• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I had thought they fixed it. But if they haven't patched it yet then Treyarch really needs to get moving........but I still like Treyarch.
Nope, it still happens sometimes when you call in a gunship. Dunno what causes the glitch.

How long has that glitch been around for? I never run Chopper Gunner or gunship, so I wouldn't have ever noticed.
The past few months, people have linked YouTube videos showing off the glitch to Treyarch employees/David V but nothing has happened.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
How are you guys surprised that it hasn't been patched?
Look. Comparing Infinity Ward to Treyarch is silly, because Infinity Ward and Treyarch have completely different ideas of CoD.
Think about it, what did Infinity Ward patch in CoD4? nothing much. ****.
Think about it, what did Infinity Ward patch in MW2? The models? ****.
What did Treyarch patch? EVERYTHING GOOD.
Treyarch wants to open up the game so that anyone can come in and play. Infinity Ward says that, but secretly they just fill up a fan base by getting people to commit to the game.
People should have to put in time before they can do well in CoD, and with Treyarch throwing that idea to the wind, they nearly took every competitive aspect of CoD and took a giant dump on it.
Infinity Ward wants people to have to dedicate themselves to be good at the game, therefore achieving a larger fanbase. They're looking to hook the nonmajority, because the majority turns the game into a ****ty game.
For an example, see Blackops.
I mean, sure MW2 has some overcentralizing aspects, but they definitely haven't done loads of patches, so therefore we can't whine about them making broken games. Blackops would have some of the same issues had Treyarch not assessed them.

But I digress, the reason gunship/chopper gunner hasn't been patched is because the majority of players don't get them.
As soon as everybody starts getting chopper gunners, it will be patched.

Oh, can I redigress? Black Ops is a ****ty experience because everything that made a player skillful has been nerfed and they've opened up the game to make it so that any mediocre player can do well.
Shut up Delta, not you.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna play the new maps with me tomorrow morning? Haven't played this game in a long time but I kind of wanna play to check the new maps out.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Wretched, you're wrong. Black Ops is actually designed in a way where skilled players are actually the ones that come out on top. There is no ridiculously broken thing that allows the noobs to stack up. There is no OMA DC that ruins everybody, even the skillful minority.

What Black Ops does is put everyone in their place. The mediocre players now score like mediocre players. They can't stack a lucky Predator Missile into an AC130. But the skilled players still put out those ridiculous killstreaks and still produce ridiculous scores because they are committed and good. By nerfing everything good (Read: Overpowered), Treyarch is producing a balanced online experience where the committed are able to continue to succeed rightfully, whereas the unskilled/more casual player isn't able to reach that level.

In fact, I'd argue that Infinity Ward is actually the one opening up the game so anyone can play and succeed. A 5(4) killstreak using an incredibly broken set up can turn into a chopper of DEATH. Anyone can get that, lol.

Also: "I mean, sure MW2 has some overcentralizing aspects, but they definitely haven't done loads of patches, so therefore we can't whine about them making broken games. Blackops would have some of the same issues had Treyarch not assessed them."

So Treyarch is a ****ty developer because they SUPPORT THEIR GAME AND MAKE SURE IT'S BALANCED? LOL

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
How are you guys surprised that it hasn't been patched?
Look. Comparing Infinity Ward to Treyarch is silly, because Infinity Ward and Treyarch have completely different ideas of CoD.
Think about it, what did Infinity Ward patch in CoD4? nothing much. ****.
Think about it, what did Infinity Ward patch in MW2? The models? ****.
What did Treyarch patch? EVERYTHING GOOD.
Treyarch wants to open up the game so that anyone can come in and play. Infinity Ward says that, but secretly they just fill up a fan base by getting people to commit to the game.
People should have to put in time before they can do well in CoD, and with Treyarch throwing that idea to the wind, they nearly took every competitive aspect of CoD and took a giant dump on it.
Infinity Ward wants people to have to dedicate themselves to be good at the game, therefore achieving a larger fanbase. They're looking to hook the nonmajority, because the majority turns the game into a ****ty game.
For an example, see Blackops.
I mean, sure MW2 has some overcentralizing aspects, but they definitely haven't done loads of patches, so therefore we can't whine about them making broken games. Blackops would have some of the same issues had Treyarch not assessed them.

But I digress, the reason gunship/chopper gunner hasn't been patched is because the majority of players don't get them.
As soon as everybody starts getting chopper gunners, it will be patched.

Oh, can I redigress? Black Ops is a ****ty experience because everything that made a player skillful has been nerfed and they've opened up the game to make it so that any mediocre player can do well.
Shut up Delta, not you.
What specifically did Treyarch patch that in your opinion was good before they patched it?

Fletch

Smash Master
Hard to say that either of these games really take skill. Anyone can be good at them once them memorize the maps and general patterns since there are no technical skills involved really. MW2 definitely took more though because of the quickscoping, and Treyarch was lame and removed that, so I'd argue MW2 is better in that regard.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I never understood why people think that quickscoping is something you can just take out of the game.

I like to think that I've proven that it's still possible and very easy to do, just not on the same level as MW2.

Fletch

Smash Master
I never understood why people think that quickscoping is something you can just take out of the game.

I like to think that I've proven that it's still possible and very easy to do, just not on the same level as MW2.
To be honest, I've heard it's now easier, but I haven't played BO multiplayer in ages, but when the game was released it was not possible on any reliable level.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hard to say that either of these games really take skill. Anyone can be good at them once them memorize the maps and general patterns since there are no technical skills involved really. MW2 definitely took more though because of the quickscoping, and Treyarch was lame and removed that, so I'd argue MW2 is better in that regard.
I don't understand what was so great about quickscoping, every time I see a kid quickscope, first thought that comes to my mind is "oh please, oh please I gotta have my montage clip!"
I find quickscoping more of an insult to the very idea of sniping, the idea behind sniping is to line up the shot by taking your time and quickscoping kind of butchers that idea. I don't even consider quickscoping to be sniping, most of the time I see kids quickscope it just seems that they keep scoping in and shooting again and again until they hit something.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Quick scoping is fun.

