• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hauppauge HD PVR

It comes in handy when awesome stuff happens.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd definitely recommend it. The PVR's expensive, but it's a sound investment. It's a one time payment for a fun hobby.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Id be happy to. I need a new mic though, something happened to it and it's all staticy. What prices do they go for?
That's normal when sometimes you hear static in your mic I've read.

I think generic ones you get with the xbox are something like $15-20
Well...according to Futureshop, they're $34.99 plus tax for the official one. The headset which came with my 360 broke so I had to buy a third party one. Only cost me $5 and works wonders! ;)

Are the quality on those good enough? I really only put the mic on to occasionally troll 12 year olds so I don't really know.

I'll see if I can pick one up when I get an sd card.
Yeah, they're good enough.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
:mad:, I think he was JUST talking about the people trying for cross map no scopes.
I don't think he thinks most of us are trying to quickscope or noscope.
cough

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It's generally agreed that "360 no scopes" were never good clips, just something that people brought from sniper lobbies into pubs. That died out in 2008 and the kids with dazzles that don't know what they're doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTl4xLCn5GY
^Example of what modern montages are like. Trickshots are cute and all, but if you're saying that the entire recording community is made up of dumb kiddies, then you're wrong.

You should play with the SWF crew more often, we aren't like the randoms that would actually sit on a ladder and try to get a goofy noscope across ten maps.
I was only angry at the three kids on my team that game. It was turning out to be a good game of demolition and we probably could have won if they were actually trying. No problem with people sniping, but that was a bit disappointing.

I'd definitely recommend it. The PVR's expensive, but it's a sound investment. It's a one time payment for a fun hobby.
Gotta spend money to make money.

:mad:, I think he was JUST talking about the people trying for cross map no scopes.
I don't think he thinks most of us are trying to quickscope or noscope.
cough
Ya, but anyways, a quickscope in this game is more like a barrel stuff. I picked up a sniper yesterday and failed miserably.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ya, but anyways, a quickscope in this game is more like a barrel stuff. I picked up a sniper yesterday and failed miserably.
And rightfully so. One of the perks of this game, it weeds out those that relied on SoH Pro. Now, it's fun.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Well...according to Futureshop, they're $34.99 plus tax for the official one. The headset which came with my 360 broke so I had to buy a third party one. Only cost me $5 and works wonders! ;)
What? Aren't they only like $20 at gamestop or something? :/

My only problem with quickscoping was how it was made easy enough in mw2 for everyone to be able to do. That and the huge amount of kids that consisted of the "imma only quickscope lololol" crowd.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
And rightfully so. One of the perks of this game, it weeds out those that relied on SoH Pro. Now, it's fun.
Sometimes I'll pull out the L96 in FFA games and it can actually be really fun. It's aggravating as all hell when you play decent players, but otherwise I get a kick out of winning games with a sniper in this game.

It feels so rewarding to get a kill with a sniper in this game.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
PRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME---

Wait a minute...

Also, Bowser King, were you PS3 or Xbox?

Snack; We gotta play soon. :)

I am off work tomorrow, but have plans around the 4 oclock area. Will be on after plans.

Also, my sig shoppe is open again [selfish advertising] so if someone wants a sig, find me shoppe!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Here's the thing, if you're on defense what are you supposed to do, rush the other team?

That's something I don't get; when people complain about people camping when the so-called camper is on the defending team........

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Here's the thing, if you're on defense what are you supposed to do, rush the other team?

That's something I don't get; when people complain about people camping when the so-called camper is on the defending team........
That's true, being on offense is basically a disadvantage. Its been a while since I've played S and D. But in MW2 I think people would camp even when they were offense. Do people do that as well? I'm not complaining or anything, I just want to know how most people play S and D in Black Ops.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That's true, being on offense is basically a disadvantage. Its been a while since I've played S and D. But in MW2 I think people would camp even when they were offense. Do people do that as well? I'm not complaining or anything, I just want to know how most people play S and D in Black Ops.
I play SnD like I play every other game mode; Aggressive as sin.

With a side order of caution. I mean, I have ONE life in this gametype. :-/

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
First, if people are camping while they're on offense, then let them. Since each round is on a timer they're the ones that are forced to approach.

And I haven't really played much SnD in Black Ops so I can't really help you out with that sry :/

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The offense isn't bad in BO. Here's the scenario I usually get.

Team Offense approaches
Team Defense also approaches
both meet in the middle
the real SnD match starts when all the ******* die.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

I always rushed the **** out of my opponent's for that tactical advantage. Nobody expects a shotgun in their face 10 seconds within spawning. :awesome:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Me and Alex just played a pretty devastating game of Demolition.

One guy went like 4-68 or something.

We all had massive KD :D

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I can't remember a time where we didn't have 4 counter spy planes and a Blackbird up.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Stupid Callofduty.com keeps linking this random gamertag I have never even heard of to my account.

WTF man!?

Why not just ask me for my gamertag?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just finished campaign. Pretty ****ing awesome story.

Time to start playing online! Make sure you guys add me and invite me if you're playing in games.

XBOX Live Tag: InfernoOmni

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
@ Odin - I got a couple of my buddies over, not ignoring your party invite or anything. XD Just that I don't use a headset when people are over and they're not exactly the best players in the world.

Top Bottom