• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I never really liked montages that much honestly, but then again that might be because you usually see quickscoping in those, and quickscoping is just annoying IMO, to me there's nothing amazing about it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I never really liked montages that much honestly, but then again that might be because you usually see quickscoping in those, and quickscoping is just annoying IMO, to me there's nothing amazing about it.
Montages are designed to showcase really difficult clips. They're only popular because the majority of people can't do these things. Do you know just how hard it is to get a 5 man feed with a Springfield? That's an accomplishment in itself, it takes more skill than any amount of reg gun clips you'll ever see. To discredit the thousands of montage makers because they quickscope is just silly, what they do is truly incredible and something few people can do.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you play with it like a shotgun, which should be your objective with most SMGs, then you shouldn't have the issue of range.
Here's the problem! :awesome:

MP5K for life. <3

My problem with montages is that a lot of them display lucky situations. Multi feeds involving a spawn trap + an entire mag of spray from some AR, or a no scope across the map. That's cool and all, but it doesn't really show anything amazing to me. The only things I watch as far as CoD videos are related are lulz clips (Metroid Monoxide does some good ones). I would watch full matches, but a lot of the ones out there suck. If someone can link me to a video of someone carrying a team through ridiculous odds to victory, I'd be impressed. That kind of stuff shows incredible knowledge, thinking, aiming, and skill.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
tbh I wouldnt have started to play the CoD series if it werent for some montage vids that my brother showed me lol so I have something to be thankful to montage makers

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My problem with montages is that a lot of them display lucky situations. Multi feeds involving a spawn trap + an entire mag of spray from some AR, or a no scope across the map. That's cool and all, but it doesn't really show anything amazing to me. The only things I watch as far as CoD videos are related are lulz clips (Metroid Monoxide does some good ones). I would watch full matches, but a lot of the ones out there suck. If someone can link me to a video of someone carrying a team through ridiculous odds to victory, I'd be impressed. That kind of stuff shows incredible knowledge, thinking, aiming, and skill.
Now I can agree with this because the community turned to trash and people began keeping worse and worse clips. The WaW Quadtage is probably the best example I can think of because it has everything that's good about montages in one giant compilation of ****. It's just good old Ground War with everything in it.

Sniper highlights (This includes everything from triples with one shot, to hardscope 5 man PTRS feeds), 6 man grenades, crazy flamethrower feeds, amazing shotgun streaks and some unusual sprays. None of it is spawn killing but a good amount is being at the right place at the right time. Mosh, Gek, Blitz, and Keegan know how to make montages and it makes me sad that most of them are quitting because of how bad this community turned out.

Just trying to point out that montages aren't all bad, there's still some gems out there.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Now I can agree with this because the community turned to trash and people began keeping worse and worse clips. The WaW Quadtage is probably the best example I can think of because it has everything that's good about montages in one giant compilation of ****. It's just good old Ground War with everything in it.

Sniper highlights (This includes everything from triples with one shot, to hardscope 5 man PTRS feeds), 6 man grenades, crazy flamethrower feeds, amazing shotgun streaks and some unusual sprays. None of it is spawn killing but a good amount is being at the right place at the right time. Mosh, Gek, Blitz, and Keegan know how to make montages and it makes me sad that most of them are quitting because of how bad this community turned out.

Just trying to point out that montages aren't all bad, there's still some gems out there.
I was actually about to comment on the Quadtage since I just finished watching it. :)

It was definitely good, but I felt like a lot of the clips were..."eh." Especially the constant displays of collaterals/multikills. My issue with that is that it was the Ground War playlist...in War. At chokepoints. I would EXPECT massive amounts of people to be running in the same area, lol. The first couple I was like "Nice." And then it got really "Oh wow, another 3-for-1 shot on that bridge... in Ground War 'War.' "

Some of the collaterals were really impressive though. There were quite a few in there where I noticed the player waiting for a couple people to move and then firing to get the collateral. Thaaaaaaaaaat was sick.

And of course, some of those quick scoping segments were pretty ****. That precision and general reaction time was godlike.

And the shenanigans! I enjoyed the shenanigans greatly. Especially the Flamethrower part. :awesome:

The music was so annoying though. Why must every montage use that type of music? :glare:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Killing 4+ people in one killfeed without it being split up is impressive, despite their being 9 people on the other team. It's essentially you killing half the team with a sniper. The 3 for 1's are impressive because those don't happen every day, few people can get that many triples, haha. I never see the kind of stuff they do in any random game.

It's still the best display of montage material on youtube, but I do agree with the music. It's really bad. Montages nowadays are mostly dubstep, metal screaming stuff, and non copyright crap like Hadouken!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Killing 4+ people in one killfeed without it being split up is impressive, despite their being 9 people on the other team. It's essentially you killing half the team with a sniper. The 3 for 1's are impressive because those don't happen every day, few people can get that many triples, haha. I never see the kind of stuff they do in any random game.

It's still the best display of montage material on youtube, but I do agree with the music. It's really bad. Montages nowadays are mostly dubstep, metal screaming stuff, and non copyright crap like Hadouken!
I guess. I just don't really understand the whole "x feed" hype. Does it really matter if some other guy on your team kills the guy on the opposite side of the map from you if you're there killing 4 people in quick succession? I'm more impressed by the rapid succession of kills, not the feed, lol.

