• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I have a habit of aiming on Chopper Gunners before they open their door so I can get a Strella shot off as soon as they do. Well I just did that on a Summit match and my rocket glitched and killed the helicopter in one shot lol.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Its true, the higher your K/D goes, the higher your standards have to go.
From a mathematical viewpoint, You have to score higher than a 4.0 every match for you to get anywhere near 4, because if you score a 4.0 every game, it will get closer and closer, but it will never hit 4.
Not to mention, the more kills you have, the harder it is to make an impact on your K/D. I've gone like 5 games in a row going 10-1 against bad players and I don't even see a change of .01
Riot, I have never ever seen you post here.

EDIT:
Brackets
Master Xanthan | Grandeza
:Mad: | SnackAttack
IcyDeath | Hot armS
Player-1 | GwJumpman
O D I N | Sentinel
SwampertTheGreat | *Bye*

Those are you brackets. You have until Friday at 8:00. Next brackets will be posted on friday. Double elimination will ensue. If anyone wants to enter late, you can take the place of the *bye* on Swampert, but I need to know tomorrow or sooner, or else there might be matchup troubles furthur down the road. Actually... Did I forget someone?
Brb.
F8AL, do you want in?
If we could get Pluvia and Deltacod, I'd be sooooo happy because it'd be easier to organize.
And Darkshot.
And Someone else.
Sent./Aido, when is a good time for you? I'm working 7a-3p tomorrow, and looking to play a TON of Halo (It's Bungie Day. I want my steak...). I work 3-11 Friday, so I have the morning. (Central time if that helps you plan).

Otherwise, how do you wanna do this? Cause I know the timezone thing is a factor here.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Jumpman, I'm leaving to a tournament Friday, I don't know what time, but I assume later in the day. I'm good for tomorrow although I'm getting like 5 shots so it's going to suck >.>

Fletch

Smash Master
Uh, no, it's not. Same with Brawl. Take it from someone who pioneered camping with his own character. Camping is NEVER the most effective strategy.
Brawl is a game where they had to institute a LGL to STOP camping (albeit a certain kind) because it was too damn good and easy to use and it ruined the game. The best/easiest strategy is probably poking and camping/running away with MK, but not everyone stoops to that level because it is considered "gay" for whatever reason. Without combos, there isn't much reason to not camp because it's much safer.

For BO, if camping is NEVER the most effective strategy, then there is no reason to be here *****ing and moaning about Roach doing it when you could have easily countered it with a superior strategy... wonder why that isn't the case though?

EDIT: I kind of want to find a 360 version of BO and play this tournament with you guys, but you'll HATE my playstyle.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Xanthan, I will post brackets on saturday morning, so I guess if you can finish it and get the results to me around friday night, that will work.

Fletch, this is a competitive tournament. You aren't trying to have fun or please a crowd. You can't do anything wrong except break the rules. If you find a 360 version to use for this, I will be joyous as ****.

Also, if you guys would, please play 20 minute matches to 20 kills/1000 points.

Fletch

Smash Master
Xanthan, I will post brackets on saturday morning, so I guess if you can finish it and get the results to me around friday night, that will work.

Fletch, this is a competitive tournament. You aren't trying to have fun or please a crowd. You can't do anything wrong except break the rules. If you find a 360 version to use for this, I will be joyous as ****.

Also, if you guys would, please play 20 minute matches to 20 kills/1000 points.
I won't win, but I would love to play. Let me ask around my RL friends that have 360s.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Okay, if you do happen to find one, you will play SwampertTheGreat. Pm me the results by friday night.
Since you have to get a copy of blackops it can be early saturday, actually.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Just extended my gun kill streak to 25, my dogs did work too idk the actual kill streak w/ dogs included

also primeeeeeee I work till 5 erryday but free the rest of the time

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Brawl is a game where they had to institute a LGL to STOP camping (albeit a certain kind) because it was too damn good and easy to use and it ruined the game. The best/easiest strategy is probably poking and camping/running away with MK, but not everyone stoops to that level because it is considered "gay" for whatever reason. Without combos, there isn't much reason to not camp because it's much safer.
Just because there are rules against it doesn't mean it's the most effective strategy. You obviously are aware that MK being on the ledge is a powerful position for him as long as he doesn't have to get back up. However, this also makes the match take a long time, typically the full 8 minutes. This gives you more chances to mess up and get hit and potentially lose. It also completely removes your ability to exert pressure (a huge part of Brawl) and follow up momentum (if you hit them with an Uair as you're dropping from the ledge you're not getting anything out of it). This is powerful, yes, but not the most effective strategy.

