• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
haha, genesis hotels lol. I remember the police were called because the night b4 there were ppl sleeping outside by the pool, and they assumed they were passed out drunkards.

DUB

Smash Lord
What's the frame data for the Up+B out of shield? Practicing to do it as frame-fast as possible?

Cactuar- I don't think I've seen you use the reverse DS OoS but what are some common moves to punish with it?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I'd only use it if the opponent is at high %s --> upB will kill or set up an edgeguard
or if my shield is getting too low

Most ppl usually do aerial --> shine/jab
after the shine/jab you usually can upB

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
What's the frame data for the Up+B out of shield? Practicing to do it as frame-fast as possible?

Cactuar- I don't think I've seen you use the reverse DS OoS but what are some common moves to punish with it?
Knowing the frame data for it isn't really gonna help but....

Startup 1-5, hitbox on 5 (frame 5 is also invincible).

As for moves to punish with it...crouch cancel up B :p. You can also use it after baiting a grab (or an attack in general), or using it to cover ledge options (lol he was invincible for my d-tilt, 5 frame kill move time!) It's not that good of a move though <_<

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
don't use it to edge guard. someone asked a long time ago if it worked; it doesnt. the hitbox starts above the stage.

soap

Smash Hero
run up to the ledge shield. upb oos. i get it to work alot. its kinda like foxs gay shine oos thing if they are stupid enough to attack

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
dark sonic: dam, sweet sig. matthew is a KILLER. or maybe its jaffar/colm, idk.

on my second look, i can see its a rouge(colm?), a female swordmaster(marrisa?), and an assassin(joshua?). how many points did i get?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
dark sonic: dam, sweet sig. matthew is a KILLER. or maybe its jaffar/colm, idk.

on my second look, i can see its a rouge(colm?), a female swordmaster(marrisa?), and an assassin(joshua?). how many points did i get?
It's Lyn (Blade Lord) vs Colm (assassin) and Rennac (Rogue). Lyn is from fire emblem 7 and Colm and Rennac are from fire emblem 8 :p

Also...I didn't make it <_<. Google rocks.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i knew it was lyn bah. colm is crazy, but y rennac? he SUCKS. colm is a MUCH better rouge. i guess it doesnt matter when u force cap ur stats.

btw ive beaten fe 7 and 8. ive played a englished patched rom 6(roys), roy was born low tier. even for a lord. i played 5 mins of the first one(marths), but it wasnt patched. so i couldnt understand it.

4% APR

Smash Champion
i knew it was lyn bah. colm is crazy, but y rennac? he SUCKS. colm is a MUCH better rouge. i guess it doesnt matter when u force cap ur stats.

btw ive beaten fe 7 and 8. ive played a englished patched rom 6(roys), roy was born low tier. even for a lord. i played 5 mins of the first one(marths), but it wasnt patched. so i couldnt understand it.
the first one was recently remade for DS

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

Meh, I kinda like Rennac (personality only), but remember I didn't make the animation <_<.

And screw Rouges anyway. I don't need to save money on lockpicks when the game throws gold at me. Assassins make much better units (thought still kinda bad <_<)

I've played FE 7-11 (11 is the FE1 remake). Fun series. Wanna try 5 out (hardest of the series I hear)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
DS is a great system. i'm not a super hardcore gamer anymore, especially with school starting, and of the free time i get most of it is waiting for class or something where i can't sit down at a console for 5 hours.

the console has lots of great RPGS (final fantasies and dragon quests galore) along with all the classic genres (space shooters and puzzles for example). and if you buy the right thing, you can put any old emulator you want on it (i play super mario world for SNES all the time on my DS)

SinceEternity

Smash Cadet
hey guys, what are some good practice drills? I can do all the tech, but I can't really string them together - any ideas? haha

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
hey guys, what are some good practice drills? I can do all the tech, but I can't really string them together - any ideas? haha
You kind of answered your own question. lol =P

Just practice stringing them together, is all. Just keep in mind that there are three slightly different timings when canceling your aerials. Your canceling timing all depends on what you hit. Either empty space, your opponent, or your opponents shield. Once you have mastered all three timings, practice linking your combos. Your combos all revolve around your percentages and the actual weight of your opponent.

