• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5384863&postcount=1151

Waba's Brawl Singles Results 9/20/08
Date: Sep. 20th
Entry Fee: $10
Entrants: 21

1. Desu (King Dedede)
2. BigLu (Luigi)
3. Full Metal (Marth)
4. Dynomite (Meta Knight/Marth)
5. VietGeek (Marth/Toon Link)
5. Galaxy (Meta Knight)
7. Xio (Toon Link)
7. Antic (Kirby/ROB/Dedede)

And as cool as it would be to have Toon Link get two fifth place finishes in the last three weeks, that would be kinda unfair. :-/
No worries, VietGeek and Xio got this. lol

BigLøu

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5384863&postcount=1151

Waba's Brawl Singles Results 9/20/08
Date: Sep. 20th
Entry Fee: $10
Entrants: 21

1. Desu (King Dedede)
2. BigLou (Luigi)
3. Full Metal (Marth)
4. Dynomite (Meta Knight/Marth)
5. VietGeek (Marth/Toon Link)
5. Galaxy (Meta Knight)
7. Xio (Toon Link)
7. Antic (Kirby/ROB/Dedede)

No worries, VietGeek and Xio got this. lol
For the record i only used falco 1 game total. I used luigi the entire time other then 1 game so put only luigi.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
BigLu is my new inspriration (sorry boss8), i've seen him getting close, or winning quite a few tourneys now with Luigi :D. Any vids of him?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
No MK! Woohoo!!!
Yeah, no one in the WC plays Metaknight except for maybe Sean. Hahah.

I hope this won't be like Melee where east coast foxes were on a whole different level than everyone else in the country. Lots of MK players in EC.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey ankoku, at what point will Sheik and Zelda be combined into one character aka Sheik/Zelda? Two ranks above both Sheik or Zelda? three? Will it ever happen? What will it take for people to realize that, as a character overall, Sheik/Zelda is better than either used completely alone?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Oh wow, olimar isnt in c rank anymore.

Dammit, I thought Our goal was to get him in D rank/low tier Dan D:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Not hard to do considering there were 16 entrants. Both sonics only placed above 9 people. Top 3 seem **** though.

DSF plays metaknight and hes from the west coast...
Makes sense since if it were larger, he ahs a higher chance of running into MK's and Wario's because the change in the number of sonic users doesn't increase along with the nubmer of entrants to a significant degree.

tl;dr: Lucky sonic is lucky.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh wow, olimar isnt in c rank anymore.

Dammit, I thought Our goal was to get him in D rank/low tier Dan D:
You can't fight fate my friend.

*gets an idea*

I bet I could skew these results... Just give me 1 grand and some of M2k's precious videos I'll convince every Olimainer to switch over to MK for two weeks! They'll be hooked forever! bwahahaha!

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
You can't fight fate my friend.

*gets an idea*

I bet I could skew these results... Just give me 1 grand and some of M2k's precious videos I'll convince every Olimainer to switch over to MK for two weeks! They'll be hooked forever! bwahahaha!
Good luck trying to convince me. :)

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, no one in the WC plays Metaknight except for maybe Sean. Hahah.

I hope this won't be like Melee where east coast foxes were on a whole different level than everyone else in the country. Lots of MK players in EC.
Yeah, East coasters are tier whores in all aspects of life, smash bros, professional sports, etc... (joke)

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
I'm about to host a 15-40 person tournament at a local game store near the college I host tournaments at, I'll let you guys know how that goes, it'll be this upcoming sunday. The results will be posted on a facebook group since that's how my members communicate.

cman

Smash Ace
Yeah, East coasters are tier whores in all aspects of life, smash bros, professional sports, etc... (joke)
To be honest, this is a pretty interesting point. I don't know about the west coast, but i have lived in the north, midwest, and west, and nowhere ranks close to the competativeness I see on the East Coast. For example, in school, if someone took less than 4 aps, recieved lower than like a 2k on the sats, and lacks sports letters/eagle scout, etc, then they are seriously behind the curve for college admissions. Societal study is in order perhaps?

tldr: A lot of pressure is put on people in the east coast to succeed, far beyond what i have seen in the other areas i have lived.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
most crowded region in the US also

more people, greater pool, talented people are more concentrated

EC pretty much always dominates at everything

which is why it's so satisfying when a wc smasher does well on them xD

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, this is a pretty interesting point. I don't know about the west coast, but i have lived in the north, midwest, and west, and nowhere ranks close to the competativeness I see on the East Coast. For example, in school, if someone took less than 4 aps, recieved lower than like a 2k on the sats, and lacks sports letters/eagle scout, etc, then they are seriously behind the curve for college admissions. Societal study is in order perhaps?

tldr: A lot of pressure is put on people in the east coast to succeed, far beyond what i have seen in the other areas i have lived.
Sounds the same as Silicon Valley. (In other words: The Asians)

Browny

Smash Hater
StreetGeek Pirate Lan 08.09, 19th September 2008
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102383&page=8

no entry fee, venue fee was $9. Overall console tournament 1st prize payout equivalent of $55 (an R4DS)

Brawl singles, 18 entrants
1 DJBrowny - Lucario/Sonic/Snake
2 Kaeser - Wolf
3 Capt - Dedede
4 Jamage - G&W
5 Black - Zelda
6 Flip - Captain Falcon
7 Aisuka - Pikachu
8 ??? - Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom