• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Imn looking for some people to play with, i usually TDM, my K/D is like 1.2(something) just tired of getting matched with people who go negative badly. Asking recent players either gets mixed answers. Some re the players who goes neg and others are a**es who think there too good.
So anyways SNTRL is my gamertag also, so if you dont think your too good to add meh....then add me

Also could you add me to that list, thanks

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Damn, how do you get so good with the Tomohawk? It looks so fun to use, but I always miss by a bit or I have a really bad hand eye coordination so I suck at telling distances and what not :urg:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Imn looking for some people to play with, i usually TDM, my K/D is like 1.2(something) just tired of getting matched with people who go negative badly. Asking recent players either gets mixed answers. Some re the players who goes neg and others are a**es who think there too good.
So anyways SNTRL is my gamertag also, so if you dont think your too good to add meh....then add me

Also could you add me to that list, thanks
You're already on the list. Under Xbox 360 players.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I actually only thought of that the other day.

Most people would never run Counter Spy Plane though, just saying.

The decoys on Blackbird though 0_0

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I played a whole team using second chance yesterday. Instead of 3 shots to kill, it's usually around 10 or so.

Every time I'm trying to finish someone off in second chance, be it spraying them or throwing a stun, someone always comes by and cleans me up. Most infuriating thing ever? Yep.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I played a whole team using second chance yesterday. Instead of 3 shots to kill, it's usually around 10 or so.

Every time I'm trying to finish someone off in second chance, be it spraying them or throwing a stun, someone always comes by and cleans me up. Most infuriating thing ever? Yep.
Actually its only 1 or 2 extra bullets to kill someone in second chance, it feels like 10 bullets because you are probably shooting the guy while he has invincibility frames. Its still the most annoying perk in the game though.

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Usually, as long as you aim for the stomach and up. Unless the enemy you shot is using second chance.
I hate when I don't expect it, especially if there able to get a shot in on me. Btw, how long does it last before you die (if you don't get shot) in second chance?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just got Black Ops yesterday. Gonna' beat Story Mode before I go online.

Is this game as good as MW2 online?
Is the M14 still retardedly broken? If not, what's the best broken gun online now.

I'll definitely wanna' play with you guys once I finish campaign mode. Got a 360.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
M14's not broken, no.

Here are some good guns:
Galil
Commando
AK74u
MP5K

Snipers and Shotguns are nothing special now. Shotguns aren't terribad, but they're not good enough to run solo with.

BO disconnects a lot more than MW2 also.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
M14, broken? Definitely not. There isn't really a gun that's really overpowered, but a lot of people use the AK-74u. Its basically the UMP of Black Ops, except its not really that overpowered, its just that a lot of people use it.

Also, I think the online is pretty good, grenade launchers aren't used as much due to the lack of one man army, no danger close, and scavenger doesn't resupply for launchers. In all honestly I'm kind of bored of call of duty just because I've been playing it so much. But I've found it more enjoyable than MW2. Definitely not as frustrating.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Guys, I'm pretty sure he's thinking M16, which is still a great gun, but nowhere near the laserbeam-o-doom it was is previous games throughout the series.

Also, I personally think it has one of the best MP's in the series. There's nothing outwardly broken like in previous games (WaW Double Mag MP40, CoD4 M16, MW2 OMA DC Noobtubes, etc.). It's easily the most balanced game in the series.

However, there are a couple of things that I personally see as a problem. The game has a lot of disconnections mid-game than MW2, which I personally hate more than anything else. The overcentralization of the Ghost perk can sometimes make games incredibly slow, especially TDM. An annoyance, but manageable. Although I personally don't see it as a really serious problem, the AK-74u outclasses the vast majority of SMGs, nowhere near the level of the UMP45 to other SMGs in MW2, but mostly because the rest of the SMGs for the most part are just God awful. I personally don't see it as overpowered, and some might disagree with that statement, but it's pretty easily the most used gun in the game, and the absurd amount of usage it gets is leading to a lack of variety in the weapon choices. Outside of the SMGs, there's a really good weapon balance though.

It's a great game, but like anything, it's not perfect.

Top Bottom