• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well now people hate you even more, hope your point being made was worth it.

Fletch

Smash Master
Give the guy a break, camping is the best way to play this game. It might be "lame" in your guys' eyes, but he did what he had to do to win (or at least not lose). If you guys think this was bad I hope none of you play Brawl.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
While the match was kinda boring, its difficult to blame Fuelbi for the match being really slow. The match was 6-6 on Summit, the map is pretty bad for 1 v 1's. Alex and I played a 1 v 1 on Summit and we went 8-8 and we neither of us were camping. IMO Summit was more to blame than Fuelbi for the match progressing slowly.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well now people hate you even more, hope your point being made was worth it.
None of you like me to begin with so what am I losing here?

While the match was kinda boring, its difficult to blame Fuelbi for the match being really slow. The match was 6-6 on Summit, the map is pretty bad for 1 v 1's. Alex and I played a 1 v 1 on Summit and we went 8-8 and we neither of us were camping. IMO Summit was more to blame than Fuelbi for the match progressing slowly.
I agree with this. Besides, Wretched did his fair share of camping as well. Nearly every time I went to go get a kill, Wretched was usually in the middle building waiting somewhere.

And how can F8AL do the exact same thing I do and not have the whole thread wanting to lynch him for it?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
He has the stats to back it up.
even though my PSN KD is probably a lot better than my XBL seeing as I was grinding for weapons for most of it and I just started camping

And besides F8AL camps, I camp, what happened to KD not being what makes a person good?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You still went 24-7 though.
Dying more than 5 times = bad TDM game.

Also, @ whoever is talking about K/D. K/D isn't an accurate way of determining someone's skill. No stat will tell you how strong a player is, for that matter. IMO, stats are just records used as a means of showing a player's consistency in whatever stat you're looking at, be it K/D, W/L, accuracy, etc.

To me, K/D kind of identifies what caliber player I'm dealing with, at least to some extent. Not everyone plays this for stats or tryhards every game, making the K/D stat possibly a very misleading stat. It's just makes little sense to base the overall strength of a player in all different aspects of the game based off of K/D.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
even though my PSN KD is probably a lot better than my XBL seeing as I was grinding for weapons for most of it and I just started camping

And besides F8AL camps, I camp, what happened to KD not being what makes a person good?
Normally I'd agree with you, but all Tim does is play Team Deathmatch. Which is all about K/D and Win/Loss.

We were talking about you camping, I don't see why you would drag F8AL into this.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So from quickly glancing over the 10+ pages I missed due to being on vacation (still am) I saw:

-Extreme levels of salt

-Extreme levels of editing in montages (though I enjoyed the iduel montage more than the grizz one)

-Extreme levels of 1v1-age

-More salt

Fletch

Smash Master
W/L is a pretty insignificant stat due to people who play without parties and those of us who like to play FFA a lot. KDR is really the only ratio I look at, but I hate keeping it up because this isn't really that serious of a game and it's more fun to screw around in it. I really wish they didn't keep track of those.

EDIT: I like you Roach

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
When I play TDM by myself I gauge the other lobby ppl based on their kdr, if im in a team with terrible kdr i back out

but for other gametypes I use w/l ratios, even if they have a terrible k/d cause that means they should know how to play the objective somewhat

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Give the guy a break, camping is the best way to play this game. It might be "lame" in your guys' eyes, but he did what he had to do to win (or at least not lose). If you guys think this was bad I hope none of you play Brawl.
Uh, no, it's not. Same with Brawl. Take it from someone who pioneered camping with his own character. Camping is NEVER the most effective strategy.

Dying more than 5 times = bad TDM game.
wtf

K/D is an okay representation of skill, but to be honest, I look through people's individual weapon K/Ds more than the overall K/D to see if they're any good. If I see a guy with a 1.05 K/D and his favorite weapon is the FAMAS with 187381 kills 172411 deaths, then I'll instantly assume he's bad. If I see the same K/D, and the guy's favorite weapon is the FAMAS, but right after it I see the Ballistic Knife, a Handgun, and something like the Uzi, then I'll give him some benefit of the doubt.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Normally I'd agree with you, but all Tim does is play Team Deathmatch. Which is all about K/D and Win/Loss.

