• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Really? I thought it ended in 2012
If you saw the live streams of Microsoft's E3 2010 conference, then you should know. Some guy announced that they've successfully formed a contract/deal with Activision that Microsoft/the 360 will get the CoD map packs early until 2015. (They may extend this deal next gen too.)

So the next CoD game (which is coming out later this year) will get the map packs early as well.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd definitely be up for a SWF team montage. Thunder and I can record and I can get a friend to edit. :D

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
That's the only thing I don't feel confident about when I'd make my knife montage. I don't plan to do much editing but idk how I would do the 2-3 things I want in the video D:

Fletch

Smash Master
If you saw the live streams of Microsoft's E3 2010 conference, then you should know. Some guy announced that they've successfully formed a contract/deal with Activision that Microsoft/the 360 will get the CoD map packs early until 2015. (They may extend this deal next gen too.)

So the next CoD game (which is coming out later this year) will get the map packs early as well.
For you multi-system guys, does this affect your decision in any way? I've got two 360s and a PS3 and I wouldn't get the 360 version of this game regardless of what they do, but I don't want to see this become a common thing in the multi-platform games, but unfortunately we're starting to see it more and more (FO:NV DLC comes to mind, been waiting on it for PS3 FOREVER)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
For you multi-system guys, does this affect your decision in any way? I've got two 360s and a PS3 and I wouldn't get the 360 version of this game regardless of what they do, but I don't want to see this become a common thing in the multi-platform games, but unfortunately we're starting to see it more and more (FO:NV DLC comes to mind, been waiting on it for PS3 FOREVER)
Yes, it's how Microsoft gets/persuades gamers to choose the 360 version over the PS3 version. Timed exclusivity gives that certain console a slight/considerable edge over the competition if you play your cards right.

It just shows that Microsoft is doing really well and has the extra money to spend on exclusivity/timed exclusivity.

Besides, it's common knowledge that Actvision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch and tons of other game developers/companies favour the 360 over the PS3.

It works both ways.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hrmmmm, I'm planning to make a knife montage at some point like I said, but maybe we could all work on an epic Team SWF montage :D

Oh, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QQtj3fr9M

Discuss.

XD How Helen Keller, WTF are you doing?

I'd definitely be up for a SWF team montage. Thunder and I can record and I can get a friend to edit. :D
That's the only thing I don't feel confident about when I'd make my knife montage. I don't plan to do much editing but idk how I would do the 2-3 things I want in the video D:
I'm semi-confident in my editing skills, but it's been a while, and I lack HD space on PC and editing software (and lack a capture device).

I will start shenaniganing to make clips for a montage.
That's pretty much ALL I do. I enjoy the hell out of this game, and shenanigans make it da bess.

So, should I start sending clips to you guys, or do you just wanna take what I have in my file share so far?

Fletch

Smash Master
Roach, I don't think I've seen you on in a while. I have some people I play Zombies with regularly, you want to play with us tomorrow night when I get home from work?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Lol. Blops is already easy as hell to level up in. I'll probably get 3rd prestige then.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Tuesday morning I'ma download First Strike. ASCENSIONNN!!!11one
This weekend is going to be intense.

Do we know what time it's gonna be released? I believe it was 6 AM (EST) for MW2.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Tuesday morning I'ma download First Strike. ASCENSIONNN!!!11one
This weekend is going to be intense.

Do we know what time it's gonna be released? I believe it was 6 AM (EST) for MW2.
There is no official time on when the map pack will be released tomorrow, but I believe the updates are in PST, not EST.

http://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/32122233719627776

Weekend FAQ. A: #CODBlackOps First Strike available after 2:00am (PST) on Feb 1st regardless of time zone you are in. (http://bit.ly/19Tvfv)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I bet this map pack will break XBL records. Again. (The 'Stimulus Package' map pack for MW2 was downloaded over 2.5 million times during the first week it was available.)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Roach, I don't think I've seen you on in a while. I have some people I play Zombies with regularly, you want to play with us tomorrow night when I get home from work?
Uhhhh yeah ok then. When do you get home?

And sorry, I've just been REALLY busy this week since I've been swamped with school work

Top Bottom