• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I guess we could play the "I have no argument game so I'm going to attack irrelevant qualities of things I don't like" card.

Have you guys really digressed so far that you complain about the most measly **** like sniping? Stephen, you use what is best in the game always, so if sniping was so ****ing easy and overpowered you'd do it. I know for sure.

I know you guys need something to complain about, but couldn't you at least find something worthy? This comes up over and over again and you guys eventually just end up throwing a blanket statement over the argument when you find that you are clearly wrong about sniping being overpowered. That, or you make fun of the fact that 12 year olds quickscope. Big news, 12 year olds use assault rifles too, and 35 year old men quickscope.

Swamp, it is nowhere near that simple. When you're not playing the game, it is easy to say that, but when you actually try to apply this snipingtheorycrafting stuff to an actual game, it never works. It is really inconsistent.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I don't actually know where all this "Seatown is a close quarters map" stuff comes from.

It has like 3 alleyways which open up into the market, which has multiple areas you can be shot down onto from and isn't close quarters. It has that bit with the 30 foot well drop, which is a big open space. That building in the corner, that has 2 big open spaces on it, and that balcony area, which is a long medium range space.

A close quarters map is Dome, or Mission, but Seatown? It's not a close quarters map. It's a map with long ranges and like 200 areas you can head glitch from.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I guess we could play the "I have no argument game so I'm going to attack irrelevant qualities of things I don't like" card.

Have you guys really digressed so far that you complain about the most measly **** like sniping? Stephen, you use what is best in the game always, so if sniping was so ****ing easy and overpowered you'd do it. I know for sure.

I know you guys need something to complain about, but couldn't you at least find something worthy? This comes up over and over again and you guys eventually just end up throwing a blanket statement over the argument when you find that you are clearly wrong about sniping being overpowered. That, or you make fun of the fact that 12 year olds quickscope. Big news, 12 year olds use assault rifles too, and 35 year old men quickscope.

Swamp, it is nowhere near that simple. When you're not playing the game, it is easy to say that, but when you actually try to apply this snipingtheorycrafting stuff to an actual game, it never works. It is really inconsistent.
I don't know what you're talking about Wretched

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Wretched, you're missing some very important points.

One, Snipers are a one-shot cannon at literally every range.

This wouldn't be a problem if you couldn't aim down the scope faster than KFC sells buckets of chicken with the release of a new Tyler Perry movie.

Two: The aim assist on Snipers is... absurd.

Really, Wretched, I love you to death, but you're just way off base when you say that sniping is not overpowered or stupid in this game.

Have you even looked at the time it takes to aim down the scope with sniper rifles in this game? with QuickDraw? It's absolutely absurd, and you're seriously in denial if you think otherwise.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I don't actually know where all this "Seatown is a close quarters map" stuff comes from.

It has like 3 alleyways which open up into the market, which has multiple areas you can be shot down onto from and isn't close quarters. It has that bit with the 30 foot well drop, which is a big open space. That building in the corner, that has 2 big open spaces on it, and that balcony area, which is a long medium range space.

A close quarters map is Dome, or Mission, but Seatown? It's not a close quarters map. It's a map with long ranges and like 200 areas you can head glitch from.
I personally think all the maps should be just like shipment or straight lines

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wretched, you're missing some very important points.

One, Snipers are a one-shot cannon at literally every range.

This wouldn't be a problem if you couldn't aim down the scope faster than KFC sells buckets of chicken with the release of a new Tyler Perry movie.

Two: The aim assist on Snipers is... absurd.

Really, Wretched, I love you to death, but you're just way off base when you say that sniping is not overpowered or stupid in this game.

Have you even looked at the time it takes to aim down the scope with sniper rifles in this game? with QuickDraw? It's absolutely absurd, and you're seriously in denial if you think otherwise.
All of this stuff is true, but at the same time, I don't think I've ever played a game where a quickscoper completely dominated. Or ever had the most kills, for that matter. Sure, snipers look broken on paper, but they don't hold up in play.

If snipers were as good as you say they are, people would be going 30-0 with just snipers, which just doesn't happen.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Snack, I hope you know we love you, no matter how hard you are on yourself.

