• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

D

Deleted member

Perks have negatives, in the sense that you don't have the advantage of another perk in that slot.

so I will probably not get this game, since battlefield is also coming out, but what would be a reason to get this over BF3? (I play on PC btw)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Perks have negatives, in the sense that you don't have the advantage of another perk in that slot.

so I will probably not get this game, since battlefield is also coming out, but what would be a reason to get this over BF3? (I play on PC btw)
Well, if you like clunky boring turtle gameplay, then BF3 is your game.

That argument aside, I'm excited for E3 assuming I'll see good amounts of MW3 footage. I don't really give about the single player though, just wanna get some multiplayer info.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
you don't sell a Ford by calling Renault a bad brand.
You sell Fords because they are known to be better than Renaults, anyone asking why they should buy a Ford and not Renault is already a lost cause haha.

TBH, Battlefield is really kinda slower paced.(Unless you get in a Jet or something)

Like once you respawn after dying you spend 10 mins in a car trying to get back to the action, only to be shot from a Tank on a hill like a million miles away.

CoD at least is always pretty action packed.

But, battlefield 3 has been in development for a long time at this stage.

It looks amazing.

So maybe this one might be really good.

I will let my Battlefield fanboy friend Derek buy it and give it a go when he gets it.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Instead of telling you guys to get back on topic, I'll just hand out infractions the next time it happens, that's all. :)

Oh, and who here is excited for E3 2011? MW3 will be shown at Microsoft's conference live on xbox.com and other websites/gaming blogs. I hope they show off a gameplay trailer and tell us a lot of new information on the game.
I can't wait. I look forward to that conference. I'm thinking in addition to MW3 they'll show up other surprises. I'm curious to what they'll display out to us.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

If you like fast gun-on-gun gameplay/action. And dedicated servers.

BF3 is more team oriented. You should post in the BF3 here in the LH.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That's because he went to work on his secret project, which he confirmed today was CoD: Elite content.

He's getting paid to do it. I'd drop what I was doing on YouTube too if that was the case.

Elite is basically what you've never paid Bungie for with their Halo games on Bungie.net.

Except now MoneyVision wants you to pay them for those features.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Honestly, unless elite is a dollar a month, it definitely won't be worth it.
If I am restricted of XboxAhoy's content because I don't pay for Elite, I will rage.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, unless elite is a dollar a month, it definitely won't be worth it.
If I am restricted of XboxAhoy's content because I don't pay for Elite, I will rage.
Thanks for making me laugh with this post. It'll probably be $5 a month knowing Activision. :mad:

S

smash brawl player 99021

Summer [:
last summer i grinded all the time playing MW2...now I'll do the same thing!

*WAITS PATIENTLY FOR E3*

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm trying to play other games instead of CoD all summer. Black ops gets dreadfully boring so I'll be buying some new games today.

Probably gonna get LA Noire.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I think they might dock his pay because he didn't sound like he was gagging on elites dangley parts.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I'm trying to play other games instead of CoD all summer. Black ops gets dreadfully boring so I'll be buying some new games today.

I'd also recommend Homefront.I'm pretty sure it got a price drop and the Multiplayer's different and it's a lot of fun.A lot of people don't like the single player though.

OT i'm still not sure about this game.I'll probably buy it for the campaign and Spec ops but I doubt i'll be touching the MP much.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Summer [:
last summer i grinded all the time playing MW2...now I'll do the same thing!

*WAITS PATIENTLY FOR E3*
Me too, E3 2011 can't come soon enough. I'm hoping they'll announce a public beta at Microsoft's conference. They'll also prolly extend the 1 month timed exclusivity for the CoD map packs past 2012 for the 360.

Right there with ya!

Except for next week. I'm going to Yellowstone for vacation. About 6 days.
Have a great vacation! :)

You? Getting bored? With CoD games? What is this madness? ;)

I heard LA Noire is good, I want that game.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Bought LA Noire, but knowing me, new games don't last too long. I usually no life them until I've beaten them.

Black ops is boring unless I play with at least 2 or more other people. I wanna keep my win streak going and if we don't have at least half of a full team going then I guarantee the randoms are going to destroy it.

Anyways, in regards to MW3, I like what I'm hearing from stealth clown thus far. I'm just happy that they have at least acknowledged the problems that plagued MW2 and have chosen the correct path in fixing everything to their best ability (hopefully). Just need an entertaining, balanced CoD game....if that's possible.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I like how everyone trashes how glitchy and bad MW2 is, yet it sold so many damn copies and so many people still play it today.
Do you guys think people are going to play blackops after MW3 comes out? Hell naw.
Infinity ward made two games that will go down in history has having the best multiplayer.

With that said, how can you guys not want MW3 to be just as glitchy and unmanaged. What if they patched melee?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I like how everyone trashes how glitchy and bad MW2 is, yet it sold so many damn copies and so many people still play it today.
Do you guys think people are going to play blackops after MW3 comes out? Hell naw.
Infinity ward made two games that will go down in history has having the best multiplayer.

With that said, how can you guys not want MW3 to be just as glitchy and unmanaged. What if they patched melee?
As someone who likes BLops, it's hard to say.

I think it really depends on how well MW3 is made in comparison to MW2 and BLops.

Some people didn't like MW2, and fell back to CoD4.

Some people didn't like BLops, and went back to MW2/CoD4.

MW3 may be the same way. And BLops isn't a bad game to fall back to.

Time will tell. Too early to say right now.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
IW having 2 games that'll go down in history as having the best multiplayer?

That'll be the day the pope learns to fly.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

People still play W@W even after MW2 came out though

S

smash brawl player 99021

Too bad WaW sucks giant...

nevermind.

MW3 will probably be great at first, then the community will slowly destroy it.
like erosion. ._.

derp

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

If people still play WaW, people will definitely still play Black Ops.

Edit: So you're saying that in MW2 the Javelin glitch shouldn't have been patched? One man army noob tubes shouldn't be patched? Model 1887's should have been left the same? While one man army was never patched, javelin and models were patched, but if they weren't do you think many people would play the game?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Hype sells games. I agree with the 2nd last part of your post.

As someone who likes BLops, it's hard to say.

I think it really depends on how well MW3 is made in comparison to MW2 and BLops.

Some people didn't like MW2, and fell back to CoD4.

Some people didn't like BLops, and went back to MW2/CoD4.

MW3 may be the same way. And BLops isn't a bad game to fall back to.

Time will tell. Too early to say right now.
I'm ready to leave Blops when MW3 is released.

IW having 2 games that'll go down in history as having the best multiplayer?

That'll be the day the pope learns to fly.
Dude, stop trolling. We all know that CoD4 is the best CoD game in the series and will never be beat.

Top Bottom