• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Okay. There's two things I hate in these games: stealth perks and sniping. Of course, both of those are back and better than ever in this game. No, I don't think I deserve to see the entire enemy team by getting a 2 killstreak UAV with hardline, but I do think I deserve to see more than 1 dot in a groundwar game with 9 people. It's getting ridiculous now, these games aren't supposed to be about stealth.

The second thing is quickscoping. Just wow. I complained a lot about that in MW2, but this game? Hello broken controllers.

I've decided against writing a wall of text complaining about how stupid sniping is in this game, so I'll refrain from doing so. All I'm going to say is it's stupidly overpowered and needs to be fixed. I was worried about this happening in the first place. Getting killed by one shot to the leg is not balanced.
how are you playing this, clone?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Got to play this with a friend who got it early. If you guys don't like UAV, then you better hope level 27 comes fast, because you're in for a surprise.

Also, if you absolutely hate snipers like I do and wish they would all die in a fire, then you're also in for a surprise!

It's better than MW2, at least.
This, how'd your friend get it early anyways?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
He's like best friends with somebody at gamestop. He lives in the dorms where I go to school, so it's about a minute away. I've only played for like an hour but I can see the problems already.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Everybody, cross your fingers this whole quick-patch thing is for realzies. Otherwise, bricks will be hurled through windows all across the world.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
People get games early aaaaaaaaaall the time.

Stores usually get the stocks at least a week before the release date.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh god Spelt I thought Tokyo was going to post about the economy in this thread.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Not going to lie, the whole "making said game available early" is pretty much the same as a pseudo-beta. It's a way for people to know what to expect before even entering. I have no problem with is, as long as people don't get a big **** about it and think they're hot ****.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Dude, you're so butthurt about them making money off of their game it's insane. Do you care at all about the game or do you just come on here to whine about how they make money for doing their jobs right? They don't give a flying **** about what you think in regards to how they make money, nor do I.
"Butthurt"

"Don't give a flying **** about what you think"

Oh the irony.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
"Butthurt"

"Don't give a flying **** about what you think"

Oh the irony.
"Sawed off isn't overpowered"

*rages about sawed off in game and calls enemy team cowards*

Oh the irony.

Back on topic, I don't like how they gave the stun/flash the same throwing animation. That also makes flashbangs more useful if you use quickdraw. Flashbangs > stuns in terms of effect.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

Oh the irony.

Back on topic, I don't like how they gave the stun/flash the same throwing animation. That also makes flashbangs more useful if you use quickdraw. Flashbangs > stuns in terms of effect.
When do I rage about the SO in game?

I call people cowards when they run away which Gnasher users do just as much and point out they'll switch to their Lancer out of fear. Gnasher users don't beat me, so they run away. In fact I mostly revel in enjoyment when someone rushes me with a SO, it's a free kill for me.

S

smash brawl player 99021

When do I rage about the SO in game?

I call people cowards when they run away which Gnasher users do just as much and point out they'll switch to their Lancer out of fear. Gnasher users don't beat me, so they run away. In fact I mostly revel in enjoyment when someone rushes me with a SO, it's a free kill for me.
Wait, is this the Gears thread?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Games should always get critisism, especially on a forum, because looking at them with rose tinted glasses isn't a good thing.

Plus from what I've seen he's just slagging off the game, there's no reason to take it personally, let him express what he thinks he's not harming anyone.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Oh the irony.

That sucks, why would they do that? Guess I'd better start using them in this game.

Also, get back on topic guys.

If you don't like this game, then don't post in this thread.

:phone:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We don't yell at you because you don't call mw3 awesome.We yell at you because ALL you do is ***** and point out the negatives
My god you're like the walking definition of irony.

Remember posting this?

Haha. Just because you enjoy something doesn't make it awesome.
Snipers are the worst part about this game. It's ridiculous how op they are.

This game will make me rage so much.
Yeaaaaahh...

iwishtherewasaninfractionforstupidity and other overused forum cliches.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We posted at almost the exact same time, sorry. >_>

Snipers are fun.
I'd main them if I cared about FPS'

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Games should always get critisism, especially on a forum, because looking at them with rose tinted glasses isn't a good thing.

Plus from what I've seen he's just slagging off the game, there's no reason to take it personally, let him express what he thinks he's not harming anyone.
Yeah, but he hasn't said one positive thing about the game. He's not even buying the game and he's still complaining about it. And I'll admit, MW3 isn't perfect, but then again no game is perfect. But you don't see me going into other threads of games I don't like and *****ing about it like Zajice does.

Edit: Back on topic, Snipers may be op, but I still think there will be ways around it, plus they could get patched.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I didn't know this game was out, look at all the criticism.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, but he hasn't said one positive thing about the game. He's not even buying the game and he's still complaining about it. And I'll admit, MW3 isn't perfect, but then again no game is perfect. But you don't see me going into other threads of games I don't like and *****ing about it like Zajice does.
I've been trying to ignore remarks like this but it's not working. So here goes. Considering I'm the one getting mauled here, I think I'm at least entitled to a response.

Call of Duty is popular FPS for good reason. It's a good series (when it's not rehashing too much). It has to be in order to garner the amount of attention it gets. I own (or used to own) several in the series, cause it is a perfectly solid FPS. I even talked about playing black ops like 10 posts ago.

You're misinterpreting everything I say as hate for the actual game itself, which I have no problem with. If presented with opportunity, I'd play somebody else's MW3 if I felt like shooting people in the head. If I somehow ended up with a copy as a gift, I'd probably stick it in my xbawks.

My disdain is for the company itself and the tactics it employs, and the only reason I don't want to buy it or any DLC/premium stuff they have is because I'd be directly supporting them. I have never once mentioned actually hating the game or the series itself. I just don't like what they're doing with it.

Quite honestly, I don't believe I'm deserving of the bashing I get in here. I've been pretty damn civil in this thread, with only my initial outburst being an outlier of that (which I apologize for, and I haven't let happen again). The worst I've done is make a snide remark here and there, and then I'm met with a bunch of jerk responses like the ones I get from you or BKP because none of you can take a joke or get super offended that somebody might not think this game is god's gift to man.

I haven't directly attacked any of you. I've done nothing but express my opinion, and I've done it without attacking anyone in this thread. Yet because of my opinion, an opinion I'm not even being hostile with, I've been called a plethora of names, cussed out, and attacked countless times.

I'm in here to discuss the game, regardless of whether or not I actually plan on getting it. I don't have to preach it's amazingness to talk about it. Saying I'm not allowed to because you don't agree with what I have to say is idiotic and close-minded.

Now I'd appreciate it if you'd all stop being ***holes to me when I haven't been an ***hole to any of you.

Feel free to infract me for this post. I said what I wanted to say, and **** all if I get infracted for defending myself.

Top Bottom