• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ok planking is legit, but wouldn't you want to discuss how to play if planking was limited?
All we said was that planking is a legit strategy, lol, not the only one.
Just in case you missed that part. :)

EDIT: I haven't played too many good Falcos offline, so I can't share much advice, but I just wanted to clarify for people who're saying planking isn't legit or shouldn't be brought up for whatever reason. That's like saying we shouldn't discuss camping because someone might take you to a small stage where you have no space to camp. x.x

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Pikachu vs Wolf is NOT 55:45......lemme give yall some of this right herrrr.

Pikachu has an extremely **** CG on Wolf, its semi-hard to get a grab but for this to be hard the wolf has to space PERFECTLY. Wolf can camp Pikachu, but get camped while doing so. Pikachu besides the fact can almost 0 to death wolf with a CG.....Pikachu has good grounded and air game to fight Wolf aswell. When Wolf is offstage Pikachu can gimp him extremely well with aerials and thunder. I would say Pikachu atleast wins 6:4 if not 65:35. Thoughts?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Eh.

Our MU numbers are pretty old, but I'd probably still say it's 55:45/60:40 at worst. Definitely not 65:35.

Wolf can avoid grabs pretty easily (Pikachu's grab range is bad), and after you've taken some damage, you can reflector/jump out of the CG if we try to start it too late. IIRC, you did this to Tag when you played him.

Wolf outcamps Pika. His blaster is pretty **** annoying.... especially since we can't duck under his lasers like we can vs. Fox/Falco.

Unless you're offstage at a low angle, gimping shouldn't be a huge problem. Better DI is your friend.

(EDIT: Ignore this part.)

I don't have ridiculous amounts of experience vs. Wolves, but I just don't see any glaring advantages besides the CG (which is semi-avoidable) that would make it as extreme as 65:35.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Whoa, Pikachu has a **** cg on Wolf!? Someone teach it to me!

Yeah.. old MU ratios are old.. imo it's 60:40 Pika at least. These need updaaaaates.

King~

Smash Champion
its about a 6:4

CG on wolf is sorta complicated is like down throw to just before 30% cause he can shine out at 30%

fthrow-buffer a run and maybe get him

if you dont get him, you can stll regrab if you dont hit him to many time(basically dont unstale ur dthrow) and go from there.

if you can gimp him it makes the MU that much easier(this is actually all i try to do since its so doable )

it pretty easy for wolf to gain stage control in MU with lasers and good spacing. just have to make sure when you do get him it hurts.

Edit:why did i type this O.o

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
I would agree with the 65:35 cuz pika ***** wolf especially with CGs. that already gives pika an edge, and to top it off pika can gimp the living **** out of wolf's horrible recovery. All wolf has is an equal space game with no real back-ups against pika.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I recently played an amazing set against one of my best brawl friends who ranks up there in PR's with me and he mains wolf. If you take away the chaingrab, its pretty darn hard especially if the wolf knows how to recover/scarr on the fly. We played an amazing set (tho i still think i should have won... lol ^_^)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Zelda's Din's Fire(DF)

Zelda's DF is quite possible on of the best projectiles in the game. It can go the entire distance of FD, and then some. She can angle it upwards, downwards, or not at all. They control the timing of the explosion when they let go of the b button. the hitbox of DF is crazy. It carries a normal hitbox, but when it explodes, the full hitbox is never the same. Sometimes it will have a crazy range closer to zelda, sometimes it will be farther away. Basically, what I am trying to get at is that DF is a great projectile.
This was burning my eyes. If you guys arent discussing anyone now (looking through the last couple pages I dont tihnk you are) then redo this matchup lol.

Kaylo convinced a good partion of the Zelda boards that its close to even-slighty Pika favor, so I think a rediscussion would be good. Sorry if Im like pulling this thread offtopic, Im just lurking a bit and this caught my eye.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hi there, Pikachu boarders

Diddies just strated discussing the Pika vs Diddy MU, and input with another point of view is always a great help to progress ; you know, stuff like where you want to CP us, where you don't want us to CP you to, moves that we are weak against, stuff that you don't see us profit a lot... all help in tournaments.
Anyway, you know what's your job, I'm not gonna say random stuff anymore, just click right here :
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252619

Have fun !

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Diddy? If I didn't get godawfully ***** every time I played one, maybe I'd contribute. :ohwell:

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I've covered the Diddy Kong matchup request thing with one of my "Diary" entrees over on the Diddy rediscussion just in case any of you guys were worrying 'bout them.

Hopefully, they won't come asking for too many more questions... -_-

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, um, i just wanted to throw an idea out there.
that chart is great and i like all these match-up threads, but dont yah think there alittle too out-dated?.
I was wondering if me and some other pika. players, like LDPK, Gallax Raz, Kaylo, k-prime, could just make a next match-up chart with new ratios?

Sorrry if these has already been done or something, but im just throwing that idea out there.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's in the works right now, actually. I just have to make the chart, which I'll probably do tomorrow.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh, alrighty then, just throwing that out there, becuase i saw the MU are out-dated.

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Pikachu Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Pikachu match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

Top Bottom