• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we call Armada the best now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EWC

Smash Ace
As I already said, I would absolutely love to see Armada play Ylink against Mango's puff. I'm not convinced that the matchup is actually good for young link; Sure he can shut down puff's approaches pretty well once he gets set up, but I feel like an aggressive puff (read: mango) should be able to prevent that from ever happening. I'd be really glad to be proven wrong though.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
Mang0 was def off this tourney is all im saying. Even though he was playing awesome he was doing dumb stuff and very uncharacteristic things. SD's to messing up tech skill here and there. And he kept coming back onto stage the same way almost everytime, which Armada always read and killed him for. Mang0 should have won, it honestly seemed like he was gonna, but Armada got those hits in when needed. Def not taking anyyyyyyy credit from Armada. He played his best. And deserved the win. You can see mango get nervous and THIS rarely happens! See this is what happen when you leave the game for so long! It doesn't matter how much he practiced before. He hasn't been in any finals in soo long. Just saying man. Armada and Mang0 give us the greatest sets. Their both awesome.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
just watch the GF's and I'm being as objective as i possibly can be about this.

armada won because he played the better game overall. yes mango made some odd mistakes (NOT counting missed tech here, I'm talking some of those thar SD's) but made up for it, every game was last stock high %, armada pulled a clutch win against someone who tbh is just as good as he is, the matches were INTENSE and very close.

hopefully we've got a rivalry on our hands here folks :)

also, 'sup Maf? <3

Brookman

Smash Hero
As I already said, I would absolutely love to see Armada play Ylink against Mango's puff. I'm not convinced that the matchup is actually good for young link; Sure he can shut down puff's approaches pretty well once he gets set up, but I feel like an aggressive puff (read: mango) should be able to prevent that from ever happening. I'd be really glad to be proven wrong though.
Don't you get it?? Mango doesn't want to play puff. Mango wants to play fox cause we all love the kdj/pc/m2k fox ditto era more than any other time period in this game.

Conspiracy

Smash Rookie
I think the "they are both equal" is a bit of a cop-out. If Mango won this tournament, no one would be saying that kinda stuff. Therefore we should say the same thing we would if Mango won this tournament. Armada is currently the best and if any wants to argue against that they should do so in the next tournament where they meet him in bracket and defeat him.
Saying we should go over to europe is kinda complicated in my opinion. It is definately what SHOULD happen ,but I don't think that its something thats GOING to happen.

xios73

Smash Rookie
Armada has been the most consistent player of the last 2 years, and that needs to count for something. He has to be considered #1 at this point. He didnt lose a set on his way to grand finals, and beat mango to win the most recent international tournament. Mango is definitely on the same skill level as armada, and would have a good chance of winning if the set were to be replayed today, judging on how close the set was. However, that doesnt take away from Armadas victory. When mango won genesis 1, he was considered the undisputed best, even though Armada was realistically one hit away from winning that tourney. I sense that ppl are biased towards mango for 2 reasons: 1, because he is American and most ppl on the boards are also American. 2, he plays fox and falco, who are more exciting and theoretically better characters, so ppl tend to believe that mango would win if they were both playing at their absolute best.

EWC

Smash Ace
Don't you get it?? Mango doesn't want to play puff. Mango wants to play fox cause we all love the kdj/pc/m2k fox ditto era more than any other time period in this game.
Yes, I know that Mango wants to play fox. I want him to play fox too; Doesn't mean that matchup wouldn't be interesting to see.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
conspiracy is one of the new stars of melee discussion before he gets banned, callin it.

RIP mikehaggar, ICG, poundslap

SpeedGhost

Smash Cadet
Yes, Armada won this tournament, he's a fantastic player. Doesn't make him the best. He beat mango in one set. wooopdie do. If mango played armada 100 sets under the same conditions mango would win like 70 of them. mango at his best > anyone else at their best. Especially when he's salty. Not to mention that mango's may possibly hold the best fox, falco, and jiggs in the entire world. Not saying that its true, but its certainly arguable which is downright impressive.

crush

Smash Master
M2K is the undisputed best right now IMO. if he gets a grab your stock is done, and he spams grabs all dai. hes taken matches off of armada, mango, hbox, pp, amsah, axe, hax$, g$, bob$, rob$, etc. the best players are, in order,
m2k
armada
mango
taj
amsah
everyone else
pp and axe are uber overrated, pp did worse than shroomed, who sucks, so therefore pp sucks as well, and axe did even worse than pp, so that means that axe technically sucks more than peepee
axe technically sucks more than peepee, so that means he probably also sucks blood, which means AXE IS A VAMPIRE. WATCH OUT GUISE!

Jonas

Smash Champion
No Ken is the best. Look at his impressive record. He's been winning more consistently than anyone before or after him, and he is as of yet undefeated. Has he lost to Mango? No. Has he lost to Armada? No. Has he lost to PP? No. Has he lost to Hbox? No. Has he lost to M2K? Yes, but he wasn't trying so it doesn't count. If he came back now he would body everyone (and if he didn't it's only because he let them win).

I know all of this because I've figured it out after extensive theorycrafting and speculation.

crush

Smash Master
No Ken is the best. Look at his impressive record. He's been winning more consistently than anyone before or after him, and he is as of yet undefeated. Has he lost to Mango? No. Has he lost to Armada? No. Has he lost to PP? No. Has he lost to Hbox? No. Has he lost to M2K? Yes, but he wasn't trying so it doesn't count. If he came back now he would body everyone (and if he didn't it's only because he let them win).

