• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to get the game until Friday, guys. :(

Too much work to do this week. College is srs bizns.
that's too bad, man. I'm a comp sci major, and we never get jack **** for homework. Maybe you should change majors. The computer science department here is a bunch of lazy gamers like me lol

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Idk, there may be more UAV's but from what I hear shooting them down counts towards your streak, so people will be more encouraged to shoot them down.
Nah, bad kids will still be bad and will just not shoot stuff down. You might see a slight increase, but probably nothing serious.

What is the big deal with more quickscopers? Is the claim that sniping is so good in MW3 it's better than using an automatic? I really doubt that this is the case. People complain about it in MW2 and sure it's not so hard to quicksope in that game, but it's sure as hell a lot harder to do than using an UMP. Quickscopers just means more easy kills on kids who think they're good cause the can no scope across the map. I don't see the big deal. I don't mean this in a hostile way, I actually want someone to explain to me the big deal.
So, an easy to use one hit KO to the pinky toe mini laser canon isn't stupid?

Snipers are pretty ridiculous when you realize they're theoretically the best mid range weapon (quickscoping) and long range weapon (normal sniping). Hell, they're even somewhat effective at close range with quickscoping.

This theoretical superiority become even MORE prevalent when you realize that Quickscoping has been made EASY to do. Now anyone and their mother can use a mini cannon.

I think Black Ops had sniping right. Quickscoping was possible, but difficult, and still required a high degree of accuracy to be effective (really, you pretty much had to hit chest or up, and still had to deal with hitting the person's arm/gun in the way causing a hitmarker). Good players still had access to it, but there's no way it could be prevalent. In fact, there's no reason for Snipers in general to be overly effective at mid/close range, which is why quickscoping is dumb.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
IMO, drop out of college. :awesome:
Then I won't have a TV to play my Xbox on. :(

that's too bad, man. I'm a comp sci major, and we never get jack **** for homework. Maybe you should change majors. The computer science department here is a bunch of lazy gamers like me lol

Haha lucky you. This is what I get for being a Bio major I guess, and I'm only a Freshman. I've already accepted that I won't have a life outside of school in about 2 years. :z

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wonder if you'll be able to upload full games from theatre mode? Consoles are fully capable of doing so.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh. Trickshotting.

AND ODIN DID LOOK UPON THE SILLY NOOBS, AND SAID, "YOU GUYS LOOK ****ING STUPID. KNOCK THAT **** OFF RIGHT ****ING NOW. JESUS." AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING.

Yay. /waves flags

In regards to montages, the only thing I like in montages are a collection of kills that look cool. Not this spin around bull****. With what I intended to do with mine, was just something I wanted to share. A, "hey, look at these cool kills I did SANS LOOKING LIKE A ****ING IDIOT", video.

In other news, I got my new computer today. I'm hoping I can get some sort of capture card/device/software stuff for it eventually. Need to get a monitor too.

And hopefully my MW3 will arrive sooner than later so I can **** nooblet face with you guys.

SOON MY BROTHERS. SOON.

Also, I will hopefully be making a group soon called:

Big Boss's Booster Busting Battalion

:mad: I hate boosters. Banjo should know what I'm talking about.

/rant

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Im getting this at target so I wont get it till they open in the morning. people better still be playing then =(

also zlippy how the ef do you not have alot of work, a couple of my friends are CS majors and they get buttraped by projects

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I have the same shirt too!

This one?

NOOOO I have the other version. There is no weird dude in the background of my shirt. But we're still the coolest dudes on the block nonetheless. :cool:

Nah, bad kids will still be bad and will just not shoot stuff down. You might see a slight increase, but probably nothing serious.

So, an easy to use one hit KO to the pinky toe mini laser canon isn't stupid?

Snipers are pretty ridiculous when you realize they're theoretically the best mid range weapon (quickscoping) and long range weapon (normal sniping). Hell, they're even somewhat effective at close range with quickscoping.

This theoretical superiority become even MORE prevalent when you realize that Quickscoping has been made EASY to do. Now anyone and their mother can use a mini cannon.

I think Black Ops had sniping right. Quickscoping was possible, but difficult, and still required a high degree of accuracy to be effective (really, you pretty much had to hit chest or up, and still had to deal with hitting the person's arm/gun in the way causing a hitmarker). Good players still had access to it, but there's no way it could be prevalent. In fact, there's no reason for Snipers in general to be overly effective at mid/close range, which is why quickscoping is dumb.

With this I must agree. Black Ops sniping was pretty damn close to perfect. Sure, there was the occasional trickshotter/quickscoper, but his score reflected his strategy. It was nigh on impossible to get kills with any of the low level snipers as well, which meant low level kids never touched it.

But I think the most important part of Black Ops sniping was what it actually forced snipers to do. 9/10 times I saw a sniper, he was using ghost in the back of the map, picking off dumb kids who would be stupid enough to run out in the middle of the map. Granted, I normally dislike campy ghost kids, but TBH that is what sniping SHOULD be. Long range, covering wide open spaces. Doesn't that sound a lot closer to real warfare, Infinity Ward?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've extended my range out to the wider people from my town on my friends list and still I only know 1 person who is getting this game.

The closer we get to this game the more I resent it. Every once in a while I hear something I like, such as shooting down UAV's counts as a point, but then I see things like quickscoping and wonder why BLops got so much hate compared to MW2.

As of right now this isn't a midnight pick up for me. Might change on Tuesday seeing as though I have no work on Wed, but right now I think I can wait till the morn.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I've extended my range out to the wider people from my town on my friends list and still I only know 1 person who is getting this game.

The closer we get to this game the more I resent it. Every once in a while I hear something I like, such as shooting down UAV's counts as a point, but then I see things like quickscoping and wonder why BLops got so much hate compared to MW2.

As of right now this isn't a midnight pick up for me. Might change on Tuesday seeing as though I have no work on Wed, but right now I think I can wait till the morn.
Team swf? o.o

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Team swf? o.o
He meant people he knows in real life that's getting the game. And also I still don't understand why people complained about quickscoping being nerfed in black ops, it made the game better imo and I wish that nerf would have stayed like that for mw3, oh well I'll just have to jump shot and drop shot snipers now.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So, I thought of a way to go to midnight release and play for a decent amount of time while also not skipping school.

I'll either sleep in tomorrow or not, since I still have to do a rough draft for tuesday. By doing this, I'll go to the midnight release, then play for like 7 hours and then leave for classes around 7:30am.

Also I'm gonna record the first few games with all of the swf people for some epic early game shenanigans we can put on the team channel :D

Oh yea, when should I go to gamestop so that I don't have to wait in a ridiculous line? 2 hours doesn't seem like enough but something like 3 hours early seems like too much for me. Then again, I can just sit there in the line with my laptop typing up some of my paper...........

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
That seems kinda akward.........

I mean, you'll be the only teenager/adult there, since it will consist of all those 8 year olds with their mommies :troll:

Don't worry you got this

Top Bottom