All homo love.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Lumpy's CoD Philosophy

each range in my eyes should be owned by a different type of weapon. knife, striker, smg, assault rifle, sniper (i only listed what i think is the best at something). that's why smgs and assault rifles are the most prevalent. they cover the most common ranges. so when i'm choosing a primary, i'm making a decision about which range i want to have the advantage. while keeping in mind what range of weapon i've chosen, i move strategically around the map in such a way that will maximize my advantageous encounters and leave me less vulnerable to all of the disadvantageous ranges. the better i execute this type of movement around the map, the better i do and the more likely i am to win every encounter.

my beef with snipers being able to quickscope is that they can go against the tactical hierarchy. getting one shotted instantly at a close/mid range is very frustrating because i couldn't very well have defended myself. i didn't die because i slipped up or someone bested me strategically. i lost because he can get a near instant one hit kill at any range. it feels like i got killed by a predator missile, even though i was using blind eye and blast shield.

with that said, i believe it does take skill to be good with a sniper rifle. i don't think it's easy. snipers don't usually dominate a lobby by quickscoping. i don't think it's a major issue and i don't think they're broken.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Is seaside a dlc map?Haven't played it yet
Seatown.
Sea - Town.

SeaTOWN
Hurr durr you guys know what I meant it doesn't matter.

Dome isn't close quarters to the same degree as Seatown. Dome is a small map, yes, but there are no tight corners or anything. It's quite open in general, full of long sightlines with little cover, and as a result, it plays more towards an AR's midrange cover game than to a close quarters shotgun/SMG game.

Seatown is VERY close quarters. Narrow back alleys with plenty of corners or box stacks obscuring vision are everywhere. The marketplace looks open, but it's really only open from above. It has almost a grid type layout with the market stalls that create, whaddya know, more close range encounters and tight corners. It also has plenty of cover/hidden areas to the upper levels to make it useful for movement. The map also has plenty of buildings - shotgun close quarter central.

The only real open areas are the street, the well area, and... that's it, I guess. Most other open areas of that map aren't used.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Got a MOAB with the usas earlier tonight :D

Luckily I was able to call it in for it to technically count but the cool part didn't happen because we got hte last tag to end the game :/

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.

Seatown is a close quarters map if you make it one.

I pretty much always get my full strike package just by running around in the buildings/alleys.

It's a half and half map.

Also the only thing about snipers that pisses me off in this game, is the fact they can still shoot straight while getting hit by automatic gun fire.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
LOL. You don't have to worry about disagreeing with me.

All of this stuff is true, but at the same time, I don't think I've ever played a game where a quickscoper completely dominated. Or ever had the most kills, for that matter. Sure, snipers look broken on paper, but they don't hold up in play.

If snipers were as good as you say they are, people would be going 30-0 with just snipers, which just doesn't happen.
I can't emphasize this enough.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
each range in my eyes should be owned by a different type of weapon. knife, striker, smg, assault rifle, sniper (i only listed what i think is the best at something). that's why smgs and assault rifles are the most prevalent. they cover the most common ranges. so when i'm choosing a primary, i'm making a decision about which range i want to have the advantage. while keeping in mind what range of weapon i've chosen, i move strategically around the map in such a way that will maximize my advantageous encounters and leave me less vulnerable to all of the disadvantageous ranges. the better i execute this type of movement around the map, the better i do and the more likely i am to win every encounter.

my beef with snipers being able to quickscope is that they can go against the tactical hierarchy. getting one shotted instantly at a close/mid range is very frustrating because i couldn't very well have defended myself. i didn't die because i slipped up or someone bested me strategically. i lost because he can get a near instant one hit kill at any range. it feels like i got killed by a predator missile, even though i was using blind eye and blast shield.

with that said, i believe it does take skill to be good with a sniper rifle. i don't think it's easy. snipers don't usually dominate a lobby by quickscoping. i don't think it's a major issue and i don't think they're broken.
Lumpy hit the nail on the head for me. This is my problem with quickscoping, and why I despise it.

