• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we call Armada the best now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

armada is the best for the time being. not only did he decisively win, he took out all of the best players in the process.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Armada and Mango are both alright. Let's stop arguing. Cause nobody is gonna change their mind on who they think the best is.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I don't think Armada is "da bess". I think him and Mango are on the same level now however.
I'll even admit that I'm a bit salty from Mango's loss but this loss has me hyped because I view it as the start of an epic rivalry.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Mango did really well and I can see why he says that he is the best player. He did do some mistakes though. In his match vs Taj I felt like he started the match being too certain of a victory and made some mistakes and when Taj abused that (He played really good, I'm not taking anything away from him) Mango seemed insecure and even made some major tech skill errors.

I want to see Armada vs Mango GF to see how it went but I wont judge who is the better one soly on that match.

Armada seem to never choke but Mango does sometimes when unexpected things occur and I think that might be what seperates them at this point.

EDIT: Don't count out Dr. PP just because of this event

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
damnit G2 spoilers.... >: (

there both real good. us arguing is like arguing what religion is the best, its a matter of opinion, hence there is no true answer (if we all speak from opinion that is.)

my answer to this thread: bread is bread

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
i wonder what happened to m2k?

Armada deserves the win.

After watching Taj get 3rd, it's any mans game. their is no best.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i heard m2k got violated by mango

who the best smasher is isn't a matter of opinion and that's the point of this thread. religion has nothing to do with anything

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i heard m2k got violated by mango

who the best smasher is isn't a matter of opinion and that's the point of this thread. religion has nothing to do with anything
if who the best is had nothing to do with opinion than there would be no arguing... we would all agree...

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
damnit G2 spoilers.... >: (

there both real good. us arguing is like arguing what religion is the best, its a matter of opinion, hence there is no true answer (if we all speak from opinion that is.)

my answer to this thread: bread is bread
But bread can also be toast. You can also put butter and stuff on bread/toast. I don't know what I'm talking about but yeah.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
Mango did really well and I can see why he says that he is the best player. He did do some mistakes though. In his match vs Taj I felt like he started the match being too certain of a victory and made some mistakes and when Taj abused that (He played really good, I'm not taking anything away from him) Mango seemed insecure and even made some major tech skill errors.

I want to see Armada vs Mango GF to see how it went but I wont judge who is the better one soly on that match.

Armada seem to never choke but Mango does sometimes when unexpected things occur and I think that might be what seperates them at this point.

EDIT: Don't count out Dr. PP just because of this event
I feel that it's the opposite way. Twice Armada had a set lead and a 2-1 lead in the current set (one match needed to win the tourney) and blew it. That's kind of choking. And Mango has beaten both Armada and '07 M2K from Loser's Bracket. He doesn't choke. It's good to see Armada not choke here and jut win it out. Now we have a rivalry.

And if you can't see that Taj got kind of a lucky bracket (other than Hax$, who it always incosistent), just like Scar, and that Mango threw that match, I'm sorry. Apparently some 4-stocking happened in the rematch.

(Though much love to Taj. M2 in WF's is too legit. And that Marth match was even pretty close. And the laughing attack. Too much to love.)

Wake

Smash Master
Congrats Armada! How about M2K for best overall smasher? He placed top 5 in at least 4 of the events at Genesis 2.;)

Armada is gonna ride that momentum all the way to first at BEAST II!!!!!:)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So anyone care to explain the wobbling thing to me?

I know what it is, but what happened at genesis with it?

iode

Smash Cadet
mango's a good enough player that he should know when to change it up. if he did know, with near absolute certainty, that he could beat armada by shifting to another mode of play, then he lost on purpose. if he instead thought "f it i'm gonna keep to this and destroy armada, take it to 2nd set. etcetc" while at the same time knowing he could change it up either in style or character choice, then that's an oversight on his part. sure he can look back in retrospect and say "i could have beaten armada easily," but one can also say mango let his desire/vigor to "roll the competition" get to the best of him - that it clouded him.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
armada isn't the best, one tournament isn't enough to prove that. Mango had a lot of tech skill errors during gf's that cost him pretty dearly(maybe because of fox or pressure? idk). I would have loved to see his falco though:(
edit: lol @ sinji below

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
LOL woobles didn't make it to the top 7 and you guys are discussing woobling ruined the tourney.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
i think is even... btw Mango and Armada...
and before G2... wasn't a best player...
No one as been like Ken... dominating ALL
so.. maybe Armada is a little high than Mango... but i think... Mango's puff could'd win yesterday...

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Yea. I'm tired of hearing people saying puff is his best character just because of the first genesis. fox is his best.

EWC

Smash Ace
Mango is the best player. This result doesn't change that.

Armada is amazing, and I don't want to diminish his victory by saying this, but he didn't beat "Mango trying his hardest to win"; He beat "Mango trying his hardest to win while restricting himself to a very specific playstyle (aggro fox) which armada specializes in shutting down".

I have a really hard time imagining how Armada could have beaten say mango's puff; I mean he's too scared of that matchup to even play it against Hbox, opting instead for the glorious ylink counter. And if he doesn't think he can beat hbox's puff with peach, what chance does he have against mango? Or do you think he'd go ylink againt mango's puff? I'd love to see that, but I'm pretty sure it would get trashed. It's a counter to Hbox, not to puff.

Again, I want to emphasize that this doesn't diminish Armada's achievement. He still beat try-hard mango. I think he really deserves this win too. But it's definitely not enough to say that Armada is better than Mango.

Edit: A related point; I do believe that fox is mango's best character overall, but it doesn't follow that fox is the best choice all the time in every matchup.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Mango definetely made HUUUGE technical errors. The one game he suicided 3 times, Armada was up by 3 stock ON DREAMLAND. Mango still brought it back and almost won.

I love all this "Armada is the best now" It's just gonna make Mango come back that much harder next time <3 I will put my life savings that Mango won't lose twice in a row.

L-J

Smash Ace
It shouldn't be hard for anyone who actually watches GFs objectively (as is possible) to see why most people in the community will continue to see Mang0 as the best player after this tournament. He does things that no-one else can do - watching him is just unbelievable.

I'm delighted for Armada and he is now no. 1 until the next major tournament, but I do not believe he is the world's best player because of it. People love to think they're clever and point out the *obvious* contradiction in a statement like that but really they are just ignorant/blinded by bias. There is no contradiction. And people are entitled to their opinions.

Personally, I'm most pleased Armada won because not only does he absolutely deserve it for his dedication to playing NTSC Melee against the world's best over the last two years, but I hope his 2nd place will mean Mang0 continues trying and we get more amazing matches.

Peace.

Wake

Smash Master
People are saying mistakes are why Mango lost... well of course! That's pretty much why anyone loses. Because they made a mistake, or many mistakes. That's why Armada lost to Mango the first time at Genesis, and that's why Mango lost this time.

I mean honestly, go back and watch Pound 5 Grand Finals and count the number of times that say, Armada messed up an edgeguard that could've killed PP, etc. Or go back to any game ever, really. Everyone loses due to making crucial errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom