• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I wish snipers were taken out of the game along with the knife. Anything that's a 1hk doesn't belong in this game. They could just make it so that snipers are only a 1 shot if you get a headshot (bf3)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Snipers aren't OP, they are just better in instances and ranges where they shouldn't be as viable as they are.:applejack:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I can't possibly fathom why you would be OK with a one-shot cannon that works at every range; I also can't fathom why you would be OK with being able to zoom in as fast as it does.

Wretched, it doesn't matter the scores the kids that try to quickscope on average get. Those kids get those scores because they're bad at the game, period.

The problem is the potential for an absurdly easy kill. I've quickscoped kids using UMPs, PP90s, Shotguns, ARs, and some handguns because of the inane "sniping" in this game.

ME, WRETCHED, ME...

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You see, the funny thing is that there is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE as to what anybody says about snipers being overpowered. Everything that is said about snipers in this thread is biased, unbacked, and exaggerated. Then, as soon as you lose the argument, you just spout random stuff about how it is a OHKO at all rnage cannon and ignore everything that has been said.
The kids who snipe can pick up any other gun and have good K/Ds, so the argument that anyone who snipes is bad is dumb.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd don't see how that equates to OP rather than my stated, "better than it should be." It follows my statement, actually.:applejack:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You see, the funny thing is that there is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE as to what anybody says about snipers being overpowered. Everything that is said about snipers in this thread is biased, unbacked, and exaggerated. Then, as soon as you lose the argument, you just spout random stuff about how it is a OHKO at all rnage cannon and ignore everything that has been said.
The kids who snipe can pick up any other gun and have good K/Ds, so the argument that anyone who snipes is bad is dumb.
It's funny because I topped scoreboards while Quickscoping, even when playing with the fine gentlemen on SWF.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You're Deltacod.
You topped the scoreboards with a silenced m1911.
Xanthan, its much harder to hit with a sniper than it is to hit with a shotgun, for one, and second, A sniper kills you instantly, but that is after scoping in and aiming correctly, which takes about a second. Assault rifles can kill in .15 seconds at close-mid range. Assault rifles are better. Snipers aren't good at all and they aren't overpowered.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Because you can basically use the sniper rifle as a shotgun, it can one hit kill at ANY range.
Xanthan, its much harder to hit with a sniper than it is to hit with a shotgun, for one, and second, A sniper kills you instantly, but that is after scoping in and aiming correctly, which takes about a second. Assault rifles can kill in .15 seconds at close-mid range. Assault rifles are better. Snipers aren't good at all and they aren't overpowered.
Barrett extended mags steady aim trigger jam at shotgun range says "Hi".

The only assault rifle that's close to the power of sniper rifles damage wise is the MK14.

I've said it once, and for some reason, I have to say it again; Keep your LONG RANGE RIFLE out of my CLOSE QUARTER ENGAGEMENTS.

The fact still remains that Sniper Rifles have no damage drop off, and have a OHK at ANY RANGE. It's your opinion that you think they aren't 'good' or 'overpowered'. It's our opinion that it is.

You have fun Derpscoping. Okay. That's fine. Enjoy. If you're on my team, playing with me, and we're all having a good time, teach te-teachin' me how to dougie, it's all good. I don't care what you do. But if I die to some bull****, because of some jackhole kid Derpscoping because I died to his ****ing Sniper Rifle in my ****ing kill range when I'M supposed to have the advantage, whether it's because I have a shotgun, SMG, AR, or even the damn knife, you will hear me rage.

BECAUSE THAT IS NOT HOW A ****ING GUN WORKS.

OH, but it's a game!

Yeah, well. Sometimes, even in games there's only so much bull**** I can handle.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wretched, idk why you are saying sniper rifles are bad. I've done well with them. But then again I don't exclusively quickscope. I use the Sniper rifle for what its meant to be used for.......long range. When I use the Sniper rifle for what its actually meant to be used for, its actually pretty good. But the fact that I can also use the sniper rifle at close range by quickscoping makes it OP. When someone with an assault rifle, smg, or a shotgun gets close to a guy with a sniper rifle, the guy with a sniper rifle should be at a disadvantage.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Here comes the calvary!!! I knew I wasn't alone on this.