Knife/Riot<Shotgun<SMG<AR/LMG<Sniper

THAT'S the way it should be. Not:

Sniper<Sniper<Sniper<Sniper<Sniper

:glare: I'm sick of aiming, shooting, or even hipfiring at a quickscoping ****tard to be killed at point blank range or SMG/AR range.

Keep your LONG RANGE RIFLE out of my CLOSE QUARTERS.

I don't care if it takes skill or practice. I don't care if it's not consistent. It doesn't belong in my personal space.

And that's all I have to say about that.

You're entitled to your own opinions on the matter. But nothing you have to say will sway me from my opinion. And your opinion is yours, and I expect that I'm not going to suggest you from otherwise.

/somebody get me some frakking coffee

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The thing with quickscoping is they have to do that tedious thing of aiming in, and if you run into one with a Steady Aimed PP90, 9 times out of 10 you'll win.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Seatown is a close quarters map if you make it one.

I pretty much always get my full strike package just by running around in the buildings/alleys.

It's a half and half map.

Also the only thing about snipers that pisses me off in this game, is the fact they can still shoot straight while getting hit by automatic gun fire.
Gotta love that view kick, eh? :troll:

Something I have yet to accomplish. Mah boy.
You haven't gotten one yet? But...you're Delta... D:

Oh and it was on Dome.

We all know how much you love that map Delta.

:troll:
What's wrong with Dome?

It's because ":" and "c" make :c

But thanks.

Just learned Forum awards are up. :awesome:
Vote for me.

/shameless advertising

Pikaville

Terminal was my favourite map!

Also how have they not released all the MW2 maps as DLC yet?

I mean the engine is the exact same, as are the graphics.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
When Terminal is remade for mw3 (yea it's gonna be made for mw3 cuz it's that good :awesome:).............

WILL

GO

DOWN

.................cuz noobtubes suck now :awesome:

Pikaville

Yeah but think of what the Type is gonna do on that A>C corridor.

Then what the FMG's are gonna do to people on the plane!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
And then what my spas shenanigans will do to people that I flank constantly

owait, that's gonna stay the same because spas w/damage is pretty much mw2 spas :awesome:

and if I'm not getting by with that, I got mah boy usas-12 w/damage to get me those ridiculous snipes :awesome::awesome::awesome:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Vote for me.

/shameless advertising
Only if you vote for me! :D

I really would like to win artist/lifetime. :c I've been here 6 years. Would love to have something to show for it. :urg:

/super sad shameless

I already did F8AL.

Not saying what category though :troll:
Same here.:smirk:

Ask Delta (assumingyou were asking me). He seems to hate all of the small maps that everyone like.

Iirc he hates Terminal :glare:
iknowright

...I didn't think it was possible to hate Terminal from MW2. (It'll prolly be remade for MW3.)
mybodyisready.jpg

Can't wait for Terminal.

Appropriate reaction to lack of liking Terminal.
Terminal was my favourite map!

Also how have they not released all the MW2 maps as DLC yet?

I mean the engine is the exact same, as are the graphics.
Brofist

When Terminal is remade for mw3 (yea it's gonna be made for mw3 cuz it's that good :awesome:).............

WILL

GO

DOWN

.................cuz noobtubes suck now :awesome:
BURGERTOWN MUTHA ****AS!

Yeah but think of what the Type is gonna do on that A>C corridor.

Then what the FMG's are gonna do to people on the plane!
:glare:

And then what my spas shenanigans will do to people that I flank constantly

owait, that's gonna stay the same because spas w/damage is pretty much mw2 spas :awesome:

and if I'm not getting by with that, I got mah boy usas-12 w/damage to get me those ridiculous snipes :awesome::awesome::awesome:
I need to try the Usuck.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Can they add a playlist which:

- Lag compensation is disabled
- Assassin is disabled
- Blind eye is disabled
- Death streaks are disabled

???

EDIT: https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/statuses/147532707906330624 (From yesterday)

#MW3 players will also notice a title update tomorrow morning when they connect. This will address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation".
*Approaches with cautious optimism*

EDIT2:

TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom