• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm not getting the map packs, no one plays on those playlists anyway (except try hards). totally wouldve gotten them though if they just brought them out like they'd normally do without elite but at this point I won't be into playing mw3 much when it becomes available to non subscriber

:phone:

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
1. The maps will be brought to normal playlist when they're released to everybody.
2. The maps are being released EXACTLY like they have been for 2 years. Now you just have the chance to play them earlier.

Overwatch is awesome. Really enjoying it. It's the perfect size and I haven't noticed that many spawn problems yet. Apart from the skin the map is nothing like highrise btw

Edit: You guys should play with me tonight <333. New map and I think clan ops are starting.Wegotdisimg

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
They come available as they have been the past 2 years only to subscribers

if I could buy them with ms points right now like I couldve in the past 2 years I'd totally buy them right now

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
They come available as they have been the past 2 years only to subscribers

if I could buy them with ms points right now like I couldve in the past 2 years I'd totally buy them right now

You're incorrect. People without elite recieve them the same way. If it wasn't for elite nobody would have the maps right now. The map pack drops in march for everybody. I don't get why people are confused by something so simple

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I hope I can play tonight. I'm gonna try the toothpaste trick and see what results I get. In addition to the new map, the TU is out for new prestiges as well.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Did you pick up your console while the game was inside?
Nothing can fix that. Toothpaste only works for minor scratches, but when you pick up your xbox, the disc tray digs into the disc and basically grinds out the data in a circle.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
You're incorrect. People without elite recieve them the same way. If it wasn't for elite nobody would have the maps right now. The map pack drops in march for everybody. I don't get why people are confused by something so simple
that's what i was saying, with blackops they launched the maps for everyone in February.If IW did the same thing i would have undoubtedly gotten them but instead theyre launching theirs for everyone next month but all this wait makes me less and less interested in getting them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I glanced at the video title.

Then I exited the window.

1. The maps will be brought to normal playlist when they're released to everybody.
2. The maps are being released EXACTLY like they have been for 2 years. Now you just have the chance to play them earlier.

Overwatch is awesome. Really enjoying it. It's the perfect size and I haven't noticed that many spawn problems yet. Apart from the skin the map is nothing like highrise btw

Edit: You guys should play with me tonight <333. New map and I think clan ops are starting.Wegotdisimg
They're only 5 months late.

I hope I can play tonight. I'm gonna try the toothpaste trick and see what results I get. In addition to the new map, the TU is out for new prestiges as well.
What?

Nothing can fix that. Toothpaste only works for minor scratches, but when you pick up your xbox, the disc tray digs into the disc and basically grinds out the data in a circle.
Why the hell would you do that?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
According to rob clan operations are up now. I guess your clan level shows above your title.

Not sure whether I want to go past 10th prestige or not. Haven't played this in a while and I don't really want to, but I'm usually all about going to the highest prestige. Hmm.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
In the MW3 Machinima Stream, Robert Bowling speaks the truth about the past few years of multiplayer gaming:

"...Something like that affects a small, passionate part of our community, but we don't find it important because it doesn't affect everybody. We're looking to cater to all players..."

Well, he's not willing to cater to passionate players. Guess I better start playing like a casual noob.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
According to rob clan operations are up now. I guess your clan level shows above your title.

Not sure whether I want to go past 10th prestige or not. Haven't played this in a while and I don't really want to, but I'm usually all about going to the highest prestige. Hmm.
Nah, think about your blood pressure!

In the MW3 Machinima Stream, Robert Bowling speaks the truth about the past few years of multiplayer gaming:

"...Something like that affects a small, passionate part of our community, but we don't find it important because it doesn't affect everybody. We're looking to cater to all players..."

Well, he's not willing to cater to passionate players. Guess I better start playing like a casual noob.
Snack should be honoured that they're catering to players like him!

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Anyone else here play the new "Overwatch" map yet?

Opinions?
I love it. Perfect size and I dig the multiple levels aspect. It really just shows me that I'd enjoy this game if it wasn't for the maps. Map doesn't play like highrise at all btw.
Crane is a common camp spot as expected. Snipers like to put TIs in there and trickshot off of it. I generally stay away from that side of the map so it doesn't bother me at all.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Wow, how direct. I'm actually fascinated by how negligible the the passionate part of the CoD community is.:applejack:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of how AMAZING AND FUN THE MASS EFFECT 3 MULTIPLAYER IS.

