• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we call Armada the best now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm not saying Armada is better than Mango.

Heck, I'm not even necessarily saying he's equally good.

But please, stop questioning the legitimacy of Armada's win. Mango went all out and lost. It doesn't mean he can't still be the best, but Armada was simply the better player.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Mango SD'd like 5 times the set lol.
My eyes are wrong. Well when the matches are uploaded in good quality, then I will see.

@beat lol.

I know your proud of Armada winning genesis and representing Sweden, please dont make it into an argument.

I'm glad im Jamaican and don't have to dispute between sweden vs usa. :)

Wake

Smash Master
SDing and missing an edgeguard do not hold the same weight.
Making a crucial error that leads to a stock is a huge mistake. But my point is that if anyone is going to say that Mango lost because he made too many mistakes, then they are right. That's how most matches are lost. When Armada SD'd against PP in GF at pound 5, I doubt anybody questioned the legitimacy of his win, or Hbox missing a rest against someone and losing a stock. It's the game.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Making a crucial error that leads to a stock is a huge mistake. But my point is that if anyone is going to say that Mango lost because he made too many mistakes, then they are right. That's how most matches are lost. When Armada SD'd against PP in GF at pound 5, I doubt anybody questioned the legitimacy of his win, or Hbox missing a rest against someone and losing a stock. It's the game.
That's how most matches are lost. When Armada SD'd against PP in GF at pound 5, I doubt anybody questioned the legitimacy of his win, or Hbox missing a rest against someone and losing a stock. It's the game.
I doubt anybody questioned the legitimacy of his win, or Hbox missing a rest against someone and losing a stock. It's the game.
missing a rest against someone and losing a stock. It's the game.
It's the game.
the game.

Beat!

Smash Master
My eyes are wrong. Well when the matches are uploaded in good quality, then I will see.

@beat lol.

I know your proud of Armada winning genesis and representing Sweden, please dont make it into an argument.

I'm glad im Jamaican and don't have to dispute between sweden vs usa. :)
I've repeatedly stated that I don't even think Armada is better than Mango. I just wanted all the johners to stop. That is obviously not happening, so I will follow your advice and drop it.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Dr.PP is still the best. RIGHT smashboards. Cause he won pound 5 remember. Just cause one tourney doesnt mean anything

noobird

Smash Journeyman
did mango go fox? if he went fox then it's really easy to mess up under all that pressure which just means he has to practice some more =P. but seriously both of them are mad good and armada vs mango seems like it will happen alot more

Brookman

Smash Hero
I dunno. The way I see it, after watching the set. . . they are pretty even. Armada obviously won a set of 5 matches, so there's no argument there. . . Do I feel like Mango is still a better player tho?? For the most part. I think they are pretty even :]

I'm happy grand finals were so close.

Wake

Smash Master
I wanted PP to do better... I wanted PP to play against Mango too... and Hbox again. Hbox was sick in their set at P5 and PP still only barely won, so I'd like to see a rematch between them.

Bones0

Smash Legend
PP also won RoM, so I don't get where everyone is getting this "1 tourney win means you're the best" from. At the end of the day, who the best right now is irrelevant. The only thing that really ends up mattering is who wins tournaments and who doesn't. Does it really matter if Mango is better than Armada if he can't win tournaments? I don't think so. People should stop caring how much people played up to their potential and just start treating the tournament placings as law.

Wake

Smash Master
PP also won RoM, so I don't get where everyone is getting this "1 tourney win means you're the best" from. At the end of the day, who the best right now is irrelevant. The only thing that really ends up mattering is who wins tournaments and who doesn't. Does it really matter if Mango is better than Armada if he can't win tournaments? I don't think so. People should stop caring how much people played up to their potential and just start treating the tournament placings as law.
I could not possibly agree more.

Bing

Smash Master
Everyone Makes mistakes, quit johning for Mango, everyone screws up. Armada deserved that win, he's been coming to North America for awhile for tournament and finally got his just deserves. Leave it at that. And next tournament, their will be another winner, and another standings order. Nothing stays the same. Like, DrPP wins one, finishes like what 7th? the next. Sure sick johns, next. Axe gets 5th, then he gets like, doesnt make it into brackets. Armada has consistently been near the top, and when Mango tries, so does he. There both equal, every match is last stock, last game. When one of them actually consistently beats the other, per say if Armada 3-0's or 3-1's Mango more then once, yes, we can say Armada is better. But For Now, Armada and TryHard Mango are Equal for top spot. I think PP is legit like 3rd or 4th, when not sick.

Wake

Smash Master
So all the top players seem to be developing alter egos. There's "Scorp" and "Try-Hard Mango," "Sick PP" and "On Point PP," and then Lucky has one for like every day of the week.

The Star King

Smash Hero
RoM was not international.

I agree with the rest, though.

Pi

Smash Hero
'the best' in terms of who you think is the best player is an opinion

for the time being, armada is the best since he beat all the top players in a major tournament
aka, when they were trying

so for the technical title of 'best' armada has it, that's what the belt means, that's what his 1st place victory at G2 means

if you think, key word 'THINK', that someone else is a better overall player than him, then that is an opinion until they prove it at a major tournament

that is why we have major international tournaments with money and pride on the line

armada da bess

personally i think pp da bess, but that's an opinion.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Theres enough posts going on in this thread.

Don't make pointless spam >:[
God forbid everyone is allowed to ruminate and chill after the most anticipated tournament of forever...

So everyone is shocked i'm no exception. armada, pp, mango, m2k are still top 4 but noone is satisfied with that answer. Kudos to armada flying in from another continent and playing a different version of the game and winning. Mango's time is over, same with m2k it seems, and I don't know what happened with pp. Either way gg, summer classes suck ****. And good job to DBR for pulling another great one.

Beat!

Smash Master
And he has way better tourney results overall over the past few years. And he usually does better than M2K vs the other absolute top players.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
hmm
maybe wid puff

so, i haven't seen definitive proof that armada>Mango. I am willing to say he is the most consistent and strategetic player at the top level right now, but "the best" isn't a title i'm willing to give him just after that. We'll see at apex.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Mango get arrested at the beginning of the weekend for DUI? If so, that might of affected his performance./johns

Seriously though, Dr. PP will get his revenge next tourny when he's not sick. He'll at least get a top 3 performance, and I suspect he'll be styling on Armada and Mango.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
hbox is easy now. when mango said to hold your shield up, i said to myself he's lying. but after watching the LS set, hbox was expecting mango to jump out of his shield.

I now rate mango as a person. he's legit. Every time i'm on the boards, i hear stuff like "oh he drinks a lot, oh he's drunk all the time". But now i know their haters.

I hope i can meet him in APex 2012, maybe even face him and learn from him.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
i'm curious about apex assumin both of them go/make gf's. Armada going young link isn't out of the question. G$ was explaining to me that YL actually counters jiggs, and the more the explained it, the more it made sense. If he has puff beaten as a character, then mango might be in a spot of trouble, but knowing mango it might take a little more than some low tier magic for a grand finals win.
I do wanna see peach vs puff. Mango's agressive style and armada's methods of dealing with it make for a very entertaining set, regardless of the matchup.
(armadadabessinmyheart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom