantage: funding for higher education, stable home life, caring family members, even natural intellect. The only obstacle preventing me from success was myself.

I guess never really understood that school was for me and not the people around me, and when I started getting old enough to think for myself, I quickly rebelled. In order to properly display to what extent I was sabotaging myself... I haven't gone a semester since 6th grade where I did not fail at least one class. If it was possible to fail out of middle school I would have been the first. I think I had three F's at the end of 8th grade, but most likely because of test scores, I was allowed into high school where I promptly did nothing for four years. The only paper I wrote over the entire span of those years was a fiction story which I reused in three different English classes to get three A's.

When I realized that I would be the only person in my family to not graduate from high school for the past who knows how many generations, I was too embarrassed to fail. In the end, I scraped by with a GPA of something around 1.3.

The sick part is I was somehow proud through all this, yet when my grades were in my face, I couldn't bare to look. I was practically mentally ill, or in laments terms, a crazy person.

BUT! (skip here for real question and no boring story)

I'm finally starting to grow up. I've resolved some things and I'm almost ready to pursue something I like. Been going to community college for three semesters now, and although the only class I've really taken half seriously is Japanese, I'm going to move on and finally do something with this piece of **** life. When I finally decide on something to do, and if I'm passionate about said subject, I have no doubt in my mind that I will be very successful.

The moving in idea is cool to me, /approve. Honestly I have not been very accessible as a person (basically a stone wall with a rude attitude) so I'm surprised as well as honored to have been put on that list. Yet, I think I need a bit more time before I can truly commit to something like that. I hope the offer is still there when I'm prepared. Also something like this needs extensive planning; if not very well thought out, I'm positive we would be living back in our homes within two months of moving out.

I can smash tomorrow! I revived my phone from being dead after a week to see you (Kenny) had sent me three different texts about smash. I'm kind of bad with me phone...

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
I'm really glad people are taking the time to post this stuff, honestly...it's touching /tear

Hey Ferdi, so like I started Iccup again I guess, you should train with me and watch some replays I saved for some random ideas. I think i'm keeping up fairly well, but i'm still in D bracket so it's hard to tell. My apm is like 150 omg it's disgusting.

but, ya, my name is ChoZo on iccup Ferdi, lemme know.

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
holy crap meno thats awesome!!!

Business seems to be a very common major up in this piece. I don't know much about accounting aside from it makes bank and there's a lot of math involved. Actually, my business teacher is an accountant and she has like 4 houses and is a company manager and that's ridiculous in the sense that its quite amazing to have that much stuff. If maybe you could elaborate more on this Dave? I'm just trying to see what it's all about. Maybe you're thinking about entrepreneurship and managing your own business?
well i dont really wanna start my own business, just be an accountant for a major business really, balancing checks and such, or possibly get an accountant job at my dads company, i dont know much right know since im taking my first accountant class this semester, so im learning more and more

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
I'm really impressed by Ferdi's passion. It seems if Colorado wanted to make a game company, I'm sure it would be great! I'm not sure if anyone, and I mean anyone...well besides Kenny, if he remembered that is. That I've been living on my own since I was 16, my step mother basically ****ed me over. So with no family, my mother is dead, step mother basically kicked me out cause she could not financially take care of my sister and I. I was not able to finish High School. I've moved 6 times since I was 16, I kept going and trying to finish school. But after many failed attempts, I basically had to put all my efforts into finding a stable income and housing. Now I am very thankful for what I have now, I worked my *** off for these past years. Though as of now, I lost my job, things are going decent. Anyways, back to my schooling... I wanted to do video game design. When Tim mentioned DigiPen, it threw me back! That was the school I wanted to go to when I was younger. However, my interests have changed. I love video editing! I've also been drawing for about half my life, everyone says I should be come a artist. But, I hate my art, I am never satisfied with it. So I found a half way point, between editing and art. I love fashion, art and just the whole attitude of it all. This might freak people out, but I want to be a Hair Stylist. <_<//
The school I want is about 20k, for the whole course. I've already been accepted and all that, but the thign is money. All I can do is build credit, blah blah blah. Yup...that is my plan. Though I don't know how I can contribute to this gaming company idea,...if you have a idea let me know!

Edit: I can smash too!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Super tight posts. If this was a separate thread and we had a ratings system, I'd give it the full 5. Or a thumbs up. Whatever.

This is a huge post. I would recommend just skimming it until you see your name, but if you're bored, go ahead.

Yay for Ferdi and Tim writing! (Code and Novels respectively)
Boo for Tony and his stupid Clap x N picture >_< (Love you Tony) F'real though, it's been forever seen I've seen you draw anything. Glad you had a DA for me to stare at :D
I didn't even know how to clap loop properly when I drew it, either.

I have some stuff layin' around. I can't find my stylus/usb, or I'd still be puttin' stuff up. :(

so i take it you found a job now tony to afford a place?
Still looking, but I'm lowering my standards a bit. Worst-case scenario, I can snag a foodservice position and hate my life until I upgrade to a better job.

well tony i see you suggested we have a tournment before wasabi
well theres that LAN party thing in colorado springs Feb 20 if we wanna do it there
That might be tight.

Unfortunately I found some of this out
There are a bunch if people in The Springs. Most have not been on since last June or so :/
Also the only girl I met so far that actually takes interest in getting better at the game is my sister. We have a few girls that show up to our smashfests(they are really cool) they just don't have interest in getting better at the game. :/
Any of them cute+legal?

lololol

sick **** was laid

Well, i'm here to tell you- that you can buy a shamwow for only FIVE EASY payments of 5.95 just pay shipping and handling.

I guess what I really want to do, is represent the best there is even if i'm NOT the best there is. Does that make sense? It does to me.

Oh, also, i'm working on a real-time strategy card game that I have been for about a year with a buddy- when we get a base set made and have our rules down to where any normal person could comprehend, i'd love for some people to test it out.
Only five payments? FFffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Makes sense, but you're from CO, and you have potential. You can definitely **** people.

Still, good attitude. Definitely prevents frustration.

I'll test it at least once.

Screw your guys' colleges, I wanna make a smash band dammit

Meno, you could make a moblin sig for me any time you want. I tried to get Zaj to draw one on paper, but he hates moblins.... I'll trade you some AV cables
What song should we practice, then? Just to get a feel for everyone's level/ability to play in a band/etc.

CU, Mines, Gonzaga, or University of Montana yo
Eww, don't go to Montana.

Mines is really really really good, if you're into Engineering. But (and I know you've prolly heard this), it eats students ALIVE. I've seen so many kids go into there and drop out in under a semester. Only go if you have a super SRSLY passion, and have awesome work ethic. No joke, you'll prolly hafta drop games completely your first two years. I don't mean tournaments. I mean completely. The workloads are that big.

But if you graduate from there, you're pretty much guaranteed jobs.

K, Dave for you.

Only took forever.

WTF?

That sig raaaaaaapes. SO HARD!

I want one now. Sorry, Dave, but I can no longer get you insulted while trolling. :(

Lotta heavy stuff that I didn't expect.

The moving in idea is cool to me, /approve. Honestly I have not been very accessible as a person (basically a stone wall with a rude attitude) so I'm surprised as well as honored to have been put on that list. Yet, I think I need a bit more time before I can truly commit to something like that. I hope the offer is still there when I'm prepared. Also something like this needs extensive planning; if not very well thought out, I'm positive we would be living back in our homes within two months of moving out.

I can smash tomorrow! I revived my phone from being dead after a week to see you (Kenny) had sent me three different texts about smash. I'm kind of bad with me phone...
Once people get to know you, though, they almost always get along with you. Hell, even Steve liked you after AZ One Two, and I thought that he was gonna smother you in your sleep the first day.

I kinda have the same background as you, sans $$$. ****** around in HS cuz it was boring, came out with a GPA of 1.7 (woulda been lower, but took 12 classes online in the last year, 4 irl, and managed a 4.0, soooo I got lucky). CCA---->Higher Level college, etc. Kinda sick of screwing around, getting to that point where I'm willing to buckle down. Debt does that to people, methinks.

But uhhh, yeah, we should definitely organize this "Smash House" as best as possible.

Obviously, it'll be open for trusted members of our community pretty much all the time. I mean, we might have a night once-in-awhile where people are just burnt out/want a break/want to do something else/work, buuuut other than that, I'm pretty sure Tim/Me/Kenny/Sam?/Whoever else would be cool with people like Yang, Jamz, Ferdi, etc coming over whenever, crashing there, etc.

Long as we have food in the fridge and the place isn't a mess, I'm cool. We should probably also have some sort of area where people can actually study, since I dun want my life to become sidetracked by the awesomeness of where I live.

This thing is getting pretty huge, though. Who all is completely serious about this? So far, we have:

Tim
Kenny
Sam
Me
Mike?

