• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Played lots more- thoughts.
FN FAL + PM63 are IMHO the best guns for a while (but FN FAL takes time to get down shooting fast).
Tomahawk is amazing if you learn to use it. Most of the game takes place in close quarters and if you jump to the right and throw to the left, it almost always hits.
RC XD shouldn't be used over spy plane.
hardline pro is too good.
sleight of hand + sub machine guns = ridiculously fast killstreaks
Ballistic knife is pretty bad and so is the cross bow.
Shotguns are useless even though the game is generally close range.
spy plane/napalm or care package (if you're not using hardline)/mortar is a great setup for people who don't feel like getting to 11 is rewarding enough.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Not even close to the level of destruction a Gunship brings. A Gunship can change the pace of a game and get anywhere from 10 to 40 kills if nobody tries to shoot it down. The most an Attack Helicopter can do is get 5, assuming some idiots actually RUN OUT INTO THE OPEN.
They also can change the pace of the game you know

That's no excuse for not having a class that is designed to shoot down air support. I guarantee that your K/D doesn't suggest that you die because you run out of ammo. If you played the objective, I can assure you that you can afford to have a launcher. You and I both know that you don't have many pistol kills and even then, you could always pick up the guns from your teammates that you claim die all the time. Why the **** would you ever use a ballistic knife when you know a launcher would benefit everyone in the long run. I severely doubt that you get more kills to offset the number of deaths that come with using such a terrible secondary. If you can spare a secondary slot for something that ****ty, I'm sure you can make one and swap it out for a Strela.
Dude, you have never seen me run out of AK47 ammo and proceed to still get kills with a pistol. I ran out of ammo by the time I got my RC car and I actually managed to go all the way up to my Attack Helicopter with just my pistol equipped. Sure, I could steal my opponent's gun, but the fact that most of the time I see them using a gun I hate like the FAMAS or a gun that I like with ****ty attachments that won't serve me use and might actually get me killed faster keeps me from stealing my opponent's weapon. Sure, I could also use Scavenger, but I've seen other perks that serve much better use than Scavenger.

Face it, I NEED that pistol slot or else I'm toast and when I'll most likely get an air support class once I prestige once or twice so I can actually get some space to work with.

And did you ever think I might actually like the ballistic knife and as well as be good with it?

Doesn't matter, because that's an "if" situation and I already know you aren't a selfless team player. You play for yourself and your win/loss ratio shows.
First off, I've never cared for K/D ratios in my life (and I'm sure you've read my posts on my disdain for the K/D ratios). Any of those times I asked whether ___ was a good ratio was because of my curiosity and nothing less. I have never quit a game because my ratio is going down and you know that, so I have no idea where you're getting this whole "you only play for your K/D ratio" and crap.

Second off, how many games have we actually played together in MW2 and how many of those games have you not seen me shoot down something? I've even shot down UAVs because you told me to. If I didn't shoot anything down, it was because I hadn't died yet because I managed to cover myself from a Harrier or a CG or whatever the hell was in the air at the moment and I didn't feel like dying when I was so close to getting a kill streak.

So don't even get off at me by saying that I've NEVER done anything selfless because you've seen me play already, no matter how much I may suck at this game

You should have got it for the 360 bro. It doesn't need to be friends from school, we have a small PS3 community here, you can add people in your game, and there are many sites out there, such as hupit gaming that allow you to add and make new friends. You not being social is no excuse for not having people to play with.
The only reason why I haven't even played with any of the PS3 people here is because I don't even have a mic. I don't want to rely my message of "plz g3t my cp plzzzzzz" to 5 different people who are the nearest at me atm since 1) that's too long and 2) they'll most likely be gone to another place on the map by the time they read that message. I mean, if I have a friend, at least I can get on the phone and talk to them while they're playing and if they're near me I'll tell them to take my care package for me.

