• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So is anyone getting on for some double EXP?

Also my accuracy used to be around 20%

Then I started using the likes of dual HS10's which really brought it down.

It's around 16-17 now.

Grandeza

Smash Master
What exactly does everyone mean by "rushing" enemies? Obviously its the opposite of camping, but do you take out enemies from behind? Rush right at an enemy in front of their face? Or just being constantly moving?
I generally think of it as just bringing the fight to the enemy and not waiting for them. Constantly moving towards them not necessarily head on. And I almost always rush. I might camp for the last kill if I'm one off a Blackbird or something.

I'll get on around 7 or 8

edit- me and Swampert are on now. Join us for some great Nuketown shenanigans!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I wish I'd get hate mail in CoD

Only game where I'm incapable of getting it in apparently.

EDIT:

Btw guys give me some classes because I'm sure there's much more I can do than just FAMAS silenced all day right? Like if you have any weird looking classes as well that'd be nice so I can vary my gameplay up a bit

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Buy MW2 for PS3 and play with me!

I agree with this except it's not really balanced when the FAMAS destroys every other gun in the game.
He'll never buy a PS3.

I got some hate mail today :D

I stole a Gunship from somebody's care package :awesome:
From a teammate or an enemy?

And I think my accuracy in Blops is 27% (I may be wrong) which is weird since I tend to spray and pray a lot.

Grandeza

Smash Master
just had a game on Nuketown where I went 83-17 :D I'm liking this Nuketown 24/7 business. I'm almost tempted to prestige but I despised it last time. I will not fall into treyarch's trap again!

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Challenge accepted.:awesome:

My accuracy in general is about 25%.
I held a 25% accuracy until about 9th prestige, where I just stopped caring, and rushed to max rank as quickly as possible. My accuracy dropped to like 18%, but I brought it back to 20% recently.

And as to this whole "best on SWF" thing, I really don't care if I'm the best or not. I couldn't care less. As long as I always do well, I don't really care if people do better than I do. I might talk a lot of trash, but it's really nothing more than that.

Except for when people are condescending of me, I don't like to compare myself to others, but if once they do that, I have no problem talking about how my W/L alone is twice their W/L and K/D combined, and how they're stuck at the bottom of the leaderboard each game. :)

What exactly does everyone mean by "rushing" enemies? Obviously its the opposite of camping, but do you take out enemies from behind? Rush right at an enemy in front of their face? Or just being constantly moving?
From what I can tell, most rushers who do well consistently are basically smart players who get a fair amount of kills by running flanks. This isn't a bad thing, in fact, it's probably the best way to play this game. There's really not much more to it than that. You can't do well consistently in a game like this by taking on every enemy you face head on, it just won't work as well, regardless of how good you are at the game.

Pikaville

I'm only joking with you Leafy :p

I've only played like 4 games max on PS3 so can't actually comment on the skill level there.

My sis and her BF say the difference is enough to notice on average though.

Last statement is very true BTW....unless you are Delta :mad:

He kills everything all the time, even when he isn't looking at you.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It's posts like these that make me wonder if everyone is just really bad at rushing or if I'm just that godly. =/
Depends on what "rushing" means to you. Moving from position of advantage to position of advantage is rushing to some extent depending on how quickly you do it, but in this game with ghost and the horrible sound, it's inevitable that you'll get killed more often and you have to play more cautiously. It's just too difficult to do well consistently in this game.

Pikaville

I also played Call of the Dead for the 1st time earlier yesterday.

I kinda liked it.

I'd need to play it a good few more times before I make up my mind on how I feel about it.

George is bloody annoying, that much I do know.

I also spent a **** TON of money trying to get the scavenger, only to end up with a bunch of Ballistic knives, Dragunov's and G11's.

The box hates me.

I love the fact you can have semtex though :3

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Call of the Dead is mediocre at best. Can't really compare to the titans like Der Riese and Ascension.

Can't say that this was worth it and I don't recommend you buy Escalation.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
In general, I feel like a player's performance in this game relies on a few things.

Reaction Time
Class Mobility
Knowledge
Reads

Knowledge and Reads sorta fall together down a similar area. You need to have the knowledge of maps and weapons to make reads. Reads include simple things like reading map flow (spawn killing is a very basic example of this; you know where the enemy can go when they initially spawn so you throw a Tomahawk to cut off that path right at the start.), or even more complex things like what an individual player will do based on their location, the current score, your location, the enemy team's location, and active air support.

