• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sometimes. :-/

Lately it's been hit or miss.

I blame my connection (I was forced to go to a wireless router after a storm. My ethernet port may have been fried. The router is poopy too now, so it MAY be that).

Still aggravating as **** that when I knife someone, my knife hits them, blood goes everywhere, but Johnny camping the corner gets the kill, and I don't.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I honestly hate the knife in this game. It's so stupid when you lunge, hit the person, and still get killed by the guy camping in the corner with Ghost

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Weeee. *rubs hands together* I love arguing about ghost.

Ghost ruins this game. I laughed at the previous posts arguing how the other first tier perks are useful as well. Laughed hard.

Ghost, Silenced Famas, Ninja pro. How do I counter typically half or more of a team using this setup? Enlighten me, I need a good laugh. :awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Ghost ruins this game. I laughed at the previous posts arguing how the other first tier perks are useful as well. Laughed hard.

Ghost, Silenced Famas, Ninja pro. How do I counter typically half or more of a team using this setup? Enlighten me, I need a good laugh. :awesome:
Oh boy, this should be good.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

People who play this game are bad.

How do I counter an entire team using a silenced M1911 on Array?

Also lol Ninja is bad.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

Also lol Ninja is bad.
You use any gun other than a silenced M1911. Single-shotting an Uzi long range is more dangerous than an M1911 at any range.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You use any gun other than a silenced M1911. Single-shotting an Uzi long range is more dangerous than an M1911 at any range.
Just realized I misread what BKP said, lol. But I disagree. My M1911 is godlike. :awesome:

The real answer to BKP's question is: Pretty much everything I explained before about how to succeed at this game. Problem being, I can already tell he's not ready for a genuine discussion and is set in his ways of hating Ghost to death, so there's little point to this. All I'll say is, is that an SMG with Rapid Fire or a shotgun, combined with smart movements, will beat a camper. ESPECIALLY a corner camper.

Ghost does nothing unless you have a Spy Plane up. It doesn't make you super powerful. Suck less people.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Just realized I misread what BKP said, lol. But I disagree. My M1911 is godlike. :awesome:

The real answer to BKP's question is: Pretty much everything I explained before about how to succeed at this game. Problem being, I can already tell he's not ready for a genuine discussion and is set in his ways of hating Ghost to death, so there's little point to this. All I'll say is, is that an SMG with Rapid Fire or a shotgun, combined with smart movements, will beat a camper. ESPECIALLY a corner camper.

Ghost does nothing unless you have a Spy Plane up. It doesn't make you super powerful. Suck less people.
That setup will beat any camper regardless of whether or not they're using ghost. The point is that if they have the setup I mentioned above, you have absolutely no way of telling where they are with their ability to run around the map mindlessly however the hell they please. Not to mention, there's no easy way to know where a camper/corner camper lurks until you've actually been killed by them, in which case, you lose already.

Situational awareness and strategic movements will only get you so far. They're two interrelated ideas in terms of being successful in the CoD series, which most people understand by now. Analyze the situation, and act accordingly. Problem is with ghost, how can you act/move accordingly to a movement that is totally unforseen and unpredictable? Your knowledge of common routes/movements and just knowledge of the map in general will only get you so far until that one particular guy takes some totally stupid/random route and gets away with it because you have no way of telling he's there.

From CoD4, to WaW, to MW2, I've been largely successful with my play style and I can say with confidence I have never had a problem such as this one. My map knowledge, awareness, reactions, general understanding of the game, and anything else you can think of that contributes to a successful player have won me tons of games to this point and have overall made me a successful CoD player, regardless of the game. But in BO, the ghost **** is just getting ridiculous. There's no setback to using it and the other perks don't compare whatsoever. My play style is the same and still works damn well, but virtually every time I die to something aside from random BS like zeus nades and the sort, it's ghost.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I honestly hate the knife in this game. It's so stupid when you lunge, hit the person, and still get killed by the guy camping in the corner with Ghost
>knife someone
>corner near by
>person with ghost happens to be there
>shoots fuelbi
>knife sucks

roach logic is best logic.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Also lol Ninja is bad.
Ninja isn't bad, I got that "Pro" after I finished Marathon, sure it's Pro version doesn't help but being silent is worth it.