The most effective strategy in Brawl, and I'm willing to bet that it applies to a vast majority of games that have competition, is to play it safe when at a neutral state, and when the opportunity presents itself, to take full advantage and rush down with your pressure and momentum. I used to purely camp. I missed a lot of opportunities for damage strings, edge guards, and juggles. I improved as a player. Now I see the openings and I take them. I don't camp them away to stay safe.

The EXACT same thing applies to Black Ops. If you camp a room with a Claymore while aiming down the sights at a doorway, sure, you're being safe, but you're not exerting any pressure on the enemy team, nor are you taking hold of openings. Instead, you're playing perfectly safe. Which is okay, I guess, if you like going 6-0 in a 75 kill limit TDM. I like bigger numbers, so I prefer to stay mobile. Flanking, or in general just charging down paths that the enemy is weak at, present so many more benefits than just camping. You're acquiring kills, you're pushing the enemy back, you're interfering with their movements, forcing them to play a game where they're constantly wary of the fact that you could jump around the corner and blast them in the face with a shotgun before they even make it to their ideal camp spot.

For BO, if camping is NEVER the most effective strategy, then there is no reason to be here *****ing and moaning about Roach doing it when you could have easily countered it with a superior strategy... wonder why that isn't the case though?
See above. The reason why it works in a 1v1 is because there's no such thing as momentum or pressure in a 1v1 until conflict is actually made. When someone dies, the entire game resets, the only real difference being with the score. And maybe spawn traps, if you're on a small enough map.

Luckily, 1v1 Deathmatches don't exist normally, so boring, campy playstyles (like yours and Fuelbi) are never the most effective playstyles where it counts: in real matches. Even in S&D, when it's down to a 1v1, there's always the pressure of the timer on the offense and to defend BOTH bomb sites for the defense.

There's a reason why 1v1s don't matter.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't really like scheduling these kinds of things because they're easy to do if we see each other online.

I can definitely do 5, though.

flaco

The Terminator
is anyone else having a problem in the new zombie map in annihilation when you turn on both of the power things,that the game freezes for a few seconds or is it me?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Jumpman, I'm leaving to a tournament Friday, I don't know what time, but I assume later in the day. I'm good for tomorrow although I'm getting like 5 shots so it's going to suck >.>
Just send me a VM when you're ready. I have work tonight at 6pm EST, so it has to be before that for me today.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
is anyone else having a problem in the new zombie map in annihilation when you turn on both of the power things,that the game freezes for a few seconds or is it me?
I suggest clearing the cache on your 360, that may help the problem. Either that or delete and re-download the map pack.

flaco

The Terminator
well I did talk to xbox 360 support and the y said that some people are also getting these problem they said they will do and update in a few weeks for it so I found out erlier is not only me

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Greats games today, Snack! :D

I won 2-0 on Summit, I sniped second game and we actually had a lot of fun.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Okay, thanks, also, I forgot to say that the map was supposed to be random, but I guess it will be player choice in this round, and random next round.
Actually, I'm considering doing 2/3s with random first stage and a counterpick next stage for the semifinals and the finals.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Okay, thanks, also, I forgot to say that the map was supposed to be random, but I guess it will be player choice in this round, and random next round.
Actually, I'm considering doing 2/3s with random first stage and a counterpick next stage for the semifinals and the finals.
You really made no rules whatsoever.

I used a Masterkey for a portion of the first game. I assumed we used a counterpick system, so he picked Summit again for map 2.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I think it should be best of 3 to begin with, but whatever. :)

S

smash brawl player 99021

So flaming_arms and I are playing at around 8:30, and since I'm going out of town tomorrow then he'll be the auto-winner. ;O

We're still doing a friendly though if people wanna watch.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
O D I N, I agree.
I'd be a lot more organized and open to suggestions if I had an OP to edit.
F8AL, is there anywhere where I could make a thread for this? If I did that, I could probably make a solid rule set, generate random maps, and stay coordinated with the brackets.
Jumpman, you can find the rules like four pages back :X

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not everyone uses the same posts per page so you can't just say it's 4 back.

You're so lazy! :mad:

Top Bottom