• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

D

Deleted member

Hopefully this "premium content" turns out to be customization options. If it's actual stuff that affects gameplay I will not be pleased. I've always been against charging money for stuff that should've come with the game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It is confirmed that Activi$ion is charging for premium content. Not too sure what it is, but meh...

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/...d-will-have-premium-online-features-20110510/
It's for the CoD game after MW3 which this company named 'Beachhead' is working on.

And in one fell swoop, Craptivision and Bobby go...yeah... have made my desire to get this game PLUMMET.
Read my previous quote. I suggest you fully read the article before jumping to conclusions.

Hopefully this "premium content" turns out to be customization options. If it's actual stuff that affects gameplay I will not be pleased. I've always been against charging money for stuff that should've come with the game.
I'm jumping the CoD ship after MW3 anyways.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It's for the CoD game after MW3 which this company named 'Beachhead' is working on.

Read my previous quote. I suggest you fully read the article before jumping to conclusions.

I'm jumping the CoD ship after MW3 anyways.

The next COD game is set to be revealed within the coming weeks and is expected to put a much bigger emphasis on online features and social interaction. The developer behind the game is called Beachhead and has been working on the title under a veil of mystery alongside a new Activision business unit put in place to push these new premium features.
I did read the article. Article was dated 5/10. Seeing as how it was JUST revealed, a few weeks later from that posting, I won't be surprised if it is MW3.

They don't MENTION MW3 specifically, just Beachhead and new title blah blah blah.

Personally, it's a website I wouldn't go to. So the article could be fishy anyway.

It's too early to argue. Stupid work... Be home after 3.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Right, and Beachhead isn't working on MW3, all this 'premium content' talk is for a FUTURE CoD game, NOT MW3.

If it makes you guys feel any better, IW and Treyarch have said that they will NEVER charge for us to play their games online.

Anyways, I'm more than excited for MW3 now, the game is going to be supported/patched and will also be running on dedicated servers! Most console games (the first game which comes to mind that has dedicated servers on the consoles would be BFBC2) are 'P2P' (peer-to-peer) which means that you're at the mercy of the host's connection.

Now all we need is a public beta announcement at E3. :awesome:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
does that mean it doesnt matter as much that i have a walmart connection
If memory serves me correctly: It'll be you lagging instead of everyone. All dedicated servers are is a strong, reliable host. If your connection to the server sucks, you'll still lag just as if you had a weak connection to a host in previous games.

That's good about no more dashboarding. No more weak players abusing the system to inflate their stats, and more importantly, no more connection interrupted.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
What?! How is this a bad thing that they have dedicated servers?
I'm happy about the dedicated servers. I was just making a joke about how I used to dashboard. it didn't matter if you were host or not to avoid that game affecting your stats. The only time the game would disconnect is when the person dashboarding was host.

So I just learned this Warthog aircraft being talked about is also known as the A-10 Thunderbolt.

Don't worry Leeroy, we got this.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh man WW3

Oh man dedicated servers

Oh **** premium content

If this means I have to PAY for the online, I will never buy another product from these people again since THIS IS IS STUFF THAT'S SUPPOSED TO COME WITH THE GAME

Aside from that it looks nice

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm happy about the dedicated servers. I was just making a joke about how I used to dashboard. it didn't matter if you were host or not to avoid that game affecting your stats. The only time the game would disconnect is when the person dashboarding was host.

So I just learned this Warthog aircraft being talked about is also known as the A-10 Thunderbolt.

Don't worry Leeroy, we got this.
There's some sort of "Thunder" reference in every CoD game isn't there, :p

And since we already pay for XBL we shouldn't need to pay for more stuff I don't need or care about. @_@

S

smash brawl player 99021

There's that title and the actual Killstreak in Blops...
what an awful game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If memory serves me correctly: It'll be you lagging instead of everyone. All dedicated servers are is a strong, reliable host. If your connection to the server sucks, you'll still lag just as if you had a weak connection to a host in previous games.

That's good about no more dashboarding. No more weak players abusing the system to inflate their stats, and more importantly, no more connection interrupted.
Yes, that is correct. You will no longer be able to drag down other players with your walmart connection.

Yup! It's hilarious to know that some people actually care about a number in a video game. :laugh:

Oh man WW3

Oh man dedicated servers

Oh **** premium content

If this means I have to PAY for the online, I will never buy another product from these people again since THIS IS IS STUFF THAT'S SUPPOSED TO COME WITH THE GAME

Aside from that it looks nice
Did you read my previous post? I said that "Infinity Ward and Treyarch have confirmed that you will never have to pay to play their games online."

The whole 'premium content' talk is for a future CoD game which a company called 'Beachhead' is working on for Activision. I am not buying another CoD game after MW3 anyways so idgaf.