We were talking about you camping, I don't see why you would drag F8AL into this.
I also play TDM a lot more than I do Domination I hope you know that

And I mention F8AL because he does the exact same thing I do except nobody would get pissed at him, also, my KD has been steadily been going up ever since I've been getting my pro perks and finally getting the rest of my classes together. Mentioning my KD at this point would be an inaccurate claim to point out seeing all the factors that made it as low as it is and how as of the last week I've been working to boost it up.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I also play TDM a lot more than I do Domination I hope you know that

And I mention F8AL because he does the exact same thing I do except nobody would get pissed at him, also, my KD has been steadily been going up ever since I've been getting my pro perks and finally getting the rest of my classes together. Mentioning my KD at this point would be an inaccurate claim to point out seeing all the factors that made it as low as it is and how as of the last week I've been working to boost it up.
I really and truly hope that this post was a joke and you're not this dumb.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
whatever floats your boat captain

EDIT:

Oh yeah and btw, if you really had balls all the stuff you say in other people's VM walls you'd say to my face kthnx

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
What's there to have balls about?
I'm pretty sure we have made ourselves clear, and everyone disagreeing wasn't there and has the wrong perspective on this match.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
there's to have balls by saying all the **** you say behind my back to my face

no honestly i won't mind if you do, i'll just start cracking up at all the hate i caused in this thread.

they see me trollin they see me hatin

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Fuel, I don't hate you, but that doesn't mean that you didn't play like a little *****. Trolling or not, you still played like a *****.

In regards to this whole K/D talk:

I probably have the highest K/D here, and I can safely say that some of the worst people are the people with K/Ds higher than mine. Most of the people I play with have K/D's around 1.80-2.50ish, and they are some of the best players I've ever seen. The people who I play the most with are the people I've never lost with.

Stats are a general way of judging skill, but the best way to judge somebody's skill is to play with them.

But when I play with parties of people who have higher K/Ds than mine, we get struggles, namely that nobody is willing to play the objective besides me. And when those players do bad, they'll more often than not dashboard. It's kind of sad really that people care so much about a pointless stat that they're not willing to accept that they're not as good as they want people to think.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I probably have the highest K/D here, and I can safely say that some of the worst people are the people with K/Ds higher than mine. Most of the people I play with have K/D's around 1.80-2.50ish, and they are some of the best players I've ever seen. The people who I play the most with are the people I've never lost with.

Stats are a general way of judging skill, but the best way to judge somebody's skill is to play with them.

But when I play with parties of people who have higher K/Ds than mine, we get struggles, namely that nobody is willing to play the objective besides me. And when those players do bad, they'll more often than not dashboard. It's kind of sad really that people care so much about a pointless stat that they're not willing to accept that they're not as good as they want people to think.
I could never agree more.
but wait... What is your K/D?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My K/D is currently 3.39 with a bit over 70000 kills and a bit less than 15 days played, it's rising, but slowly. My W/L is 3.31. I try to keep my K/D up, but I'm not willing to dashboard for it.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Damn, that is more than double mine.
Maybe I should go on a K/D adventure. I will do everything I can to ensure that I have the highest K/D possible.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I just got my K/D to 3.00. Had I not played with randoms in HQ for my first 3 prestiges or so it'd be 3.5 or 4 easily. With how this game plays, I'm forced to play defensively no matter what.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It takes little to no skill whatsoever to freak out and hit the automatic commando kill button. That's my 2 cents on that issue.

My B button is gathering dust.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I just got my K/D to 3.00. Had I not played with randoms in HQ for my first 3 prestiges or so it'd be 3.5 or 4 easily. With how this game plays, I'm forced to play defensively no matter what.
I stopped caring at around 5th prestige and just rushed to 14th. When I got to 14th, it dropped from 3.33 to 3.06. I've brought it up a lot in the past 4 days of playtime. And yes, randoms are bad. My goal is to bring it to 4.00, we'll see how it goes, my K/D goes up about 0.01-0.02 every day that I play, but it gets harder as it goes up.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I stopped caring at around 5th prestige and just rushed to 14th. When I got to 14th, it dropped from 3.33 to 3.06. I've brought it up a lot in the past 4 days of playtime. And yes, randoms are bad. My goal is to bring it to 4.00, we'll see how it goes, my K/D goes up about 0.01-0.02 every day that I play, but it gets harder as it goes up.
Its true, the higher your K/D goes, the higher your standards have to go.
From a mathematical viewpoint, You have to score higher than a 4.0 every match for you to get anywhere near 4, because if you score a 4.0 every game, it will get closer and closer, but it will never hit 4.
Not to mention, the more kills you have, the harder it is to make an impact on your K/D. I've gone like 5 games in a row going 10-1 against bad players and I don't even see a change of .01
Riot, I have never ever seen you post here.

EDIT:
Brackets
Master Xanthan | Grandeza
:Mad: | SnackAttack
IcyDeath | Hot armS
Player-1 | GwJumpman
Odin | Sentinel
SwampertTheGreat | *Bye*

Those are you brackets. You have until Friday at 8:00. Next brackets will be posted on friday. Double elimination will ensue. If anyone wants to enter late, you can take the place of the *bye* on Swampert, but I need to know tomorrow or sooner, or else there might be matchup troubles furthur down the road. Actually... Did I forget someone?
Brb.
F8AL, do you want in?
If we could get Pluvia and Deltacod, I'd be sooooo happy because it'd be easier to organize.
And Darkshot.
And Someone else.

Top Bottom