• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
yeah I know but it would be so much midgames of the love if I could screw over someone trying to play predictale w/. edgeguards and ****. And yes veet I am talking about that craazy edge cancels theat look similiar to the **** Silent Spectre does w/. his falcon. I have a pretty good marth, not exactly pro marth but I use all the ATs if thats what u mean... wavedashing in and out of shield Dash dancing Lcanceling dairs and all the technicalities of marth. Of course Im no m2k. Maybe what we all need is a TAS perfect Marth vid. Although m2k was the closest to that.

I am surprised someone like m2k has not perfected it yet. Has he ever done it before ?
In order to do it you would have to know how high you need to be above the stage in order to DI back to edgecancel (if your talking about the one I'm thinking of). I'm sure he has done it, it's still almost as punishable as trying to upB onto the stage if they do invic to bair, although it would help against edgehog rollers.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
how do i avoid the marth killer....when im returning on stage and my opponent sheilds and grabs the ledge. i gets me everytime
Well, other than grabbing the ledge directly, you can up B early. Your sword doesnt hit the front of their shield [assuming they are facing away from ledge] and hits the back pushing them away from the ledge.

Most experienced, say, fox players would fake a marth killer and go into a back air when you up B early So dont use it too much. You may be able to hit them away from the stage and give them a little shield stun giving you a little time to grab.

The second is to perfectly sweet spot the ledge, that is the best way.

@strawhats, You sure do talk about m2k alot lol, there are other marth players that are good.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, other than grabbing the ledge directly, you can up B early. Your sword doesnt hit the front of their shield [assuming they are facing away from ledge] and hits the back pushing them away from the ledge.
If they're doing it right (angling their shield towards the ledge and slightly down) then they will be knocked off the stage regardless of which side you hit their shield on.
Most experienced, say, fox players would fake a marth killer and go into a back air when you up B early So dont use it too much.
Actually, they should jump out and shine instead of bair if they see you up B early. Cause after that you can't recover :p

This doesn't work if they do it right (floatier characters should be fast falling after you hit their shield. This way they'll be able to beat you to the ledge every time.)

It really sucks when people actually practice the Marth killer and do it right every time. Makes it much harder to get around <_<

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
If they're doing it right (angling their shield towards the ledge and slightly down) then they will be knocked off the stage regardless of which side you hit their shield on.
Actually, they should jump out and shine instead of bair if they see you up B early. Cause after that you can't recover :p

This doesn't work if they do it right (floatier characters should be fast falling after you hit their shield. This way they'll be able to beat you to the ledge every time.)

It really sucks when people actually practice the Marth killer and do it right every time. Makes it much harder to get around <_<
Yea, I think you are right about the shield angle thing. Forgot about that one.

The bair was only an example. It doesnt matter if you choose to uair, fair, shield pivot a nair, as long as you kill them. Just be weary of those *******s.

You should be able to grab the lege without even hitting their shield if I recall. It might be stage dependant or something or I could just be spewing complete bs. But I thought Ive seen it done/done it more than once.

strawhats

Smash Master

Most experienced, say, fox players would fake a marth killer and go into a back air when you up B early So dont use it too much. You may be able to hit them away from the stage and give them a little shield stun giving you a little time to grab.

@strawhats, You sure do talk about m2k alot lol, there are other marth players that are good.
Yeah I realze that too, i guess mk took all the Ken/Azen hypeness out of me that I just submitted to his ownage backwhen he was practically unbeatable w/. marth. Cactuar des not main marth anymore though, uses fox more. I really like Dark Sonic's marth. TBH after those two the onle other person outside of Ken, M2k, Azen, and Cactuar that I know used marth were Tink, PC occasionally, and KDJ. Nowadays kira and KFC are doing pretty well. Falchomist has a pretty good marth too but I prefer his falco.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
m2k is like the only top-level marth around anymore
cactuar mostly uses fox in tourney (at least, from what I've seen), but when he uses marth, it's pretty beastly.

strawhats

Smash Master
m2k is like the only top-level marth around anymore
cactuar mostly uses fox in tourney (at least, from what I've seen), but when he uses marth, it's pretty beastly.
The sad thing m2k's marth does not look like m2k's marth from when he was dominant. He is stillgood but he does not have that same reliance on marth anymore he just uses any character hat feels will get him the win, then that means sheik will do the job. Its sad that they're are not many marth players at the top level anymore evr since ken, m2k, and azen started an era of marth dominance

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
m2k lacks the confidence that he had with marth once before.

also, if anyone else was at fcd they would know that his marth at that point and time was the best he's ever been.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
something i just found out: nair auto cancels any time after frame 25, marth's fastest shff is 26 frames. this means if you nair on the first frame and do a perfect shff you will have no lag.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
What percent does F-throw Dash Attack work in Marth ditto if they DI away and how perfect do you have to be to make it work?
I don't think it works if they DI away unless it's off stage (so basically they are still in stun but can't tech). M2k does this very often though so I don't know if it's a matter of being perfect with it or just throwing them before they get the DI off.

