• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Just got Black Ops yesterday. Gonna' beat Story Mode before I go online.

Is this game as good as MW2 online?
Is the M14 still retardedly broken? If not, what's the best broken gun online now.

I'll definitely wanna' play with you guys once I finish campaign mode. Got a 360.
First of all, welcome. A new addition to team SWF? I hope so.

M14's not broken, no.

Here are some good guns:
Galil
Commando
AK74u
MP5K

Snipers and Shotguns are nothing special now. Shotguns aren't terribad, but they're not good enough to run solo with.

BO disconnects a lot more than MW2 also.
Snipers are okay; There just aren't any good 'camping' spots. The maps aren't very sniper friendly.

Shotties are... Well... You're better off with something else... But they're not terrible.

Wait, it DCs a lot? O_o

M14, broken? Definitely not. There isn't really a gun that's really overpowered, but a lot of people use the AK-74u. Its basically the UMP of Black Ops, except its not really that overpowered, its just that a lot of people use it.

Also, I think the online is pretty good, grenade launchers aren't used as much due to the lack of one man army, no danger close, and scavenger doesn't resupply for launchers. In all honestly I'm kind of bored of call of duty just because I've been playing it so much. But I've found it more enjoyable than MW2. Definitely not as frustrating.
BO>MW2 imho. I really did hate MW2.

Alex is extremely cute :3......and has amazing hair.
:confused: What is this? I don't even

Guys, I'm pretty sure he's thinking M16, which is still a great gun, but nowhere near the laserbeam-o-doom it was is previous games throughout the series.
It's a great game, but like anything, it's not perfect.
That makes sense. I love the M14, but haven't used it much.

M16 is a burst fire. That's all that really needs to be said about it.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Everyone. The AK74u IS overpowered. I just had a 23-1 game with it. What does that tell you?
Anyone can go 23-1 with any gun eventually. Getting a good game with a gun doesn't mean it's overpowered, all it tells me is that you had a good game. If I go 23-1 with the Uzi, does that become overpowered as well? Also, depending on the gametype and your killstreaks, 23-1 isn't difficult at all. Maybe it's just me, but I've never really understood why people think the AK-74u is so incredible. Perhaps people don't realize this, or are too busy hopping on the AK-74u hate train to truly understand, but the AK-47 is superior to the AK-74u overall.

Here's why, along with some other comparisons:
- The AK-47 and the AK-74u both fire at 750RPM, with a 30 round magazine.
- The AK-47 does 40-30 damage, while the AK-74u only does 40-20, meaning that the AK-47 kills faster at a distance, while still killing at the same speed up close.
- The AK-47 has better recoil than the AK-74u, especially at a distance.
- The only thing that the AK-74u has over the AK-47 is that the AK-74u has the SMG stats (Hipfire, mobility, ADS time, etc.), and access to Rapid Fire.

Call it what you want, but the AK-74u is far from overpowered, in my opinion.

AK-47 + Dual Mags + Steady Aim Pro = ****. Just saying.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
For those interested they should join alliscod.com and get ready to dominate as Team SWF. The ladder chat is being worked on and will possibly be up and running in the next few days.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
M16 got nerfed big time. The G11 is amazing, though. It's always a 2 burst at most, sometimes 1 depending on how far away your opponent is.

AK74U isn't overpowered, it's overused. The only thing that's bothersome is the 74U with grip and rapid fire, and it's still not overpowered. Does what it's supposed to do. It's a 5 shot kill at long range.

I've been using the Famas a lot lately and it's pretty damn good, along with the AUG.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is everyone moving turtle speed? Even with a good connection I'm sprinting very slowly.

Is the game broken?
Yeah I got this too. It looks like they fixed it, though.

In an unrelated note, the AK47 is now my favorite gun. It's just so good. Run that thing silenced and it's clobbering time.

D

Deleted member

Why is everyone moving turtle speed? Even with a good connection I'm sprinting very slowly.

Is the game broken?
Yeah, I got on today and it was moving really slow. From what I hear, Treyarch did it by accident and are trying to fix it.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Uhh I guess for now we wait. Idk exactly what's going on with the ladder system but I can ask someonee about it and find out when I get a chance

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I knoez. I'm basically trying to help out with finding problems on the site and partially contributing to activity (posting in threads and blogs and such).

I can just tell you here when the whole ladder system gets up and running if you want.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
28-0 on grid.
I got a nuke chopper gunner and dog combination.
works well because every time someone spawns, I'd hear “beep beep death”.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I've only gotten a perfect match once. Pretty sure I was using my Ghost/SoH/Hacker Pro, Supressed Galil class. I think it was 22-0 on Summit.

Summit is hot.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lol yea exactly like that. It's a whole lot easier to do when you get Spetsnaz spawn like you did.

I love going back into theater, going to the person that got killed, and watching how they stay in killcam as they watch what you just did to them :awesome:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You spelled mohicans wrong.
When I went 28-0, I was sniping, but then I picked up a galil. I wouldn't be proud of going 28-0 if I had camped, though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Commando really is just great.

Is it me, or would TDM just be so much better if they replaced Ghost with Stopping Power? Last night, I got a TDM on Launch where I lost going 24-6 and literally 6 of 6 players on the other team were using Ghost, and I don't know about the entire team, but I died to three different people, and they all also had Hacker or Hacker Pro. I lost by time with the overall score being 3300-4700, with the random under me going 4-12. ****ing stupid. Never playing TDM again, makes me sick. I don't really care about stopping power, I just hate Ghost. Without Ghost, my Spy Plane, which I gave up running Dogs to use would have been somewhat useful.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I have a solution.
If two spy planes are up at once, ghosters can be seen. It would be the perfect patch for this game.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
There's nothing bad about going 24-6. You lost because you had crappy randoms on your team and frankly, randoms are randoms, no matter what they are gonna suck no matter what the enemy uses.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I have a solution.
If two spy planes are up at once, ghosters can be seen. It would be the perfect patch for this game.
Hmmm that would be an interesting solution. I doubt they'll ever make any altercations to ghost but I actually think this is a cool idea. I always thought the spy plane only showing a ghost user every other scan was a pretty interesting idea too.

Top Bottom