Dude, UTD Zac just invaded the thread he's "scurred" of.

And that is an insane sig. Second only to John!'s I think

:link:
He's scurred of Colorado, not our thread.

lotsa stuff

But, I hate my art, I am never satisfied with it. So I found a half way point, between editing and art. I love fashion, art and just the whole attitude of it all. This might freak people out, but I want to be a Hair Stylist. <_<//
The school I want is about 20k, for the whole course. I've already been accepted and all that, but the thign is money. All I can do is build credit, blah blah blah. Yup...that is my plan. Though I don't know how I can contribute to this gaming company idea,...if you have a idea let me know!

Edit: I can smash too!
I can help with art. As it is with pretty much everything, I'm significantly better at critiquing and teaching people how to fix whatever than I am at the subject. Not that I'm terrible at art, buuut I still have a very long way to go.

I thought about being a hair stylist. Someone who had been doing it for 30+ years even recommended it to me. Instead, I went the bartender route, and learned afterward that bars prefer hiring chicks with teh boobz/bodies, and kinda despise anyone from trade schools. Really gay.

Make sure to investigate your school as best as possible, too. I thought mine was good, and then they packed up and flewwww awaaaaaay when I needed them most. =/

EDIT:

FERDIIIIIIII

I didn't know you dropped outta HS. Hell, I didn't even know your grades were suffering that much. Very cool that you just took care of what you needed to and kept goin'.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh, and Roman, we can definitely use a video editor. If only for our tightass videos. I'll get atcha for our Melee combo vid.

AAAAAAAND I KEEP FORGETTING TO MENTION

I'm a pretty fantastic writer/editor. Get at me if we need that stuff.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Oh, and Roman, we can definitely use a video editor. If only for our tightass videos. I'll get atcha for our Melee combo vid.

AAAAAAAND I KEEP FORGETTING TO MENTION

I'm a pretty fantastic writer/editor. Get at me if we need that stuff.
Yah, I've been wanting to mess around with a combo vid for awhile, just need to record!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Better writer/editor right here! Oh Snap!

Meno, make me a moving sig! I trust your artistic visions! I'll give you a mcgangbang for one!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ohnoyoudidn't.

You might be, tho. It's been too long since I've actually written. I'd trust you to know more about the actual mechanics, since I finished my English credits back @ CCA.

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
yeah i think we should do a tournament in the springs on the 20th, since their already doing their lan party thing
also who is able and wants to go to kansas march 13-14th for no koastv3!? should be huge and its only a 7 hour drive from denver, so let me know if you wanna come, and bonus its during spring break probably and if we can get a car of like 4 the cost will be under 100!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so I stole Moblin's phone the other day, called his girlfriend's cell phone, and left a message about Moblin being busy having buttsecks. He went to a concert with her yesterday and in the car on the ride home, his girlfriend's mom brought up how she got a message on the home phone about how Moblin was busy having sex with another girl.

I called and left a message on their homephone, NOT his girlfriend's cell phone.

lulz were had

also moblin swing dances.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sigs for McGangbangs... this sounds acceptable.

I'mma also go to the Springs on the 20th and No Koast. :D

Bees!

Smash Ace
Sigs for McGangbangs... this sounds acceptable.

I'mma also go to the Springs on the 20th and No Koast. :D
OMG OMG OMG! We must have a Robot x Peach gropage moment!!! Also many fun games to be had! Also someone needs to do Narcolepsy-for-alls with me sometime. 3 Stock, Pirate Ship, Jigglypuff Only!
Also I probably can't go to No Koast :(
Since I am starting this job I can't be taking off a lot. I will see how my schedule and wallet look though. But most likely its a No to No Koast(See what I did there? :()

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Dekar....and smash today...

Wasn't Dekar one of the bounties they were after in Cowboy Bebop? The name rings a bell and that's where I think it's from. Anyone actually know where he got that name?

So, Roman, it's been about an hour, are we smashing at your place today?

Steam

Smash Hero
no way you'll see me at an OOS tourney til college.

**** sig you made Meno, I don't want you to make me a sig because then my posts will be less subtle

Bees!

Smash Ace
Wasn't Dekar one of the bounties they were after in Cowboy Bebop? The name rings a bell and that's where I think it's from. Anyone actually know where he got that name?

Maybe if we post his name a bunch of times he will name search and come here and tell us.
Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR Dekar dekar DEKAR dEKAR. Where did you get your name from?

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet

Yeah sorry, come in about 15 mins!

Top Bottom