• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
My cousin bought the PC version for me as a graduation present. Turns out I own the one dual core processor that gives Black Ops and World at War horrible stuttering problems. Funny, because Modern Warfare 2 runs just fine.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My cousin bought the PC version for me as a graduation present. Turns out I own the one dual core processor that gives Black Ops and World at War horrible stuttering problems. Funny, because Modern Warfare 2 runs just fine.
It's Treyarch, what do you expect?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I was going to post "Perhaps it's developer incompetence," but I didn't want to come across as a troll. I'll try overclocking my processor and see if that helps any. If not, waste of $59.99 on my cousin's part. I feel bad for him.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was going to post "Perhaps it's developer incompetence," but I didn't want to come across as a troll. I'll try overclocking my processor and see if that helps any. If not, waste of $59.99 on my cousin's part. I feel bad for him.
Nah, it's okay if you post that cause it's true. Black Ops is even worse on the PC than MW2 was. (Even tho it has dedicated servers, a lot of PC gamers can't play the game due to many reasons: frame rate issues, freezing, crashing etc. And the game isn't patched that much on the PC as well...)

I'm just glad that that I have the "best" version of Black Ops on my 360 because as usual, that's their leading platform and then they port the game over to the other platforms.

CoD4/MW2 ran fine on the PC on a 'technical' standpoint because Infinity Ward is the overall competent and better developer.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I actually liked Modern Warfare 2 for its faults. It was a ludicrously imbalanced console port, but at least it was a smooth console port. Infinity Ward got their start on PC, so they know how to optimize the engine for smooth performance. Treyarch's engine optimization in Black Ops, or lack thereof, is atrocious. My PC's hardware is superior to both current generation consoles. I shouldn't be chugging along at 14-29 FPS just because Billy Bob at the office doesn't know how to trim some unnecessary lines of code. Especially when the engine he's working with is from 1999.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Can't get on for too long. I have an Eagle Scout recognition dinner thing tonight. Bleh.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
LOL. I guess I'd be up for a trial run. Naturally though, since I am prestiging, I can't always be very consistent with my class set ups. Although everything I use I can get early on, it's more an issue of having pro perks. =/
Can't wait.
We need two more people.
I want Leafy to get an Xbox.
F8AL would be a great addition because of his wonderful campy tendencies.
Who else? Banjo is good at this game and I'm sure he is up for a competitive team.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Can't wait.
We need two more people.
Who else? Banjo is good at this game and I'm sure he is up for a competitive team.
I have an Xbox, I've had one since release, just don't use it because I can't play on a wired connection anymore. If I can get my brother to by MW3 on PS3 for me, I'll buy MW3 for Xbox, and the component needed to get online while in my room.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Can't wait.
We need two more people.
I'm in.

10mybodyisreadyfromwretched

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Can I be a test dummy that plays on the randoms' teams against the entire team SWF?

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I played BO on my PS3 for the first time since forever

Looks like I still got if if I nearly went 50 kills in Nuketown Dom (Idc how unimpressive that is I haven't played in months)

Matt07

Smash Master
Been using the M60 for this prestige (with Scavenger, SoH, Tactical Mask (all pro)), and I'm really liking it. I get a positive K/D ratio for most of the games which is pretty good for me :bee:.

I think Tactical Mask Pro is my favourite perk by far, really helpful.

Fletch

Smash Master
I have an Xbox, I've had one since release, just don't use it because I can't play on a wired connection anymore. If I can get my brother to by MW3 on PS3 for me, I'll buy MW3 for Xbox, and the component needed to get online while in my room.
Don't you do this to me.

I'll probably get a copy of MW3 for 360 as well, but I doubt I ever play it.

Fletch

Smash Master
And why do you say that? Most of us here regularly play together.
I don't want Leafy leaving me for 360, that's all. I'd play 360 with you guys, but I really hate firing mine up since it doesn't push full HD and surround properly and I don't like the controllers. Also, all of my RL friends play PS3.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't want Leafy leaving me for 360, that's all. I'd play 360 with you guys, but I really hate firing mine up since it doesn't push full HD and surround properly and I don't like the controllers. Also, all of my RL friends play PS3.
You can do both. Play with your RL friends on the PS3 and Team SWF on the 360.

It's a win-win! :bee:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My broke *** is still pushing on a 20" Standard Def TV. You have NOTHING to complain about. RL friends was one of the main reasons I got a PS3 in the first place, but I barely play with them anymore unless I'm bored, they can't keep up with me since I got used to the controller, and I hate losing. I hate losing a lot.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
20" standard def TV holy crap how do you see anything, especially heads popping out of things
A lot of focus, a lot of focus. I have a 55" full HD TV I can play on whenever I want, I just can't stand playing on it. I'd rather play on a tiny piece of garbage Standard def TV than play on a amazing screen too large for me to see everything that's going on at once.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I finally got 15th prestige, but marathon pro is so annoying to get, 15 flag caps are the worst. So far I have 5 flag caps.

Fletch

Smash Master
I play on a 106" 1080p projector with 7.1 surround. I need that setup or I suck, the last time I played with you Leaf I was on my 25" 720p screen in my room and it's just awful. The loss of surround is actually really annoying for footsteps. But any way, the 360s outputs suck, MSFT ****ed up big time with the way the ports work and what it pushes and supports, and when you have a gaming setup like that it's hard to take anything on 360 seriously. Just my 2 cents, when you get used to playing with that it's hard to play with anything less.

D

Deleted member

I've got a little 19 inch TV in 1080p. At least the picture is pretty nice.

Top Bottom