• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
^Probably the best usage of Theater Mode I've ever seen, but I don't watch that many videos on YT, so I wouldn't know.

Equipment has become more of a chore. Ghost + Hacker Pro has started to become more popular recently, and it's annoying as ****. I buy the Claymore each prestige, I've just stopped bothering with the motion sensor, as it slows the game down, and everything else is worthless. Maybe I'll screw around with C4 for a bit this prestige. Almost everything else is worthless.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
C4 has untapped potential.
It can clear out rooms, safe your life, protect objectives, ETC, and it is a generally offensive piece of equipment.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
That comeback video was unbelievable.

Fantastic find.

I love the part where they are down by a good few points then suddenly....

"All areas secured, hold your positions"

Then epicness.

Fletch

Smash Master
For some reason, my frame-rate is dropping like crazy whenever I play with my roommate on split-screen multi, and has frozen mid-game on us several times now. Any suggestions? My connection is great, just seems something else is screwed up.

Anyways, I still don't really like this game. The lack of snipers and the camping I run into in this game just makes it not enjoyable for me, and I hate how explosives just basically suck now. I hit markered TWICE last night on the same guy with an RPG. I'm not asking for OMA/Tubes/DC, but at least make them worth using. Leafy, give me some class suggestions.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Leafy, did you ever find out how the spread is affected when you shoot a shotgun during the ADS frames, with and without steady aim

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Leafy, did you ever find out how the spread is affected when you shoot a shotgun during the ADS frames, with and without steady aim
It's kind of bothersome to explain, but I'll try my best.

Steady Aim reduces the hipfire spread to about 65% of what it normally is. With most Shotguns, Steady Aim hipfire is almost always better, especially on the SPAS-12, HS-10(Dual-Wield) and Olympia (And Masterkey lol), where with Steady Aim, hipfire will always be more accurate than ADS. But really, the difference really doesn't matter for the HS-10(Non-Akimbo) or Stakeout, so you'd be better off with SoH.

Didn't take anywhere near as long to explain than I expected. Hope that's understandable.

EDIT:
For some reason, my frame-rate is dropping like crazy whenever I play with my roommate on split-screen multi, and has frozen mid-game on us several times now. Any suggestions? My connection is great, just seems something else is screwed up.

Anyways, I still don't really like this game. The lack of snipers and the camping I run into in this game just makes it not enjoyable for me, and I hate how explosives just basically suck now. I hit markered TWICE last night on the same guy with an RPG. I'm not asking for OMA/Tubes/DC, but at least make them worth using. Leafy, give me some class suggestions.
I'll say two really easy ones, you probably won't even need anything else.

AK-74u w/ Rapid Fire or Grip
Makarov w/ Extended Mags or Strela-3
Semtex / Concussion
Ghost Pro
SoH Pro
Hacker Pro

I would never even consider using this class personally, but it's really good for someone new. IF you don't know already, the AK-74u is considered the UMP45 of this game, but really, it's nowhere near as good as the UMP. Hell, it's not even on the level of the MW2 Mini Uzi.

FAMAS w/ Dual Mags or Extended Mags(If it takes you a lot of bullets to drop somebody)
Makarov w/ Extended Mags
Frag / Flashbang
Flak Jacket Pro
SoH Pro
Ninja Pro

This is probably the class I use most now. The FAMAS has grown on me a lot this prestige.

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
So you guys with the x-box and playstation versions, do you have any visual customization? On the wii version the only visual customization is gun camo, otherwise everyone looks the same (except some perks like ghost change your uniform a little).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm getting 2nd prestige tonight.

I dunno why, but my highest average K/D ratio is when I use the default SMG class with the MP5K.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Does Wii Speak even work for the Wii version of Black Ops?
Nope. And Nintendo doesn't make the Wii Speak thing anymore if memory serves.

Don't think so. Last I heard someone was making a headset for the wii.
The Wii version of the game includes in-game voice chat. This is the first Call of Duty title to include the voice chat feature for the Wii. Nintendo and PDP have partnered to release the first headset to be used with the Wii known as PDP's Headbanger Headset.