You can also practice smoothing out your movement. Try practicing wavelanding on various levels with platforms.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I just have a routine of dashpivotwavedashes that I do when I'm warming up. Then I sh a few times to feel out the ff timing, then full jump a few times to feel out the ff timing. That's about it. :laugh:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I just go to dream land or yoshis and I waveland around the top and right platforms and the ground and waveland up from the ledge.

also I throw out some fairs and on the right platform I sh dub fair then fall thru with an attack. Then I just start shuffling nairs fairs and uairs and ledge cancel dairs and more wavelands.

now Im ready to grab ppl

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
whats the best way to space vs sheik? retreat nair to dair? or would fairs be better in this matchup?

i watched some old ken stuff and he does nair to ftilt a lot and a lot of shdfair.

m2k does the nair to ftilt too, but he does shfair to dj fair ff fair or empty sh to dj fair ff fair.

my idea is to use dtilt because shiek wont be approaching through the air like fox would, and there is less lag after it.

also what is the best thing to do if sheik CCs a fair and i want to avoid the tilt/grab? should i buffer a roll?

soap

Smash Hero
I just go to dream land or yoshis and I waveland around the top and right platforms and the ground and waveland up from the ledge.

also I throw out some fairs and on the right platform I sh dub fair then fall thru with an attack. Then I just start shuffling nairs fairs and uairs and ledge cancel dairs and more wavelands.

now Im ready to grab ppl
i like to go to platforms and waveland forward b the other way, waveland off the top forward b the other way and just kinda make silly circles.

i think fair is better against sheik. nair is a bit slower and leaves your feet open to dash attacks.

there is another vid of m2k v. forwards sheik. it was on battlefield i recall and m2k starts spamming retreating SHDF. it looks safe. If u can find a way to make them not stand there and throw **** at u it could work i guess.

forwards sheik was recently like 3-4 stocking tajs marth in some AZ finals so i think he is a bit better at that matchup now as well.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well vs sheik as long as ur spacing the fairs you dont have toooo much of a problem.

If you can help it dont land at her feet, and you should do pretty well to avoid gettin punished for doing an attack.

grab after her aerials, or fair to grab on the shield.

if ur gonna nair, they should be above you teching on a platform, or also in the air coming towards and slightly down. If you want to spam it then retreat, or nair as far through the shield as possible and its not a bad idea to sometimes side rev b to a possible grab when u land.

REally if u can avoid getting grabbed you should be ok. cuz fair often comes from grabs but dont be dumb in the air

PK Webb

Smash Champion
how do i avoid the marth killer....when im returning on stage and my opponent sheilds and grabs the ledge. i gets me everytime

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
how do i avoid the marth killer....when im returning on stage and my opponent sheilds and grabs the ledge. i gets me everytime
get the edge with your jump, or upb on the stage. those are your only options involving living.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
get the edge with your jump, or upb on the stage. those are your only options involving living.
Double stick fast fall off stage double jump immediately and up-b?

Oh you could also airdodge lol.

Yea... now we are getting into the realm of "I'm Magus and your edgegaurds don't work on me :laugh:"

strawhats

Smash Master
Can someone tell me how to Ledge cancel the landing lag after marth's up B, much like makenshi did on BF in that vid I posted.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you're talking about what i think you are, then you have to practice it. i've never seen anyone consistantly do it, but i know most marths have done it before (CF can do something similar too).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you should probably work on... everything else involving marth before learning to consistently ledgecancel his up-b.

strawhats

Smash Master
yeah I know but it would be so much midgames of the love if I could screw over someone trying to play predictale w/. edgeguards and ****. And yes veet I am talking about that craazy edge cancels theat look similiar to the **** Silent Spectre does w/. his falcon. I have a pretty good marth, not exactly pro marth but I use all the ATs if thats what u mean... wavedashing in and out of shield Dash dancing Lcanceling dairs and all the technicalities of marth. Of course Im no m2k. Maybe what we all need is a TAS perfect Marth vid. Although m2k was the closest to that.

I am surprised someone like m2k has not perfected it yet. Has he ever done it before ?

Top Bottom