I wish snipers were taken out of the game along with the knife. Anything that's a 1hk doesn't belong in this game. They could just make it so that snipers are only a 1 shot if you get a headshot (bf3)
I disagree, snipers and the knife DO have a place in CoD games but they need to be nerfed.

What if they're already damaged?

Snipers aren't OP, they are just better in instances and ranges where they shouldn't be as viable as they are.:applejack:
^
This.

I can't possibly fathom why you would be OK with a one-shot cannon that works at every range; I also can't fathom why you would be OK with being able to zoom in as fast as it does.

Wretched, it doesn't matter the scores the kids that try to quickscope on average get. Those kids get those scores because they're bad at the game, period.

The problem is the potential for an absurdly easy kill. I've quickscoped kids using UMPs, PP90s, Shotguns, ARs, and some handguns because of the inane "sniping" in this game.

ME, WRETCHED, ME...
^
This.

I'm completely fine with OHKO weapons at whatever range
That's cause you play on the PS3. :troll:

If there's an actual risk to it, fine.

That's the thing, the Snipers scope in so fast that there's little risk.
^
This.

Settle down, Wretched.

Sounds like its op to me.
Yup.

Because you can basically use the sniper rifle as a shotgun, it can one hit kill at ANY range.
^
This.

You're Deltacod.
You topped the scoreboards with a silenced m1911.
Uh, no.

Barrett extended mags steady aim trigger jam at shotgun range says "Hi".

The only assault rifle that's close to the power of sniper rifles damage wise is the MK14.

I've said it once, and for some reason, I have to say it again; Keep your LONG RANGE RIFLE out of my CLOSE QUARTER ENGAGEMENTS.

The fact still remains that Sniper Rifles have no damage drop off, and have a OHK at ANY RANGE. It's your opinion that you think they aren't 'good' or 'overpowered'. It's our opinion that it is.

You have fun Derpscoping. Okay. That's fine. Enjoy. If you're on my team, playing with me, and we're all having a good time, teach te-teachin' me how to dougie, it's all good. I don't care what you do. But if I die to some bull****, because of some jackhole kid Derpscoping because I died to his ****ing Sniper Rifle in my ****ing kill range when I'M supposed to have the advantage, whether it's because I have a shotgun, SMG, AR, or even the damn knife, you will hear me rage.

BECAUSE THAT IS NOT HOW A ****ING GUN WORKS.

OH, but it's a game!

Yeah, well. Sometimes, even in games there's only so much bull**** I can handle.
Wise words from an old man. :smirk:

Wretched, idk why you are saying sniper rifles are bad. I've done well with them. But then again I don't exclusively quickscope. I use the Sniper rifle for what its meant to be used for.......long range. When I use the Sniper rifle for what its actually meant to be used for, its actually pretty good. But the fact that I can also use the sniper rifle at close range by quickscoping makes it OP. When someone with an assault rifle, smg, or a shotgun gets close to a guy with a sniper rifle, the guy with a sniper rifle should be at a disadvantage.
I agree.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Bro. You can aim down the scope so fast that you can do it before I get shut down by Melanie Iglesias. Like really, what evidence do you need? It's a one-shot cannon with LITTLE RISK. I'm not one to bring up realism normally, because I don't care about it, but I will in this case. Most shotguns can shoot 60 yards. This is 180 feet.

180 feet is nearly 55 meters.

Most shotguns have a damage drop off of roughly 18-25 meters in this game. How in God's Green Earth can you be OK with Sniper Rifles not being restricted to their range and their difficulty of use, but Shotguns being super-duper ****ed over?

MW2 Shotguns were FINE. The problem was that they were secondaries.