And of course you don't see this stuff happen in any random game. These people are actually good at the game. A lot of people wouldn't get a 3 for 1 if it was presented to them on a silver platter.

But yeah, despite my criticisms, I think the montage was good. Except for the music. People gotta go and ruin good montages with crap music. :glare:

Thunder, no trailer.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Never mind, I'm stupid.

Besides that, I now have a 5 Gold guns, PSG1, and PM63. Going for AUG next, followed by G11. They are annoying as hell to get, but I like shiny things <3

Grandeza

Smash Master
Round 34 Call of the Dead
me- ~1500 kills 238k
friend ~1200 kills 280k

I always have to go to sleep before we lose. it's kind of irksome. Waking up at 5 30 for school really sucks. i was hoping 3 and a half hours would be enough time.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
With a score per minute of 412.76, I am currently ranked #14 in the world for Domination this week. Easily the highest I've been on any leaderboard ever on BO, I was in the top 50 for Sabotage twice, and i usually end up in the top 250 for Headquarters (if I play it).

Also, I got a 59-1 Domination on Cracked, highest K/D game ever.

If this sounds braggy, I apologize, but I was just on fire, and I'm kind of proud of the outcome.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yoooooooo

leafy for president

id pee myself if i was even like top 100 on anything, so many ppl play this game, and theres so many try hards play this game that if i get top anything id just be like (to the try hards) :troll:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Leafy, I'm not doubting your skills, but you must have been playing with a few people because you can't depend on randoms.

Matt07

Smash Master
PS3 just got version 1.09 and Escalation Map Pack :D.

But PSN Store is still down O_o? Nevermind the DLC is available through in game, but says "There are no items in the store at this time." Probably still trying to add it I guess.

:phone:

Matt07

Smash Master
Pretty sure, ya. We're getting it starting on Friday at 10:00am PST.

But it's still not available yet people are playing it lol T_T.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
As long as Nuketown 24/7 comes up again, I'll be happy with or without the map pack.

Leafy, I'm not doubting your skills, but you must have been playing with a few people because you can't depend on randoms.
You're right. I was playing with two other people, not the best players in the world, but they're quite good, and without them, I couldn't have done anywhere near that good while still playing to win. I really doubt that I'll be able to ever hold that type of rank again, that was the best I've ever played, and a score per minute that's that high without playing Ground War is really nothing but a fluke.

Also, Hot_ArmS, Player-1 is right. If you can get a full party together and be the person who plants the bomb every game, it's pretty easy to get up high on the Sabotage leaderboards.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
PS3 is getting the map pack?! Does this mean double xp weekend will be coming up soon for both systems?
Pretty sure, ya. We're getting it starting on Friday at 10:00am PST.

But it's still not available yet people are playing it lol T_T.

There is currently no date on when the 'Escalation' map pack is being released on the PS3. It's out on June 2nd for the PC.

There will be another double XP weekend when it's released for the PS3, stay tuned.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
When are you going to get an Xbox? Honestly, I'm not too amazing, but when I have good team mates, I do exponentially better. I think its because I'm good at everything but map control (People always kill me from the stupidest places with the stupidest luck of the stupidest magnitude.)
I'm pretty sure that I'd do well playing with a tryhard like you.
compliment

EDIT: I don't want to make another post after F8ALs, but this is Important
I want to start a competitive branch of team SWF. Basically, we will be the 3-4 tryhardest members of team swf. We will play on the competitive playlist. We will have weekly practices where we will play private matches in which we determine how we will control maps, what guns and classes are proper for certain maps, and who will control what portions of maps from what positions.
We will also play public-non-tryhard-playlist matches in team tactical in which we will practice our strategies.
Who wants in? TriangleFish is needed (you will be the only noncamper.)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
5/31/11

(Title Update 9)

• Security Updates.
• Combat Record properly displays other players’ first stat page even if they don’t have the latest TU.
• Improvements to split screen fog.
• Films are now accessible even if a user’s console date/time is not set up properly.
• Score and time limit no longer reset in Combat Training if a user opens other menus.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
EDIT: I don't want to make another post after F8ALs, but this is Important
I want to start a competitive branch of team SWF. Basically, we will be the 3-4 tryhardest members of team swf. We will play on the competitive playlist. We will have weekly practices where we will play private matches in which we determine how we will control maps, what guns and classes are proper for certain maps, and who will control what portions of maps from what positions.
We will also play public-non-tryhard-playlist matches in team tactical in which we will practice our strategies.
Who wants in? TriangleFish is needed (you will be the only noncamper.)
LOL. I guess I'd be up for a trial run. Naturally though, since I am prestiging, I can't always be very consistent with my class set ups. Although everything I use I can get early on, it's more an issue of having pro perks. =/

Grandeza

Smash Master
I got hit by an insane tomahwak on radiation that bounced at least off two different things. Pretty insane. I even went and watched it in theater because I was so amazed.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
As soon as I hear a release date for the PS3, I'll post it here.

I'd imagine it'd be out soon since it's been almost a month since the 360 release but Sony has to get the PSN store back up.

Top Bottom