You are SO loud in this game.

also, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL AIEX

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
>knife someone
>corner near by
>person with ghost happens to be there
>shoots fuelbi
>knife sucks

roach logic is best logic.
Come on I specifically come to the corner just to take him out, he's not even looking at my direction, I lunge at him, the knife hits, but it doesn't register as killed, then while I'm still recovering to at least try to fire from my hip, he turns around and stabs me instead

Yeah ok like that never happens to any of you

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Come on I specifically come to the corner just to take him out, he's not even looking at my direction, I lunge at him, the knife hits, but it doesn't register as killed, then while I'm still recovering to at least try to fire from my hip, he turns around and stabs me instead

If this is the scenario that you meant before, then excuse me. You weren't really good with your words before.

This never happens to me because I rarely knife when I could just as easily shoot to kill. I'd like you to upload a clip of this though, because I doubt it's always a person with Ghost in a corner.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That setup will beat any camper regardless of whether or not they're using ghost. The point is that if they have the setup I mentioned above, you have absolutely no way of telling where they are with their ability to run around the map mindlessly however the hell they please. Not to mention, there's no easy way to know where a camper/corner camper lurks until you've actually been killed by them, in which case, you lose already.

Situational awareness and strategic movements will only get you so far. They're two interrelated ideas in terms of being successful in the CoD series, which most people understand by now. Analyze the situation, and act accordingly. Problem is with ghost, how can you act/move accordingly to a movement that is totally unforseen and unpredictable? Your knowledge of common routes/movements and just knowledge of the map in general will only get you so far until that one particular guy takes some totally stupid/random route and gets away with it because you have no way of telling he's there.

From CoD4, to WaW, to MW2, I've been largely successful with my play style and I can say with confidence I have never had a problem such as this one. My map knowledge, awareness, reactions, general understanding of the game, and anything else you can think of that contributes to a successful player have won me tons of games to this point and have overall made me a successful CoD player, regardless of the game. But in BO, the ghost **** is just getting ridiculous. There's no setback to using it and the other perks don't compare whatsoever. My play style is the same and still works damn well, but virtually every time I die to something aside from random BS like zeus nades and the sort, it's ghost.
This is pretty much what I've been trying to say all along.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is more noticeably apparent in BLops than MW2, even though the perk still exists in MW2.

/tired daze from slumber of the gods.

Grandeza

Smash Master
A friend told me ADSing with a Famas RDS is faster than ADSing with reg iron sights. Is that true? Does RDS give any advantage(besides the obvious aim crutch).

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If this is the scenario that you meant before, then excuse me. You weren't really good with your words before.

This never happens to me because I rarely knife when I could just as easily shoot to kill. I'd like you to upload a clip of this though, because I doubt it's always a person with Ghost in a corner.
Oh sorry if my words weren't good before

And next time it happens I'll upload a clip of it.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

It's happened to me before many times, both corner campers and in general knifing someone. It does help having tomahawks to throw right after your knife doesn't kill someone though :awesome:

This is pretty much what I've been trying to say all along.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is more noticeably apparent in BLops than MW2, even though the perk still exists in MW2.

/tired daze from slumber of the gods.
There was Stopping Power in mw2.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's happened to me before many times, both corner campers and in general knifing someone. It does help having tomahawks to throw right after your knife doesn't kill someone though :awesome:

There was Stopping Power in mw2.
Well yeah but my aim is horrid with tomahawks because I always miss by a fraction of an inch and even after practicing I didn't improve so yeah >_>

And yeah SP is why no one used CB in MW2. It balanced out Ghost nicely but was only removed because it killed quickly even though it'd be fine as he'll with juggernaut which people complained gave snipers a disadvantage and removed it, leaving only Ghost

IMO the only solutions I can see for this problem is either bringing back SP and Jug, which won't happen if snipers complain about not getting kills in the torso, or removing Ghost entirely with no chance of return and coming up with new perk to take it's place

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
We could just have a Stopping Power that doesn't give as big of a multiplier.
It is normally 1.4; we could make it 1.x, x being whatever we see fit.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
top 10 tomahawks anoj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvN-bVCvtGo

The winning clip is bad. Sure he got that many kills with tomahawks, but anyone can do that when they're playing against that many green bars.......