I know all of this because I've figured it out after extensive theorycrafting and speculation.
ken was clearly a bk. he lost the first two games to bombsoldier and then bribed him 9001 rupees to throw the set. m2k wasnt trying either when he beat him, so they both werent trying and m2k won in the not trying battle because although they were both not trying to the same ratio, m2k was just a better player so ken lost. ken also almost lost to wife, who teamed with husband, and since wife was dumb enough to team with husband, i am assuming he suffers from brain damage which means that ken almost lost to a player with brain damage, even though that player with brain damage was wife.

i know all of this because i've read ken's secret diary that he keeps under his pillow

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Mango said he would try, and he lost so no excuses. Armadas the best.
best player is the one who won the last big tournament, so yea armada da bess
if the next big tourney he can't attend or something, then it's like a tie or disputed
i mean hell we called mango the best for however long when he wasn't even placing top 5 haha
don't have a firm opinion on the matter but this is poor logic

edit: although, mango was on some other wordly **** during that set. i'm pretty inexperienced as smashing goes but i haven't seen any character look that devastating. his mobility/pressure was incredible, as was armada's ability to withstand it.

Super

Smash Apprentice
Everyone always jump way to quickly to declare who's the best. Seriously, if Armada doesn't win the next national, everyone who isn't an AR fan is going to ridicule the hell out people who were saying he's the best. Even PP didn't have his own "he is the best" thread. You could say he's the best at this moment, but that will mean nothing if he loses in a few months. I hope he does lose, only because then people can stop saying someone is the clear best so quickly. If he dominates all next year then yes, it's safe to say he's the best...right now it's way to presumptuous. Let's wait and see.

Djent

Smash Champion
He's definitely not the best, but he *might* be on the same level as Mango...maybe. But that's the best case scenario for him, otherwise Mango's still a tiny bit better.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why are people so obsessed with who the absolute best is lmao, it doesnt really matter. almost all the people who speculate are people that have no chance of being close to the best anyway.

top 10 is like ar mango m2k hbox amsah ice pp jman axe and i suppose at this point taj, in no particular order.

:phone:

crush

Smash Master
why are people so obsessed with who the absolute best is lmao, it doesnt really matter. almost all the people who speculate are people that have no chance of being close to the best anyway.

top 10 is like ar mango m2k hbox amsah ice pp jman axe and i suppose at this point taj, in no particular order.

:phone:
listen to him, strong bad is the fifth best dk

out of 5 dks

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
It's obvious that PP isn't even top 3 anymore clearly. In fact, not even top 5. Top 8 maybe at most. That might be gracious.

I think Axe isn't in the top 16 either.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Really, I think one tournament isn't enough to judge. Of course he's done incredibly well in other tournaments here, but Mango did better than him in those tournaments for the most part. If Armada wins his next US tournament, he'll be the best. If Mango beats him at the aforementioned tournament, Mango will be the best. Right now, it's a tie as far as I'm concerned.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
Iron Dragon, PP was sick this weekend so he played poorly as a result. He's definitely Top 5 though, you kidding me son?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
or he said he was sick so he could troll people saying he lost because he wasn't feeling well. next time I don't win something I'll tell them I have "swine flu"

Eggm

Smash Hero
I feel like taj coulda won with m2 if he were a little more patient/took it a tad more serious. It was super impressive.

Edit : Just to clarify I only mean wf's not the whole tournament. M2 can't win a national... lol.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I still think KDJ is the best. *shrug*

Ya, I thought so too eggm. It kinda seemed like he just didn't have the patience. Although, I think he definitely showed that he had the moves for it.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
now... who cares?
be happy... now Mango will try SOOO hard...
I really want Armada vs Mango 3 in APEX 2012 (in special 'cause i'll go to apex)

and.. Dr PP sick... i'll take note to that jonh xDDD

D

Deleted member

or he said he was sick so he could troll people saying he lost because he wasn't feeling well. next time I don't win something I'll tell them I have "swine flu"
he was sick well before he even left NC. i talked to him on the phone and I could tell he was sick and i wasn't even one of the 400 people that saw him in person over the week.

strawhats

Smash Master
I still think KDJ is the best. *shrug*

Ya, I thought so too eggm. It kinda seemed like he just didn't have the patience. Although, I think he definitely showed that he had the moves for it.
here's to hoping kdj goes to Apex

D

Deleted member

I will say though that I've gained a new respect for mango as a player. Not because he got second or whatever and not to meatride his ego. Watching mango's fox on the stream, he looks to me right now as a player that actually understands fox as a character in this game. As opposed to say, a good player that happened to be playing as fox. mango's fox is the first i've seen in a long, long time that understands what fox is really about. and that is, to me, finding and exploiting holes like no other character can.

mango: if you're reading this, i've given you a lot of **** as a player, and i'm sure you're not happy with 2nd. but seriously, +1 fanboy.

Pi

Smash Hero
don't have a firm opinion on the matter but this is poor logic

edit: although, mango was on some other wordly **** during that set. i'm pretty inexperienced as smashing goes but i haven't seen any character look that devastating. his mobility/pressure was incredible, as was armada's ability to withstand it.
i don't see how it's poor logic
anything other than recent tournament results is subject to personal opinion

and unless you want to leave the opinions up to the top players, or the mbr, or something, there's no way it can be settled amongst us average players

so i think going by recent tournament results is the best way.
if you have your own opinion nobody can tell you it's wrong, but as for results, well, armada has the belt.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
they seem even. armada is more consistent, but if they were both playing their absolute best mango would win, but armada would still take at least a game or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom