• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm noticing a lack of Marathon...

Unless it's unlimited sprint? I really hope that Overkill is true. But why would the 2nd primary be the only one with two attachments? And Hardline Pro sounds a little broken.

Calling it now:

Recon Pro
+
Hardline Pro
+
Ninja
=
BROKEN CAMPING.

All you have to do is hit the guy once, and sit back for your Kill/point streaks.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Nothing has been confirmed yet, so take any 'leaked/official' lists or videos on the Internet with a grain of salt. Some YT commentators are just trying to get free likes/views on their videos with a list which was given to them by a 'reliable' source.

We will know more next month.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yeah, I saw that list earlier today before it got taken down, but I'm not believing anything until it's been confirmed by the man himself. People are also saying there are death streaks and such, even when 402 confirmed there won't be death streaks a while ago. It's all a bunch of bull**** unless 402 confirms it.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, I hope so F8AL. For theory-crafting purposes I think Recon, Assasin, and Ninja seems like a very good combo. Assasin has WAY too many mods, immune to 4 things :S. But again, it's probably a rumour.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
But if that list is official, then I'm happy with how they split up SoH's attributes. SoH is the same but the Pro version is Scout Pro and they made a new perk (Quickdraw) for the faster ADS.

Same with Cold Blooded, they made one perk for being undetectable by air support and one perk for being undetectable by UAV.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I doubt he's looking for more views really. WoodysGamertag is a guy with a family in his 30's, not some whiney 16 year old kid.

But yeah that was the perk list he showed, and suspiciously that video got copyrighted by Activision yet countless other "real" perk lists haven't been touched.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I doubt he's looking for more views really. WoodysGamertag is a guy with a family in his 30's, not some whiney 16 year old kid.

But yeah that was the perk list he showed, and suspiciously that video got copyrighted by Activision yet countless other "real" perk lists haven't been touched.
Activision has every right to remove any video containing Call of Duty footage in them at their discretion. They're simplying exercising this right. I hope you guys aren't this gullible.

Wait 3 weeks for CoD XP, then come back to me.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That sounds like a pretty weak argument seeing as though he's a paid and supported CoD commentator. Out of all his videos they decided to copyright just that one.

There was nothing stopping them copyrighting all his other ones that they clearly must've seen when they were on his channel. Plus he's pretty well known. Heck I barely go on YouTube yet even I've heard of him.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I hate getting CoD XP details.

They get to play TWO MONTHS before everyone else?

No fair. l:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wow that's pretty dumb. Now we have to deal with host dashboarding and **** like that again. I really hope this game is better than Black ops and MW2.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't think I'll be buying this or BF3.

I realized shooters just make me angry because all of them for the past 5 years have all been kinda stupid/broken.

Is it REALLY that hard to make a balanced and fun shooter?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I don't think I'll be buying this or BF3.

I realized shooters just make me angry because all of them for the past 5 years have all been kinda stupid/broken.

Is it REALLY that hard to make a balanced and fun shooter?
Black Ops is relatively balanced outside of like, the FAMAS. Hence why it's my favorite shooter to date.

I actually got into a CoD discussion with a fellow drummer today and although he wasn't big on Black Ops, he agreed that MW2 was broken as ****. Especially when my first argument was "OMA DC Noob tube lolololololol"

He's currently one of my favorite freshmen, lol. And I've only known him for like, 4 days.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I hate being the bearer of bad news but...

The console versions of MW3 will not be getting dedicated servers...

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/106404062869725184

Even tho certain games (i.e. BFBC2) have dedicated servers on both the PC and consoles...

I'm VERY disappointed in IW/Activision.
What the **** man? Are these people stupid or something? Why the hell is it that the game with one of the most demanding precise movements in any video game genre doesn't get dedicated servers. Literally a person could be one bullet away from killing someone but due to a crappy connection the person doesn't get the kill because the bullets just go right on through. I am goddamn tired of dying behind corners. I don't want to be in prone position behind a thick crate in the corner of a building dead because the person fired his gun like 20 feet to my left. It doesn't ****ing work that way. If I could actually pull any of that off in real life I'd be winning every one of the world's wars. This is stupid, other companies like Epic realize this, yet bigger more successful companies like Craptivision refuse to understand this and instead keep trying to give the gamer the lower end of the deal for the 70$ the person spent on the game. They should already be ****ing happy we're buying the game in the first place instead of trying to give us teh worst end of the bargain on everything because it'll save them money.

I swear to God this is my last chance on CoD. If it doesn't deliver I'm out. If it makes a good job on making the connection issues as unnoticeable as possible, I might be tempted to buy Black ***** 2 or MW4. If this game ends up being as horrid as Black ***** is, they aren't going to dime me and my wallet out anymore. I just wish my decision actually made an impact on the billions of dollars they make every day though. Stupid 12 year olds don't know **** about the game and still keep on buying it convinced that CoD is the most perfect series that has ever come out in the history of ever because of quickscoping and noob toobing

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I feel a disturbance in the salt.
No but really, I agree. Dedicated servers would resolve almost every issue.
Host advantage is often ignored, but it can make a huge difference
coughf8alcough

S

smash brawl player 99021

What the **** man? Are these people stupid or something? Why the hell is it that the game with one of the most demanding precise movements in any video game genre doesn't get dedicated servers. Literally a person could be one bullet away from killing someone but due to a crappy connection the person doesn't get the kill because the bullets just go right on through. I am goddamn tired of dying behind corners. I don't want to be in prone position behind a thick crate in the corner of a building dead because the person fired his gun like 20 feet to my left. It doesn't ****ing work that way. If I could actually pull any of that off in real life I'd be winning every one of the world's wars. This is stupid, other companies like Epic realize this, yet bigger more successful companies like Craptivision refuse to understand this and instead keep trying to give the gamer the lower end of the deal for the 70$ the person spent on the game. They should already be ****ing happy we're buying the game in the first place instead of trying to give us teh worst end of the bargain on everything because it'll save them money.

I swear to God this is my last chance on CoD. If it doesn't deliver I'm out. If it makes a good job on making the connection issues as unnoticeable as possible, I might be tempted to buy Black ***** 2 or MW4. If this game ends up being as horrid as Black ***** is, they aren't going to dime me and my wallet out anymore. I just wish my decision actually made an impact on the billions of dollars they make every day though. Stupid 12 year olds don't know **** about the game and still keep on buying it convinced that CoD is the most perfect series that has ever come out in the history of ever because of quickscoping and noob toobing
Back to my ignore list.
Anyway, it's not that big a deal. Just something else for ODIN to complain about ;)))

jaykay

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
coughf8alcough
I can't help it if I have a superior connection to everyone here and am host 95% of the time. :)

Oh, and I found some leaked MW3 spec ops/survival mode videos showing off the gameplay, take a look at them before they get removed! (They are not the best quality but...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLgaMJE5fNk&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4iiWnT3sO4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgMMLy61Uwk&feature=channel_video_title

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
coughf8alcough
Me salty? Whoa this is coming from you this is amazing

Back to my ignore list.
Anyway, it's not that big a deal. Just something else for ODIN to complain about ;)))

jaykay

That's another one for the books!

Tried taking him off my ignore list,thinking how much worse could it have gotten.

Nope. Not worth it. (returns badkid to ignore list)
And strike three and I'm ooooooout of here!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: Modern Warfare 3 will host 32-player matches, new Bomb mode

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/29/rumor-modern-warfare-3-will-host-32-player-matches-new-bomb-mo/

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 might offer 32-player matches, which would be on a larger scale than the series has yet offered. 13 map names were also listed on the video, and in addition to the standard Team Deathmatch gameplay, there was also a mode simply called "Bomb." Its mechanics are yet unknown.
I dunno if this will be available on both PCs and consoles. (Previous CoD titles can only support a max of 18 players (9v9) but even then, the games often lag on consoles...) Guess we'll have to wait till this weekend to find out at CoD XP.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
oh god lagapalooza

thisll be interesting with the map sizes CoD has (if its true)
oh god lagapalooza

thisll be interesting with the map sizes CoD has (if its true)
I see what you did there.

I'm gonna say that screen is a fake.

You can all thank me later when it proved as such.

That sentence isn't even a complete, literate sentence!

A HUGE AREA FOR A GREAT TEAMWORK AND FOR A NICE GAME.

O_o

The hell does that even mean?!

Grandeza

Smash Master
My co worker claimed that it was confirmed that killstreaks count towards your point streak. Is that true? He also said that there is a chopper gunner that drops care packages. Are either of these things true? I hadn't heard anything about either of those things.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
My co worker claimed that it was confirmed that killstreaks count towards your point streak. Is that true? He also said that there is a chopper gunner that drops care packages. Are either of these things true? I hadn't heard anything about either of those things.
Those are probably just rumors. Just wait for Friday when they reveal the multiplayer.

Top Bottom