• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Anyone been using the SAM Turret (the turret itself)? Honestly, I find it so incredibly useless. The turret barely shoots down anything. It might shoot down a helicopter every now and then, but it's so difficult to protect it and all if you want a good location.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I totally laughed at the Pentagon Zombies intro video.

Also the part where Hudson puts his sunglasses on (complete with the epic guitar riff)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I got one from a Care Package once

It gave me like 600 points because it was such a beast at shooting down all the spy planes and helicopters in the air :D

EDIT:

Lol, the first thing I thought after seeing Hudson put on those glasses was a "Deal with it" gif XD

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Anyone been using the SAM Turret (the turret itself)? Honestly, I find it so incredibly useless. The turret barely shoots down anything. It might shoot down a helicopter every now and then, but it's so difficult to protect it and all if you want a good location.
A SAM turret took down my care package plane while it was outside the map. When I realized what happened I was like lolwut

Also the part where Hudson puts his sunglasses on (complete with the epic guitar riff)
Where does this happen?

Also I was mad when my Lightweight Pro wasn't working. Then I found out I had to buy the pro version once I completed the challenges......

arch knight

Smash Lord
Ive been using for some time now and its fun as hell cause of all the spy planes people call in.
I totally laughed at the Pentagon Zombies intro video.

Pentagon Zombies is confusing to get around :s

And i know there are going to be so many videos that will involve Hudsons ****** moment :laugh:
SoH pro is soooo annoying to get. The last challenge is nearly impossible.
Whats the last challenge?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Sniping is pretty much impossible now :( Or at the very least, impractical. I get screwed by spawns, and all the maps are essentially a series of corridors. Come on.

MW2 may have eventually degraded into a camp-fest, but at least their maps had a variety of close and long range combat, had nice chokepoints, and weren't all some variation of a war-torn village in a jungle.

Black Ops kinda sucks.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just don't like the crappy spawn spots and how the fact that Claymores don't click when you're about to get blown up anymore and now just blowing up automatically in terms of gameplay imo

I don't give much for the maps in terms of variety

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i havent gotten a second copy of the game yet (we have 2 xbox's) so while my brother was playing campaign i went back to play mw2 to kill some time and omg blackops is alotttt less frustrating and better

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Also, the being-shot-after-already-going-around-a-corner syndrome is even worse than in MW2. Spray and pray seems to have finally trumped skill-based gameplay (such as sniping)

I would go back to MW2 but I sold that **** months ago, after the camping and tubing got too ********

arch knight

Smash Lord
Some maps do have distance if look for them but its still pretty bad to even try to snipe :(

game is mostly run and gun with Mario Cart thrown in with all the RCs :laugh:

Black Ops campaign is fun if you dont start on hardened or Veteran >.>

but i beat it none the less with plenty of RAGE! :mad088:

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Some maps do have distance if look for them but its still pretty bad to even try to snipe :(
I forced myself to go sniping-only for several matches in a row, just to see if I could work it out. Havana was decent for sniping (and its overall design is the game's best, by far), and parts of Hanoi and Jungle (the beach) were alright. The rest were just too cluttered, with no safe place to perch since every room has 5 god **** ways to get in

arch knight

Smash Lord
Thats why i gave up on Sniping for now.
I just scout out places as i play to see where would be a good spot for when i get back into sniping. Obviously im not going to snipe nuketown....maybe..

Crossbow with explosive tips = fun time

nothing better than watching them freak out when it say STUCK! on their screen and run around going Wtf?!?

I havent used the Ballistic knife yet :/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Goddammit, I wish people weren't so ****ing selfish in this game. I'm trying to give away a Valkerie Missile package and a Care Package with a Counter Spy Plane and people only took the ****ing Valkerie Missiles and not the ****ed Care Package douchebags

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Thats why i gave up on Sniping for now.
I just scout out places as i play to see where would be a good spot for when i get back into sniping. Obviously im not going to snipe nuketown....maybe..
Maybe if you had half the team just watching the doors you could pull it off :mad:

Seriously, the spawning in this game is ridiculous

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Ive sniped on Nuketown. It was meh, works out better when you keep seeing a person going up to the second floor to camp the window.

And ballistic knife is great. So far it seems somewhat precise but once you get used to it it's fun times.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Got the game today and I gotta say, this is certainly better than Modern Warfare 2. I haven't gotten aggravated at this game yet. I have been spawn killed like once or twice, but thats to be expected in just about any shooter.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I got a headshot with a ballistic knife across a map today. I jizzed.

Also, this game is so ****ing bad when it comes to making good maps. ALL of the them are ****ty. The games go by ridiculously slow if you're not playing Ground War. It's crazy. People still try to noobtube like *******, but w/e, it ain't OMA noobtubing, so I'm fine. The game is a disappointment, atm. I'm sure they're gonna be update to fix w/e **** they need to fix. Just my two cents.

Also, the Perks could have been rearraged better.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The spawning system is mediocre, not terrible. It's touchy in this game, but you just need to know how to work it.

Maps are completely fine to me. Haven't had a problem yet and they look good.

Perks are rearranged fine for me as well. No issues there whatsoever.