Plus I hated how most of the clips seemed more on the luck side of things rather than the skill side. For example the clips at 10 and 5. And I also hear it's easy to do clip 2 when you know the angle for doing it.

Plus my clip didn't make it while that diveahawk extra did.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can someone tell me if those ones where they hit loads of walls on the way to the target planned or is it random or something? Because that's amazing and it looks so hard to nail

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Contrary to popular belief, tomahawks require a lot of luck. Not trying to take away anything from you guys, but for someone to be killed by a tomahawk, a lot has to fall in place for it to actually hit. Doesn't make it any less impressive, though.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Contrary to popular belief, tomahawks require a lot of luck. Not trying to take away anything from you guys, but for someone to be killed by a tomahawk, a lot has to fall in place for it to actually hit. Doesn't make it any less impressive, though.
Which is why I never try for trick shots. Random spawnhawks are jus fun, but I don't try to get these 360 bank shots etc.

Player-1

Smash Legend
IDK, most luck for tomahawks are spawn tomahawks or if they're just far away. The further away from you they are the more predictions you have to make and it takes skill to make the best predictions, then the luck comes in when you try to decide which prediction to take. Tomahawks are definitely more skill based than luck.

Grandeza

Smash Master
A question for the PVR owners here. If I were to record with a PVR on a non HD TV, how would the quality be? Would it be no different than a dazzle? Just asking because i will get an hd tv and pvr but was curious if I should get the pvr now or just wait till i have the hd tv.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A question for the PVR owners here. If I were to record with a PVR on a non HD TV, how would the quality be? Would it be no different than a dazzle? Just asking because i will get an hd tv and pvr but was curious if I should get the pvr now or just wait till i have the hd tv.
As far as I know, you can't even record on a non HD TV.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Simple, buy a monitor instead. That's what I'm doing, I'm going to be buying this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059 It's the monitor used for MLG events, and for EVO, due to its lack of input delay. I don't even watch TV anymore, so all it's used for is a screen to play or watch movies. Perhaps if you use your TV it might be a bad idea though.
So does that work with PVRs and such with no input lag whatsoever? I'm really interested in that if that's how it works, because I need a TV like that if I ever want a PVR (which I still kind of do now that I have the money to afford one).

I haven't gotten an HD TV to this day JUST because of the input delay you get with all of them. It makes it impossible for me to play, because I can notice even the slightest bit. This is just what I've been looking for if it has no input lag, though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I've been on fire recently. In five days, I've brought my K/D and W/L up about 10 points (now 3.23 W/L and 3.25 K/D), which is pretty hard, considering my almost 19,000 deaths. I've lost count of how many 10+ K/D games I've gotten (at least 40), maybe 6 or 7 of them were 50+ K/D games, all in 6v6 Domination. I don't know what it is, I don't normally don't play this well. I can't like, I'm kind of feeling myself ATM.

No lag on my HD TV.
You play on like a 50" HDTV right? Bigger TVs are usually better made, and have significantly less lag than like a 22" HDTV would have.

So does that work with PVRs and such with no input lag whatsoever? I'm really interested in that if that's how it works, because I need a TV like that if I ever want a PVR (which I still kind of do now that I have the money to afford one).

I haven't gotten an HD TV to this day JUST because of the input delay you get with all of them. It makes it impossible for me to play, because I can notice even the slightest bit. This is just what I've been looking for if it has no input lag, though.
I'm not sure. I don't own an HDPVR. I'm not sure how it's gonna go. Check around. Before you buy it, I'd also make sure that it has ports for component cables, if you require them, that is.

Top Bottom