Explain to me what I missed. Next time get your point across instead of posting something very vague.
Excuse me :mad: if I didn't make my point across right.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Played lots more- thoughts.
FN FAL + PM63 are IMHO the best guns for a while (but FN FAL takes time to get down shooting fast).
Tomahawk is amazing if you learn to use it. Most of the game takes place in close quarters and if you jump to the right and throw to the left, it almost always hits.
RC XD shouldn't be used over spy plane.
hardline pro is too good.
sleight of hand + sub machine guns = ridiculously fast killstreaks
Ballistic knife is pretty bad and so is the cross bow.
Shotguns are useless even though the game is generally close range.
spy plane/napalm or care package (if you're not using hardline)/mortar is a great setup for people who don't feel like getting to 11 is rewarding enough.
I agree with most of this except for the shotguns being useless, I've been doing great lately with the spas-12. .

Fletch

Smash Master
The only reason why I haven't even played with any of the PS3 people here is because I don't even have a mic. I don't want to rely my message of "plz g3t my cp plzzzzzz" to 5 different people who are the nearest at me atm since 1) that's too long and 2) they'll most likely be gone to another place on the map by the time they read that message. I mean, if I have a friend, at least I can get on the phone and talk to them while they're playing and if they're near me I'll tell them to take my care package for me.
You know you can use any bluetooth headset right? I bought my mic for one cent.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
When I said mic, bluetooth headsets were also part of that.

And wth? I thought Bluetooth headsets went for more money? I've gone to stores where they're like 50$

Anyways, isn't that one cent headset sort of bad quality though? I also want to relay my message across clearly btw

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They also can change the pace of the game you know
No they can't, you don't see peope losing Demoliton games because they were spawnkilled by an attack helicopter. It's more of an annoyance, not a threat.

Dude, you have never seen me run out of AK47 ammo and proceed to still get kills with a pistol. I ran out of ammo by the time I got my RC car and I actually managed to go all the way up to my Attack Helicopter with just my pistol equipped. Sure, I could steal my opponent's gun, but the fact that most of the time I see them using a gun I hate like the FAMAS or a gun that I like with ****ty attachments that won't serve me use and might actually get me killed faster keeps me from stealing my opponent's weapon. Sure, I could also use Scavenger, but I've seen other perks that serve much better use than Scavenger.

Face it, I NEED that pistol slot or else I'm toast and when I'll most likely get an air support class once I prestige once or twice so I can actually get some space to work with.

And did you ever think I might actually like the ballistic knife and as well as be good with it?
4 kills with a pistol when you probably sat in a corner with it doesn't prove the usefulness of a pistol over a Strela. You not liking an enemy's primary doesn't take away the fact that it will always be better. The FAMAS is amazing regardless of the attachment, just because you don't know how to use it doesn't mean that you're better off with a pistol. Scavenger solves your running out ammo problem and it positively effects your team. As much as you don't like to admit it, Hardline, Flak Jacket, and Lightweight are all selfish perks and Ghost is the worst of them all. It's not bad to be selfish, but saying that other perks are more useful isn't right.

The ballistic knife sucks, just throwing that out there.

First off, I've never cared for K/D ratios in my life (and I'm sure you've read my posts on my disdain for the K/D ratios). Any of those times I asked whether ___ was a good ratio was because of my curiosity and nothing less. I have never quit a game because my ratio is going down and you know that, so I have no idea where you're getting this whole "you only play for your K/D ratio" and crap.
I never said you only play for K/D, I was making a point that your K/D doesn't reflect how good you are with the ballistic knife. I guarantee that the number of kills you get with the ballistic knives is a lot lower than the number of deaths you get because of it.

Second off, how many games have we actually played together in MW2 and how many of those games have you not seen me shoot down something? I've even shot down UAVs because you told me to. If I didn't shoot anything down, it was because I hadn't died yet because I managed to cover myself from a Harrier or a CG or whatever the hell was in the air at the moment and I didn't feel like dying when I was so close to getting a kill streak.
I don't believe you've ever shot anything down in the times we've played. F8AL was always the one with the Stinger, you either never talked, or just complained because the other team was killing you because you were a low level and had crappy guns.