I like you making light of our argument. Newsflash, it's the only one that matters.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I dunno where to really stand on this. I mean I get that people don't like snipers being able to do stuff in close quarters. But I don't like the talk that quickscoping is the easiest things in the world and anyone could do it. I mean I can do alright when I quickscope but I do soooo much better with an SMG or an AR or even a shotgun. And honestly, I'm pretty sure that's true for just about everyone here. Someone said a page or two ago(too lazy to find who) "brb making a sniping montage". And yeah I know that was a joke but I'd like to see you do it because it's pretty damn hard. It is so not as easy as scope in and let auto aim do the work. So I'm on the fence really. Black ops sniping was cool and more difficult but I liked it more so I guess it would be better if it were like that just to end the arguments. I just don't think there are so many quickscopers that aren't terrible that it's worth complaining about. I almost never find quickscopers in MW3 and when i do, they're garbage.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I dunno where to really stand on this. I mean I get that people don't like snipers being able to do stuff in close quarters. But I don't like the talk that quickscoping is the easiest things in the world and anyone could do it. I mean I can do alright when I quickscope but I do soooo much better with an SMG or an AR or even a shotgun. And honestly, I'm pretty sure that's true for just about everyone here. Someone said a page or two ago(too lazy to find who) "brb making a sniping montage". And yeah I know that was a joke but I'd like to see you do it because it's pretty damn hard. It is so not as easy as scope in and let auto aim do the work. So I'm on the fence really. Black ops sniping was cool and more difficult but I liked it more so I guess it would be better if it were like that just to end the arguments. I just don't think there are so many quickscopers that aren't terrible that it's worth complaining about. I almost never find quickscopers in MW3 and when i do, they're garbage.

I said that.

I probably can.

Are we playing the same game here?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
No, it really is that easy. I pick do roughly the same with a sniper as I do with an SMG or AR or w/e.

There's no difference. I play with all weapons in the same manner, lol. I shouldn't be able to run around with a Sniper as if it were an SMG.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
What delta said.

Shotguns can't be used at snipers. Snipers shouldn't be used as shotguns. Even if it did take skill (which it doesn't) it still doesn't change the fact that they're op.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Grandeza, the difficulty doesn't really abate how effective it is. Barrett, MSR, L118A (and I think there was one more, I don't use it much) all a OHK from the stomach up under typical health conditions, from every range. Regardless of its learning curve and difficulty, there has to be balance that lowers its effectiveness in instances where other gun types or even the knife would be more apt and suitable, scoping time and difficulty are not really compensation for that.:applejack:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Regardless of what any of you say, people don't do well with snipers and it all becomes invalid.
IDC if you did well in one or two games with a sniper or you're Deltacod.
You guys are wrong, regardless how many of you there are who have these silly preconceived notions about weapon supremacy and realism.

EDIT: To be fair, they need to make it so the hitboxes are the same as blackops so that people have to try to aim a little bit higher than stomach area.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Regardless of what any of you say, people don't do well with snipers and it all becomes invalid.
You guys are wrong, regardless how many of you there are who have these silly preconceived notions about weapon supremacy and realism.
People don't do good with them because they're bad. You're ignoring the main points we're making. Glad to hear you don't know what gun balance is.
Cool post bro

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Either you did a lot of selective reading/responding, you don't know how debate works, or you forgot what an opinion is.

(And anyone who knows how I debate knows I don't pull any punches)

Case in point, that's your opinion.

The least you could do is at least see things from our/even my side of the fence.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
People don't do good with them because they're bad. You're ignoring the main points we're making. Glad to hear you don't know what gun balance is.
Cool post bro
That is not a valid argument. Good players pick up snipers all the time and do well with them. You can't just say that every player who tries to play with a sniper is bad. That is a dumb, elitist thing to say.
You're not making any points. You're saying that snipers are overpowered because they can do well at all ranges, but assault rifles do well at ALL ranges and some SMGs like the MP9 do well at all ranges. The only difference is that you shoot a lot more bullets and you don't have to be as accurate. Oh, and your aim time is faster. The only difference is 2-3 bullets which is almost no time at all.
If snipers were OP, good players would use them and annihilate people, but it doesn't happen, because a player can just as easily use any other gun and do just as well, if not better.

