• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I scope normally when I have to, but I like to be mobile and erratic in my location. Sitting in one place is too boring and bland for me, but that's just a preference. I habitually come out of my scope after every shot, even on semi-auto snipers, possibly because I'm used to bolt actions. By the time I zoom back in, the recoil is finished, and the sights are reset.

If I see a multi, I drop scope then scope again after every shot, to line it up in my crosshairs. Turning around without ADS is faster, and allows me to get targets from my peripherals.

Stefan, I must be a pretentious homo, by that logic. <3
:applejack:

Xanthan, that's part of what I've been saying. Though I humbly ask: Does that make it OP? I'm just ignorant, since OP has never held a definite definition from how I've seen it used. It revolves primarily around a concept of absurdity and lack of balance, but that's what I'm inferring.:applejack:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
scope?

***** I use PP90, why should I scope lol
At longer range encounters, it's beneficial unless you want to spray a mural around your opponent. XD
Your statement holds intuition, but snipers are invading your SMG territory. What are you to do, Thino?:applejack:

Matt07

Smash Master
Awesome news about SitRep being fixed :D!

Possibly a weak suggestion about snipers. How about they have a damage drop off, but they do less damage up close?

I don't know lol. Just throwing suggestions...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I wouldn't mind snipers having reverse damage drop off.:applejack:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Regardless of what any of you say, people don't do well with snipers and it all becomes invalid.
IDC if you did well in one or two games with a sniper or you're Deltacod.
You guys are wrong, regardless how many of you there are who have these silly preconceived notions about weapon supremacy and realism.

EDIT: To be fair, they need to make it so the hitboxes are the same as blackops so that people have to try to aim a little bit higher than stomach area.
I'M NOT EVEN THAT GOOD AT THIS GAME.

I'm a ****ing average player in all CoD games. EVERYONE JUST SUCKS (or they abuse stupid **** to make up for their lack of skill).

That is not a valid argument. Good players pick up snipers all the time and do well with them. You can't just say that every player who tries to play with a sniper is bad. That is a dumb, elitist thing to say.
You're not making any points. You're saying that snipers are overpowered because they can do well at all ranges, but assault rifles do well at ALL ranges and some SMGs like the MP9 do well at all ranges. The only difference is that you shoot a lot more bullets and you don't have to be as accurate. Oh, and your aim time is faster. The only difference is 2-3 bullets which is almost no time at all.
If snipers were OP, good players would use them and annihilate people, but it doesn't happen, because a player can just as easily use any other gun and do just as well, if not better.
K. Pause.

ARs: 2-4 shot kill depending on range and damage stats. Let's assume we have a 2-3 shot power gun.

ARs do decently at close range because of their power, but they lack the amazing traits SMGs have for Close Range - No movement penalty for ADS, slower ADS, slower movement (strafe speed), slower RoF, larger hipfire (IIRC).

ARs do well at mid range because they have manageable recoil (at this range) and good range for damage drop off. SMGs tend to have higher recoil, or they have stupidly high damage drop off where GOOD LUCK killing people at longer ranges reliably if they have an AR.

I will ignore LMGs cuz they're funky.

Once you hit long range, AR effectiveness drops off for the same reasons SMG effectiveness drops off at mid range - Recoil becomes too much to handle (the target is MUCH smaller), and you have to deal with damage drop off. This means you need to put more bullets into your enemy because of damage, AND you're missing some, so your time to kill is longer. You're not killing in 3 bullets, you're killing in like, 6 or 7. If your aim is amazing.

Snipers have NONE of these problems.

Close Range? ADS (ridiculously quickly with Quickdraw). One Shot, One Kill. Recoil? No ****s given. It's probably at its weakest here because, well, SMGs can just spray you.

Mid Range? SMGs are already losing here, so let's compare to ARs. They gotta shoot you multiple times. You? ADS, One Shot, One Kill.

Long Range? Now even the ARs are outta their league. ADS. One Shot, One Kill.

Problem?

By the way, Snipers having reverse damage drop off is pretty brilliant.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
To summarize the last few pages: People need things to complain about in a bad game, so they complain about silly things that aren't overpowered.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
To summarize the last few pages: People need things to complain about in a bad game, so they complain about silly things that aren't overpowered.
A part of the reasons why the game is bad: Silly things are overpowered.

I'm still sticking to my "better than it should be", but I support Tim as well.:applejack:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Allow me to summarize in the only way I know how...

REACTIONS

Now then...

and

Ya whippersnappers and your scoping with the derping and boppin' and the knifin' and the complainin' and the BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWH!!!!!!

Let's talk about something else... Like.....................

****, I have no idea. What else can we complain about?

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Gonna leave the team swf clan for a while gais. Until I get all the titles/emblems. Commentator invited me to a clan which is obviously full of active guys. Just because none of us really seem to be interested :shrug:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Gonna leave the team swf clan for a while gais. Until I get all the titles/emblems. Commentator invited me to a clan which is obviously full of active guys. Just because none of us really seem to be interested :shrug:
who is commentator

(p.s. ask them if theres room for me! Im gonna start spring break tomorrow so I can play as much as needed)
Bobloblaw. He's around 30k subs now.
:COUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHSELLOUTCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHGAGWEEZEBARFVOMITCOUGH:

Someone get me a Doctor. X_X

Oh wait. I am a Doctor!

MEDIC!

I don't think anyone is really going to care mate. Bobloblaw is such a great name too.

I hope you find what you are looking for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8MyXDYHqk

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but if this is possible with a sniper then there's definitely something wrong with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Zu...xt=C3b6d692UDOEgsToPDskLC05qwBc5hpH2xrONpLHTt

In other news I went to hang out with friends and play smash at their community college back on Wednesday. When I get there some other people are playing mw3 in the game room. So I decide to join in a few games. Wasn't able to change sensitivity or edit classes with much and I still wrecked them.

I don't even play on ps3 either :troll:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Hey guys, I found a video of somebody doing well with an M16 on a tiny map with bad spawns.
This PROVES that this gun is way too good! Be right back, I'm going to go 22-1. The one death was from a quickscoper. DAMN YOU QUICKSCOPING. You're so overpowered. I beat you in almost every firefight and you outplayed me in one and now I hate you. Your name is zzirfazescopezz haha you must be 12 because you're using a gun. How dare you have any sort of a viable playstyle other than my basic aim and spray strategy!

Oh here is a video btw www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a0eAN_aeiQ

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I found a video of somebody doing well with an M16 on a tiny map with bad spawns.
This PROVES that this gun is way too good! Be right back, I'm going to go 22-1. The one death was from a quickscoper. DAMN YOU QUICKSCOPING. You're so overpowered. I beat you in almost every firefight and you outplayed me in one and now I hate you. Your name is zzirfazescopezz haha you must be 12 because you're using a gun. How dare you have any sort of a viable playstyle other than my basic aim and spray strategy!

Oh here is a video btw www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a0eAN_aeiQ
You mad, bro?

Fletch

Smash Master
The Barrett looks ridiculously good; maybe I need to get back to my old quick-scoping ways. I remember you guys saying the Type 95 was too good, but from the looks of it it looks to drop off effectiveness really fast. 20 minimum damage is horrible. What do you guys consider OP besides snipers (out of curiosity)?

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
The Barrett looks ridiculously good; maybe I need to get back to my old quick-scoping ways. I remember you guys saying the Type 95 was too good, but from the looks of it it looks to drop off effectiveness really fast. 20 minimum damage is horrible. What do you guys consider OP besides snipers (out of curiosity)?
Just fmgs and PP90. Both have ******** fire rates

Top Bottom