So don't even get off at me by saying that I've NEVER done anything selfless because you've seen me play already, no matter how much I may suck at this game

You being selfless before (which you never were) doesn't change the fact that you're selfish now. It's really not a big deal, so long as you aren't on my team. You not having a mic is also your fault.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I love shooting down spy planes and helicopters in this game. It's free points and helps you get ghost pro, which is definitely one of the best perks in the game (I'd say the best).

Leveling up in this game is mad easy. I was getting a level every two to three games or so, even in the 40s. I eagerly await the next patch though. Sound whoring = love.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No they can't, you don't see peope losing Demoliton games because they were spawnkilled by an attack helicopter. It's more of an annoyance, not a threat.

Does it still give you and your team a lot of points? Yes it does thus it's a threat.

4 kills with a pistol when you probably sat in a corner with it doesn't prove the usefulness of a pistol over a Strela. You not liking an enemy's primary doesn't take away the fact that it will always be better. The FAMAS is amazing regardless of the attachment, just because you don't know how to use it doesn't mean that you're better off with a pistol. Scavenger solves your running out ammo problem and it positively effects your team. As much as you don't like to admit it, Hardline, Flak Jacket, and Lightweight are all selfish perks and Ghost is the worst of them all. It's not bad to be selfish, but saying that other perks are more useful isn't right.

The ballistic knife sucks, just throwing that out there.

At least pay attention to your own advice. Whatever happened to you not knowing how to use the Ballistic Knife but the other person knowing or something?

I don't believe you've ever shot anything down in the times we've played. F8AL was always the one with the Stinger, you either never talked, or just complained because the other team was killing you because you were a low level and had crappy guns.
I can't believe I'm hearing YOU of all people saying this. We even had a fight over you seeing me as a tool for destroying air support for crying out loud.

You being selfless before (which you never were) doesn't change the fact that you're selfish now. It's really not a big deal, so long as you aren't on my team. You not having a mic is also your fault.
I'm sorry if my financial status won't allow me to buy a mic

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My mic cost 50 cents of so, and it's quality is good enough that I did a ****ing podcast with it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry if my financial status won't allow me to buy a mic
Yet, you could afford to buy Black Ops for the PS3.

(But if someone else bought you the game, then disregard this post.)

EDIT: Just read this online

It was announced back in September that the co-op campaign was taken out of Black Ops. The possibility of it coming in the future is highly unlikely.
Will edit the OP now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
(But if someone else bought you the game, then disregard this post.)
Yeah pretty much.

The only reason why I could afford a PS3 was because my dad is the boss in one of those cargo shipping work places and they had two extra PS3s left over, one of which went to my dad that ended up going to me.

The money for my Black Ops actually came from me saving it up, then giving it to my dad that morning before he dropped me off at school for him to pick up the copy of the game before he got home to not waste so much time.

EDIT:

Wow, everytime I go to a store I see bluetooth sets ranging from 20-50 bucks which I don't have the money for

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Let's blow a friendly debate out of proportion and call it a who's better flame war! That's exactly what it is!

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It doesn't matter if you were having a friendly or heated debate.
Nobody has the right to intervene but mods who think it is getting out of hands.
Does anybody get killed unnatural amounts of times from knifes? Even without commando I can pump someone with lead and they get close enough to knife me.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if you were having a friendly or heated debate.
Nobody has the right to intervene but mods who think it is getting out of hands.
Does anybody get killed unnatural amounts of times from knifes? Even without commando I can pump someone with lead and they get close enough to knife me.
Really? Whenever I try to melee someone I miss for some odd reason even though I'm looking right at them and I'm close enough, they move slightly last second and I miss and they proceed to knife me, its very frustrating which is why I gave up on knifing and I usually just hip-fire at close range instead.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Wretched, can you tell me which mod exactly is intervening?
None, because it hasn't escalated.

