• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Absolutely. I honestly think sniping is perfect now. Quickscoping is reasonable, but you lose at closer ranges like you should.
Yep! I was doing a bit of sniping last night and this is exactly what I felt. I managed to pull off some slick Quickscopes, but I could tell a lot of the time it was because the guy didn't react fast enough or because he was still in the end lag from sprinting at me. I love how scoping in feels now, too. I found it very enjoyable.

I also went from like, level 19 to like, 41 yesterday. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, well the whole idea of quickscoping in this game is to be able to snipe people from afar without having to take 8 hours of breathing or to be able to snipe people who are unsuspecting.
It definitely feels balanced to me, but it isn't a good idea when your team is getting wrecked or you have a bad connection.

Player-1

Smash Legend
so i got all of the specter challenges and working on the MAC11 now. That gun would be the best in the game if it could have extended mags and rapid fire i swear.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeep.
So, I figured I'd write up a little paragraph on why the Famas, and comparatively the AUG, need to be nerfed because of their blatant advantage over every assault rifle in terms of killing speed and potential.

First off, most of the stats of the famas are insignificant. The kick has a value that is biased to go upward and right. The center speed, or the speed at which your gun settles into its original position after firing, is the second best, being beaten only by the G11, which has completely different properties. The raise speed, or the speed at which you bring your famas out, is the best of the assault rifles, tied with the G11. The reload speed is average. The hipfire is the same as all full auto assault rifles. The ADS is the same as all full auto assault rifles excluding the Enfeld. The iron sights of the famas are desirable, and can be found on the G11 and the AUG as well. The mag size of the famas is an average 30 rounds.
Now, more importantly, the damage of the Famas (which can be considered the same as the AUG in almost all aspects) is 35 damage until 40 meters, which is a great distance. This means that until those 40 meters, the Famas only needs three non-head shot bullets to kill anyone under any conditions. A head shot with the Famas does 49 damage, meaning it takes three bullets to kill with the Famas in any situation under 40 meters, with two head shots only doing 98 damage. At a distance, however, three head shots will muster a kill, while it takes four bullets to kill without a head shot. The Famas cannot physically take more than 4 bullets to kill under any condition. This is the same for every assault rifle in the game. The only prevalent factor that defines the Famas as the best is the fact that its firerate is .2x faster than all other fully automatic assault rifles excluding the AUG. This means that every assault rifle excluding the semiautomatic assault rifles have the same damage profile in that they kill in 3 shots up close, with only the high damage assault rifles killing in two head shots at close range.
The fire rate of the famas allows it to win all fire fights against equally matched opponents with a clear advantage of killing potential. It kills faster than all other assalt rifles except the equally matched AUG (Who's only differences except the kick are insignificant in fire fights).

Lower the damage of the famas.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol that would totally revolutionize the current blackops metagame if htat happened

holy **** i got trolled mad hard

ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
lol that would totally revolutionize the current blackops metagame if htat happened
on other news, F8AL is no longer a mod
Two things:
Yes. It would. I wish they would nerf it. The fact that I have been killed more by the 74u is besides the point considering most of my deaths were prepatch.
Second, F8AL is still a mod.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So I'm having a sh*tload of fun with this class:

Uzi w/ ACOG and Rapid Fire
Supressed M1911

Semtex/Nova/Claymore

Scavenger
Warlord
Second Chance Pro

:troll:

D

Deleted member

The reason the Famas (and to a lesser extent, the AUG) is overpowered comes down to one thing. All auto/burst rifles kill in the same number of shots, but the Famas has a rate of fire of 937.5, while the other rifles are at 750.

If the damage on the Famas was nerfed to 30-20, the RoF lowered, or the recoil increased, we'd see a ton more variety in people's custom class choices.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wait so if each full auto assault rifle kills in the same number of bullets then why do the game stats say each gun seems to deal out a different amount of damage?

D

Deleted member

Wait so if each full auto assault rifle kills in the same number of bullets then why do the game stats say each gun seems to deal out a different amount of damage?
They do have different damages. The Famas, AUG, and Enfield deal 35 damage close, 25 far, which makes a 3-4 shot kill. The other rifles (minus the semiautos) deal 40-30 damage, which is higher, but still kills in the same number of shots.

The only time 40-30 has an advantage is with headshots and shooting through cover.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The reason the Famas (and to a lesser extent, the AUG) is overpowered comes down to one thing. All auto/burst rifles kill in the same number of shots, but the Famas has a rate of fire of 937.5, while the other rifles are at 750.
If the damage on the Famas was nerfed to 30-20, the RoF lowered, or the recoil increased, we'd see a ton more variety in people's custom class choices.
Indeed, I would love to see any of those changes happen. I think the damage should be lowered so that we don't just have another enfield.