Glad Overwatch isn't complete **** though.

The horror stories of this. When you work at Gamestop, you get some many people/kids coming to you with their discs expecting you to fix it.

Sorry buddy. You dun ****ed up. :c It's in Game Disc Heaven. Yes, it's much like Coin Heaven from Super Mario Bros. 3.

Oh boy. Clan Ops.

Too little, too late. But I'll make sure the clan is signed up for stuff.

So you guys interested in doing some clan ops at some point? I just want the titles/emblems
Sure. Whenever I feel like torturing myself with a game that isn't Mass Effect.

Casual is the way to go.

The next step down is Snack.

The next step down is Salty Snack. :troll:

Nah, think about your blood pressure!

Snack should be honoured that they're catering to players like him!
:awesome: I love Snack(s)!

Hold on, slowpoke.jpg but do you need Elite to be able to create a clan and do clan ops?
Yes and no.

You need an Elite account (and it can be free) to make a clan. You need Elite PREMIUM to register for clan ops.

@ Zac: New ponies? I stopped watching MLP back in November. ;-;

And good to hear, Swamp!
I saw that episode! It was pretty good! Pinkie Pie was babysitting and she has no idea what she was doing! :awesome: But it taught a valuable lesson about responsibility and dousing yourself in flour for laughs.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Does an Elite subscription have something to do with the amount of vault slots you're allotted? I only have eight, but I've seen people with 25 or so. I want to get as much space as I can so I can get them all up at once.:applejack:

Thino

Smash Master
Does an Elite subscription have something to do with the amount of vault slots you're allotted? I only have eight, but I've seen people with 25 or so. I want to get as much space as I can so I can get them all up at once.:applejack:
yes it does, free Elite only gets 8 slots

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ive decided im gonna buy the x31's. Old version or not $10 is a steal in my book. Plus i need a turtle beach with a working mic anyway lol.

I havent been on in a while, do the new prestige emblems look good?

Also happened today:

good friend: "i just got a new email you should email me!"

*sends her email*
"hey would you like to perform fellatio ;)"

later her sorority sister sends ne a text: "so umm you just sent a bunch of girls an email for fellatio"

good friend of mine failed to mention that her new email is a group email -_-

later i got another text from one of her sisters. also good friend said she got a mass text saying "WHAT WAS THAT EMAIL?!?!"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That's not sometime I would so freely share with the Internet, Hot_Arms. :p (Maybe I should edit it out?)

And you guys already know about the new prestige stuff and levels. I'll post the dates and stuff tomorrow. Like when the PS3 is getting them. (I think it's the 28th...PS3 peeps also get content drops 1 and 2 on that date.)

And the akimbo FMG9s are getting ANOTHER nerf. Yeah, nerf those. Not snipers. Cool. >.>

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Uh, I'm not. People don't use snipers.
Calling snipers overpowered because you get quickscoped is like calling Pit overpowered in brawl because you get camped.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why not?
Shotguns shouldn't have killed from far away in MW2 and the MP9 shouldn't be able to kill people from across the map and assault rifles shouldn't be better than everything.
The worst thing about when people complain about snipers is that when you use a sniper you put yourself at a disadvantage and you're much more likely to have a negative K/D than if you use any other kind of gun except maybe an LMG, which IMO is still better.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why not?
Shotguns shouldn't have killed from far away in MW2 and the MP9 shouldn't be able to kill people from across the map and assault rifles shouldn't be better than everything.
The worst thing about when people complain about snipers is that when you use a sniper you put yourself at a disadvantage and you're much more likely to have a negative K/D than if you use any other kind of gun except maybe an LMG, which IMO is still better.
Blame IW. Snipers should only be able to 1-hit kill you if you scope in for 1.5 seconds and it's from medium-long range in terms of distance IMO.

The knife is also OP.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Its funny that you want to purposely make a gun useless and delete it from the game.
It takes most assault rifles .3 seconds to kill at long range. So you're saying that before you can get a kill with this gun, you should get killed 5 times?

huh

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Its funny that you want to purposely make a gun useless and delete it from the game.
It takes most assault rifles .3 seconds to kill at long range. So you're saying that before you can get a kill with this gun, you should get killed 5 times?

huh
Who says I want to make snipers useless? They need to be nerfed IMO.

brb making a sniper montage.

Top Bottom