• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He doesn't need to restate what i said...

Advantages:
CG
Better camping
Better comboing
Better speed
Better edgeguarding

Disadvantages:
Worse Spacing
Worse Killing (doesn't everybody?)

Pros definitely outweigh the cons...it HAS to be 60:40 AT LEAST

gallax

Smash Hero
i know what you said fool. people coming in and just saying i agree isn't helpful other than if its someone like prime or stealth or you or klo. ive never heard of this guy. im not gonna assume he knows what hes talking about just because he agrees with someone.

and no more debate on this for the next day. give me a chance to do something then ill be back on it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I honestly don't care what the numbers are. They're not gonna change the matchup any, soooo if people insist on 60:40, it's whatever.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Gallax everything was said about the matchup already. Ive played the matchup a few times. Im nowhere near anther or ESAM's level and u prolly never heard of me but does that really matter? We have better camping game. Can combo DDD with upair. Can edgeguard him (providing hes far enough that he needs to upB he will always eat a thunder). Faster attacks. Have a chain grab on him. Cannot be Chain grabbed by him. Altho his back throw deals a ridiculous 16 damage and we can be tech chased...He has the advantage getting the kill and has better spacing with back air, ftilt and his stupid shield grab and general range. But thats about it. We definetely have the advantage. Any pika suggesting otherwise is not playing the matchup gay enough or doesnt know how to play the matchup to begin with.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
We definetely have the advantage. Any pika suggesting otherwise is not playing the matchup gay enough or doesnt know how to play the matchup to begin with.
No one said we don't have the advantage, lol. We're arguing over the difference between 55:45 and 60:40, which is just plain ********, imo.

ESAM, your 65:35 doesn't count because.... that's just ridiculous.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
*rollsonfloorlaughing*

ESAM, I may have missed it in the hugeness of your text. But why is Pika:Ike 65:35 in your opinion?
Lol, I know, that was a funny joke, right?

Anyway, lemme predict what ESAM'll say:
We can CG Ike!
We can camp Ike!
Ike is slow!
Ike has a bad recovery!

Calling it right now.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
ESAM, your 65:35 doesn't count because.... that's just ridiculous.
The funny thing is, that ridiculous number... is what the D3 boards have for the matchup. :laugh:

Anyway, Pikachu might be able to kill as early as D3, with the U-tilt/U-smash to thunder setup. Does anyone know a rough guildline at what percentage this will K.O him? Also, QAC to thunder might give the DDD some headaches. I think that with thunder, U-air, U-tilt, and U-smash, we can keep him in the air for some damage. (Disclaimer: I've rarely played a DDD, with the exception of the computer. All my knowledge is based off of what I've read on smashboards, and what I've done to computer opponents. :( )

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well i previously thought the MU was 60:40, and we can do more damage with the CG now, but whatever. I guess the ike one was wrong, i don't have experience against a good one. But most of them i know are right. DDD should still be 65:35 imo, they had that number BEFORE we got 40 more % with our new CG.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
40% is some nice damage vs any character. I mean, that's somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of a stock.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
40% is some nice damage vs any character. I mean, that's somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of a stock.
Imo, vs. DDD, it doesn't warrant jumping him to a 65:35 matchup. But like I said, numbers are just numbers, I don't really care.

In fact, I'm not really sure why I bothered to say anything since ESAM's obviously not listening to anybody.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
He doesn't need to restate what i said...

Advantages:
CG
Better camping
Better comboing
Better speed
Better edgeguarding

Disadvantages:
Worse Spacing
Worse Killing (doesn't everybody?)

Pros definitely outweigh the cons...it HAS to be 60:40 AT LEAST
Im seibrik and I approve this message.

Besides, i duno if esams brought it up but i taught it to him, that if u just camp and wait for a waddle dee toss, 9 times out of 10 on reaction pika can run right under it and get a free grab/usmash

Kenrawr

Smash Master
It's like 60:40

Waddles? I'm guessing that got brought up in a wall of text somewhere. The D3's I've played NEVER use waddles unless they're on the opposite side of the stage hoping to get a gordo (or I assume that's what their intentions are anyway).

They shield grab/bair aerial camp with a couple of ftilts thrown in. Or they try to play smart and zone the pika if there are any platforms around.

Darn name searchers =o

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Yeah I name searched but I only posted cause people are bashing esam :(

Anyways, you can test this out urselves if u like, toss a waddle dee and hold shield as u do it. notice how long it takes for a shield to come up. im gona do some recording later to show you, but its pretty **** laggy.

from across FD pika can either run under it and grab/usmash, or if the DDD is smart enough to angle the waddle dees down, now pika has to run powershield, run grab/usmash. it works either way.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Don't worry. ESAM trolls us so we troll back.

I thought D3's don't try and waddle pikas in general now. :D

*waits for other pika's inputs*

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The D3's I've played NEVER use waddles unless they're on the opposite side of the stage hoping to get a gordo (or I assume that's what their intentions are anyway).

They shield grab/bair aerial camp with a couple of ftilts thrown in. Or they try to play smart and zone the pika if there are any platforms around.
Yeah, DDDs I play never waddle throw anywhere near me unless they know I'm not expecting it. They usually walk forward and pshield my tjolts until they're in a good range to ftilt, grab, and bair/dair camp. What DDD is gonna try to outcamp you? I think it's pretty general knowledge that tjolt > waddles in terms of straight-up camp.

Also, @Seibrik: ESAM practically invites the "bashing" we give him. He's said plenty of immature and condescending things to other people, so don't give him too much sympathy, lol. But like I said in the CG thread, I'm taking this whole thing to PMs from now on..... it's not something to be discussed on the forum.

Jupz

Smash Master
Imo 65:35 in Pikas favor. The CG's really hurt, all we've got in our favor is kill power and your down B can easily kill us if we use UPB. One of my least fave matches, around 60:40 or 65:35

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
One thing I noticed about the chart, probably just a blooper... Ness is listed as 5.3 difficulty but it also says we have a 55:45 matchup on him. Which is it?

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Ike boards is currently revising the Pikachu matchup, all Pikachu players are invited to join us. But first, please refer to the main matchup thread for information on our procedures and informative threads over Ike. I’ve compiled some links to threads with important information over Pikachu there as well, if you wish to add other threads you consider important for this matchup analysis, please post the links there.

Main matchup thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238648

Pikachu matchup discussion thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7680248#post7680248

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
One thing I noticed about the chart, probably just a blooper... Ness is listed as 5.3 difficulty but it also says we have a 55:45 matchup on him. Which is it?
One thing I noticed: Diddy has 6.0 difficulty with a 45:55 matchup, while Wario has 5.9 with a 40:60. How does that work?
Afaik, Gallax (with Kitt's help, possibly) is planning on re-evaluating the MU numbers so that they match. We're also going through Pika's matchups again (see: matchup re-discussion thread), so these ratios may change soon anyway.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Afaik, Gallax (with Kitt's help, possibly) is planning on re-evaluating the MU numbers so that they match. We're also going through Pika's matchups again (see: matchup re-discussion thread), so these ratios may change soon anyway.
This is correct. I'm just waiting to hear back from Galax before I get started on the next chart.

Mew.

Top Bottom