• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You guys are so silly sometimes.

Panic knifing is as legit as hipfiring an M16 shot into someone who tries to sneak up on you.

You only get knifed if you let yourself get into a position where you can be knifed.

Just use an AR the way you are supposed to and you will very very rarely get knifed.

Knifed, knifed, knifed.
The difference is the knife is a one ht kill and with an AR you need multiple hit-markers to kill at close range. The melee system is also awful in Black Ops, in MW2 is seemed consistent but in Black Ops I'll knife someone it'll look like I"m stabbing them in back, sometimes it'll even make the sound of me knifing them yet it'll miss due to lag and they turn around and knife me. This rarely happened in MW2(at least for me anyway) and this is why I hate the melee system so much in Black Ops. And sometimes the game won't let me lunge with the knife and yet the enemy can lunge at me with the knife. Which is why the melee system is absolutely terrible(in Black Ops at least). MW2's melee system wasn't as bad despite Commando. But I wouldn't call getting a knife kill being "skillful" at all, its just a reaction. Heck sometimes on my killcam their knife doesn't even hit my body yet it still kills me. Plus by changing the melee system in MW3, it makes the game a bit more unique. Plus, if the new melee system doesn't work out they'll probably bring the knife back in the next CoD game anyways.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The thing about lunging with the knife can be determined somewhat by your actions before you actually hit the Melee button. If you're sprinting forward, you will most likely do a lunge. Otherwise, the slash comes out much more frequently. I always have better success in hitting people with the slash over the lunge, so to make sure I actually slash, I typically hold backwards as I knife.

The knife range is a little bit odd. I haven't really figured it out, but it must have some bit of range to it, because I've consistently slashed people that I would expect not to hit.

MW2's melee system was the strongest, in terms of balance and consistency, but to be honest, I like Black Ops' better in terms of game balance. As much as I miss my Commando. ;_;

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
But turning around and close range spraying with an M16 is a reaction too.

There is no skill involved with either except moving the stick and pressing a button.

People saying that killcams show people almost totally missing yet still getting the knife kill are forgetting this kinda bull**** happens with bullets too.

I have run around a corner while getting shot, I teleport back around the corner to die....WTF

I point blank fire a sniper shot into someones chest while zoomed in and can see nothing but camo in my scope.

I somehow missed.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Reactions very much a part of any competitive play, that is, where the aim is to achieve victory over an opposing party. It's a big part of sports, other video games, even tv game shows lulz. So i don't see why not in cod either.

:phone:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well it seems that the knife in BO is capable of killing you by severing the very fabric of your aura that surrounds you.

AKA killing you by hitting the air around you.

It also doesn't work at point blank range for no reason sometimes.

MW2 didn't really allow that.

In fact knifing in that was fine EXCEPT for commando.

Which gave you super Sayajin teleporting/invincible powers.

I only used it to withstand fall damage, the lunge was just a bonus. :awesome:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm surprised they would be allowed to work on Infinity Ward's game. Then again all the other comapnies are working on Infinity Ward's game lol. I like Treyarch but that must be a slap in the face for Infinity Ward.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I like Treyarch but that must be a slap in the face for Infinity Ward.
Infinity Ward gets to work on the two big console versions for competitive gamers, and Treyarch gets to make a ****ty version of the game with a ****ty console with ****ty controls and and ****ty graphics, and IW is getting punished? LOL

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Infinity Ward gets to work on the two big console versions for competitive gamers, and Treyarch gets to make a ****ty version of the game with a ****ty console with ****ty controls and and ****ty graphics, and IW is getting punished? LOL
Yeah but Infinity Ward already has 2 other companies working on MW3 and now Treyarch is in too.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah i totally missed the end of the vid the first time I watched it

juggernaut omgggg if its like the juggernaut dude in the end of the spec ops clip then thats gonna be ****, itd be so easy to cap flags with that on. But at 14 streak idk if itd be worth it to use over other streaks

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lmao juggernaut killstreak

and that thing at the end looked like a Bouncing Betty on steroids, but it gave the guy an AC130 kill or something, according to the killfeed

also PETA where u at?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
So i guess the equipment or whatever is something that when triggered, signals an AC130 thats up in the air to shoot at that spot

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
But the thing that killed the guy was whatever was shot out from that device. It reminded me of the bouncing betty instantly, but I just don't understand the killfeed......

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
idk its what my brother told me lol but it makes sense because of the killfeed, maybe the ac 130 shot through the device and made you think it shot out from the device

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man that minimap is looking tight. I never thought I'd see the day the map finally got some color instead of looking like a generic radar thing

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yea, but it's just a bit disappointing that most of the game looks like mw2. I.e. score on screen, same looking "+100" numbers that show up when you get a kill, etc.

Hell I think I even heard the same "Friendly Predator Missle inbound." message that Soap/Price/whoever it is that says at one point in the video. :/

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yea, but it's just a bit disappointing that most of the game looks like mw2. I.e. score on screen, same looking "+100" numbers that show up when you get a kill, etc.

Hell I think I even heard the same "Friendly Predator Missle inbound." message that Soap/Price/whoever it is that says at one point in the video. :/
Its Call of Duty. A lot of things are similar throughout the games. Black Ops had that same "+100" on screen whenever you get a kill.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
No I mean, the same exact "font" that mw2 used is still being used in mw3. I'm still fine with it, but I'm just saying some aspects in mw3 look a lot like mw2 did, at least more so than other transitions from previous cod games (for example, from cod4 to mw2)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDQ2Ow-VfI

Modern warfare 3 survival mode trailer. Cool stuff.
Thanks for posting the link, I saw it last night. Hyped for MW3.

yay riot shield

and wtf attack dogs carrying explosives lmao animal cruelty!
Are riot shields confirmed for MP?

Juggernaut as a 14 killstreak in MP? Oh god.
They'd better be good for a 14 kill streak. Wonder if a lot of people will use them? (Like, barely anyone used the EMP kill streak in MW2 cause it was a 15 kill streak reward.)

EDIT: Interview with fourzerotwo

http://tweakers.net/video/3640/modern-warfare-3-interview-robert-bowling.html

Things to note:

- They'll be changing up the game to reward objective players better. (Already known.)
- Spawn points may be changed to prevent spawn trapping/getting spawn killed. (ala BFBC2)
- Dedicated sniper lobbies confirmed. (already known.)
- 'Afterlife' perks maybe? OH GOD!
- More maps suited for 1v1s
- An option for players to report bugs, glitches, cheaters.
- Changes in the melee system.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Top Bottom