• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yayy hutch!

also, team perks

omg this sounds like itll be much easier to demolish n00bs when youre in a full party lololol

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, team perks will work well a full party but with randoms, they'll just sit in their corners with claymores and stuff and not contribute to the team. :urg:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I do, as long as im in a full party :awesome:

but yeah the team perks makes me not wanna play this game by myself, with randoms, at all

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why? You don't have to get the subscription service. It said on the site that if you want to just play the game online you can do that for free(well unless Xbox Live Gold counts).
They will also continue to see the map packs/DLC alone. You don't have to buy the 'Elite' service to get the map packs. (They just said that if you buy this 'Elite' service, you will get the map packs for free. But the thing is how much will this whole thing cost? If it's $5 a month and map packs generally come out every 4 3-4 months, you'll be paying $15-20.)

In my opinion, 360 players should get this 'Elite' thing for free since we already pay $60 ($10 increase...) a year for XBL gold while PS3/PC players should have to pay for this. But this is Activision who we're talking about, they're gonna run the CoD series into the ground. Like Guitar Hero.

*Sigh*

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't be surprised that in future CoD games, you'd have to pay a monthly "CoD subscription fee" to play the game online.

Activision is run by the devil.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
you can still find some $50 xbox live subscriptions floating around in obscure stores

which I plan to get when this game comes out, I got my subscription when blackops came out

man activision/microsoft milking my money, a Cod game every year and subscriptions expire every years so essentially I need to pay $120 everytime I wanna play a new cod game

well played industry, well played

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
you can still find some $50 xbox live subscriptions floating around in obscure stores

which I plan to get when this game comes out, I got mine when blackops came out

man activision/microsoft milking my money, a Cod game every year and subscriptions expire every years so essentially I need to pay $120 everytime I wanna play a new cod game

well played industry, well played

Yeah, but I'm sure that the majority of XBL gold members buy their 12 month cards for full price instead of looking for cheap (deals).

I also plan on getting this game on launch day. :mad:

IMO, CoD should come out EVERY 2 years to polish things up instead of rushing and releasing a new one every freaking year. I guess ppl really need their CoD fix...

MW3 better impress me, it's their last chance.

Matt07

Smash Master
Ya I feel bad for Xbox users, having to already pay for online, AND paying for an Elite service. Activision must think money grows on trees!

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Interesting enough., Arex.
The team perk system sounds silly. I shouldn't have to depend on my team mates to have stopping power.

D

Deleted member

I doubt Team Perks will have a ton of impact on the game, as I'm sure every team will be using Stopping Power.

EDIT: Apparently Team Perks are a lie.

Matt07

Smash Master
Team Perks, and other perks are debunked, confirmed by fourtwozero's Twitter. Some of them are gonna be included, but the rest we dunno. He did say there won't be OMA, Stopping Power, or Commando.

fourzerotwo - There is no Stopping Power period. We also have no such thing as 'team perks'. All other #MW3 MP details remain undisclosed.

fourzerotwo - Lots of false #MW3 info being reported as fact. There is no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando, or Nukes. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait & see.

S

smash brawl player 99021

No SP? ****, that didn't work with Black Ops, did it?

Sad no OMA...how will I get rid of annoying kids?

How can you like Commando, Roach? That's sooooo dumb. <_>

i didn't want a bunch of asterisks in my post so

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't even know man it's the fact that I feel so naked and useless without it. I mean, a free kill per lunge?

Come on man, that's the only time I've ever been gay in a CoD game

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
At least pokemon requires thought

All I ever see in mlp is fru fru garbage <_>
Pokemon is for little kids and pedophiles obviously.

It's honestly one of the least girly shows on television, but that's debatable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AnOrDKjTwQ

I miss stopping power. It really promotes aggressive play styles.

Oh well.
I actually hate the concept of Stopping Power. I'd rather the perk system be like Battlefield's or no perks altogether. They just find a way to screw it up every time.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I think that perks should have a negative too.

For example if you have Ghost you don't have a radar, if you have Flak Jacket you can't use explosives etc.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
i used to really like Guitar Hero :( After 3 it just wasn't the same.
That's because once Guitar Hero 2 was released, Activision said, "Thanks Harmonix! GTFO. We don't need you."

And that's when Harmonix gave us Rock Band, the superior game series. :D

I wouldn't be surprised that in future CoD games, you'd have to pay a monthly "CoD subscription fee" to play the game online.

Activision is run by the devil.
QFT

Damn it mad mlp sucks

Don't hate until you watch it.

No SP? ****, that didn't work with Black Ops, did it?

Sad no OMA...how will I get rid of annoying kids?

How can you like Commando, Roach? That's sooooo dumb. <_>

i didn't want a bunch of asterisks in my post so
I'm hoping there will be balance if there is no SP. Personally, I like no SP, but there needs to be a balance. There needs to be a BIG trade off if you're using 'ghost' or something.

Death to Commando (perk).

That'd be different if it was actually true, go play Pokemon yo. :cool:

Agreed, I'm glad it was debunked.

Pokemon is for little kids and pedophiles obviously.

It's honestly one of the least girly shows on television, but that's debatable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AnOrDKjTwQ

I actually hate the concept of Stopping Power. I'd rather the perk system be like Battlefield's or no perks altogether. They just find a way to screw it up every time.
I play pokemon.:glare:

Agree with the no perk system. I love barebones. I tend to do a lot better there (at least in MW2)

I think that perks should have a negative too.

For example if you have Ghost you don't have a radar, if you have Flak Jacket you can't use explosives etc.

Hmmm... I like this actually. :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
They should have a special playlist where you play for fun. Your stats aren't recorded after the game and all the stupid stuff is removed. Gun on gun action!

But people would probably still camp.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Don't hate until you watch it.
I have though. About 5 episodes. And theyre all the ones that people say are good

God man when I read the plot it looks good but then when I actually watch the show all I see is fru fru crap that only vaguely resembles whatever I read

And so many of the characters are so annoying like that pink one that sings or the cowboy one. The only ones I actually don't hate is the main character and the quiet one just because they're not annoying like the rest of them

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Honestly, O D I N/Mad, it doesn't matter how awesome Ponies are or will ever be. I respect them for what they are. But....
This is the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 thread, so keep the Ponies in the pony thread. I don't give a **** if it is an entire pony video dubbed to MW3 music. I don't give a **** if it is 10 minutes of gameplay from Mw3 with one pony that runs across the screen.
Pony thread.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Honestly, O D I N/Mad, it doesn't matter how awesome Ponies are or will ever be. I respect them for what they are. But....
This is the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 thread, so keep the Ponies in the pony thread. I don't give a **** if it is an entire pony video dubbed to MW3 music. I don't give a **** if it is 10 minutes of gameplay from Mw3 with one pony that runs across the screen.
Pony thread.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
See, now here's the thing though. I was able to have multiple conversations while in the MW3 thread. I remained on topic while still having a side conversation after I posted a relevant video. I don't give a **** in general, tighten up, little *** *****.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Instead of telling you guys to get back on topic, I'll just hand out infractions the next time it happens, that's all. :)

Oh, and who here is excited for E3 2011? MW3 will be shown at Microsoft's conference live on xbox.com and other websites/gaming blogs. I hope they show off a gameplay trailer and tell us a lot of new information on the game.

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm super excited for E3, probably just going to watch Nintendo's conference.

More MW3 news/trailers would be awesome too.

Top Bottom