This is why I use a lot of kill streaks that mess with the enemy's knowledge and improve my own. Spy Plane/UAV are CRUCIAL to being highly successful at this game (in Core, not necessarily true in HardCore, but I only care about core). When you have a Spy Plane up, your knowledge automatically improves. You know (generally) where the enemy is, so you can read their likely movement paths and find a way to beat them. SAM Turret/CUAV interrupt enemy UAV, and thus available knowledge, so they are limited. Even I struggle a little when the enemy has a CUAV up. Not because I always have Spy Planes or whatever up (I don't rely on them), but rather because I don't know where my team is. Just knowing where your own team is allows you to know where the enemy isn't, and figure out where they're spawning in general so you can plan a good route to take. I still manage to pull some decent runs off with an enemy CUAV up, but it's MUCH harder and relies more on my Reaction Time than use of knowledge, although I'm pretty good at simply reading maps for what they are and don't always need the UAV up to know where everyone is.

Hence, the Blackbird is broken.

Also, Headsets are a good help because they let you hear where the enemy is. This also improves knowledge and allows you to make reads.

The other VERY important thing I feel you need to do well in this game is mobility. I run Marathon on like, every class. Mobility is godlike. It lets you abuse your knowledge and reads to successfully flank. It lets you escape bad situations. It lets you win firefights because you can run around, say, a car, quickly during a firefight to get a better line of sight/dodge bullets/confuse your enemy. It also keeps the enemy from knowing where you are. Whenever I try to camp, I ALWAYS get blown up. Always. Because people know where I am so they have time to cook a frag and throw it accurately in my face. If I'm running everywhere, they can't do that.

This also explains why I always do pretty poorly with LMGs.

Reaction Time is pretty self explanatory. It should be noted that in general, if you're actively moving, you'll usually have a better reaction time because you're always charged and ready to move. When you sit around waiting you sorta relax and lose the charge and some reaction time. It's why I typically beat corner campers; I rush into the room, look around, find them, and shoot them while they're trying to react. They usually end up shooting at the space behind me for a while before finally lining up their shot, so I usually win the firefight.

Reaction Time is pretty self explanatory. I like high sensitivity because it allows me to aim/look around as fast as I'm reacting. If you react fast, you can deal with surprises with more success.

So typically, I rush by running around the map, reading the match with my knowledge, and either flanking or picking head on battles I'm more suited towards winning.

Wow, I just like, explained my whole method of playing CoD.

Btw guys give me some classes because I'm sure there's much more I can do than just FAMAS silenced all day right? Like if you have any weird looking classes as well that'd be nice so I can vary my gameplay up a bit
MAC11 Rapid Fire, Scavenger, SoH, Marathon.

Stakeout Grip, LW, SoH, Marathon.

M60 Big Ammo & W/E, Ghost, Warlord, Hacker.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Also, Headsets are a good help because they let you hear where the enemy is. This also improves knowledge and allows you to make reads.
You have no idea how badly I agree with this. I used to play like a pro before my headset broke

Now hearing the stuff from the TV sucks and isn't the same

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You have no idea how badly I agree with this. I used to play like a pro before my headset broke

Now hearing the stuff from the TV sucks and isn't the same
I hear stuff from my TV speakers and I do just fine. I just have to crank the volume up pretty high to hear footsteps.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I got my first spawn tomahawk on berlin wall yesterday =D.

Spawn Tomahawk list:

-Summit (both sides, and also an extra one in a different spot)
-Launch (one side)
-Radiation (one side)
-Berlin Wall (one side)
-Kowloon (one side)
-Stadium (one side, but 2 different spots)
-Convoy (one side)
-Cracked (both sides...also a ballistic knife)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head so I might be missing one or two.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I hear stuff from my TV speakers and I do just fine. I just have to crank the volume up pretty high to hear footsteps.
My Headset IS my speakers. My TV speakers are broke. Before I got my headset I like, hooked up a SECOND TV next to the inputs in my larger TV and used it for sound. @_@

And while you can hear footsteps this way, it sorta bothers everyone else in the house. =P

I wanted to post something like Delta did, but I didn't care enough to do that. I actually really like his explanation though. Good stuff.
Thanks.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I swear, double XP weekend brought out all the *******s and all the noobs that play this game. And all the noobs get stuck on my team.

I can't carry that hard, I'm sorry. This is getting ridiculous. Team SWF, halp!

Edit: Got picked up by a group of players in CTF. We absolutely destroyed EVERYTHING tonight. So much ****. @_@

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
what I do is I go to the escalation playlist

1) I actually really enjoy the maps
2) I dont know why but for some reason there's no good ppl there, just n00bs :awesome:

Pikaville

Me and F8AL want to assemble the most powerful SWF team ever tonight to crap all over the foolish mortals of xbox live.

Who is game?

S

smash brawl player 99021

I am.
WHO ELSE?

i betta see Deltroll and Swamp online. 8-)

Pikaville

If we gets the likes of F8AL, myself, Icy, Swampert, Delta and ODIN, there is no telling what chaos we could cause.

Top Bottom