It takes more skill than most other things in CoD.

Also it's a ton of fun.

Did I mention how much fun it is?

I just hate the kids who complain about hardscopers. That's what makes quickscopers look bad.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
To be honest, I've heard it's now easier, but I haven't played BO multiplayer in ages, but when the game was released it was not possible on any reliable level.
Wasn't possible on a reliable level? Have you seen my original Black Ops montage? Every sniper clip was pre-patch, the first 3 months of the game.

I don't understand what was so great about quickscoping, every time I see a kid quickscope, first thought that comes to my mind is "oh please, oh please I gotta have my montage clip!"
I find quickscoping more of an insult to the very idea of sniping, the idea behind sniping is to line up the shot by taking your time and quickscoping kind of butchers that idea. I don't even consider quickscoping to be sniping, most of the time I see kids quickscope it just seems that they keep scoping in and shooting again and again until they hit something.
I can't say that I agree with this. The majority of kids that quickscope can't even record, they just emulate the things they see in videos online. It's annoyingly popular now and when people snipe, they never say "I gotta have my montage clip."

I disagree completely. The idea of sniping is to line up the enemy between your crosshairs and shoot. Quickscoping is doing that, but quickly. What's so bad about taking an aggressive approach to sniping? It's much less of a threat than someone hanging pack looking down their scope with claymores surrounding them.

Quick scoping is fun.

It takes more skill than most other things in CoD.

Also it's a ton of fun.

Did I mention how much fun it is?

I just hate the kids who complain about hardscopers. That's what makes quickscopers look bad.
What makes quickscopers look bad are the people that don't do it properly. The sniping community made no progress whatsoever and I'm almost ashamed to be associated with them.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I didn't mean literally "I gotta have my montage clip" its just really annoying how many people do it. Plus like Grandeza said, the people that complain about "hardscopers" are really annoying. The main reason I hate it is that some people are so good at it that they can already quickscope me with sleight of hand pro before I can even try to aim at them, and when this happens, its usually at close to medium range, which is a range where an assault should have the advantage. I guess if I used sleight of hand pro as well maybe I could get the advantage back.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The 'Annihilation' map pack is now available to purchase from the XBLM on the 360 for 1200 MSP/$15 in real people money.

Matt07

Smash Master
Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, SitRep Pro=Ultimate Quick Scoper class :awesome:!

And let me know how the maps are guys, especially the new Zombies map :O.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a good thing that quickscoping was made harder in black ops, because it was just too easy on mw2. the whole point of quickscoping is to handicap yourself to prove how badass you are at the game. now it has actually been made difficult and I'm glad, because it means that unlike in mw2, you don't have EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE GAME doing it.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Swampert wanted me to elaborate on my feelings on the new zombie map so I'll just post it here.

It's hard. It's really hard. So yeah it's partly because I'm just salty that i suck at it. The problem is, it's too narrow. I mean say what you want about Call of the Dead but it had some open areas. But this map has nothing. I really just can't find a good place to horde zombies. the room right after the start room where Jug and Sleight of hand sometimes are is possible but even then I can't see it working in the later rounds. My main gripe with it is the narrowness. It's a pain in the *** and i'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Might just keep going for 40s in Call of the Dead.

Multiplayer Maps Opinions

Drive In- It's not the new Nuketown. it feels so different. i didn't like it my first game but my second, it was nice. It is kind of campy I feel. It has a lot of upstairs windows that you can over look the whole map from which prevents a lot of Run and gun. this wasn't as much of an issue the second time i played it and I enjoyed it.

Hazard- I only played a quick Search Game and it was very colorful. It looked nice. Didn't get too much of a feel for it.

And the last 2 maps I have not played.

Quick update- i gave the Zombies map another chance and it has some promise. i was being harsh and salty. it's okay. I'll reserve my judgement for now.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Shangri La is definitely an improvement from Call of the Dead. There are numerous gimmicks (eg. minecart, water slide, quicksand, spikes.) It's relatively tight with not much space to move, but there are 3 places I can think of where you have room to run. The shrink ray is okay, and the addition of monkeys that steal your powerups isn't too bad.

As far as I know, there wasn't a max ammo round which annoyed me. There's also some easter eggs that have yet to be discovered. I remember seeing a LOT of gongs that you could knife and some totem stones that would spin or stop if you stood on a panel.

I like it.

Grandeza

Smash Master
there are 3 places I can think of where you have room to run.
Care to share? The waterfall is decent. It's open and you can sprint in this water. The room right next to the spawn room(the one with the mine cart) is also pretty good. The spawn room struck me as decent as well but only under certain situations.

The more i play it the more I like it. It's not as bad as i first thought. I still am not the biggest fan but I think it'll just become an acquired taste.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Shangri La is definitely an improvement from Call of the Dead. There are numerous gimmicks (eg. minecart, water slide, quicksand, spikes.) It's relatively tight with not much space to move, but there are 3 places I can think of where you have room to run. The shrink ray is okay, and the addition of monkeys that steal your powerups isn't too bad.

As far as I know, there wasn't a max ammo round which annoyed me. There's also some easter eggs that have yet to be discovered. I remember seeing a LOT of gongs that you could knife and some totem stones that would spin or stop if you stood on a panel.

I like it.
If that is true, then that's lame. :glare:

Top Bottom