• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hmmm that would be an interesting solution. I doubt they'll ever make any altercations to ghost but I actually think this is a cool idea. I always thought the spy plane only showing a ghost user every other scan was a pretty interesting idea too.
Idk, Ghost is supposed to be a counter to spy planes(and air support) I really don't think it should be patched, I've never really had a problem with it.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, Lightweight-marathon users in MW2 pretty much had the same effect because you could never track the blip. Especially with UMP.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
There's nothing bad about going 24-6. You lost because you had crappy randoms on your team and frankly, randoms are randoms, no matter what they are gonna suck no matter what the enemy uses.
TDM, like everything else in this game, is absurdly easy. I don't lose very often, and unless mistakes were made on my part, or my team as a whole was just completely outplayed, I generally get pretty annoyed about it. But the fact that I lost isn't the issue, I'm playing with randoms, I don't expect to even win half of the games I play by myself. What really annoyed me about that game was that:

A) It didn't finish because both my team, and the enemy team were a bunch of camping *****es.
B) The fact literally their entire team was using Ghost.

I have one class where I glitched Ghost Pro onto in order to not show up on killstreaks, making them much easier to shoot down on my part. But running Ghost religiously is just obnoxious. It's baffling to me why so many people run Ghost anyways, when Flak Jacket is so much better.

And Wretched, you're right, but they fixed that issue in this game.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
New patch is coming out hopefully by the end of January.

They're tuning the AK74U and grip combo making it a bit less effective. Vahn stated that the gun re-centers quickly and has predictable recoil making it easy to use. They're tweaking that a bit, so hopefully that won't be the only gun I get killed by anymore.

They're also looking into changing second chance. If player A shoots the opponent into second chance and dies, and player B comes along and cleans him up, player A will still get the kill and player B will earn an assist. Seems fair enough to me. Although it's frustrating to die by this, I seem to be more angry about the assist. I usually try to sprint to the guy and hit him with a stun.

Last thing is some much needed tuning to the RC car. Changing speed and damage. I hate RC car noobs more than second chance noobs.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
They're also looking into changing second chance. If player A shoots the opponent into second chance and dies, and player B comes along and cleans him up, player A will still get the kill and player B will earn an assist. Seems fair enough to me. Although it's frustrating to die by this, I seem to be more angry about the assist. I usually try to sprint to the guy and hit him with a stun.
What they NEED to do is change the god damn invincibility frames. :mad: That's what's broken about it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Second Chance should be so that you only really are able to get shots out if:

1. AR/SMG is out of bullets
2. Shotgun
3. Sniper

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I like that idea for 2nd chance.

It's annoying doing all the work getting them downed only to have your kill pinched.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've never had a problem with the invincibility frames.
Perhaps it is my connection, but I can stop shooting while they're falling and they still die.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I like that idea for 2nd chance.

It's annoying doing all the work getting them downed only to have your kill pinched.
True, but you know what would change that?

Getting rid of those god damn invincibility frames. http://www.myfacewhen.com/20/

Even if they cut down how many frames they were... But putting an ENTIRE clip into someone, to only have them fall down and shoot you ONCE? ****. THAT.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
New patch is coming out hopefully by the end of January.

They're tuning the AK74U and grip combo making it a bit less effective. Vahn stated that the gun re-centers quickly and has predictable recoil making it easy to use. They're tweaking that a bit, so hopefully that won't be the only gun I get killed by anymore.

Last thing is some much needed tuning to the RC car. Changing speed and damage. I hate RC car noobs more than second chance noobs.
...RC-XD is fine.

It's your fault for not runnin flak jacket or using your ears.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You can't tell people that they have to run flak jacket just to avoid dying by RC-XD.
Also, Regardless of if you hear it, usually they are too close to run from, they can speed up, or you will generally run the wrong direction.
Honestly, you can't belittle the effects that RC-XD has on a lot of good players just because you like to abuse it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You can't tell people that they have to run flak jacket just to avoid dying by RC-XD.
Also, Regardless of if you hear it, usually they are too close to run from, they can speed up, or you will generally run the wrong direction.
Honestly, you can't belittle the effects that RC-XD has on a lot of good players just because you like to abuse it.
While I agree with this 110%...

