• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why are there so many dislikes on the MP trailer? This one looks much better than First Strike and Escalation.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why are there so many dislikes on the MP trailer? This one looks much better than First Strike and Escalation.
They found a way to make bad maps look good?

Somebody's doing their job right.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The multiplayer maps, especially that huge one, all look bad.

The only decent sounding one is the "like Nuketown" level. I'll probably buy them due to it being released pretty much on pay day though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
"The Ghost outfit in game should include little pink panties and a hat made out of tampons."

I lost so hard.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
"The Ghost outfit in game should include little pink panties and a hat made out of tampons."

I lost so hard.
Blametruth is awesome, I recently resubbed to him since he started to play CoD again. :cool:

Aww, c'mon, give them a chance.
He's already spent $30 on the previous 2 map packs and has overall, been disappointed/dissatisfied with them. It is normal that he be pessimistic about this map pack. Damn, all these map packs eventually add up. I'm gonna feel sorry for people who buy all of 'em. (I predict 2-3 more will be released before MW2.)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm just buying this map pack for Hazard and Drive-in. They've finally decided to make maps that are more exciting/colorful, as opposed to a depressing gray color shared by every other map in the game.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm just buying this map pack for Hazard and Drive-in. They've finally decided to make maps that are more exciting/colorful, as opposed to a depressing gray color shared by every other map in the game.
This probably explains why Firing Range is such an amazing map. Dem colorz

Second Chance is the best perk ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9PYSR19XU

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
14 MB patch for Black Ops. :O

EDIT: No patch notes yet. (And no, it's not the FAMAS being nerfed. That won't happen for a few weeks.)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, but one of the guys tweeted about the FAMAS patch, talking about what would happen when it did get patched.
David Vonderhaar said:
- Changed: Tweaks on ADS raise time; Hip fire accuracy reduction; more gun kick (so less accuracy), and slightly slower re-center speed.
- Not Changed: Fire rate, damage, range, and magazine size

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but one of the guys tweeted about the FAMAS patch, talking about what would happen when it did get patched.
David Vonderhaar said:
- Changed: Tweaks on ADS raise time; Hip fire accuracy reduction; more gun kick (so less accuracy), and slightly slower re-center speed.
- Not Changed: Fire rate, damage, range, and magazine size
Already posted that. And he said it won't be for a few weeks

http://twitter.com/#!/DavidVonderhaar/status/82024924885155840

3 weeks? Not sure.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Colorful maps, 9 times out of ten, are the best maps. :D

See: Terminal, Highrise, Bog, Radiation, Launch, Nuketown

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If they ever create a "Firing Range 24/7" playlist, I will cry tears of joy. BEST map in Black Ops in my opinion.

Nuketown is the worst. Has worse spawns than Rust from MW2. (I know I'm going to get hate for this...=/)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Array: The only reason it gets love/hate is because it is the biggest map. If you like SMGs and you aren't deltacod, you're pretty boned.
Honestly I think this map is horrible. The center is too much of a choke point and the spawns are unbalanced (Getting C spawn is immaculate).
Cracked: **** is so unoriginal. They should make symmetrical so maps like this can't be so bad.
Crisis: Lol
Firing Range: This map is wonderfully structured, but the spawns in most game modes are unbalanced.
Grid: Underrated map. The spawns are more balanced than most of the other maps.
Hanoi: This map is just so ****ing random. Its like they molded a piece of **** and they were like "I present... Hanoi"
Havana: This is, without a doubt, in my opinion, the most balanced map. Two equally good spawns, sniping spots, long range shots, vertical places to shoot from, flank routes, etc.
Jungle: This map is so damn atrocious. it was basically made so people could be the giantest ******s.
Launch: Overrated. People like it because it is linear, but the spawns are the worst. It is so easy to be spawn trapped.
Nuke Town: The only reason people love/hate it is because it is tiny. The spawns aren't that bad considering how small it is. It is easier to spawn trap on half of the other maps. I like how fast paced it makes this slow game.
Radiation: My favorite map. I think it is very balanced because of the linear route options and the easy map control.
Summit: It is too linear to be a good map. Spawn trapping is so easy because once you die, you have no options.
Villa: Why in the world do they make such uneven maps? The map has no coordination. It is just a cluster**** of doorways and paths.
WMD: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My favorite maps are:

Firing Range, Summit, Hanoi. In that order.

Grid and WMD come next, but they both suck pretty horribly for Domination, WMD much more so than Grid.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I despise WMD and Crisis. Whoever made these maps should be stabbed and thrown in a river or something. Jesus Christ I never thought I'd see such horrible maps, but they are

I like Nuketown, Summit, and Firing Range though

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I despise WMD and Crisis. Whoever made these maps should be stabbed and thrown in a river or something. Jesus Christ I never thought I'd see such horrible maps, but they are

A bit extreme for designing maps in a video game that you don't like.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You get mad over video games? Seems counter productive to their purpose, entertainment and stress relief. Maybe you should read more.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Havana: This is, without a doubt, in my opinion, the most balanced map. Two equally good spawns, sniping spots, long range shots, vertical places to shoot from, flank routes, etc.
LOL The spawn traps.

I think I made a little kid cry today by stealing his clan tag then ****** him over and over, including a 1v1 where my Makarov Extendos styled on him.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Those spawn traps require a full team effort.
As do the ones on jungle.
Speaking of which, I joined a demo game on jungle where all six members of the team was covering a spawn, so whenever you spawned, you'd die instantly.
Nobody on my team had a kill.
The guy on the top of their team had 120+ Kills.
I left after 6 deaths.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Array is the best sniper map, so snipe.

WMD is ok, just stay in one of the buildings.

Summit is garbage IMO, such awful spawns.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Those spawn traps require a full team effort.
As do the ones on jungle.
Speaking of which, I joined a demo game on jungle where all six members of the team was covering a spawn, so whenever you spawned, you'd die instantly.
Nobody on my team had a kill.
The guy on the top of their team had 120+ Kills.
I left after 6 deaths.
This is pretty much the same thing I do when playing Demolition. I got bored of it pretty fast though, so i pretty much only play Domination or Competition now.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

I don't understand why people hate WMD, I LOVE that map. However, Crisis is kinda eh, only thing I really hate about it is that games progress slowly on that map, which annoys me even more when I'm trying to get contracts.

Player-1

Smash Legend
my top 3:

WMD
Firing Range
Summit

Crisis is a great map for search IMO, and pretty good for domination, but I dislike it in all other game types.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just hate the maps where the B flag are *****es to cap. Like on Array, if you spawn on C, you're basically screwed unless you rush it at the beginning or you're playing against noobs.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Firing range's B flag is a ***** to get though. But yeah, I know what you mean, Array and Cracked are my 2 least favorite maps

Top Bottom