Hope this helps.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wow I'm actually surprised that Nintendo cares enough to make that happen. Still I'd go with 360 or PS3 version of Black Ops any day over the Wii version.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wow I'm actually surprised that Nintendo cares enough to make that happen. Still I'd go with 360 or PS3 version of Black Ops any day over the Wii version.
It's a step in the right direction. It's a shame that the Wii version is missing some features that the other consoles have. (i.e. The zombie map/type "Five" isn't in the Wii version.)

It also makes no sense that you need to be connected to the Internet to play combat training. (A mode where all you do is train/play against the AI/CPUs.)

At least Wii owners get to play CoD4 and Black Ops. (Still no word on MW2 being ported to the Wii.)

I'm assuming you can't save replays in the Wii version either or play split-screen online.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'll say two really easy ones, you probably won't even need anything else.

AK-74u w/ Rapid Fire or Grip
Makarov w/ Extended Mags or Strela-3
Semtex / Concussion
Ghost Pro
SoH Pro
Hacker Pro
This is literally the exact class I use right now (grip on AK), except I do RPG as secondary for fun, except the thing totally sucks in this game. You know me too well. They need to buff the other SMGs.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I figured out how to consistently QUICKSCOPE In this game and I will explain roughly the timing and way to perform this.
The method to doing it is a quick, fluid motion, like wavedashing, and there is an efficiency to it.
The only thing about it, though, is that it is all or nothing. You can't make your gun partially accurate. its either centered, or the spread is equal to hipfire. It involves no breath.

So, Steps:
1. Attatch the VARIABLE ZOOM onto the L96A1 (my preferred sniper. The Psg1 is inconsistant when doing this for some reason).
2. press YY
3. Scope in and wait JUST A MOMENT.
4. Zoom in with your scope by pressing the right joystick and immediately fire.

Explaination: When you scope in, it starts in a random place. When you press YY, it is supposedly more consistent in being centered. The reason you can't just press YY is because of the immediate sway of the sniper and the general inconsistency that comes with the hipfire accuracy during the first moments of scoping in. When you press YY, it seems to center it enough, and then when you zoom in with the variable zoom, for some reason it ignores the sway.
If you go to my fileshare, you can see a nice little clip of me using this for the first time (I had a better one that I couldn't find).

Things you should know:
You don't have to press YY. I don't even know for sure if it makes it much more consistent. It just seems to work more for me when I press it.
Practice this a little. I went to nuketown and tested it out on walls. It is consistent and fires in the same place when you time it right.
It doesn't hurt to wait a second after you scope in.
When you first spawn, you should switch your variable zoom to the third setting. This lets you know where your crosshairs are in a much more defined matter.
If you're killing multiple people in a row, you might catch yourself in a situation where you zoom from the third setting into the first and get a kill or miss, and then you have to shoot from the first setting which will be much less accurate.

D13

Smash Ace
G11 w/ SOH and variable zoom is the best weapon for quickscoping.

Actually, it's the best sniper in the game. >__>

S

smash brawl player 99021

This is literally the exact class I use right now (grip on AK), except I do RPG as secondary for fun, except the thing totally sucks in this game. You know me too well. They need to buff the other SMGs.
Are you dumb? Just because the AK74 is overused doesn't mean they need to buff the others. Just because you're not "pro" at this game with your RPG's doesn't mean you need to whine about it.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Are you dumb? Just because the AK74 is overused doesn't mean they need to buff the others. Just because you're not "pro" at this game with your RPG's doesn't mean you need to whine about it.
Calm down. You don't need to insult him. He was just giving his opinions on the guns. Was it that big of a deal?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It was a big ****ing deal!

Also, I love little kids on Live. ^_^
Reminds me of the other day I played with this squeaker who got BO for his birthday

We were playing Zombies and he's like 8 or something so he starts *****ing and complaining so I tell him to shut the **** up. Then he brings his mom on the mic and she starts telling me off for insulting her kid, and I just tell her to go **** herself and I started cackling while she and her kid were screaming over the mic

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Reminds me of the other day I played with this squeaker who got BO for his birthday

We were playing Zombies and he's like 8 or something so he starts *****ing and complaining so I tell him to shut the **** up. Then he brings his mom on the mic and she starts telling me off for insulting her kid, and I just tell her to go **** herself and I started cackling while she and her kid were screaming over the mic
Careful, she might contact the 'We give a crap what people on the internet say and do' police.

Parents need to research this crap before releasing their spawn upon the WWW.