Flak Jacket IS pretty good...

I'm just sayin. But the RC is a little ridiculous for a 3 KS.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Even with Flak Jacket, I've died from RC's before, and I wasn't wounded at the time. If RC's are close enough, you will probably die no matter what you do. And I also agree that even if you hear it, you don't run fast enough to get away, so chances are if the RC is headed towards you, you're screwed. At least with Predator Missiles, you could hide in buildings, or have Cold Blood so its harder to see you.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Flak Jacket is very good for most game modes, but ghost and hardline are honestly better in most situations.
Demolition though, I run flak in demo.

shanus

Smash Hero
True, but you know what would change that?

Getting rid of those god damn invincibility frames. http://www.myfacewhen.com/20/

Even if they cut down how many frames they were... But putting an ENTIRE clip into someone, to only have them fall down and shoot you ONCE? ****. THAT.
Vahn explictly states there are no invincibility frames coded into it and are unaware of whats causing the issue currently.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Vahn explictly states there are no invincibility frames coded into it and are unaware of whats causing the issue currently.
Something needs to be done about it though, because if you shoot him while he's falling into last stand, then you get absolutely no hit markers at all.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
**** this game dude. Just broke my second controller cause of the knifing system.

First I shot a guy 4 times, then I knife him in the back, it even did a lunge but there was no hit detection.

If there's anything that needs a patch it's the knife. Patch it or I'm getting my money back.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
**** this game dude. Just broke my second controller cause of the knifing system.

First I shot a guy 4 times, then I knife him in the back, it even did a lunge but there was no hit detection.

If there's anything that needs a patch it's the knife. Patch it or I'm getting my money back.
I think it might be your connection. The same situation you were in has happened to me numerous times, it's terrible.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I figure if I lunge (which I think should be taken out entirely) I should at least get the kill. Also, I completely agree that the main problem with second chance is the invincibility frames.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
That's another thing, I only end up lunging about half the time. Enemies lunge at me a lot when they knife, but when I try to knife at a distance similar to that, I never lunge. I just don't get why.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I NEVER lunge anymore. The guy has to be like on top of me now if I want to knife him. And in my experience, enemies haven't lunged as much either. I thought they patched the knifing to make it much less of a lunge because it's been great on my end.

Also, maybe I got better or I found a ton of Christmas noobs but yesterday I was having a ton of fun. All my friends were running blackbird except one who just got the game. So as soon as one person got it, everyone else was able to reach theirs. It was like a radar on game. We were practically sitting there waiting for the blackbird to leave so ours would be the next one called in. My friend who just got the game got a care package and gets a blackbird. Next game, another care package. Another blackbird. i never get that lucky :X

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Lolwut, you glitched ghost pro onto a class?
LAN Party/Splitscreen glitch. Look it up. Pretty easy to do, really annoying to explain.

...RC-XD is fine.

It's your fault for not runnin flak jacket or using your ears.
Flak Jacket can't protect you all the time from RC-XD's, which is stupid. RC-XD's should barely do more damage than a grenade, especially if it's a 3(2) killstreak.
There aren't any invincibility frames while you're actually in Second Chance, but on the way down, there's about 0.5 seconds of invincibility. I understand and respect their reasoning for this, but regardless, it's still pretty annoying, especially when sniping or using a shotgun. They are considering a way of addressing this for shotguns, which is nice.

Definitely your connection. I've died to the knife maybe 20 times this prestige, compared to the 100 in my first. Many times have I seen people try to panic knife me from a distance and fail. And sorry to burst your bubble, but for now, they have no intention of further modifying the knife range.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
This is news to me, but thanks.

If anything the RC-XD range should be nerfed.

It kills from miles away.
QFT

Patch it or I'm getting my money back.
RIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhht... Good luck with that. I don't know of ANY retail company or game company who will give you a refund after you've opened a game and played it (I've worked retail for years. It doesn't happen. Not trying to be a ****, but... :-/ Sorry man).

I do agree on the knife thing though. I thought they did something for the lunge system in an update?? Anyone? Bueller?

