• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why don't you guys like the PM63 ODIN?
If you put on rapid fire you will always win every single fire fight and then some.
With sleight of hand the small clip doesn't even matter.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Why don't you guys like the PM63 ODIN?
If you put on rapid fire you will always win every single fire fight and then some.
With sleight of hand the small clip doesn't even matter.
I love the PM63, but I use Extended Mag w/Scavenger. The first game I used it I felt like the clip size was too small, and I would usually run out of ammo with it.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, you have to be wise with the ammo.
Actually, my 3 main setups are (as my current level at my friends allows):
Famas/Red Dot, last pistol/rapid fire, hardline, sleight of hand, marathon (does anyone think all the last perks are outclassed by the others?)
PM63/rapid fire, last pistol/rapid fire, scavenger, sleight of hand, marathon
AN FAL/Reflex, ballistic knife, Hardline, sleight of hand, marathon (I use it when I go indoors because usually I don't shoot close range anyways)
Spy Plane (because I can't depend on randoms), Napalm/care package, Mortar
any thoughts on what I should change?

Sariku

Smash Master
I think Sam Turret's also kinda terrible, unless you're using Hardline Pro like I am. :3

Right now I'm using Hardline Pro with Sam Turret, Care Package, and Sentry Gun. Which allows me to cycle every single one of them for a different kill streak, :3

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I like marathon, but I'm a huge fan of Hacker.

Working on hacker pro now; just need claymore kills which isn't going as quickly as I thought.

I <3 my m1911s. Python isn't too shabby either, but I only use them for the Contracts. I have B.Knife as my secondary for the lolz right now. Can anyone confirm that scavenger returns knives for the B.knife?

I love the 74u, as does everyone else (but once I get some cod points I'll try the pm63). Warsaw camo is my favorite. My emblem looks pretty close to my avy (except with a skull). And I like the FAMAS/AUG and M14, haven't tried much else. Tomahawk is my 'grenade of choice'.

I'm now running UAVSpy Plane/Counter/Care Package. Whenever I run Hardline, I almost always seem to run a 10+kill streak, but I'm sure the moment I add attack dogs or something, I'll never reach it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Had to put this game down just now. Really starting to get frustrated with some things. Although there's a patch coming up, currently this game is obnoxious.

1. No footsteps = bad kids do well, which is stupid
2. Spawning people behind me half the time (or more)
3. Other peoples' guns shoot bullets, mine shoot confetti
4. Panic knifing

Fix please.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
@ O D I N: there's always C4+domination if you really want Hacker Pro :]

Also I like Berlin camo. I forget what Warsaw camo is, but it it might be one I like.....

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Had to put this game down just now. Really starting to get frustrated with some things. Although there's a patch coming up, currently this game is obnoxious.

1. No footsteps = bad kids do well, which is stupid
2. Spawning people behind me half the time (or more)
3. Other peoples' guns shoot bullets, mine shoot confetti
4. Panic knifing

Fix please.
1. Yesssssssssssss
2. Would be solved if I could hear footsteps.
3. As much as I like to complain, it's probably my problem and not the game's. >_>''
4. Knifing is AWFUL.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
1. I haven't noticed, but thats prolly because I play at a faster pace because I usually don't worry about dying in objective based games.
2. The spawn system is bad again. I have spawned and been sniped/shot one second later.
3. Some guns are overpowered MUCH more than others. I said this earlier.
4. Run ballistic. It may suck as a projectile, but if you're in knifing range you shouldn't need anything that shoots.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so is it because of the lack of a patch that Ninja Pro isn't doing it's thing? Even though I SHOULD be hearing rhinoceros footsteps like SitRep Pro if I'm not mistaken, I'm only hearing normal level footsteps

So annoying because I really wanted to sound ***** :/

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Much of my game is based off of my ability to hear footsteps, which is also why I bought the headset in the first place.

They messed up on the footsteps when they released the game. It's as if everyone has ninja on right now I believe, or something like that. I heard that once they patch it, ninja and ninja pro will be much more beneficial in terms of hearing footsteps.