O D I N, I didn't read your post. Lemme read it.
Uh, yeah, its an unrealistic game in the first place. This game takes place in close range 90% of the time unless you go out into the open like a silly banana. The thing that I don't understand is how you guys rage at losing gun fights at close range to snipers but not to other guns like the MP9 or PP90 which are ridiculously good and easier to use.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
That is not a valid argument. Good players pick up snipers all the time and do well with them. You can't just say that every player who tries to play with a sniper is bad. That is a dumb, elitist thing to say.
You're not making any points. You're saying that snipers are overpowered because they can do well at all ranges, but assault rifles do well at ALL ranges and some SMGs like the MP9 do well at all ranges. The only difference is that you shoot a lot more bullets and you don't have to be as accurate. Oh, and your aim time is faster. The only difference is 2-3 bullets which is almost no time at all.
If snipers were OP, good players would use them and annihilate people, but it doesn't happen, because a player can just as easily use any other gun and do just as well, if not better.
ARS arent a 1 shot at any range. Scores show how good the player is not the the gun. Tubers often negative so they aren't op? (In mw2). Also no idea what planet you live on in which a AR ads faster than a sniper. I'd love to see that.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Also no idea what planet you live on in which a AR ads faster than a sniper. I'd love to see that.
I think we're done here if you think that snipers ADS faster than assault rifles.
Also, if scores show how good a player is than how come good players don't use snipers and do well with them? I see good players use snipers all the time and go negative and then use SMGs and Assault Rifles and get 5.0 games. The facts speak for themselves.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I think we're done here if you think that snipers ADS faster than assault rifles.
Also, if scores show how good a player is than how come good players don't use snipers and do well with them? I see good players use snipers all the time and go negative and then use SMGs and Assault Rifles and get 5.0 games. The facts speak for themselves.
If you have quickdraw pro they do. Also possibly because not everyone is suited for every playstyle? I've seen really good snipers go negative using smgs and ars.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

O D I N, I didn't read your post. Lemme read it.
Uh, yeah, its an unrealistic game in the first place. This game takes place in close range 90% of the time unless you go out into the open like a silly banana. The thing that I don't understand is how you guys rage at losing gun fights at close range to snipers but not to other guns like the MP9 or PP90 which are ridiculously good and easier to use.

The fact that it's an SMG and MEANT for CQC.

Super Soaker RapidFire Steady Aim is a little ridiculous. :/ And by a little, I mean, just under the absurdness that is the FMGs. THOSE ****ers make me rage. The problem with the FMGs is lack of balance; It's a bullet hose, that you now have TWO of, along with a large clip on both guns, and insane accuracy with.

Cool balance bro...

The SMGs aren't a problem at close range because that's what they're meant for: CLOSE RANGE.

The AR is meant for Close to Medium to POSSIBLY Long. But there's damage drop off. It's a balance thing.

The Sniper Rifle DOES NOT HAVE DAMAGE DROP OFF.

At EVERY RANGE. It will do the SAME. DAMAGE. To the head, neck, shoulder, chest, wherever.

The ONLY AR capable of a OHK is the MK14, and that's IF it's a headshot. Otherwise it's a 2-3 hit kill at most ranges on the rest of the body. No other gun comes close.

Shotguns are close to Sniper Damage because of pellet damage. Multiple pellets are needed to take down a person in one trigger pull.