I think it might be your connection. The same situation you were in has happened to me numerous times, it's terrible.
Fun fact; I've made a knifing class, and have done the lunge and double stab with the B.Knife, but the guy walks away... O_o Whah?

Flak Jacket can't protect you all the time from RC-XD's, which is stupid. RC-XD's should barely do more damage than a grenade, especially if it's a 3(2) killstreak.
Agreed.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I looked it up on youtube and I can't find anything about double stabbing, how do you do it, Odin?

Edit: @ Icy, isn't that just store credit that you get too? Not even cold hard cash?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Is it permanent Leafy? Can you do it for all perks?
Link?
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1haMEtyDDMo

This probably works for Xbox as well, but I don't play Xbox, so I don't care.

It's permanent as long as you don't change the perk on that slot. If you want the glitched perk on other classes without paying for it again, you simply copy the class to another class. And yes, you can do it for all perks. I do this every prestige for Scavenger, Sleight of Hand, Ninja, Tactical Mask, Marathon and Ghost(in the event that I feel like playing Solo, cauz ya need dem Strela-3's), because I'm a lazy piece of **** who doesn't like working for things.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Lololol. Gamestop only gives you 1/1231928784509348th of your money back. Gl bro. :awesome:
This is why I always research game before I purchase them and I never sell them cause I don't want to get ripped off.

A friend of mine recently sold 3 games and got like $5.60 in total for all of them. :glare:

Grandeza

Smash Master
They offered me 25 cents for GH3. I mean are you ****ing kidding me. I didn't want it any more but come on. That's a bag of chips for god sake.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
People could make better and longer montages if they used the PSG1.
Everybody is so stubborn about being cool by using bolt actions.
Its like using ghost/ninja just to be cool.
The PSG1 is better in every way soooo

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I just wanted to share. Apologies if this is below-standard for expectation levels or something

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Lololol. Gamestop only gives you 1/1231928784509348th of your money back. Gl bro. :awesome:
I looked it up on youtube and I can't find anything about double stabbing, how do you do it, Odin?

Edit: @ Icy, isn't that just store credit that you get too? Not even cold hard cash?
Double stab with Ballistic knife is basically when you lunge, but with the B.Knife, you stab with both hands. Watch my vid;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfolyJrOjW4

First kill = mini-lunge.

This is why I always research game before I purchase them and I never sell them cause I don't want to get ripped off.

A friend of mine recently sold 3 games and got like $5.60 in total for all of them. :glare:
They offered me 25 cents for GH3. I mean are you ****ing kidding me. I didn't want it any more but come on. That's a bag of chips for god sake.
Let me give you fine gentlemen some insight into the Gamestop industry.

As an ex-manager, here are the things taken into consideration for trade-in credit.

1)Supply
2)Demand
3) Rarity (which has to do with both 1 and 2)
4)Age

THAT is what really determines the 'credit' you'll get.

As towards cash, you CAN get cash, but it's 20% LESS than store credit because the store credit is tax free. Plus, it forces you to buy stuff from their stores.

Do us all a favor; To make this company go out of business, you CANNOT TRADE A THING TO THEM, BECAUSE THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY FROM SELLING USED GAMES, which they bought from YOU for $3, and are now selling for maybe $25. All profit for them.

When I learned this, I took the F8AL route; Research your games before they come out. I will NEVER sell a game again. Rent>purchase sometimes.

/rant

That was fantastic. Thanks for the share! :)

I love the PSG1 in general.

Fun fact; The PSG1 was made in response to the Munich massacre because the police had no way of getting a good shot on the terrorists. It's also how that super awesome Germany SWAT team formed... Can't remember their name, but they're awesome.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Idk if Gamestop should really go out of business, I mean idk of many video game-only retailers out there. Obviously there's wal-mart and stuff but they don't have a large selection at all(and I don't think you can reserve games there).

Also, I still find the L96 better than the PSG1. Mainly because I can still use variable zoom on the L96 and still get one shot kills most of the time. With the PSG1 I can't have attachments on it if I want to get one shot kills more consistently(unless this has changed recently). That's just my opinion anyway.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
for some reason, treyarch made it so that without attachments the pgs1 kills from the waist up, if theres attachments thats not the case

Top Bottom