I do think the Dash attack has to be really perfect regardless.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yeah, u can auto cancel his fair like that also, but its better to just lc it or fair>fair/uair most of the time.
Yea Ive seen upB to grab ledge with a falling nair auto cancel as an interesting fighting method on the left side of stadium when the big rock is there.

I guess thats the ground stage?

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ive seen sethlons marth(i know, right!?) abuse that on corneria. i think hes like m2k, only knows everything about the stages instead.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea Ive seen upB to grab ledge with a falling nair auto cancel as an interesting fighting method on the left side of stadium when the big rock is there.

I guess thats the ground stage?
that has like nothing to do with the auto-cancel nair, though....

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
that has like nothing to do with the auto-cancel nair, though....
I wasnt on the same page with you guys as far as shffac the nair

But the point was that you up B to the ledge and fall with a nair and it auto cancels allowing you to quickly up B and grab the ledge again fall with a nair.

Rinse and repeat until it transforms.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yea i never knew about that until you guys said it. i did it on the rock trans. last night and it was pretty sexy. can you fast fall it or not?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Lately I've been having trouble spot dodging immediately after an aerial with marth. For instance, I'll do a falling Nair, L canceled of course, but after that I'm not sure if I should just hold down the R button or to wait. Suggestions?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think it works if they DI away unless it's off stage (so basically they are still in stun but can't tech). M2k does this very often though so I don't know if it's a matter of being perfect with it or just throwing them before they get the DI off.

I do think the Dash attack has to be really perfect regardless.
Alright.

10chars

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you can't fast fall nair from upb-height. you have to slow fall.

and to banjokazooiepro, you can buffer by holding shield and a direction on the cstick. there will be 1 frame of shield, but its probably the easiest way to consistantly dodge asap

up-jump
left-roll
right-roll
down-spotdodge

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ok good **** about the nair fall thing.

@banjo-I cant argue with the fact that not being able to do it is a problem, because it means you are probably missing an l cancel, or somehow just to slow. Like somebody said b4, buffer it in with the C stick. Check to see if its l cancel issue by trying other things like aerial into dash away, grab or uptilt.

Thats a really bad habbit to get into. Spot dodging, when you get up from a tech and after an attack can really leave you open to get punished.

They are already shielding, so that just gives them a little more time to recover from the shield pressure in whatever form it may be. I guess if you are going to use it then just be wise with it.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yo Cactus

Is there any reason to use SHFFL n-air over auto cancel nair?
Nope. auto cancel is I believe 2 frames faster. yay.

Hi guys.

Cactuar: Start using Marth again. Come to my tournament and bring people? I want to play your Marth and stuff. Actually, everyone should just go to my tournament. It has the kanye west title. LOL.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Okay so here's my question. Is up throw uptilt a legit combo or can people jump out of it. If it is legit up to what percent is it? Can some characters get out of it and others not? I've seen Sheik's jump out of it numerous times, and I would just like to know thank you for your time.

Arc

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
How good is Marth's nair as an approach? It seems to work well for me, but I've read that it's inferior to fair and bair. Why is that?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Nair doesn't work as well as a shield trap, has less of a lingering hitbox, and is more vulnerable overall.

More moves outrange nair than fair or bair. It is easier to follow up after hitting with fair than with nair, depending on % and DI.

List goes on.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Something should never be shortened to "sth". Take the time to write out your questions fully please.

The answer is to hit her.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Okay so here's my question. Is up throw uptilt a legit combo or can people jump out of it. If it is legit up to what percent is it? Can some characters get out of it and others not? I've seen Sheik's jump out of it numerous times, and I would just like to know thank you for your time.

Arc
Can't take my tag on smashboards!

Upthrow uptilt is legit depending on DI. Little to no DI allows them to escape the combo, and obviously until mid 50s percent Falco/Fox can't avoid the uptilt.

In reality it doesn't really matter, for if they jump out you usually can follow it with an upair or fair and now you have them in a combo without a double jump. The trick is to make sure you dash fully after the uptilt if they double jump away and take your time. You want to catch them on the way down not at fulljump height.

-Austin

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
so I been practicing shield stopping, with hopes to improve my spacing and probably my speed as well cuz I make too many ****ing mistakes while fighting anything I cant combo or gimp at 0 percent lol.

But I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for better spacing, like someway to practice by yourself.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I've seen a post that says you can kill from a grab vs CF. If this is true, please show examples.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I joined in 05, you joined in 06. Soooo technically your the theif!!!!!! haha j/k we can play for it? or we can get over it hahahaha anyway. Nah I've heard some things about you and you give solid advice so yeah we should meet and play in Pound 4 sometime anyway thanks again and peace.

Can't take my tag on smashboards!

Upthrow uptilt is legit depending on DI. Little to no DI allows them to escape the combo, and obviously until mid 50s percent Falco/Fox can't avoid the uptilt.

In reality it doesn't really matter, for if they jump out you usually can follow it with an upair or fair and now you have them in a combo without a double jump. The trick is to make sure you dash fully after the uptilt if they double jump away and take your time. You want to catch them on the way down not at fulljump height.

-Austin

Top Bottom