Really? Whenever I try to melee someone I miss for some odd reason even though I'm looking right at them and I'm close enough, they move slightly last second and I miss and they proceed to knife me, its very frustrating which is why I gave up on knifing and I usually just hip-fire at close range instead.
Its probably your connection.
They should've set up dedicated servers because the host system usually makes me angry face.
I played on a bad connection, wirelessly, and then I played on a great, manual connection. The first time, I never got any effective knifes. Sure, I could stab a camper in the back, but doorway confrontations I always lost.
On the other hand, on my good connection my knifes always registered first and I could knife from commando distances.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You're probably right, my connection has always been terrible, so that's probably why. Well until my parents get comcast I'll just have to refrain from using the knife.

Fletch

Smash Master

Anyways, isn't that one cent headset sort of bad quality though? I also want to relay my message across clearly btw
Nope, it's a great set, better than most of the ones people use. I actually got it for a .01 credit, it was on sale for 19.99 and I got a $20 Mail In Rebate. I used to post these deals all the time in the old MW2 thread, I'll see if I can find another one.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Are headsets worth it for Black Ops right now? Isn't the sound a bit... glitched up right now? All I can ever hear are people reloading, never footsteps (except for mine).

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Footsteps are glitched out.
If you play with a second player, you will hear double mic audio.
If you want to win matches, you need to talk to your teammates. Get a mic if you want to talk to your teammates.
Otherwise you'll just be a random.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Its not consistent, but I'm sure we'll see some montages.
Plus, has anyone confirmed the weapon switch quickscope?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I lol'd. Btw are you able to dolphin dive from that ridge across to the pathway the guy was on? I noticed an opening in the sandbags where the diving guy was heading.

Either way I'm going to check it once I get my xbox back *sadface*

I realized from watching that video that I can dive off cliffs and survive with Lightweight Pro. Imma try and get an amazing kill doing that.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The lag burrrrnsssssss!!!!!!!! On Xbox and PS3, there is an absurd amount of server-side lag, but Xbox plays beautifully compared to PS3. Getting a whole party in a lobby on Xbox is a nightmare, but on PS3 it works 100% of the time.

Does anyone else notice that when you play in a party, that it attempts to match you against other parties? In a way, I kinda like it, because it usually leads to more competition - which I'm always up for. But in that same sense, it's generally a lot harder to stomp a party of 6, even in pubs.

Anyways, I'm level 45, I'll probably reach 50 in the next two-three days then create another account and do all 15 prestiges on it. The lag and the lack of ability to soundwhore is killing me, my W/L is only about 3 (Which sucks, as I was hoping to get it around 15.00), and my K/D is sitting at about 1.80 (Going up as I learn to deal with the BS that should be fixed with the patch (spawns, lag, etc.)) How about you guys?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I usually don't care about my W/L ratio. I mean, I'll care if it's like 0.50 but if it's something like 0.80 or 0.90 then w/e. Plus randoms always screw everything up/are bks.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I usually don't care about my W/L ratio. I mean, I'll care if it's like 0.50 but if it's something like 0.80 or 0.90 then w/e. Plus randoms anways screw everything up/are bks.
Oh yeah, tell me about it. Randoms usually bring down your W/L ratio. Playing with a full party of friends is a blast.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Level 45 or something. I don't care so much about my K/D or W/L. Just try to play with my friends and hatched some people.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** you all play so much. ATM I'm at 44 1st prestige

And tbh I'm doing much MUCH better than I ever did in mw2. I mean, I've gotten like 4 chopper gunners on my own today which I could NEVER accomplish in mw2.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
**** you all play so much. ATM I'm at 44 1st prestige

And tbh I'm doing much MUCH better than I ever did in mw2. I mean, I've gotten like 4 chopper gunners on my own today which I could NEVER accomplish in mw2.
You're the highest rank here if you're first prestige, 44.

I'm first prestige, 26 or so. I'm trying to help Mr. Badger get Vegas, but it's proving quite difficult.

Top Bottom