To me, the game has very few problems. The spawning is the only thing that could be a bit better, but it's not that bad. With an organized team, it's not hard to spawn trap. Most people are crying about it taking more shots to kill people, but that's what I hated about MW2. Now it takes some skill to kill people. Haven't had any other problems and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself playing this game.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Im not going to complain against it either its just Terrabad spawns that bother me thus far...
i agree that the accuracy is actually better now. i use the Predator Reticule on my Reflex sight :D which is funny and amazing cause it takes more skill to aim with it.

Also the M60 sounds sexy :3

Mostly Team Deathmatch
Ah thats why your hating the spawn.. I play alot of headquarters so its easier to follow the spawns even though every group ive had is basically DERP DERP *******es who would rather run around and camp when everyones dead and not destroy/captue the HQ

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've played so much Headquarters that I now know the spawn points and the distance I need to travel away from the spawns to force people to spawn there.

It's so ridiculous that I can force people to spawn in the same room (or just outside it) as me on Firing Range. And all I need is 4 kills and thanks to Hardline Pro swapping Sam Turret, I get 2 Care Packages, so 2 chances of getting super good killstreaks.

Also the Classified Assault Rifle is awesome. M11 I think.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The only map I dislike so far is Nuketown.

FAMAS and M16 are so weak now man.....:(

Otherwise I'm loving it.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I've played so much Headquarters that I now know the spawn points and the distance I need to travel away from the spawns to force people to spawn there.

It's so ridiculous that I can force people to spawn in the same room (or just outside it) as me on Firing Range. And all I need is 4 kills and thanks to Hardline Pro swapping Sam Turret, I get 2 Care Packages, so 2 chances of getting super good killstreaks.

Also the Classified Assault Rifle is awesome. M11 I think.
I think it's the G11, and yes, Hardline Pro is amazing. I swapped a Counter UAV and a Sammy for 2 Sentry guns.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Activision: Black Ops tops Modern Warfare 2 day-one sales record, with 5.6M sold in US and UK

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/11/call-of-duty-black-ops-day-one-sales/
http://kotaku.com/5687361/black-ops-opening-day-crushes-avatar-halo-and-everything-else

According to Activision's early "internal estimates," this week's launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops is the series' largest -- financially speaking -- of all time, accruing $360 million in sales thus far between the United States and the United Kingdom. Accounting for all that money is an approximate 5.6 million copies landing in customers' hands solely on November 9, compared with 4.7 million moved during last year's Modern Warfare 2 launch.

shanus

Smash Hero
So i got this last night, played for 1-2hrs. Fun game, definitely like the improvements over MW2.

Any preferred loadouts for leveling up?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
bigger than ANY movies, music, games, etc....

einfeld and the galil are my fav

"In case you needed further proof that the vast majority of the millions of Call of Duty players out there don't have any idea about that whole Infinity Ward debacle, or don't have any hangups over which studio makes the next year's CoD, here you go."

wait what does that mean

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So i got this last night, played for 1-2hrs. Fun game, definitely like the improvements over MW2.

Any preferred loadouts for leveling up?
MP5K is always a good choice for starting out imo. It doesn't have too much recoil for when you're trying to take someone out mid-range.

Also get Ghost if you don't like being seen due to constant UAVs since everyone starts with it (but you need Ghost Pro to hide from choppers etc.)

Fletch

Smash Master
"In case you needed further proof that the vast majority of the millions of Call of Duty players out there don't have any idea about that whole Infinity Ward debacle, or don't have any hangups over which studio makes the next year's CoD, here you go."

wait what does that mean
Treyarch made this one and WaW, Infinity Ward made the Modern Warfares. They're saying this is hinging on MW2's success even though it's a completely different studio, and saying it's likely because people dont know the difference anyways.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Treyarch made this one and WaW, Infinity Ward made the Modern Warfares. They're saying this is hinging on MW2's success even though it's a completely different studio, and saying it's likely because people dont know the difference anyways.
They also made Call of Duty 3. Treyarch's success comes from using Infinity Ward's game engine.

WaW used an enhanced CoD4 engine
MW2 used the "IW 4.0 engine"
Black Ops is using an enhanced WaW engine

Wonder what the new CoD game is going to be next year...

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Hah...it's so easy to level up in this game. At first I was thinking it'd take ages to get to 15th prestige, but I haven't even played that much and I'm level 41 I believe. You get challenges like there's no tomorrow, and every TDM I average 7k points without challenges.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hah...it's so easy to level up in this game. At first I was thinking it'd take ages to get to 15th prestige, but I haven't even played that much and I'm level 41 I believe. You get challenges like there's no tomorrow, and every TDM I average 7k points without challenges.
That's good to hear. I was told by ODIN that you get an extra custom class slot for the first 5 prestige levels this time instead of every other time like in MW2.

Very tempting I must say...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wonder what the new CoD game is going to be next year...
As long as it's not WWII, I'm pretty happy with anything. Or maybe they'll start a pattern with a MW game followed by a game using an enhanced engine or something ie MW1 to WaW and MW2 to BO

But yeah, I don't want anymore WWII... they've seriously bored me to death with the concept. What I WOULD like to see though is maybe some sort of WWIII game where nearly the entire world (including South America mind you) actually join the fray. That would be so boss

Top Bottom