• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

S

smash brawl player 99021

FAMAS, which is great. Just got a triple spray with one on WMD.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The FAMAS has such a nasty fire rate. It's pretty fun to use. Also just got destroyed by a gunship on Nuketown (wtf). Nuketown has serious spawn issues, but that's pretty much there due to its size (which I find quite fun).

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm a bit confused with contracts. After you purchase one, do you get money/XP for every time you complete the contract in a game? I noticed after games that it says I completed a contract(s) that I've already done.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I don't really like the Famas that much. The AK74U is my personal favorite just because it kills so quickly and has very little recoil. I also just unlocked the FAL, and it's amazing. 2 shot kill and it has little recoil.

So far I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Nothing is completely unfair and it's really a challenging game. The customization is a lot of fun, and it's really cool to see your clan tag on the back of a gun.

arch knight

Smash Lord
the only problem im having with this game so far is the lack of Sniper spots.. Maybe its just me but i can only find 2 or so on a few maps..

Also has anyone tried out the Zombie half yet?

I'm a bit confused with contracts. After you purchase one, do you get money/XP for every time you complete the contract in a game? I noticed after games that it says I completed a contract(s) that I've already done.
When you purchase a Contract you have a set amount of time to do it and such -obviously you know-
After you complete it its a one time offer. so once you complete it its done.....think of it as a daily like halo reach does >.>

Sariku

Smash Master
Did anyone do anything silly with their red dot for assault rifles? My FAMAS is rocking a big red heart with a red lens. I can't wait to get final kill cam with it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Okay, this post is gonna be on and off topic, so bare with me.

First and foremost, I'm RENTING Black Ops right now. When I own the game, you'll be the second set of people to know (me obviously being the first).

Second; I am on a crap ton of painkillers (Norco now), and they aren't doing much for my pain, so I am going to be very pissy, moody, testy, etc. Know that I don't hate anyone or dislike anyone (unless I flat out tell you), and if I get snappy, yell frak off, etc, it's because I'm in pain and have no tolerance for anything.

With that, have a nice day.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What system?

Imma rush home tomorrow right after school is over. Just unlocked the ballistic knife and it demands blood.
He plays on the 360 like most of us.

GwJumpman :: GwJumpman

Added him to the OP.

Okay, this post is gonna be on and off topic, so bare with me.

First and foremost, I'm RENTING Black Ops right now. When I own the game, you'll be the second set of people to know (me obviously being the first).

Second; I am on a crap ton of painkillers (Norco now), and they aren't doing much for my pain, so I am going to be very pissy, moody, testy, etc. Know that I don't hate anyone or dislike anyone (unless I flat out tell you), and if I get snappy, yell frak off, etc, it's because I'm in pain and have no tolerance for anything.

With that, have a nice day.
Understood!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
the only problem im having with this game so far is the lack of Sniper spots.. Maybe its just me but i can only find 2 or so on a few maps.
I had the same problem. My first attempt at sniping was using a Dragunov on Nuketown. First kill I get is a headshot from second floor of one house to second floor of other house. After that I get noobtoob'd and start running around with my Dragunov. Then I switch over to one of my MP5K classes...........

Also tried sniping on Jungle while in a game with Pluvia. Didn't work out at all, imo the map isn't open enough.

I have a feeling I'll be using acog scopes on sniper rifles frequently........

When you purchase a Contract you have a set amount of time to do it and such -obviously you know-
After you complete it its a one time offer. so once you complete it its done.....think of it as a daily like halo reach does >.>
Yea I know, but after a game I'm seeing contracts completed during that game and some are ones I've already completed.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Sniping has pretty much died in BO :( Jungle can have some good points but spawns can be bad sometimes so even after i get setup im always Flanked and have WTH moments. >.>

Yea I know, but after a game I'm seeing contracts completed during that game and some are ones I've already completed.
then im at a loss for what to say :laugh:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Also is it possible to see more than 3 challenges that I complete in one game? I haven't seen any way to tab through one you completed during the game if you get more than 3.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The spawns are interesting in this game to say the least. I'll be running, minding my own business, and people will spawn right in front of my eyes.

The spawns also flip constantly, making spawn trapping much more difficult. Me and my friends were still finding out where you can and can't go when spawn trapping.

Knowing that, without sound whoring, it's pretty hard to be aware of where people are in this game unless your team is completely organized. With randoms running around, I always get the spawns flipped on me and have no idea where people are. Kind of annoying, but you get used to it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So apparently in TDM teams switch spawns stupidly fast.

Oh god ****ing **** it you are the worst ninja in the history of terrible ninjas

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My favorite classes thus far:
M16 w/ RDS
Marakov w/ Improved Iron Sights (IIS?)
Concussion x2/Semtex
Hardline Pro
SoH
Marathon

FAMAS w/ Suppressor+Extended Mags
M1911 Dual Wield
Concussion x2/Semtex
Scavenger
Warlord
Marathon

AK-74u w/ Grip
M1911 Dual Wield
Concussion x2/Semtex
Ghost
SoH
Marathon

Galil w/ Suppressor
M1911 Dual Wield
Concussion x2/Semtex
Hardline Pro
Hardened
Hacker

The moment you unlock Hardline Pro, I suggest running Spy Plane (or SR-71, it's amazing), SAM Turret and Care Package. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but you can re-roll SAM Turrets as well as Care Packages with Hardline Pro, and the chances of you getting something better is much more likely. It's really cheap, but really fun lol.

I also suggest sharing your Care Packages and buying contracts, it helps immensely when ranking up.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
This game is legit. I already got a gunship on Nuketown. 38-6. I'm loving this game's balance so far, but I want something with more power. Currently using.

Galil Grenade Launcher
Hardline
Hardened
Hacker

Spy Plane
Care Package
Gunship

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know what I've found that pisses me off about the game? The developers made it sound that you get all the weapons from the start, but you actually gotta unlock em first. I mean, yeah the monetary system was a nice touch, but it's just easier to just make em unlockable instead of making us do double the work now no?

Fletch

Smash Master
I got an extra couple of best buy gift cards here, so I'm heading there right now. Game time decision between FO: NV and this, we'll see. Last chance to sway me to this game, you guys are actually making me want to get this already.

arch knight

Smash Lord
You know what I've found that pisses me off about the game? The developers made it sound that you get all the weapons from the start, but you actually gotta unlock em first. I mean, yeah the monetary system was a nice touch, but it's just easier to just make em unlockable instead of making us do double the work now no?
i suppose that might Urk some people but its not like you dont make enough money in one match to really care? if anything youre not putting in anymore work than what you were already putting in, in MW2...
>.>

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Trying to get Ghost, SoH, and Marathon pro right now... probably gonna get Lightweight Pro before Marathon Pro. Honestly, Ghost Pro seems like a huge jump from Ghost.

The Attack Helicopters have flares now o_O

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
****, but really? What really bothers me is that 1) If I want to buy multiple weapons and nades, I don't have the cash at times 2) it's the principle that they made it sound like it was all unlocked from the beginning and 3) **** that shouldn't even cost money costs money anyways :/

But **** man, the only reason at all why I actually want Ghost is just so I can get teh cool cloak that comes with it

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The find a match thing on this doesn't prioritize good connections, I keep on finding Americans.

Also Fuel I don't know where you got the impression that it would all be unlocked from the start.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The find a match thing on this doesn't prioritize good connections, I keep on finding Americans.

Also Fuel I don't know where you got the impression that it would all be unlocked from the start.
The way the developers spoke in that video really made it seem like it was all unlocked in the start

Top Bottom