• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Single player co-op is an oxymoron, Tim. I think you mean co-op campaign. ;)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I am. I loved it in MW2. All they really need to do to improve the mode is to add a checkpoint in the middle or something. Gets annoying trying to help a friend beat 'Wetworks' (final spec ops mission in MW2) on veteran difficulty and failing and then having to spend another 30 minutes doing the whole damn thing over again...:mad:

Matt07

Smash Master
I am. I loved it in MW2. All they really need to do to improve the mode is to add a checkpoint in the middle or something. Gets annoying trying to help a friend beat 'Wetworks' (final spec ops mission in MW2) on veteran difficulty and failing and then having to spend another 30 minutes doing the whole damn thing over again...:mad:
Exactly how I feel about Spec Ops. Snatch & Grab Solo=Insanely Difficult.

:phone:

S

smash brawl player 99021

So much hype for this game.

My only hope is that they remove the nuke and bring back Riot Shields and Jav's! :D

D

Deleted member

I agree as well. The Javelin is perhaps MW2's greatest feature.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was wrong...;-;

Call of Duty Elite is the paid 'digital platform' from Beachhead Studios, built for MW3

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/30/call-of-duty-elite/

Activision hasn't yet pinned down a price point, though it does expect the cost to be less than comparable "online-entertainment services" like the $8/month Netflix. Part of that fee will go towards a "customer-service operation that will be needed to support it." It will also include the year's map packs, which cost $15 each, taking some of the sting out of any annual charge.
DO. NOT. WANT.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wait I don't get it. We have to pay extra? Or is it optional? And what does it entail.
Optional. You get extra stuff like:

Elite will be a paid service though "portions of the service will be free" including a Facebook-inspired Groups feature.

Other features of the service include the Bungie Pro-like ability to display stats to analyze player performance, "gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies."

It will also include the year's map packs, which cost $15 each, taking some of the sting out of any annual charge.

D

Deleted member

As long as it gives no advantages in actual gameplay, I really don't care.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
"Other features of the service include the Bungie Pro-like ability to display stats to analyze player performance, "gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies.""

...So, it's basically the Combat Record from Black Ops, only, you have to pay for it? ARE THEY ****ING STUPID?

Grandeza

Smash Master
Same here. I had to sign up for almost everything with a fake age. In fact i even had to sign up with a fake age for smashboards. You had to be 13 or something to sign up without parental consent and I happened to be 11(or maybe I just turned 12)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: MW3 gets Team Perks, new killstreaks, loses Tactical Nuke

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/01/rumor-mw3-gets-team-perks-new-killstreaks-loses-tactical-nuke/

http://kotaku.com/5805959/the-modern-warfare-3-files-team-perks-no-nukes-new-killstreaks

it's worth pointing out that, according to this report, a Zombies mode will not make an appearance in MW3; the Treyarch-developed mode has so far only appeared in its own Call of Duty offerings and that trend will continue.

More importantly for the game's dedicated multiplayer ... err, players, comes the first rumors of the game's killstreaks and perks, both of which are reported to be getting tweaked by co-devs Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games. Most MW2 players will be happy to learn that the Tactical Nuke killstreak that rewarded 25 consecutive kills with oblivion (and the end of the match) has been nuked. New killstreaks include a remote-controlled helicopter, a remote turret, an EMP grenade, and more.

The most notable scuttlebutt is the addition of "Team Perks," which are – as you no doubt have already deduced – perks that your entire team works to unlock.

Rumored team perks include Stopping Power, which dishes out increased bullet damage; Stun Protection, which prevents your team from being stunned by flash grenades; Health Regen, which regenerates your team's health over time; and Blast Shield, which isn't clear.

New non-team perks for MW3 include Blind Eye, which makes you "immune to computer-controlled and player-controlled killstreaks"; Assassin makes you "immune to UAV, thermal, and heartbeat sensors"; Point Guard, which counts every two assists as a kill, helping less lethal players still earn killstreaks; Dead Silence, which makes you dead silent (duh); and Recon, which is still unclear.
For some reason at the end of one of the articles, it says that MW3 won't have dedicated servers. I read a tweet from fourzerotwo that the game will. :confused:

^
Source:

http://project.na.tl/mw3-dedi/

"@fourzerotwo Aaaand, if I was a betting man, would it be lucrative to place money on dedi servers for console this go around? – by @z0mgItsHutch"

"@z0mgItsHutch Of course, you can also come over to the studio when I’m back in the states for lunch and a chat. - by @fourzerotwo"

Top Bottom