There's some sort of "Thunder" reference in every CoD game isn't there, :p

And since we already pay for XBL we shouldn't need to pay for more stuff I don't need or care about. @_@
Trust me, there are a lot of idiots out where who will buy stuff like special skins/costumes/other useless crap with their money. :urg:

S

smash brawl player 99021

No more ODIN dashboarding? That's a shame. Some people don't deserve XP >:3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Co-op has been confirmed for the campaign, this game is sounding better and better every day. Now we all need for them to announce is the return of split-screen online, an improved theatre system and a public beta then all my requests have been fulfilled. I hope it's not crap like W@W's co-op. (The split-screen was all messed up.)

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/5916/mw3-co-op-campaign-confirmed

Infinity Ward has confirmed that Modern Warfare 3's campaign mode will feature two-player co-op.

During the session, Sledgehammer’s VP & general manager Glen Schofield confirmed that the core campaign would feature two-player co-op.

“Single player is just one aspect.” Scofield explained, “The single player campaign is just one aspect of the much, much larger game of Modern Warfare 3.”
“Aside from the campaign we have Spec Ops, two-player co-op which we’re going to bring back to Modern Warfare 3 in a very big way, and of course multiplayer, which is just amazing in itself.”
:awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
split screen online please

more n00bs to own :troll:
Agreed.

We can all safely assume that the co-op can be played offline via split-screen or online via XBL/PSN. Too bad it isn't 4 player co-op like the Halo series or the upcoming Gears of War 3. Still, this is the first time an IW game will have co-op in it. (I don't count 'spec ops' from MW2 or the second wiimote thing from the Wii version of CoD4 as 'co-op'. Not like IW ported that version anyways...)

EDIT: They showed off a demo of the game to the press recently, read out it here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...arfare-3-Preview-–-Deadfest-at-Tiffany’s.html
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/26/modern-warfare-3-preview-two-heads-are-better-than-one/
http://ca.kotaku.com/5804557/modern-warfare-3-in-action-leaves-us-wanting-but-what

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
From the first article:

...but they’d also included a few new weapons – one acting like a grenade launcher of sorts with huge explosions, even bigger splash damage and high-velocity projectiles that rarely show any signs of slowing down or dipping below their original trajectory.
I told you my body is ready. BRING IT ON!!!!!

Anyway, does the gun in the first pic in the first article look like a fal to anyone else? And oh hey, it has a noobtube on it too......

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lol I'm not asking for them to be removed or anything. Just felt like pointing out a description of an explosion-based weapon they mentioned.

Regardless, the level of my body being prepared is unmatched.

Even better if Flak Jacket/similar perk makes a return.

But I will be pleased with the normal throwing range of grenades. (hay gais let's throw crumpled-up paper balls like in black ops :awesome:)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
A perk to reduce the damage from explosives will most likely return in MW3. But probably by a different name since IW never copies from Treyarch. It's always the opposite way around.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Well what do you think will happen with the equipment system? Black ops changed it around a bit, allowing you to have both a lethal grenade slot and an equipment slot.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well what do you think will happen with the equipment system? Black ops changed it around a bit, allowing you to have both a lethal grenade slot and an equipment slot.
It'll probably be similar to Black Ops, all we can safety assume is that claymores and C4 will make a return with a whole slew of new gizmos and gadgets for us to use. :bee:

S

smash brawl player 99021

I hope frags are able to be thrown across a football field again. :trollface:

(Seriously)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
EMP is a 9 killstreak, chopper gunner is a 15 killstreak, and some of the 9 killstreaks in general are pavelow, EMP, emergency airdrop, fire scout (Attack chopper + UAV). There's a perk that blocks the enemy killcam. Each perk has 3 tiers, normal, pro and pro pro or something like that. There's also going to be a killstreak that disables enemy teams perks for 30 seconds (nuclear EMP at 18 killstreak).

Saw this from a twitter. Apparently some of the big name youtubers have seen full perk/killstreak lists.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Don't forget the AC-130! (Hopefully, don't see why they'd only have it in the single player and not the MP.)

S

smash brawl player 99021

EMP is a 9 killstreak, chopper gunner is a 15 killstreak, and some of the 9 killstreaks in general are pavelow, EMP, emergency airdrop, fire scout (Attack chopper + UAV). There's a perk that blocks the enemy killcam. Each perk has 3 tiers, normal, pro and pro pro or something like that. There's also going to be a killstreak that disables enemy teams perks for 30 seconds (nuclear EMP at 18 killstreak).

Saw this from a twitter. Apparently some of the big name youtubers have seen full perk/killstreak lists.
Lemme address some of these in order...

EMP at 9 is gonna be awesome.

CG at 15, whatevs.
Fire Scout sounds ****.

Perk blocking Killcam? Dumb...
Propropropropropropropanepro?

No enemy perks? Cool beans. NO NUKE PLOX. =<

Matt07

Smash Master
I hope they keep the same challenge system as MW2's, I wasn't really a fan of Black Ops system.

*Shrug.*

Also have Marathon already include Unlimited Sprint please :p.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Deltacod's KS setup:

UAV > CUAV/SAM Turret Equivalent > EMP

Aw yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Top Bottom