• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Inb4 patches namesearches

Also, does taking a break from this game work? i've been really not into it when I play call of duty games in general as of late. it might be cause none of you guys play anymore either so it takes out the majority of the fun

:phone:
Yes, my blood pressure is slowly returning to normal.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I may be on tomorrow or the break, I'll have to verify later. CoD on the Wii was a hilarious experience. Pretty sure the patches don't happen on there, or they're easily circumvented.:applejack:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll be on tonight whenever my sister gets back.

I decided to get MW2 to play with you guys as well, specifically those who'd rather play that than MW3. Just thought I'd have the option available, BF3 can waiiiit.:applejack:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sandy Ravage showed his off a few days ago, check his video out on his channel.

PS3 control sticks, buttons on the back, LT RT are different etc.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The right stick on the 360 hinders my aim. Much more comfortable with the PS3 stick and I'm getting pretty tired of missing easy shots just because of the stick.

Also with the paddles on the back I can do some ninja ****.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sandy Ravage showed his off a few days ago, check his video out on his channel.

PS3 control sticks, buttons on the back, LT RT are different etc.

I've never been a fan of the PS anything, sticks or otherwise. Too rounded. As an owner of long fingers, with fat thumbs (weird, I know), I'm a fan of the divets.

The right stick on the 360 hinders my aim. Much more comfortable with the PS3 stick and I'm getting pretty tired of missing easy shots just because of the stick.

Also with the paddles on the back I can do some ninja ****.
I've never had an issue with the angle of the sticks, personally, but to each their own. If it will work for you, for power to ya.

I don't care enough to add more buttons. :shrug: Plus, I can't spend a butt load of money. :urg:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The PS3 sticks are way to sensitive for me. I really like the XBox joysticks because I feel like their resistance and the divets make being precise a lot easier.

I will say that for movement related things, like running around in an RPG or w/e, PS3 controllers are so much better.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I agree completely that the PS3 sticks are too sensitive, not to mention too close together. 10 sensitivity on CoD on a PS3 controller feels crazy. I'm assuming the stick will retain some of that resistance.

I had a lot of money to spend, so I figured I'd try it out.

Matt07

Smash Master
I feel like the little 'bumps' on the 360 sticks bug me. I like the smooth PS3 sticks. Then again all I play is PS3, so of course I'm used to it.

Also, according to the interwebs with the recent patch to the PC they buffed Overkill Pro on it. It now allows you to use the 2 attachments proficiency on your secondary weapon. I could be getting trolled though >_>. I never use Overkill though. I wish it was in Black Ops as I think it could've had more potentional to be a better perk, since pistols weren't exactly amazing in that game.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I started off on PS3, then I quickly adapted to Xbox's controller. The indentations really help me in controlling my sights, a lot better than I can on the PS3.:applejack:

Incidentally, I'll be online, mates.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just played a lot of MW3 in system linked matches at megacon. I love it, but I wish I had more speed and agility. Those two are the only things that keep me alive. Because when I played, tried to play with the lightest weaponry and stuff possible, yet I still felt bulky and I couldn't sprint much. It's a damn good thing that the weapon I had kills my opponents quickly. Otherwise, I would be in total frustration on getting killed every 6 seconds.

I might just go again tomorrow and play. But this time, finding the right spot/system with the best perks/weapons/etc. possible.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
MW3 was soooo bad. It was literally Black Ops but worse. Now Black Ops 2 is coming out and that is going to suck just as bad. It's just my opinion so don't get mad at me, I was just wondering if anyone else shared my opinion

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
A few things:
1. This is the MW2 thread, which you didn't mention
2. MW3 was nothing like blackops but it is still one of, if not the most sloppily made and unoriginal CoD.
3. Black Ops was a great game with great multiplayer, balanced guns (Cept for the famas, which was nerfed heavily), amazing maps, and great physics. The only issue was the host migration silliness.
4. I am so happy that you expect a game to suck before it comes out. At least you're not setting yourself up for failure. I hate it when people hate on things just to hate on things because they're popular. Black Ops can still be popular and good at the same time and every CoD isn't going to meet everyone's ridiculous unreachable standards.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I feel like the little 'bumps' on the 360 sticks bug me. I like the smooth PS3 sticks. Then again all I play is PS3, so of course I'm used to it.

Also, according to the interwebs with the recent patch to the PC they buffed Overkill Pro on it. It now allows you to use the 2 attachments proficiency on your secondary weapon. I could be getting trolled though >_>. I never use Overkill though. I wish it was in Black Ops as I think it could've had more potentional to be a better perk, since pistols weren't exactly amazing in that game.
The akimbo CZ75s would like to have a word with you.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I run a single CZ75 with a silencer. It's amazing.

What do y'all think of the SPAS in this game? I may have fallen in love with the thing, used it practically all night.

Oh, and I owe you a huge apology, Nova. They apparently re-implemented throwing knives from my games last time, as well as making a lot more "camping spots" kill you immediately if you try to access them. I don't get why they did this, seeing as how throwing knives for infected players alters it completely.:applejack:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hey guys.

I'm not planning on getting this game since my little brother got it for 360, but I have a question. What's a good class to set up at around level 33? He wants to play splitscreen online a bit.

Also, are assault rifles still pretty much the best choice?

Top Bottom