Once that patch happens, all the baby buffalo are once again going to get destroyed. I'll be running Scavenger, SoH, and Ninja.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm kind of wondering why it's taking them so long to patch it. I'm sure it took people a whole 10 minutes to find the bug.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is a bit late, but why does C4 get no credit as an amazing offensive piece of equipment? It's not just for the Flag strategy and I'm ashamed of you guys for not bringing up how amazing it is already. :( It's the only equipment I use!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's like...

Just toss it in the air. And double tap X. And get a ****ton of kills. It works!

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I like the shotguns in this one, but they only kill at mid range max. The Olympia kills the farthest since it's the most powerful and good range, but it takes ages to reload.

You have to play very strategically to get a lot of kills with them, but I've noticed my HS10 and Python w/ scope work best on Nuketown, Firing Range, and Launch.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I like the shotguns in this one, but they only kill at mid range max. The Olympia kills the farthest since it's the most powerful and good range, but it takes ages to reload.

You have to play very strategically to get a lot of kills with them, but I've noticed my HS10 and Python w/ scope work best on Nuketown, Firing Range, and Launch.
Shotgun Class:

Lightweight/Ghost
Sleight of Hand
Marathon

/Reload problems

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
k im adding you guys when i get back from my classes today, especially those who I played with a few times in mw2

ive only been playing tdm so far to get used to the maps and because Id rather play the other modes with a party

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Python w/ scope
eeeeeewwww get that thing off of your pistol. I don't even know why they made acog scope an attachment for the Python. Makes it look so goofy.......

Shotgun Class:

Lightweight/Ghost
Sleight of Hand
Marathon

/Reload problems
Wow forgot I could run Marathon and SoH together. Imma do that next time I get on.

Lobos

Smash Master
I added all the PSN players here. If you get a friend request from FDSariku, accept it.
GGs yesterday btw........s&d is not my fave type of game but I got alot of money and XP from it lol

I just got the game on friday and with like around 10hours+ im like rank 38? no prestige.

my W/L and K/D ratio are both above 1.33 :awesome:

Dstr1ck

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have this for the wii? I checked the online smashboards thread but nobodys posted in that. The wii is such a pain to play on. C4 takes too long to use (hold left on d-pad wait half a sec then hit up with analog) and thats just talking about getting it out. Also im curious if the invisible gun glitch is happening on other consoles because it is the absolute worst thing about this game.

Sariku

Smash Master
GGs yesterday btw........s&d is not my fave type of game but I got alot of money and XP from it lol

I just got the game on friday and with like around 10hours+ im like rank 38? no prestige.

my W/L and K/D ratio are both above 1.33 :awesome:
I was only doing SnD because I really needed to prestige that night, and since I usually at least got around 5-6 kills, it definitely helped me. Next time we play though, (today?) I'll do TDM and such, :3
Unless I start failing horribly. Then I take a long break.

Sariku

Smash Master
alright. And sorry to anyone if multiple invites are sent. the party system is so screwed, sometimes I'm not sure if one actually sends or not. so I try again.

And to the Wii owner, I've yet to experience any invisible gun glitch. must be a Wii thing.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone have this for the wii? I checked the online smashboards thread but nobodys posted in that. The wii is such a pain to play on. C4 takes too long to use (hold left on d-pad wait half a sec then hit up with analog) and thats just talking about getting it out. Also im curious if the invisible gun glitch is happening on other consoles because it is the absolute worst thing about this game.
Not that I'm aware of. If you'd like to give me your FC, I'd be more than happy to edit it into this thread's OP and the "Smashboards Online" thread. :)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Alright, I wanna say something, because this annoys me more than anything.

Today I was playing CTF to get the marathon pro challenge, and I was the only person who was going for the flag the whole time. Teammates were completely stationary for the entire game. This goes for headquarters and domination as well. People not playing the objective and just staring off into the distance with an M16. Then they give me the, "im a defendr i defendz stuf" ****. No, you're a kill whoring, garbage player. If you're going to play an objective based game, do something to help us win the game.

If you want to kill people, go play FFA or TDM. You can camp all you want in those game modes, and it will pay off. But please, stay the hell out of game modes where you actually need to participate to win if you're just going for kills. Most frustrating thing in the world, especially when playing with randoms.

Sariku

Smash Master
How long did it take people to cap enough flags for Marathon Pro? I've yet to do it, and I'm on my first prestige.
And, anyone else find Zombie mode infuriating and hard? maybe I just suck.

Top Bottom