• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
IW having 2 games that'll go down in history as having the best multiplayer?

That'll be the day the pope learns to fly.

It has begun...

Too bad WaW sucks giant...

nevermind.

MW3 will probably be great at first, then the community will slowly destroy it.
like erosion. ._.

derp
Yup. :-/

Still want my akimbo javelin lobby...:glare:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
People still play W@W even after MW2 came out though
Lolwut. I'm saying that Mw2 still has a constant stream of players. Supposedly, WaW has players only in the hundreds. Mw2 still pulls tens of thousands.

Too bad WaW sucks giant...
MW3 will probably be great at first, then the community will slowly destroy it.
like erosion. ._.
manparts
Agreed.

If people still play WaW, people will definitely still play Black Ops.

Edit: So you're saying that in MW2 the Javelin glitch shouldn't have been patched? One man army noob tubes shouldn't be patched? Model 1887's should have been left the same? While one man army was never patched, javelin and models were patched, but if they weren't do you think many people would play the game?
People don't play WaW. Just because it still allows people to get on its multiplayer and a few people get on it, it doesn't mean that people play it.
Those are trivial single things. Model 1887s weren't game changing, they were just frustrating. Of course they patched such a SINGLE POWERFUL GUN.
Of course we could do without OMADCNT, but it's not like it makes the game unplayable. If that were the case, then people wouldn't play the game.

Hype sells games. I agree with the 2nd last part of your post.
If hype sells games, then why did Mw2 stay at 60$ even after the price of Black Ops dropped?
I agree that it did get a huge portion of its buys from the fact that it was even released, but the fact that it is still 60$ or was 60$ at a time that a newer game in the series was released just reinforces the fact that it is, in general, a good and appealing game.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
My point is, its like you're trying to say that MW3 SHOULD be really glitchy. People liked the game because it was fun and fast paced, not because of the glitches. Also, the difference between Melee's glitches(wavedashing) and MW2's glitches were that Melee is actually a good game and wavedashing took skill and wasn't super cheap. MW2's glitches like the Javelin glitch, Model 1887's, and OMA noob tube just don't really take a whole lot of skill. Also comparing MW2 to Melee is like dragging Melee's name through the mud. MW2 is trash in comparison to Melee.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Comparing these games to Smash games never ends well.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Did people really just compare Call of Duty to Super Smash Brothers?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
MW2 > Melee :troll:
W@W > Brawl :troll:

EDIT:

So they haven't said what perks are gonna be in this game right?
Reported for trollishly trollish trolling. :mad:

I dare say Tim is trolling as well, he claims that no other game can beat CoD4, even those that haven't been made yet! Nostalgist logic at it's finest.

TRG, how about them Heat? :D

S

smash brawl player 99021

Oh!
Got him.

who's down to play MW2 tonight? :3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If hype sells games, then why did Mw2 stay at 60$ even after the price of Black Ops dropped?
I agree that it did get a huge portion of its buys from the fact that it was even released, but the fact that it is still 60$ or was 60$ at a time that a newer game in the series was released just reinforces the fact that it is, in general, a good and appealing game.
Because they can? It takes a while for highly anticipated games to drop considerably in price. I'm sure most people bought Black Ops because they were disgusted with MW2.

My point is, its like you're trying to say that MW3 SHOULD be really glitchy. People liked the game because it was fun and fast paced, not because of the glitches. Also, the difference between Melee's glitches(wavedashing) and MW2's glitches were that Melee is actually a good game and wavedashing took skill and wasn't super cheap. MW2's glitches like the Javelin glitch, Model 1887's, and OMA noob tube just don't really take a whole lot of skill. Also comparing MW2 to Melee is like dragging Melee's name through the mud. MW2 is trash in comparison to Melee.
They're both different games. It's like comparing Tetris to Halo.

Comparing these games to Smash games never ends well.
Yup.

Did people really just compare Call of Duty to Super Smash Brothers?
Yes sir.

MW2 > Melee :troll:
notsureifserious.img

W@W > Brawl :troll:

EDIT:

So they haven't said what perks are gonna be in this game right?
notsureifserious.img

CoD4 > Black Ops > MW2 > Silver Surfer on the NES > Big rigs: Over the road racing > Action 52 on the NES > Halo 3: ODST > E.T. on the Atari 2600 > CoD WaW

Nope. They have said that SP, Commando and OMA won't be returning.

Reported for trollishly trollish trolling. :mad:

I dare say Tim is trolling as well, he claims that no other game can beat CoD4, even those that haven't been made yet! Nostalgist logic at it's finest.

TRG, how about them Heat? :D
Nah. :cool:

**** the Heats

Timberwolves all the way *****es

And seriously though no confirmed perks yet?

:phone:
No.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
CoD4 > Black Ops > MW2 > Silver Surfer on the NES > Big rigs: Over the top racing > Action 52 on the NES > Halo 3: ODST > E.T. on the Atari 2600 > CoD WaW
hahahahahahaha I laughed so hard, great list.

LayinPipe

Smash Rookie
It's going to be tough for MW3 to top Battlefield 3 in quality. (It'll obviously outsell BF3, but that's besides the point.) I might get MW3 if they improve the matchmaking a bit and throw in a better competition mode.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's going to be tough for MW3 to top Battlefield 3 in quality. (It'll obviously outsell BF3, but that's besides the point.) I might get MW3 if they improve the matchmaking a bit and throw in a better competition mode.
Why is it hard for MW3 to top a game that hasn't even came out yet? Both games could very well be awful, but you're guaranteed more replay value in a CoD game.

Then again, that's subjective but probably true.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Meh, I played Bad Company 2 and its ok, its kinda slow IMO, like some games I would play and I would literally be looking around for 5 minutes and I wouldn't find a single enemy, and I wasn't camping either. I prefer Call of Duty since its more fast paced. Battlefield 3 might be good, but still I'll probably end up playing Modern Warefare 3 much more.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I better get in that. :mad:

This is just a beta for the service right? :L

S

smash brawl player 99021

Pssh, then I don't really care. I'm hoping just to get into the MW3 beta. =/

S

smash brawl player 99021

Saw AK74u, P90, G18, AA12, and MP5 in the Demo at E3

S

smash brawl player 99021

Seen a Spas, Predators, AT4, AK-47, ACOG sights, Holo, Noobtube with scope (?) and some other stuff.

You could switch between different sights like Holo/ACOG

S

smash brawl player 99021

Hope I'm not the only one using it like in MW2. :L

Top Bottom