• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Hey guys.

I'm not planning on getting this game since my little brother got it for 360, but I have a question. What's a good class to set up at around level 33? He wants to play splitscreen online a bit.

Also, are assault rifles still pretty much the best choice?
Type 95 or Scar depending on if you like burst fire or not
Semtex
Flash

SoH
Assassin
Marksman

also are they still adding more prestiges? I just hit 10th and need to know if I should go after gold for every gun and pro perks now, but obviously would be dumb if theyre adding more prestiges later

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Type 95 or Scar depending on if you like burst fire or not
Semtex
Flash

SoH
Assassin
Marksman

also are they still adding more prestiges? I just hit 10th and need to know if I should go after gold for every gun and pro perks now, but obviously would be dumb if theyre adding more prestiges later
The next TU should have the new prestiges.

Also, I'm pretty sure you mean Portable Radar.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Now now, it was just a friendly jest.

We all get a little off topic from time to time. ;)

Though which post in particular do you mean? Along with what thread being closed?

Curse you for intriguing my curiousity!
The Light House Social Thread. I fought the good fight, my friend.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Actually, the senate has discussed on closing the some of the social threads since they seem to be more popular than the others, which were being the least popular and most likely to die off. So when the social thread has closed, more activity has been shown in multiple threads.

My two cents.

=====

I played MW3 again at megacon and It sucked. The weapons and perks was more better, but oh my god, I keep getting killed in one shot. I barely killed most of them and couldn't even get a 3 kill streak for UAV.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Actually, the senate has discussed on closing the some of the social threads since they seem to be more popular than the others, which were being the least popular and most likely to die off. So when the social thread has closed, more activity has been shown in multiple threads.

My two cents.

=====

I played MW3 again at megacon and It sucked. The weapons and perks was more better, but oh my god, I keep getting killed in one shot. I barely killed most of them and couldn't even get a 3 kill streak for UAV.
Unless you're staff, you don't know the whole picture.

Use the support kill streak load out. :smirk:

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
So I wanna ask you gentlemen something. What is the ONE thing (Notice how I said one) that really turns you off from this game. As in the one thing that'd keep you from enjoying yourself even if the majority of other things were fixed?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I don't necessarily think unlimited sprint is a bad thing, but I do think this game would be even more chaotic if unlimited sprint was an available option. The last thing this game needs is more PP90 douchebags with unlimited sprint running around.

Matt07

Smash Master
So I wanna ask you gentlemen something. What is the ONE thing (Notice how I said one) that really turns you off from this game. As in the one thing that'd keep you from enjoying yourself even if the majority of other things were fixed?
Ugh, hard choice. Between Assassin and spawns...

I think I'd have to pick spawns first though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The spawns/lag compensation.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Assassin does make you immune to too many things, however that's the least of this game's problems. My main problems with this game are the spawns, UAV's have too much cover/too difficult to find, players have really low health.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Assassin protects you from so much, whilst having no reliable counter or competition.

I agree with you on Support.
I agree certain aspects of assassin should have been put into different perks. However everything assassin counters is rightfully so. It's not like previous games when it countered things you actually earned.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I agree certain aspects of assassin should have been put into different perks. However everything assassin counters is rightfully so. It's not like previous games when it countered things you actually earned.
I agree, I'm glad Assassin counter heartbeat sensors, anyone that relies on that is bad. EMP's, yeah Assassin shouldn't counter that, on the other hand EMP's shouldn't be in support either, takes no skill to get. Assassin shouldn't counter the Counter UAV's. However Assassin should work against regular UAV's. Advanced UAV's idk either, because like EMP's they take no skill to get.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I only dislike Assassin Pro because of it's ubiquity; a lot of people run it for obvious reasons. I haven't really been getting irritated by the game as of late, but I'd have to say I absolutely despise how quickly I die from gunfire. If I could live a bit longer, I would have no problem with Assassin, since I am very good at surprise encounters, generally.:applejack: I'd like to enjoy the game without having to ADS every corner to be safe. It's so monotonous, and having to do that urges me away.

Thino

Smash Master
I enjoy being careful and checking everywhere, plus PSN players have habits, that's why Assassin Pro doesn't bother me.

I'm not especially good at surprise encounters but I rarely die just because I had no idea someone was there.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
People hide in corners because they like to hide in corners. Assassin/cold blooded/ghost has nothing to do with it. It just makes it more obnoxious

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I have a theory.

I have two major complaints with this game: spawns, and Time To Kill.

Time To Kill just needs to be longer, lol. Instant deaths are lame as hell. This is a weapon balancing thing.

The spawn problem can be fixed in an interesting manner.

Deltacod's Steps to Fixing Spawns:

1) Make Extreme Conditioning give you infinite Sprint
2) Return Spawns to how they have been in the past - You spawn FAR away from the enemy. (From what I hear, you spawn semi close to the enemy to avoid long droughts of inactivity).

This solves the problem! The enemy spawns behind you, but they have to run to find you! When you clear out an enemy spawn or whatever, you have time to turn around and move away before they can get back to where they were, as opposed to them spawning two corners away.

f they ***** about it taking forever to find someone, tell them to use ExCon. This also gives me infinite sprint back. YAY!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I have a theory.

I have two major complaints with this game: spawns, and Time To Kill.

Time To Kill just needs to be longer, lol. Instant deaths are lame as hell. This is a weapon balancing thing.

The spawn problem can be fixed in an interesting manner.

Deltacod's Steps to Fixing Spawns:

1) Make Extreme Conditioning give you infinite Sprint
2) Return Spawns to how they have been in the past - You spawn FAR away from the enemy. (From what I hear, you spawn semi close to the enemy to avoid long droughts of inactivity).

This solves the problem! The enemy spawns behind you, but they have to run to find you! When you clear out an enemy spawn or whatever, you have time to turn around and move away before they can get back to where they were, as opposed to them spawning two corners away.

f they ***** about it taking forever to find someone, tell them to use ExCon. This also gives me infinite sprint back. YAY!
I support this, if anything for the sole fact we get infinite sprint.

BECAUSE MARATHON/EXCON WAS DEFINITELY NERF-WORTHY GAIS

Top Bottom