• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How can you still say that you want the extra content provided by the map packs when you have such low expectations?

I've got no problem with any of the new maps, really, but if I did then even I'd say that one good map among a ton of awful ones ain't worth a buy. Not even for zombies.
Because when you play the same maps as you have for the last year, you start getting bored. I honestly wish these people would at least make their maps more reasonably priced and make their maps decent, but it looks like they can't even do that and just shows how much Craptivision just wants to pump out maps for idiots who don't know that they're being scammed to buy.

The only reason at this point why I want any map pack would be just for zombies, and even then Craptivision sees that people still buy their map packs for the zombies maps so they're too greedy to give us a DLC with just zombies in it

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's not really true. Thousands of people have been playing CoD4 for over 4 years now and the maps still feel amazing.

It just feels like the Treyarch team didn't put enough time into their map packs, considering the quality. They feel so different from the default maps, Firing Range, Launch, and Radiation.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
can someone clarify if this really works or not

My brother recovers my gamertag on his 360, buys the map pack using my account on his 360. Then I recover my gamertag on my 360, and he does the same thing on his.

End scenario: Both of us have the map pack and can play it on our respective accounts on our respective 360's?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
can someone clarify if this really works or not

My brother recovers my gamertag on his 360, buys the map pack using my account on his 360. Then I recover my gamertag on my 360, and he does the same thing on his.

End scenario: Both of us have the map pack and can play it on our respective accounts on our respective 360's?
No, the account has to be logged in your 360 to play the map packs.

DRM.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Bog is a ****ing great map, Shipment is at least better than the other crappy small maps they give us, and Wet Works is a decent map wtf are you talking about?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I disagree, CoD4 has its fair share of horrible maps. Bog, Shipment, Wet Work, to name a few.
The community disagrees. You dislike those maps, they happen to be fan favorites of the 4 year+ vets.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Bog is not a bad map, but it's incredibly one-sided. Wet Work + Frag x3 = Ragequit. And have you ever played anything else on Shipment other than a 1v1, like Headquarters? It's ********. It can be fun, but ******** nonetheless.

World at War probably has the best maps overall, the only map I didn't really like was Downfall. Some of the maps were a bit too large though, such as Seelow and Roundhouse, but I still liked how they played.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Bog is not a bad map, but it's incredibly one-sided. Wet Work + Frag x3 = Ragequit. And have you ever played anything else on Shipment other than a 1v1, like Headquarters? It's ********. It can be fun, but ******** nonetheless.

World at War probably has the best maps overall, the only map I didn't really like was Downfall. Some of the maps were a bit too large though, such as Seelow and Roundhouse, but I still liked how they played.
I laughed at this post. I dunno why people praise WaW so much. It's the 2nd worst CoD game in the series. (After CoD3.)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
F8AL, that's your opinion, not mine. And if you think any game is worse than MW2, you're delusional.

The community disagrees. You dislike those maps, they happen to be fan favorites of the 4 year+ vets.
What does the opinion of the community matter to me?

I'm more of a veteran than most of the community anyways, I've been playing this game for almost 8 years.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I could literally draw a map on a piece of paper and it'd be better than Nuketown/Crisis.

F8AL, that's your opinion, not mine. And if you think any game is worse than MW2, you're delusional.
MW2 > Superman 64 > Halo 3: ODST > Getting beat up in a dark alleyway > WaW.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Shout out to Leafy for missing the point of my post, good stuff.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We discuss how people (the community) enjoy maps after 4 years.

"That's not true, these maps are bad."

The community disagrees.

"I don't care about the community."

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Look, regardless of how horrible WaW was, its maps were amazing.
The maps couldn't hold up how silly everything else was.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The only problem WaW had was MP40. Besides that, I don't know what you people find wrong with that game. But it's whatever, I'm derailing the thread, and I've lost interest with the current topic of discussion anyways.

We discuss how people (the community) enjoy maps after 4 years.

