• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I don't understand why people hate WMD, I LOVE that map. However, Crisis is kinda eh, only thing I really hate about it is that games progress slowly on that map, which annoys me even more when I'm trying to get contracts.
I know we're not supposed to talk about that map, but Crisis is a really good map for CTF. I have no idea why lol

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Firing range's B flag is a ***** to get though. But yeah, I know what you mean, Array and Cracked are my 2 least favorite maps
It is but it's much easier than capturing the B flag on Array. You don't have snipers watching the flag from the sniper tower. It's unbalanced IMO, because the team which spawns near A can reach it much faster and it's easier to defend.

It should be moved to the basement of the middle Array building IMO so both teams have an equal chance to capture it or somewhere else on the map.

Yes, I know the B flags are supposed to be in the middle of the map, but some maps distribute them unevenly.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If you're up against a competent team, they'll have snipers watching the A and B flags while teammates cover the left flank of A and the icy path on the right. It's a ***** to capture A/B. x_x

Grandeza

Smash Master
Some friends of mine want to start a clan and were trying to think of some cool names. So if anyone has some cool ideas that they want to throw at me it'd be much appreciated.

Grandeza

Smash Master
"Awaken Lazarus". If we were to make a clan, then it would change to "______ Lazarus". I guess I'm just looking for something that's like at most 5 letters that's catchy.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Those spawn traps require a full team effort.
Wtf no. I've spawn trapped kids on Havana by myself. All they do is spawn all the way out by the open plaza and I shoot them as they try to leave. And they never get to spawn elsewhere. It's so funny. It's also why I'm glad I rush the **** outta the beginning of the map to avoid the trap.

If I had to rank the maps according to my preference...

Firing Range
Summit
Radiation
Array
Cracked
Havana
Grid
WMD
Villa
Hanoi
Launch
Jungle
Crisis
Nuke Town

Firing Range is such a perfect map. <3

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Grand, there are eighty million clans right now.
Why don't you guys play with eachother as friends and then not plague me with a ****ty youtube channel? That's how every clan starts and ends unless your name is FaZe or you're willing to ***** yourselves out for a year through comments, money, and messages.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
What a casual gamer.
Even hardcore gamers play for enjoyment. Obviously they also have a desire to win more than other people do, but still, if a person didn't enjoy gaming, that person probably wouldn't become a hardcore gamer.

Or maybe your comment was sarcastic I really can't tell.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Grand, there are eighty million clans right now.
Why don't you guys play with eachother as friends and then not plague me with a ****ty youtube channel? That's how every clan starts and ends unless your name is FaZe or you're willing to ***** yourselves out for a year through comments, money, and messages.
Honestly I just want a clan that would give me access to people willing to have a 6 man search team and go for trick shots. But I know the stigma trickshots have around here. Most of my friends aren't the trickshotting type so I want to start a clan with a friend of mine who can get some people. I know we're not going to get big or anything. And we'll make sure to try not to plague you with a ****ty youtube.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362

6/23/11

(Title Update 10)

• Security Updates.
• New playlists – Flags and Bombs
• C4 can no longer be warped to player carrying bomb in S&D and Sabotage.
• Removed erroneous “Reset to Default” message when trying to load a DLC map you do not have.
• In-game icons (care package icons, etc) no longer appear in the Create A Class menu.
• Support for Annihilation map pack, available June 28th on Xbox LIVE!
• Fix for a rare crash related to weapons.
• Game no longer crashes when Xbox LIVE servers are down.
Additional weapon balancing.
• Ninja Pro Perk no longer makes sounds when mantling or diving to prone.

So yeah, the FAMAS got nerfed. Don't notice any difference(s) with it though. :confused:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Does it really take the same number of bullets for most assault rifles? I always feel like the AK-47 kills much faster. Or were you being sarcastic?
I like variety in the guns, but there shouldn't be a giant gap in the kill ability/distance in my opinion. It makes too many people gravitate towards one gun, and then it gets plagued through out the games. I'm looking at you 74u/FAMAS/Galil.

I do love me some Galil though.

Granted, it's a GUN. It should kill in 1-3 hits anyway, in theory. Obviously it's a video game, and not Halo with shields. But there's just too much bull **** in these games.

S

smash brawl player 99021

So I just beat Dead Ops Arcade. :cool:

TOO BAD NOBODY PLAYS IT :awesome:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Famas ADS is absolutely terrible without SoH pro now. It's like an LMG ADS, and even with ADS it's still pretty bad. Also, the accuracy isn't all that bad, but they definitely toned it down quite a bit.

Aug > Famas. Everyone is going to want an Aug nerf in about a week or two.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Wait you can beat Dead Ops? I thought it just went on forever until you lost all of your lives.
It goes to like 40 something and you fight the Cosmic Silverback. Once you beat it, you start over and everything is mirrored.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Famas ADS is absolutely terrible without SoH pro now. It's like an LMG ADS, and even with ADS it's still pretty bad. Also, the accuracy isn't all that bad, but they definitely toned it down quite a bit.

Aug > Famas. Everyone is going to want an Aug nerf in about a week or two.
I still like the FAMAS... :(

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hopefully they won't nerf anymore guns. There's always going to be a #1 gun, no matter how many guns you nerf, another will take its place.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So I attempted to make some sort of Drilbur emblem. Can anyone help me make it better?

Sry for giant picture. I dunno how to get it to appear smaller.......

Matt07

Smash Master
With the Lion King music, it made the trailer way more epic.

For Drillbur, I like it, looks good. I haven't made a new emblem since my Yoshi one lol.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Hopefully they won't nerf anymore guns. There's always going to be a #1 gun, no matter how many guns you nerf, another will take its place.

This is exactly why I didn't promote the Famas being nerfed in the first place. There's always going to be a "best" gun, and when you dethrone that gun, a new one takes its place. There's no end to it.

But yeah, as you said before I do actually like the commando quite a lot. I don't see it all that often and I don't really get why so many people choose the Galil over it. It feels just as good as the Aug when I use it, or at least a close comparison.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
With the Lion King music, it made the trailer way more epic.

For Drillbur, I like it, looks good. I haven't made a new emblem since my Yoshi one lol.
I'm pretty sure that's not Lion King music. I'm pretty sure the song was USED in Lion King.

Top Bottom