I've made the analogy before; Bringing a sniper rifle into the CQC zone is like altering the rules of chess. You've now made a Knight move wherever it wants. It shouldn't be able to.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman

Start-up-A-up-A is a really good way to counteract bull**** if you don't like getting quickscoped/random naded/panic knifed/DMHed. So is that big button on the front of your console. I also hear there is a "resist sniper" enchantment in Skyrim. I've put down CoD for a good while now, and I no longer feel obligated to play it.
I know you have other games. They miss you too.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If you have quickdraw pro they do. Also possibly because not everyone is suited for every playstyle? I've seen really good snipers go negative using smgs and ars.
Uh, if you have an assault rifle and a sniper both with quickdraw, the assault rifle still aims faster, mathematically. Quickdraw doesn't have a different ADS multiplier for different guns.

ODIN, The one bullet means nothing if you can aim at someone and shoot 3 bullets in the same amount of time that it takes them to shoot a single sniper bullet. Plus, if you aren't 100% accurate and the other players aren't 100% bad, you get killed while using a sniper. Using a sniper is a disadvantage, plain and simple. I will go join a game of MW3 right now and go at least 2.0 with a PP90, and then I will go negative with a sniper. Snipers are bad.
Except for barrett spray.
Barrett spray is dumb.

The silly thing is that it takes 0% more skill and effort to hold the trigger down and shoot a few more bullets than if you had pressed the trigger once with a sniper. The only difference is that you're hindered by a slower ADS time, much more sway, and the inability to shoot more than 1 bullet within a second (unless you're barrett spraying :()

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace

Start-up-A-up-A is a really good way to counteract bull**** if you don't like getting quickscoped/random naded/panic knifed/DMHed. So is that big button on the front of your console. I also hear there is a "resist sniper" enchantment in Skyrim. I've put down CoD for a good while now, and I no longer feel obligated to play it.
Pokemon>cod.
Fact
@Wretched I meant if the sniper has quickdraw and the AR dude doesn't. Either way I'm pretty sure snipers still ads faster even when the dude does have it. Quickdraw shouldn't affect snipers and that's something i'm not going to debate. It was fine in blops and has a lot to do with why it's so ******** in this game

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

First of all, isn't that sugar? O_o

Secondly, OH YES. I don't remember the last time I picked up this game. I've been playing nothing but Mass Effect lately. The MP demo for ME3 is amazing. You should come try it. :)

And hey. I miss you too. :)

Capital post, comrade. I loved all the subtle hints you gave. :)

ODIN, The one bullet means nothing if you can aim at someone and shoot 3 bullets in the same amount of time that it takes them to shoot a single sniper bullet. Plus, if you aren't 100% accurate and the other players aren't 100% bad, you get killed while using a sniper. Using a sniper is a disadvantage, plain and simple. I will go join a game of MW3 right now and go at least 2.0 with a PP90, and then I will go negative with a sniper. Snipers are bad.
Except for barrett spray.
Barrett spray is dumb.

The silly thing is that it takes 0% more skill and effort to hold the trigger down and shoot a few more bullets than if you had pressed the trigger once with a sniper. The only difference is that you're hindered by a slower ADS time, much more sway, and the inability to shoot more than 1 bullet within a second (unless you're barrett spraying :()
We're not debating if Snipers are bad or not.

We're saying they shouldn't be in my CQC zone.

Let me change this up a bit:

The Riot Shield is a CQC weapon.

Well tomorrow, Treyarch announces that they will have Riot Shields in BLops 2. But it can be used like a Captain America shield.

First of all, this is a bad example, because that would be awesome, but let me finish. That shield can now be launched ANYWHERE, like a throwing knife, and is a OHK, like a throwing knife. Also, it comes back to the user at no penalty.

NOW the snipers are saying the CQC guys shouldn't be in there Long range zone! Which they probably already did with the throwing knife.

I'm going out on a limb with a bad stretch, but I couldn't think of anything else to relate it too you except with another bad weapon. As much as I love the Riot Shield.

The point isn't if the weapon or user is bad or not. The point is that the potential and reason is THERE.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wretched, how hard it is to do is absolutely meaningless in the aspect of its potential. You KNOW it's a OHK in the circumstances stated. You KNOW it's absurd. And apparently, you're basing the argument on difficulty and impracticality, which is still moot and subjective.:applejack:

Top Bottom