"That's not true, these maps are bad."

The community disagrees.

"I don't care about the community."
Wrong. YOU brought up the community, and how much they still enjoy the maps and so on. Not even once did I address the community's opinion on the maps, because, as stated above, I couldn't care less what other people think about things. I was simply voicing my subjective opinions about maps in this game and previous games in the series. It had nothing to do with your post, yet for some reason, you concluded that it was.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wrong. YOU brought up the community, and how much they still enjoy the maps and so on. Not even once did I address the community's opinion on the maps, because, as stated above, I couldn't care less what other people think about things. I was simply voicing my subjective opinions about maps in this game and previous games in the series. It had nothing to do with your post, yet for some reason, you concluded that it was.
If you were addressing Tim's post, then I apologize but you can't blame me, considering you never quoted his post and it also applied to mine.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If you were addressing Tim's post, then I apologize but you can't blame me, considering you never quoted his post and it also applied to mine.
I'm not blaming anybody, and some things I do on purpose just to get responses out of people. If you haven't been able to tell yet through my history in these threads, I just really like debating. It's nothing personal. :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I do respect your opinions though. <3 It's all good, man.

Treyarch doesn't suck at making maps. Cliffside, Outskirts, Airfield, Dome, Castle, Hangar, and even Courtyard were all fun to play.

EDIT: be right back playing world at war

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Shoutouts to all the Treyarch haters in this thread.

Further shoutouts to all the CoD4 meatriders in this thread. Them rose tinted glasses are too good, obviously.

CoD4 maps aren't that good, lmao. Bog has the most ridiculous spawn traps of all time. Idgaf if people like it, that still makes it a BAD map. People love Nuketown too, but it's still A BAD MAP. Wetworks is lolZeusGrenades. Shipment has ZERO SPACE FOR ANYTHING and can only exist for 1v1s. And even then, it's pretty meh. I don't even remember half the maps, but I know for a fact that some of them were still very lack luster. Like the one with the market in the center that was all brown. Or the one that was at the missile launch site that had RIDICULOUS spawn traps as well.

WaW had very good maps, but the problem with the game lied in balance. The MP40 is ridiculous, even total scrubs can succeed with it, and the few times I've used it, the other team didn't even have a chance.

MW2 had better maps than CoD4, but it also had worse maps than CoD4. It was also an incredibly unbalanced game with completely broken weapon and perk setups that ruin everything. I guess people just like running around into noob tubes and ****.

Black Ops has VERY GOOD weapon balance and pretty average maps all around, with some bad ones and some good ones. People just hate it because there's nothing broken about it, so they're like "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW IT'S SO BORINNNNNNNNNNNNG." Then they ***** about ghost letting them get flanked because they don't know where people are, although that's the PURPOSE of the perk, and they let their mindsets change when a Spy Plane is up, rather than treating it as having more information and not having ALL the information. I wonder how any of you people survive when there ISN'T a spy plane up. I mean, you don't know where ANYONE is. What if they flank you? Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Delta, I love you, but the only reason you like this game is because you're good at it.
It isn't our fault that you're not plagued by the everyday camping ghost problems.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The glitch where you call in a Gunship, something happens and I can't control the Gunship, so for 45 seconds, or until it gets shot down, I'm basically stuck flying around in a Gunship that I have no control over. It's really annoying that my reward for getting 11(10) kills without dying is to be stuck without the ability to do anything for 45 seconds.

Video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOPNchWX6A

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Delta, I love you, but the only reason you like this game is because you're good at it.
It isn't our fault that you're not plagued by the everyday camping ghost problems.
I'm also good at CoD4, WaW, and MW2. That doesn't mean I can't see them for what they are, and that I have to overlook their problems.

I told you all before, but the true threat of ghost is a MOBILE ghost user. People were running Ghost + Marathon the other day (probably due to some contracts) and I was getting ****ed up pretty hard. Campers are campers no matter what.

Top Bottom