The game's gun stats lie.
Indeed. They're unreliable. Just base your gun decisions on experience.

They do have different damages. The Famas, AUG, and Enfield deal 35 damage close
This is the truth.
The Enfield also has a firerate of 750 and not the 937.5 of the Famas/Aug, meaning the Enfield is the worst of the full auto assault rifles in terms of killing power.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I have never heard that 0_o; is there any backing to that rumor?

Also, people, please run this class. I promise you won't be disappointed like Delta-cod. This class pulled me 14 kills in a matter of 30~ seconds on jungle (Expect dat clip).

Mac 11 @ Silencer / Asp @ Dual Wield
Semtex
Stuns
C4
-Scavenger Pro
-Sleight of Hand Pro
-Marathon Pro

Scavenger pro is pretty important. This class is great for spawn control because of the copious amounts of ammo, the odd killing power of this gun, and even the controllable kick of the Mac 11. The muzzle flare is completely eliminated, giving you a gun with minimal amounts of kick. Sleight of hand, because you will be reloading constantly (learn how to reload cancel too). Marathon because the mobility is great. You can use ninja, hacker, etc in place of it if you don't want to run as much. Running marathon is pointless if you don't have pro.
Also, you have to be able to aim well. If you spray or play on 10 sensitivity, this class will probably **** you up.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Deltacod disapproves of the above setup. Mac11 does not kill fast enough at range with a silencer and it does not have enough ammo to deal with multiple foes. Range is severely damaged, mag size is low, and kill speed and efficiency suffer as a result. Also, good luck dealing with dropshotters, lol.

However, I still recommend trying the class out because it's important that everyone tries out classes to see if they like it or not. Seriously, don't read my post and be like "Lol Wretched" and then not use the class. I even used it for a bit to test it out before going back to my MP5K Rapid Fire. <3

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If you play with it like a shotgun, which should be your objective with most SMGs, then you shouldn't have the issue of range.
It does take 4 bullets to kill at close range, but the same can be said even when it is unsilenced,
The mag size is low, but with a reload cancel and good aim, you should never have any issues. I got three triple feeds yesterday with it while you were present and reloading was never an issue. If you think of it like a shotgun, again, you can realize that the reload is only a minor set back, like cocking the gun with the stakeout.
It kills in .32 second from far away if all of your bullets hit, and considering the muzzle flash and the kick are extremely managable and almost non-existent, killing people from afar shouldn't be a problem.

I think what happened was you played a bad game with it (Against drop shotters, who pretty much make most guns obsolete) and got the wrong idea of it.
Try it again ;_;

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate trailers? It makes no sense to make a teaser of a Call of Duty montage.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Well at least in the case of Grizz, he hasn't uploaded anything of interest in a while. I think if you're "known" a trailer makes some sense. I don't think it makes much sense when a lesser known player makes a trailer.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well at least in the case of Grizz, he hasn't uploaded anything of interest in a while. I think if you're "known" a trailer makes some sense. I don't think it makes much sense when a lesser known player makes a trailer.
The thing about Grizz though, he was all montages until this became his job. And to make money, he did tutorials and commentaries and other garbage. Trailers give him more views which gives him more money for less effort. It doesn't make sense no matter who makes a trailer, it's not a movie. It's not in a theater.

I only hate it when people upload link videos. Why not just upload the damn video?
Watch the language, bro. Tighten up with that.

When someone links to a video, they're trying to get that person more views, likes, and potentially subs. That actually makes a lot of sense because the person should get more exposure.

@Grandeza - I believe he's talking about videos that just link you to a larger montage.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Copyright issues.

(Assuming you're talking about when someone uploads a vid that's just a link to a vid on their own website)
No, I mean videos like:

"Click on the annotation/link in the description to be taken to the full video!"

Why not just upload the full video? People want money from views I guess...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, I mean videos like:

"Click on the annotation/link in the description to be taken to the full video!"

Why not just upload the full video? People want money from views I guess...
This is what I was talking about.

People don't upload the full video because that's the way it should be. If you spent hours editing just for someone else to upload and get credit for it, I can't see you being too happy. People only link to other montages because it's the original video that should be getting the most exposure.

Take for example the WaW Quadtage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmNMWhT27Ls

This video was linked to by several popular youtubers. Why? Because it's not their video. It's 16 minutes of the best content possible and seeing the full video on Hutch's channel would be dumb. It's not about money hahahahaha.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
how much money does grizz make from all this stuff anyway, if anyone knows
Enough. He doesn't talk much about it because he can't, but he refers to CoD as his job so it's enough.

Top Bottom