Shoulda let me talk to her. :cool:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Dunno why I havent thought of this before, but I have a question

so a lot of people like running the dogs and chopper combo, does anyone know if your dogs die if you accidentally shoot them from your chopper?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I smell a Black Ops mythbusters of the future.

Or I may test this myself.

I know you can jump on the dogs as they hop over the level and they get stuck beneath you.

If only you could ride them to victory :(

Edit: Yes, your chopper can kill your own dogs.

Also, you can be killed by your own dogs if one lunges for an enemy and you get in the way.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
No kid compares to Talupe.

Too bad he pretty much boosts the other team though lol.
trolololololol ... Yeah. :<

EAT... DOOOOOOO-KEY!

I smell a Black Ops mythbusters of the future.

Or I may test this myself.

I know you can jump on the dogs as they hop over the level and they get stuck beneath you.

If only you could ride them to victory :(

Edit: Yes, your chopper can kill your own dogs.

Also, you can be killed by your own dogs if one lunges for an enemy and you get in the way.
<3 dogs. ^___^

Funny how I play better w/ M14 + ACOG than Red Dot.

They need to fix the ACOG and knifing more than anything cause there's too much blood and **** in the lens.
Much love for the M14. Haven't tried with ACOG.

You have a good secondary for close range though, yes?

Fletch

Smash Master
Little hostile don't ya think Icy? I openly said I suck right now, and I really don't like the game. I'm sorry for voicing an opinion? I think it's pretty valid given how much I played MW2 and how much I know about these stupid games.

I don't know what to tell you, other than the AK74u is clearly above the rest of the SMGs, so they either need to nerf that or buff the rest depending on how they want to balance those guns. I thought that was obvious?

Anyone want to play Zombies on PS3 today? I'm looking for good players, and Zombies is the main reason I got the game, although I still am getting the hang of it so be gentle on me. I'd prefer a headset.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

That's hilarious. Best part is that he actually put his mom on the mic.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Little hostile don't ya think Icy? I openly said I suck right now, and I really don't like the game. I'm sorry for voicing an opinion? I think it's pretty valid given how much I played MW2 and how much I know about these stupid games.

I don't know what to tell you, other than the AK74u is clearly above the rest of the SMGs, so they either need to nerf that or buff the rest depending on how they want to balance those guns. I thought that was obvious?

Anyone want to play Zombies on PS3 today? I'm looking for good players, and Zombies is the main reason I got the game, although I still am getting the hang of it so be gentle on me. I'd prefer a headset.
I've been getting into Dead Ops recently, me and D13 **** at that. It's fun as hell. I'm not a big fan of the other Zombie modes, but it can be fun to play like once-twice a week, so I'd be down to play today.

Also, I just got Uzi Phenom in one game! I went 14-11 in Domination on Summit, but it was worth it. :) Been having a lot of fun trying to do well with the worthless guns in this game.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I've been playing CTF with my friend recently so he can get Marathon Pro and I really like it. It's a fun game mode imo. I've also been trying out some other SMG's. I tried the PM63 yesterday with extended mags and loved it. Not sure if anyone else will echo my opinions on that gun but I will definitely use it more. Scavenger is also so ftw. I haven't seen it used as much I guess since no more claymore and noob tube resupplies, but It's wonderful. I'm close to getting it pro but the 5 scavenged nade kills is a pain in the ***.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've been playing CTF with my friend recently so he can get Marathon Pro and I really like it. It's a fun game mode imo. I've also been trying out some other SMG's. I tried the PM63 yesterday with extended mags and loved it. Not sure if anyone else will echo my opinions on that gun but I will definitely use it more. Scavenger is also so ftw. I haven't seen it used as much I guess since no more claymore and noob tube resupplies, but It's wonderful. I'm close to getting it pro but the 5 scavenged nade kills is a pain in the ***.
Scavenger is a MUST for the PIMP63 in my opinion. Extendos or rapid fire is recommended... Also since I think those are the only options. O.o

For me, it seems to bad at range (not as bad as Skorpio), but up close it's pretty nice.

I still love the (red) Commando. ^_^ Been trying the MAN16 too. :-/ I really suck with it.

Anyone else have trouble with the Spectre grip, or is it just me? It goes crazy on the recoil. X_X

Top Bottom